11400 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilmoro.com/
- Phone: 3105753530x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 3:00pm
Happy Hours: Monday to Saturday 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Dinner:Monday to Thursday: 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm,
Dinner:Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Foiani
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Lucy Foiani.
- Private Party Facilities: Il Moro provides a range of services. From elegant dinners to corporate cocktail parties, wedding reception, fashion reception, charity galas and film premieres. A selection of proven or customized banquet menus coordinated with Lucy, combined with impeccable service ensures a great experience.
- Private Party Contact: Lucy Foiani 8886035855
- Entertainment: See our schedule on Events
- Special Events: Yes, from small to 250 people Special Events: Wine Tasting, every Tursday 6 pm to 8 pm. Happy Hours, Monday to Friday 5 pm to 7 pm
A word from Il Moro
You can now relax in our Traditional Italian Bar open from 11:00 am Monday to Friday , Lunch, Happy Hour cocktails and small appetizers, . Our multi-functional bar is always open. Il Moro features exquisite Northern Italian cuisine served in a classic restaurant with a modern ambiance. Enjoy the beautiful open-air and heated patio garden.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Moro reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (17)good for groups (17)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Tortelloni al Zucca!!SherryVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is my favorite time of year to visit Il Moro, simply for the fabulous Tortelloni al Zucca!! - Pumpkin tortelloni inside a pumpkin!! I choose the bolognese sauce and ask for capers and I am one happy lady! I have been coming to Il Moro for more than a decade now and always look forward to dining there! Thank you Il Moro!!Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!SherryVIPDined on 10/9/2014It is an especially great time of year to dine at Il Moro, because of the limited time item of Tortelloni al Zucca!! This is simply the best pasta meal to have right now and of course I order it with bolognese sauce! And I always ask for a side of capers to top it off!! Please don't charge me for these, as that is ridiculous! Capers are such a wonderful topping to this amazing, clean, yummy and wonderful Fall menu item. The staff are always great as is the owner!!Special Features:
- Great food, smokey outdoorsPasadenaEaterDined on 10/2/2014The food and service was excellent - minus the cigarette smoke on the patio which may have been coming from an adjacent area. But will be returning and sitting inside.
- EpicureDined on 9/29/2014Excellent food & service; the wild salmon paired with greens was fresh & flavorful; highly recommend!Special Features:
- EmptyJRCarolDined on 9/22/2014We went on a Monday Night and there was only one other table filled. The food and service was very good. We enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:
- Mixed feelings about Il Morotravelgal10VIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a party of 4. Three of us enjoyed our entrée, the 4th was most unhappy with the pasta dish ordered. Our waiter seemed more interested in going home rather than to enjoy his job. We ate in the outdoor patio, which was delightful in this balmy weather.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor spaceAndrewVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was solid, as usual. The night was beautiful so we ate outside. One would never know he was in West LA. A waterfall, a "stream" wetlands, wonderful. The service was a tad on the slow side, not as good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite for AmbianceLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We're old fashioned. Still remember the days when you could hear yourself talk in restaurants. Il Moro solves that problem either in the dining room or patio which is one of the nicest in the City. We haven't been going as much as we usually did because we weren't happy with the food, but returned recently and have found an improved experience other than the bread. This particular time the food was uniformly good. Our party of four had a total of two drinks, one pizza, one salad three pastas, one mushroom appetizer, two deserts, and two coffee. Bill was about $98 per couple with the tip. Service was very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014great happy hour...we were there for an art opening though and the noise level was deafening! we never did happy hour...just went to the dining room; poor wine list but very good appetizers to share and "made do" with a bottle of white italian wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable-Great AmbianceLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you like refined & handsome décor plus one of the better patios in the City, head to Il Moro. Our dinner (a party of four) was very good other than the bread which needs improvement. We started with one tasty eggplant appetizer and delicious salad (Garga) with watercress, avocado, pine nuts, shaved Parmesan, and hearts of palm.....couldn't have been better. The ladies shared a Pizza and my friend enjoyed his linguini and clams and I thought the Bolognaise was good.....not cheap for a relatively light dinner at $71 per couple, but the ambiance more than made up for it. Always a warm greetings from the hosts. This particular Saturday night they had live music in the patio starting at 9PM (just as we were leaving).Special Features:
- Great every time!FriedmansVIPDined on 8/30/2014The owners are always on hand to make sure you have a great experience. My favorites never disappoint and the tiramisu is the best in town. Make sure you arrive with an appetite because you don't want to miss the salads, entrees and desserts. You will walk away full and content.Special Features:
- A great mealJimboDined on 8/12/2014I've been going to Il Moro for many years and this is a place that has never disappointed me. The food is excellent, the location is great, the service fantastic. I had dinner with a friend whom I haven't seen for some time. I started out wiith the mushroom risotto which as really good but the rice was a little undercooked....the rice was a little hard for a risotto. I then went on to the seared ahi tuna that was crusted with pistachios which was really good....seared just right. I will continue to come to this restaurant when I have a craving for good Italian food.Special Features:
- Excellent FindPastaheavenDined on 8/4/2014I have now been four times and keep coming back again and again. Great service, delightful food. The private room is lovely for meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not its best nightAndrewVIPDined on 8/2/2014I quite like Il Moro, solid food and a convenient location, street parking at dinner (valet too) but, although the three appetizers were great and the lamb chops were first rate, the pork osso buco was off--tasted heavy, musky, something; and the ahi special (over sautéed onions) was OK but not a good combination. Of course I will go back, I like the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DiappointingsanysidroVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service and ambiance were all excellent as usual. The food was a bit disappointing compared to prior visits. In particular, the sole and vegetables I ordered were overcooked and my wife's pasta dish was OK but had too much tomato sauce. The artichoke salad was very good as were the lattes (although the lattes did not have the usual little cookies they often serve). While it remains one of our favorites this experience did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Il More is always wonderfulGaryDined on 7/30/2014I have been coming to Il Moro since it opened as my office was one block away. Despite moving away in 2008 I always find a reason at least every 2-3 months to make it to Il Moro. Never disappointing and if there is any issue at all it is immediately fixed by the most gracious wait staff and ownership. I love bringing people who have never been as it is truly an oasis amidst the WLA Olympic Blvd concrete jungle. Sitting outside by their man-made brook is a truly romantic place to take someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Il Morok3mcnDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful ambiance, delicious food, great service -- will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingirvelsVIPDined on 7/25/2014We were disappointed with the preparation of our fish. The restaurant may be going through a decline. By 8:30, there still very few diners. Not what it used to be.Special Features:
- BuzzyVIPDined on 7/10/2014I have been here a few times before, and always had stellar service by the waiter that works the outdoor area. He was off the lnight I visited, and the woman was not even close to him. Unlike him, who was personable, knowledgeable and checked on us often (but was not in our face), she took our order, and was seldom back. The busboy did the rest. Also, the food was not as good as I recall. My daughter likes the margarita pizza. I like thin crusts, but this is too thin, and cools off far to fast. Once cool, it is not very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Normally very good however the steak salad was tasteless and well over priced.
- Good foodAdinerDined on 7/5/2014We have never been to this restaurant, but found it online. We had a party of 5 and we all enjoyed the food there. The service was very good. The seats are comfortable. The lighting is good that we can actually read the menu. The food was excellent and the dessert was the best. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprisedNonicknameDined on 7/1/2014Hadn't eaten there for many years. Food was excellent and not overpriced. Could actually have conversation at table without any problem. Service was very good. I will go back more often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 587 reviews are from the Il Moro reviews archive.
- Best/Classiest RestaurantFoobahVIPDined on 6/13/2014Il Moro is the best restaurant. Somehow prices are reasonable, but everything else that counts is the best.Special Features:
- JeffreyBDined on 6/13/2014Food was really good but thought the $25 corkage and extra charge for broccoli was excessive.Special Features:
- The food is pretty badOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014I've been to this restaurant twice because it is located in the same building as my office. On both occasions the food was consistently tasteless.
- Our girls night outCRM1VIPDined on 6/11/2014A great restaurant for a quiet conversation and some rally good food. We all had the pork with prunes special which was served with a good portion of spinach and roasted potatoes. Waitress recommended a lovely smooth Malbec which we enjoyed immensley. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Il MoroOutwfriendsDined on 6/10/2014The website said happy hour from 4-7. We arrived @430 but told no food til 5p. We tried joking w bartender, but he was unfriendly, if not quite hostile... We waited til 5p then ordered salads from indifferent waiter n glass of $5 sb. Pointed to it. $5. Salad n app were nice, but eggplant was bland, tasteless... Boring. We decided to skip dessert n go somewhere else. We got bill, was charged $12 per glass of wine! waiter changed it, but said i had ordered more expensive wine...blame the customer? I hadn't ordered pricier wine... Owner was nice, friendly but still charged us for eggplant! I used to frequent this place, but sadly, i probably won't be back. Too bad, this was such a nice place...Special Features:
- divine Italian foodLisaTWLADined on 6/2/2014so easy to get to, and the food is wonderfully authentic, as well as the wait staff and host/hostesses. a beautiful place to enjoy. and a full bar which never hurts.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindAndrewVIPDined on 5/24/2014In an area otherwise bereft of good eating spots, Il Moro stands alone. Sleek yet warm interior; lovely garden; decent wine list; solid, often very good food; and fair prices combine to make this a favorite. Throw in easy freeway accessibility and street parking if valet is not your style, and it is a place to keep in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah, Il Moro!HollyLAVIPDined on 5/16/2014Dear Diners, Il Moro will never disappoint you. On this occasion, we celebrated our daughter's graduation from USC. The food was delicious (as usual), the wine superb (our waiter, Ray, always delights us with a great red wine selection) and the service excellent. Service is attentive without being too fussy. We have been eating for years, and we always love it. Thank you again, Elio, Emina and Ray, for another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!CarolVIPDined on 5/12/2014My friend and I had a wonderful lunch here this week! Excellent shaved artichoke salad, ricotta and artichoke puree ravioli in a butter and sage sauce and great service. I have already recommended Il Moro to more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatLuluDined on 5/8/2014I have been going to Il Moro for lunch for many years and it is always fantastic. I have never been disappointed by the service or the food. Highly recommend this place for a great dining experience where you can also carry on a conversation without straining to hear or raising your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian restaurantAbbodanzaVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food, always changing, is excellent, the service is professional and efficient. The outdoor patio is as pretty as it gets. Parking is easy. This restaurant is reliable and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Pleasant and goodbunkieDined on 5/3/2014I enjoy this place very much. Food and wines choices are varied and interesting and service is impeccable. This time my dish, a special, I found a bit odd--small pieces of raw fish topping a good saffron risotto. It didn't come off as a good pairing to me. My friends were happy with their pork dish and lamb ragout risotto from the menu. It's the first time I haven't been thrilled with my own selection.Special Features:
- always a winnerhgfromLADined on 4/29/2014You can never go wrong with Il Moro. The menu is varied and interesting unlike your every day Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- GreatTheFineDinersVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful lunch and the service is fantastic. The food is unique and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Moro is still great!DinnerCruzDined on 4/18/2014The Artichoke Salad was wonderful, especially topped with fresh wild salmon was wonderful. But my husband wanted the gnocchi special, and they were already out of the special. The waiter recommended the beet risotto, but that was a disappointment. The tiramissu was good, but the jar container did not fit the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014Although the restaurant was grandiose, beautiful and has a fantastic patio. There were few patrons, and it felt cold and uncaring. The appetizers were the best part of everyone's meal. The Brochette was the best and the Octopus was just OK. Each of the four main dishes each lacked something; whether it was the portion, or taste, they all fell short.
- Were seated on patio. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014Were seated on patio. It was freezing. Very windy, no heaters.Special Features:
- Good, not greatUCLASteveVIPDined on 4/1/2014One of the few restaurants in West LA with outdoor seating that is not on a street. Nice ambiance with greenery and a "creek" even tho it is between tall buildings. Salads were excellent, apple desert was mostly apple and flavorful (just what we wanted). Pasta courses were a bit disappointing, the sauces did not really complement (in fact they overwhelmed) the main ingredient. Service was spotty. Water glasses were filled irregularly, but the waiter asked about 10 times if we were enjoying the food. We enjoyed the meal, but there was room for improvement.I would recommend this to a friend.