467 N. highland ave
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://illocalino.com/
- Phone: 4042220650
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Giovanni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ll Localino is available for your catering needs. Please call Gale to discuss - 404-222-0650.
- Entertainment: Early in the evening, enjoy the sounds of Sinatra, Buble, Pavaratti and more. Then, as the evening progresses, Il Localino changes the mood to include disco, salsa, and current favorites. Don't be surprised if the music isn't the only surprise! Il Localino strives to make each dining experience unique and memorable.
- Special Events: Il Localino is known for it's ability to provide memorable Special Events. We will help you entertain your guests at a level that will exceed everyone's expectations. For planning help ... Gale 404-222-0650
A word from IL Localino
Il Localino, a charming family owned & operated Italian Restaurant. Delicious authentic food, fun atmosphere, & fabulous drinks!! The perfect spot for a casual dinner or a major celebration! Whether a romantic table for two, or a private party, Il Localino will exceed all of your dining expectations!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
IL Localino - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
IL Localino reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (37)good for groups (30)romantic (21)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Terrible valueLuckyinAtlVIPDined on 10/25/2014Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal. It has a fun vibe, but terribly overpriced and good ranged between nothing special and not good. For example, the chicken parmesan was $25.95 and didn't even come with a side of pasta - just a small, thin piece of chicken. The meatballs in the spaghetti and meatballs dish tasted worse than the frozen meatballs I buy from Publix. Definitely would never go again.Special Features:
- Simply the best.DougbwVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've said it more than once, and I'll say it again. The best Italian cuisine in Atlanta, and one of the best restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in AtlantaChrissyopiaDined on 10/2/2014If you are a foodie this is a restaurant for you. The food is excellent. I highly recommend the cheese and olives to start. The salmon with the champagne and mushroom sauce is delicious. Their pasta dishes are fantastic. Bolognese sauce is authentic and delicious. Expect the best service, the wait staff will treat you like royalty. Gail the owner is delightful, warm and friendly. Wish they had more than one restaurant in the Atlanta area.Special Features:
- Something differentSKassisVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was a very special and fun night at Il Localino! Giovanni was the best host ever! Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Fabulous...BostonpupDined on 9/26/2014Perfect evening....every course was delicious, couldn't ask for better. To top it off, the wait staff and owners cater to your every wish. Everyone is friendly, smiling , and helpful. What a find...nothing I could say wrong aboutt the great food and fun everyone has here.Special Features:
- Good food but kitschyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014We went for restaurant week in Inman Park. The food was good, there was an overabundance of servers who actually sort of forced us to sit at certain seats at the table that we had not chosen. The (presumed) owners were there and DJing the night with occasionally loud music accompanied by a mist machine and disco ball. At one point the servers came over and placed silly hats on everyone's head while the DJ played "Happy" very loudly. Too kitschy for me unless you come in tipsy already...
- ALWAYS A WINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I ALWAYS HAVE GREAT FOOD , GREAT SERVICE AND LOTS OF FUN AT IL LOCALINO.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Perfect evening for our anniversary celebration! Perfect food and wine, romantic atmosphere, and owners are extremely pleasant with attention to every detail!Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent food & service. Unexpected fun with the staff & perfect for the customers we were entertaining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We had a great dinner with family. We enjoyed the evening in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HitRobertVIPDined on 8/22/2014I have been a patron for over 15 years. I discovered the restaurant by accident when I first moved to Atlanta. It quickly became my "go to" restaurant for dates as the food was good and the atmosphere is like not other restaurant. I have been to Italy, and this restaurant gives the feel of truly Italian restaurant. With there disco balls, and high energy music, it's a scene like no other. Even if your in a bad mood walking in, you will leave the place in high spirits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and energeticCardineDined on 8/21/2014food is ok but music and people make the different very party place for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Still great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We have been here twice with our kids and it has been great both times! Excellent food, great service and fun atmosphere. Good choice with or without children:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveQuestingParsonDined on 8/13/2014I first visited Il Localino years ago when I lived in the neighborhood. Now, I live 75 miles away, but I make the 150 round-trip drive to dine at Il Localino as often as I can.Special Features:
- Fantastic CelebrationReady2dineDined on 8/11/2014While celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, the staff was engaging but not distracting. The food was excellent. My wife is gluten free and her experience was "the best Italian I've had in a long time...excellent!" The atmosphere is fun for a quiet environment, with plenty to look at and entertain from a movie/celebrity perspective. The music was soft and did not over-power our conversations, yet set a romantic tone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall fantastic experience and phenomenal food. Thx for making this a memorable dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food.ApercuDined on 8/9/2014The food was incredible! I had reserved a party of 8 originally, then had to change it down to 7 then the day of the reservation I called them to see if they could fit another 3 people, they agreed but we moved the reservation back 15 minutes (totally fine). I felt that we didn't really have a server if we did I saw him twice. I ordered two beers from two different people and never got either of them another person ordered a drink, he never received his either. I understand that there were a lot of other parties, but I did have a large reservation it wasn't like I just walked in with 10 people on a Saturday night. I noticed other tables were receiving excellent service but sadly we were ignored at best.Special Features:
- A delightful SurpriseWolverineGOBLUEDined on 8/9/2014Delicious authentic italian food - just like spaghetti dinner at grandma's. Ambiance changes a little as the evening progresses - prepare yourself for a fog machine, a disco ball, a tambourine and a nostalgic evening out with friends and family. Enjoyed the antipasti, calamari, spaghetti, and desserts. Friendly and casual - wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $jolawDined on 8/9/2014The service was not great - more like annoying service. People were scraping breadcrumbs off the table but not getting the wine order correct. The entrees took forever to arrive. In fact, we ordered 2 glasses of wine and were brought a bottle - which we sent back. Later at home, when we were marveling at how outrageously expensive our bill was, we realized they charged us for the bottle. The check is handwritten, the place is dark...you get the picture. It's amazing how crowded the place is, considering how the food is just fine but nothing to write home about. Maybe that's it? Most of the patrons are out of towners. Your money is better spent elsewhere.
- Awesome Italian RestaurantBillDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was awesome. The restaurant was very authentic and food and service was spectacular.Special Features:
- 30th Wedding Anniversarykrut29Dined on 7/22/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with our two boys and their girl friends. Everyone had a great time, the food was awesome, and the service was on point. I would highly recommend IL Localino to anyone for a celebration or just a good authentic Italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & FunJessieDined on 7/18/2014Great service with a smile from the minute you walk in the door. We loved the menu and the fun. Staff isn't pushy and doesn't hurry you through the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/16/2014Il Localino is a fun place to dine but not great value for your dollar. The level of service is inconsistent for this price point.Special Features:
- CARMELLAVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food and service. Giovanni and Gail were great. Some of the best Italian food I have had outside of NYC and Italy. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Decent Food, great service....DJS8874Dined on 7/4/2014Took a friends family who were visiting and wanted "authentic" Italian and not a chain. The atmosphere, music and food were good, appetizers were much better than my main course which was spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were tiny, like you'd find in spaghetti-o's, no joke. The meal was kind of pricey as well, $180 + tip for four. Overall, no complaints, it's a great little place to take a date or for some special occasion maybe...I'd definitely go back but it's not a place I'd put on a regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the FamilyMarimaDined on 7/3/2014I brought my family to Il Localino because I needed a place that served delicious Italian, that could accommodate a large group, and had a fun atmosphere. Localino had all that and they did not disappoint. My family loved the owners and staff because they made us feel welcome. My family also loved the decor and the music. Whimsical and familiar at the same time. Last but not least, the food was great. My family opted to order from the fixed price menu (choice of appetizer and entree, and dessert for $25). This was a great deal and it made ordering easy. I had a bite of everyone's meal, and it was all very good. I highly recommend this place if you want to have fun and feel at home eating a great meal.Special Features:
- The following 539 reviews are from the IL Localino reviews archive.
- Will be back!!Perez123Dined on 6/28/2014Phenomenal restaurant! The service was some of the best I've ever had - felt very authentic and the gnocchi was even better than some I've had in Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceGTfan319Dined on 6/27/2014My family and I celebrated our two sons college graduation at Il Localino. We had a group of 10 and were accomodated very nicely. The service was very sepcial. The food is the best Italian I have ever had. This is our second visit to Il Localino and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in AtlantaDougbwVIPDined on 6/23/2014Il Localino is one of the best restaurants in Atlanta, and hands down the best Italian in the city. The food, atmosphere, and service are all amazing. It's a place where you always feel like a VIP; from the owner taking your order, to the serving staff's attention to detail. It's really fun to take out of towners to Il Localino, because it's always a unique experience with amazing food. I will say that it is a little on the expensive side, but for the food, service, and everything else that is Il Localino it is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRWK13Dined on 6/22/2014Don't get downtown much anymore, but for over 15 years we've loved Il Localino. Another great dining experience. And thanks for the roses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Giovanni and his wife, Gail are terrific hosts. Always so welcoming and especially accommodating to my 4 year old daughter, Mary. Plus the food is the closest thing these NYC transplants have found to home in ATL..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!PattypVIPDined on 6/14/2014Love this restaurant. The owners are wonderful. It is the best italian food in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feeling specialsnerbelDined on 6/7/2014This place offers very attentive service. The staff ensures that your experience is as if you were part of the family. Very welcoming and friendly. Maybe better than family? :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy Great Food & Fun!UnderwhelmingVIPDined on 6/6/2014If you don't feel like friends of the family within the first 20 minutes of entering this establishment, then you've just got bad aura! Beyond the food being very good, rustic Italian comfort food - the ambience is incredible. Celebrated my birthday on my first visit & had so much fun I didn't want to leave. The food is of the highest quality & the service is without exception. Can't decide? They'll make you an appetizer sized portion of the entree. The double baked whole red snapper is to-die-for! Crispy on the outside, perfectly flakey on the inside. The osso bucco is melt in your mouth tender! But more than anything it's Giovanni & Gayle who treat each patron like a houseguest that makes the whole thing work spectacularly!Special Features:
- AlabamadaveDined on 6/5/2014This is about our fifth time to eat at Localino over the last 12 years. We are from out of town. But each time we are glad we went back. The food is outstanding and service is what you would expect at a top line restaurant.Special Features:
- Fun, but souredOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2014The late-night atmosphere at IL Localino is great fun, with patrons wearing crazy hats and dancing at tables to disco music. The food reflects the family-style Italian cooking the restaurant promotes. The evening was enjoyed by everyone, until the bill arrived. The tab seemed extremely large for what our group ordered, and the receipt was illegibly hand written with printed copies apparently not available. Rather than fight it, we paid and left feeling it was particularly expensive and our mood had been soured by the departure. Following this I was told by others that the restaurant has a reputation for sneaking a few extra items onto the tab. So, while worth a visit best be prepared to check the bill thoroughly.Special Features:
- A special night!nycgirlVIPDined on 5/30/2014We loved everything about our experience! The food was as beautiful as it was delicious ... The Whole Snapper was amazing! The music was fun and lively and we just loved the whole vibe! We will return as soon as possibleSpecial Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 5/22/2014Service was good, and the food was fine, though the wine list seemed way overpriced. The issue -- and maybe we are squares -- is that the music, a combination of ABBA, Donna Summers and similar songs, was way too loud and distracted from the meal. Accordingly, I cannot recommend this restaurant.
- Exceeds ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Always such a great time, great food, great people and great music. As Giovanni would say, "Unbelievable!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianDunwoodydinerVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a fabulous early dinner before a show at Horizon. Our party of 4 couldn't have been more pleased. Great Service, even better food! The owner was extremely personable, friendly and a gracious host. Veal shank was one of the best ever!! We will definitively return.Special Features: