Il Luogo Ristorante
159 Sunrise Hwy.
Lynbrook, NY 11563Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Luogo Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.illuogoristorante.com/
- Phone: 5168379015
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:30pm,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Jara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Il Luogo Ristorante
Il Luogo Ristorante offers a variety of flavorful, homemade Italian dishes, using only the freshest and finest ingredients. We boast a professional and staff providing hallmark service in an exciting atmosphere. Chef Marco and Maître’d Cesar will made your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Il Luogo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Rockville Centre ›
Il Luogo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (23)romantic (19)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The service was exceptional, and it was nice to have normal portions for a change. I do not enjoy an overwhelming amount of food on my plate, and here is was just right. You are satisfied,and still have some room for a yummy desert and coffee if you so desire. The atmosphere is friendly and the waiter was very professional. He was most accommodating. I think the food was very nice, but my salad dressing was very bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014The staff and food is always unbelievable. This is definitely our favorite place to eat!Special Features:
- SlomanDined on 8/28/2014Went to Il Luogo with a group of people. The food was amazing. The service and the attention that was given was excellent. It is not every day that people get such great attention and are treated so well. I would recommend this restaurant for their excellent service, great food, and friendly and fun place to eat. All my friends enjoyed the restaurant so much that they are asking me when can they do it again. My compliments to the chef and also the owner for a job well done.Special Features:
- FREAKING AMAZINGjustragooDined on 8/27/2014Without a doubt, this is a hidden gem in Lynbrook. Going here wife and I Nice people , great service. Really nice atmosphere. Had a stuffed veal chop which was HUGE and packed with cheese, spinach , pepperoni and tons of other goodies. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. Also the dish came with a side of mushrooms in a thin cognac gravy which they described as a side sauce for the meat, in actuality it was an entire side dish hiding in a gravy boat! Ordered a bottle of wine and they aerate it for you and keep the glass full. Also ordered a lamb shank which was amazing - seasoned perfect cooked even better. A well deserved five stars to il luogo , amazing service and the best Italian food in the area, hands down. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2EatDined on 8/23/2014my first time at this restaurant but not my first dining out experience. while staff was amiable I felt things seemed disjointed. two different waiters came to table to take drink order. after telling second waiter we had already ordered he still insisted we tell him again. while in the middle of reciting specials waiter walked away and returned much later. had to ask someone else to finish specials so that we could relax and make our decision. food was dissapointing. my husbands pasta was smothered in sauce. we sent appetizer of mussels back to kitchen because the white wine sauce they were in tasted sour. with all that being said, everyone was very nice and tried to accomodate us.
- pamelaDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good. The service was not. Dishes were placed in front of the incorrect diners. Salads arrived already dressed, when it was requested to be put on the side. The noise in the restaurant was horrific. We left before dessert, in order to find a quieter place to talk.
- TommyboyDined on 8/22/2014Small place we've visited under prior owners. This is a good improvement in terms of food and service, both of which were very good. Menu is mostly standard northern Italian, with some interesting options. Specials are, typically and unfortunately, higher priced, which, I guess, is also typical and why price is not volunteered by waiter. That always disappoints. All in all, however, it's worth a try and we'll probably return.Special Features:
- Il Luogo Fine ItalianGFSFDinersVIPDined on 8/17/2014We dined at Il Luogo on a Sunday evening, celebrating our anniversary. The food and service were wonderful, and they topped off the evening with a fruit platter for dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the side (and no charge!). They accommodated a gluten-free diet (gluten-free pasta is available, and a veal scallopini dish was prepared without any flour). This was our first time there, but we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014From the service to the ambiance makes Il Luogo an excellent place to dine. The staff is informative and attentive. The menu is varied and well chosen as are the nightly specials. Each part of the meal (appetizer to desert) is spaced out nicely, nothing is rushed nor are you asking "Where's my dinner?" My wife and I have dined here 5 or 6 times and each visit has been the same........quality, quality, and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The food is delicious and the service is great can't get better than that, this is a very special restaurant from the moment you walk in to the moment you leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special experience.ConnieDined on 8/2/2014Having been here many times, we always enjoy the service, the food and how special everyone makes us feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014This restaurant was recommended by one of my friends and I was not disappointed. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. Definitely will visit again, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacejustragooDined on 7/25/2014We were warmly greeted. The menu was extensive and there were quite a few specials. Our waiter was very attentive. The food was very delicious and the presentation was beautiful. I had fried calamari as an appetizer. There was easily enough for two to share. The rings were light and tasted fresh. My wife had a salad of arugula, shaved Parmesan, avocado, tomatoes with a lemon/ truffle vinaigrette. I had an excellent veal saltimbocca with tender veal, prosciutto, and mozzarella in a brown demi-glace sauce. My wife had shrimp scampi with spinach and mashed potatoes. Our friends had lobster ravioli and fettuccine with shrimp, crab, and a lobster tail. The portions were large and were a good value. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealLance932Dined on 7/19/2014We had some friends from New Jersey meet us here and they loved Il Luogo. This was my second time there and the food and service was as excellent as the first time I went there. I will definitely be going back there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always satisfied!!JeannieDined on 7/18/2014Il Luogo is one of our favorite places to go. It is a local restaurant that can be compared to many of the finer Manhattan restaurants. The staff is very professional and the food is top shelf! I highly recommend giving it a try!! If you do you will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerEminenceDined on 7/12/2014One of the specials that night was a lobster salad appetizer that was worth the price of admission by itself. The food was all very good to excellent. I'm not from the area and I don't know when I would have the opportunity to go there again, but I would recommend Il Luogo to anyone in the Eastern Queens/Nassau County area.Special Features:
- Definitely worth itcyampiDined on 7/8/2014The staff was so friendly and catered to all my needs. I loved the service and the food. I will visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The seafood dish for two people was outstanding. A true dining experience. The service was impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SpecialGemFinder2Dined on 5/22/2014The only place I wanted to spend my birthday with my family. In addition to a wonderful regular menu, their numerous specials are a delight. Everyone in my party had beautifully served food that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Il Luogo Ristorante reviews archive.
- "THE PLACE"AMARONEDined on 5/18/2014VERY CORDIAL STAFF-FANTASTIC MEAL FROM APPETIZERS TO DESSERT--EXCELLENT PRESENTATIONSSpecial Features:
- Great fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The minute I walked in,it was a great experience, the food was excellent, the service outstanding and very professional. Can't wait to go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestnew restaurantfoodaholicDined on 5/9/2014Loved the restaurant - food is so much better than prior ownership. Dover sole was outstanding - service was friendly and very professional. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicetunacantjDined on 5/2/2014This is the 5th time we have dined at Il Luogo. The food id always delicious and well presented. The service is exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody looking to celebrate an anniversary or other speciial occasions.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Every time I come to the restaurant the food is excellent. And the service is the best. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding resturauntOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Every time I come to the resturaunt I'm never disappointed. I always have great service and the food is exceptional. Every week the specials are different and delicious. I'm looking forward to coming back to this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticvipotVIPDined on 4/17/2014went on a thursday night & they had a singer singing old school music. it was very cool. Food was great but little pricy & ordered all the specials not realizing the prices were more than what's on the menu. might go back for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceConnieDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal and the service was attentive without overdoing it. One of our party's orders came out wrong and the correct entree was on the table in less than 5 minutes. It was wonderful to be in a busy restaurant where you could still carry on a conversation at your table without the surrounding noise drowning you out. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Since coming here for one of my many dining experience with my family and friends I must say it has never been disappointing in food and service, such awesome dining astomphere. Can't wait to go again soon. Highly recommend this restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014Not my first time at this wonderful restaurant. The food is great. Wonderful service. A beautiful place. I can't wait to go back to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New RestaurantBill63Dined on 4/2/2014The town of Lynbrook lacks GOOD restaurants like this one. The food was great service was past excellent price was extremly fair. You have a WINNER!!!!Special Features:
- Avoid...johnnybluesVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant , we enjoyed our first visit but as with a lot of restaurants staying consistent seems to be difficult. Growing up in an Italian family in Brooklyn I sometimes find it hard to find good Italian food and this place was no exception. First the service was horrible. We sat at least 15 minutes before a menu was given to us and then only 2 for a party of 4. We were told they were short menus. We also need a high chair for my grand niece we finally got one after 10-15 minutes and it was broken, we asked for a replacement and after another 10-15 minutes were given back the same one! Told they have more on order. Food was just plain not good. Plain and simple! no flavor
- Unique food experienceFletchlivesDined on 3/28/2014Restaurant was small and ambiance was decent. The star though as the food! The crabmeat cocktail appetizer inside an avacado with mango was awesomely different in a good way. My seafood fra diablo over blank ink fettuccini was solid. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Excellent staff at IL LUOGO form the moment in enter to the time I left we were treated with excellent service the staff is well train food was breath taking great wine selection I will recommend to all my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Wonderful food, ambience and professional staff. Everyone was friendly + knowledgeable. Easy location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined at Il Luogo on St.carolVIPDined on 3/19/2014We dined at Il Luogo on St. Joseph's Day and had special bread and a fantastic appetizer of fresh sardines over a breaded pasta, both of which celebrated the holiday and were absolutely delicious. This is about the 10th visit to this restaurant - it is consistent in service and food quality. We enjoy it every visit.Special Features:
- Had not been for a while.AbsolumDined on 3/1/2014Had not been for a while. Food excellent. Service great. Everyone very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014The restaurant was small though the food and the service were excellent. The waiters go above the expectation of what is needed to achieve whats needed to make your dining experience a memorable one. The staff is friendly and personable. I really enjoy this place and will definitely go back there and recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!!jtmomVIPDined on 3/1/2014Everything we ate tonight was delicious. We haven't been here in a while and were very happy with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here to celebrateNikkiBDined on 2/27/2014We came here to celebrate closing on our very first house. The food is delicious and the staff is attentive. This wasn't our first time there and surely will not be our last. Between how a bottle of wine is served for you to dessert everything is delicious and memorable. It being so close to home it's a great pick for a great bite of food. I have already recommended this place to several of my friends who are tired of eating at the same restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer,wine,and dinnerAlinaVIPDined on 2/25/2014I have been to many Italian restaurants,and this restaurant ranks up there with the best,the service was five star,the sommelier made excellent suggestion,and the food was exceptional .this restaurant does not nickel and dime you - I felt that my time and my money were well spent. One additional comment -the marinara sauce is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.