Il Luogo Ristorante
159 Sunrise Hwy.
Lynbrook, NY 11563Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Luogo Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.illuogoristorante.com/
- Phone: 5168379015
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Jara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Il Luogo Ristorante
Il Luogo Ristorante offers a variety of flavorful, homemade Italian dishes, using only the freshest and finest ingredients. We boast a professional and staff providing hallmark service in an exciting atmosphere. Chef Marco and Maître’d Cesar will made your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Luogo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
Il Luogo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (27)romantic (25)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FranOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant with outstanding food. Small but intimate and the staff was wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFeedMeVIPDined on 10/25/20141st visit last Saturday evening. Very poor service! Served drinks and after 40 minutes still no menus, so had to ask. Bread not replenished nor were water glasses, so had to ask. After entrees served waiter left and no offer of pepper or grated cheese for pasta, so had to ask. Our waiter was pleasant and quickly brought the menus, water, bread,pepper, cheese....and reheated my cold veal dish. The reviews on Open Table rave about the service....hopefully what we experienced was not the norm. Food and menu selections very good, so we will give this restaurant another try and hope service is better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday night at 8:30pm. We were 2 couples. The food was excellent and the service attentive. There were 2 large groups, but one of them was extremely loud. I saw another table asking the waiter to say something to them, so I added the same request from our table; he said he but I doubt it, I don't think he would jeopardize his tip. We spent a lot of money at the restaurant and even though the meal and service was excellent, we did not have a good experience because of that loud and inconsiderate group. I don't blame the restaurant, but I would avoid Saturday nights there, or not stay if I see a large group. That is just me, others might not mind it, so I would still recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, but too noisyJolenieDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions. The food is generally quite good. We had reservations but had to wait about 15-20 minutes to be seated, due to the presence of several parties and large groups. I wish that something could be done about the noise level, because it is difficult to chat. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant, but try avoiding going late on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014expensive. shared salad, husband had a dinner, i had just an appetizer. we each had one glass of wine, a coffee each,, and we shared a dessert. $130 I think is high. Food was good. presented very nicely and service was outstanding. 6:15 reservation and was seated immediately. we did not linger, and food came out timely yet we didn't leave until 9:00 and not because we were lingering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food on Long IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is my favorite place to eat,great Italian Classics seafood,veal chop are excellent and the Service is Impeccable.Bravo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsjustragooDined on 10/8/2014The restaurant itself was absolutely adorable, it was very welcoming and delightful definitely good service to me! If you're ever around the area, I highly recommend this restaurant. They are attentive and the owner is super friendly.So if you're looking for a fun filled evening of relaxation and good food and a place that feels like home, I would definitely suggest going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing and delicious. I never hesitate to try something new because I know I would never be disappointed by this fine dining. From the appetizers to dessert, I enjoyed every bit of it. It can't get better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousjustragooDined on 10/4/2014I can only say that the food and the consistency of serving such amazing food at the Il LUOGO delights me and is why we continue to return. I generally order stake but this time, Rigatoni Di Ricotta Fatti Di Casa Amarone with “amazing”.Special Features:
- SuperCook4meVIPDined on 9/28/2014Dined here this past Sunday and my new favorite place without the need to go to the both shore!! The service was outstanding even thou we been here just once we felt as we were regulars and we will be for sure !! Onto the food my wife had the steak so tender all you need was the fork and the seafood pasta special cooked to perfection! Make a date and go you will not be sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, everything was spot onjustragooDined on 9/24/2014"When you enter a restaurant and are greeted with smiling faces and professional, courteous attention, chances are that this is a sign of good things to come. In the case of Il Luogo this held true in every possible way and it is clear that this is an extremely well-managed establishment with a very high quality mindset. Everything was absolutely exquisite and the service was as good as it gets. The owner was friendly, enthusiastic.Soft music playing in the backgroung great play list i must add (frank sinatra and red wine) I doubt that there is a single item on the menu that would disappoint, so all I can say is try this place...it is truly a neighborhood gem, deserving of each and every star I have given themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you repeat that?DockDined on 9/20/2014Way too loud. A small room that echoed and amplified every conversation in the place. It was so loud it was painful. Food was good but I wouldn't go back.
- Anniversary dinnerAnniversaryDined on 9/18/2014We always look for a special place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We found another one at Il Luogo. Food and service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentVIPDined on 9/17/2014Took co-workers there from out of town. First time there and thoroughly enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceAngieDined on 9/12/2014The service was exceptional, and it was nice to have normal portions for a change. I do not enjoy an overwhelming amount of food on my plate, and here is was just right. You are satisfied,and still have some room for a yummy desert and coffee if you so desire. The atmosphere is friendly and the waiter was very professional. He was most accommodating. I think the food was very nice, but my salad dressing was very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014The staff and food is always unbelievable. This is definitely our favorite place to eat!Special Features:
- SlomanDined on 8/28/2014Went to Il Luogo with a group of people. The food was amazing. The service and the attention that was given was excellent. It is not every day that people get such great attention and are treated so well. I would recommend this restaurant for their excellent service, great food, and friendly and fun place to eat. All my friends enjoyed the restaurant so much that they are asking me when can they do it again. My compliments to the chef and also the owner for a job well done.Special Features:
- FREAKING AMAZINGjustragooDined on 8/27/2014Without a doubt, this is a hidden gem in Lynbrook. Going here wife and I Nice people , great service. Really nice atmosphere. Had a stuffed veal chop which was HUGE and packed with cheese, spinach , pepperoni and tons of other goodies. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. Also the dish came with a side of mushrooms in a thin cognac gravy which they described as a side sauce for the meat, in actuality it was an entire side dish hiding in a gravy boat! Ordered a bottle of wine and they aerate it for you and keep the glass full. Also ordered a lamb shank which was amazing - seasoned perfect cooked even better. A well deserved five stars to il luogo , amazing service and the best Italian food in the area, hands down. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2EatDined on 8/23/2014my first time at this restaurant but not my first dining out experience. while staff was amiable I felt things seemed disjointed. two different waiters came to table to take drink order. after telling second waiter we had already ordered he still insisted we tell him again. while in the middle of reciting specials waiter walked away and returned much later. had to ask someone else to finish specials so that we could relax and make our decision. food was dissapointing. my husbands pasta was smothered in sauce. we sent appetizer of mussels back to kitchen because the white wine sauce they were in tasted sour. with all that being said, everyone was very nice and tried to accomodate us.
- pamelaDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. The service was not. Dishes were placed in front of the incorrect diners. Salads arrived already dressed, when it was requested to be put on the side. The noise in the restaurant was horrific. We left before dessert, in order to find a quieter place to talk.
- TommyboyDined on 8/22/2014Small place we've visited under prior owners. This is a good improvement in terms of food and service, both of which were very good. Menu is mostly standard northern Italian, with some interesting options. Specials are, typically and unfortunately, higher priced, which, I guess, is also typical and why price is not volunteered by waiter. That always disappoints. All in all, however, it's worth a try and we'll probably return.Special Features:
- Il Luogo Fine ItalianGFSFDinersVIPDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Il Luogo on a Sunday evening, celebrating our anniversary. The food and service were wonderful, and they topped off the evening with a fruit platter for dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the side (and no charge!). They accommodated a gluten-free diet (gluten-free pasta is available, and a veal scallopini dish was prepared without any flour). This was our first time there, but we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014From the service to the ambiance makes Il Luogo an excellent place to dine. The staff is informative and attentive. The menu is varied and well chosen as are the nightly specials. Each part of the meal (appetizer to desert) is spaced out nicely, nothing is rushed nor are you asking "Where's my dinner?" My wife and I have dined here 5 or 6 times and each visit has been the same........quality, quality, and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The food is delicious and the service is great can't get better than that, this is a very special restaurant from the moment you walk in to the moment you leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special experience.ConnieDined on 8/2/2014Having been here many times, we always enjoy the service, the food and how special everyone makes us feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014This restaurant was recommended by one of my friends and I was not disappointed. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. Definitely will visit again, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacejustragooDined on 7/25/2014We were warmly greeted. The menu was extensive and there were quite a few specials. Our waiter was very attentive. The food was very delicious and the presentation was beautiful. I had fried calamari as an appetizer. There was easily enough for two to share. The rings were light and tasted fresh. My wife had a salad of arugula, shaved Parmesan, avocado, tomatoes with a lemon/ truffle vinaigrette. I had an excellent veal saltimbocca with tender veal, prosciutto, and mozzarella in a brown demi-glace sauce. My wife had shrimp scampi with spinach and mashed potatoes. Our friends had lobster ravioli and fettuccine with shrimp, crab, and a lobster tail. The portions were large and were a good value. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLance932Dined on 7/19/2014We had some friends from New Jersey meet us here and they loved Il Luogo. This was my second time there and the food and service was as excellent as the first time I went there. I will definitely be going back there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfied!!JeannieDined on 7/18/2014Il Luogo is one of our favorite places to go. It is a local restaurant that can be compared to many of the finer Manhattan restaurants. The staff is very professional and the food is top shelf! I highly recommend giving it a try!! If you do you will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerEminenceVIPDined on 7/12/2014One of the specials that night was a lobster salad appetizer that was worth the price of admission by itself. The food was all very good to excellent. I'm not from the area and I don't know when I would have the opportunity to go there again, but I would recommend Il Luogo to anyone in the Eastern Queens/Nassau County area.Special Features:
- Definitely worth itcyampiDined on 7/8/2014The staff was so friendly and catered to all my needs. I loved the service and the food. I will visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 149 reviews are from the Il Luogo Ristorante reviews archive.
- Incredible dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The seafood dish for two people was outstanding. A true dining experience. The service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SpecialGemFinder2Dined on 5/22/2014The only place I wanted to spend my birthday with my family. In addition to a wonderful regular menu, their numerous specials are a delight. Everyone in my party had beautifully served food that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "THE PLACE"AMARONEDined on 5/18/2014VERY CORDIAL STAFF-FANTASTIC MEAL FROM APPETIZERS TO DESSERT--EXCELLENT PRESENTATIONSSpecial Features:
- Great fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The minute I walked in,it was a great experience, the food was excellent, the service outstanding and very professional. Can't wait to go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestnew restaurantfoodaholicDined on 5/9/2014Loved the restaurant - food is so much better than prior ownership. Dover sole was outstanding - service was friendly and very professional. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicetunacantjDined on 5/2/2014This is the 5th time we have dined at Il Luogo. The food id always delicious and well presented. The service is exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking to celebrate an anniversary or other speciial occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Every time I come to the restaurant the food is excellent. And the service is the best. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding resturauntOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Every time I come to the resturaunt I'm never disappointed. I always have great service and the food is exceptional. Every week the specials are different and delicious. I'm looking forward to coming back to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticvipotVIPDined on 4/17/2014went on a thursday night & they had a singer singing old school music. it was very cool. Food was great but little pricy & ordered all the specials not realizing the prices were more than what's on the menu. might go back for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.