89 Main St
Peapack, NJ 07977Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ilmonellonj.com/
- Phone: 9084700005x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Martino Malsori
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Call 908-470-0005 for catering options
- Private Party Facilities: Call 908-470-0005 for private dining options
- Private Party Contact: Martino 9084700005x
- Entertainment: Call 908-470-0005 for an entertainment schedule
A word from Il Monello
Il Monello brings expert technique and impeccable service to the authentic cuisine of the Abuzzo region of Italy. Nestled along the Adriatic coast, Abruzzo is one of Italy’s most beautiful and fertile regions. Abruzzese cooks are known for turning fresh, simple ingredients into sumptuous feasts. Il Monello has stayed true to this heritage of exquisitely prepared, farm-fresh meat, fish, and vegetables, served with a level of skill and innovation that have kept it at the forefront of fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Monello reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (5)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ?? Never ate thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014I made a reservation for 10 and when I called to confirm, discovered they were closed for vacation. Thankfully I had enough time to make another reservation, but there was no indication on Open Table that they were closed.
- Not openenjoydiningout14VIPDined on 7/25/2014We had a reservation on July 25th for three people. Received a text reminder from Open Table that day. However when we got to the restaurant there was a sign on the door saying there was a gas leak in the kitchen and it was closed. That will be our last attempt at going there although we had previously enjoyed most of our visits there.
- Always a wonderful mealRiffVIPDined on 7/10/2014I keep going back. The food, service and setting is top notch. When I have guests or want a quality meal this is where I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerWalterHardingDined on 7/6/2014Always cordial and warm to customers. You always feel like you are an old friend!Special Features:
- WalterHardingDined on 6/28/2014Always great food and service. The patio is very special for summer evening dining!Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Il Monello's is always good and the service is terrific.Special Features:
- Not so GreatBettyDined on 5/25/2014We did not like our waiter. He was pushing certain items and telling us what to order. When we asked to put the salad dressing on the side he said he couldn’t do it. We will not return. They reported that w were a no show when actually we arrived on time.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Il Monello reviews archive.
- An excellent dinnerDeeTeeDined on 5/9/2014Our reservation happened to be on a slow night (the Friday of Mothers' Day weekend). Because it wasn't crowded, the noise level was relatively quiet - don't know what it'd be like when they're packed. Anyway, the food was incredible! We both selected from the specials, starting with a simple salad lightly dressed with a delicious Roquefort vinaigrette. My wife had chicken with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and I had a wild boar chop - unbelievable! The meats were tender and flavorful, and even side vegetables were perfectly cooked (still retaining some crispness). The service was first-class. Our waiter chatted with us but wasn't overbearing, and he tended to every detail without being intrusive. I'd definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and rushedOnetimerDined on 3/29/2014Came highly recommended. Went at 7 pm on Saturday night. Good ambiance - we had a very nice table for 3. We felt very rushed - not by our server, but from the head waiter. Served a nice zucchini bruschetta which we were enjoying w fresh sliced hard cheese. While one of us was eating from the bread plate an expediter came to the table and asked to move it to the side IN MID BITE..he was running around at a frantic pace, no doubt being pushed by the head waiter. The food was average, gnocchi was mushy and veal parm was chewy. We were finished eating and our server was being prodded to move us along - but to his credit he told him that we were enjoying our wine. Other diners were offered complimentary after dinner drinks - we were not.
- Great find!CarriedDined on 3/28/2014I was searching thru open table when I came across this gem in Peapack. BYOB. Excellent service, staff, food. Went back a second time already! The salmon was terrific as was the chicken and wild boar osso bucco. Just lots of personal touches. Definite return spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was special menuMJNJVIPDined on 2/14/2014Valentines day was special occasion pre fixe menu. Great selection of six course meal. Restaurant was filled to capacity and the wait staff got a bit confused over course order for a couple of tables...food was so good no customers complained...the ambiance was calming enough and food good enough that which comes in order salad or soup didn't really matter. Food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2014I love this place, I recently found it and I have dined 4 times there already, twice with my wife and twice with a group of friends (15), in all cases the service was fantastic as well as the food. BYOB a great plus!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Medium - Service MediumsrthngntlmanVIPDined on 11/23/2013This was our first visit to this place and arrived exactly on time for our reservation and were told that they were busy, had a number of large parties and the wait would be 10 to 15 min. The point of reservation is to not wait so better planning is needed. We were seated 15 min or so later but at a drafty table next to the kitchen door. Asked hostess is this was the norm and she said it was not her job and she didn't make seating decisions. Bottom line - main courses and desserts were ok but nothing special. Dessert was ordered with coffee. Dessert arrived with no coffee and took two requests to get coffee for both of us. Overall - I supposed it could be a nice place if you can get a decent table and better service.
- Wonderful, attentive service.AndrewDDined on 10/9/2013Wonderful, attentive service. Excellent interpretation of classic Italian dishes. Only drawback is no liquor license but they do provide complimentary aperitifs. I would recommend unequivocally and dine there as often as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMikeDined on 10/8/2013Service and food were impeccable. Wonderful ambiance. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 5th time here this yearRiffVIPDined on 9/29/2013My 5th time here this year and the food is consistently outstanding. The wait staff is attentive and very friendly and professional. BYOB is a plus. Great restaurant and looking forward to going again this weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal and serviceRiffVIPDined on 9/8/2013We've been here about 5 times this summer and it never fails. The food is outstanding the service is the best I've experienced. I can't complement them enough and I've been to some very fancy restaurants of the celebrity chefs.Special Features: