15 Kings Highway
Orangeburg, NY 10962Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.il-fresco.com/
- Phone: 8453980200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Garritano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: This restored 1728 historic farmhouse, adorned with candles and warmed by antique fireplaces, is home to several quaint rooms serving freshly prepared Italian fare. These rooms can be used either separately or in unison to host your event from 12 to 110 guests. Our stone Wine Cellar is open during those cold Northeast winter months near one of our fireplaces. During the summer, our Meadowlace Terrace opens to allow our guests to enjoy the good life under the sun, the moon and the stars. Since our inception in March of 2001, we have prided ourselves in creating food that is fresh, always giving great care in the selection of ingredients used to prepare these items. We are available to cater your next special event, day or evening, intimate or large. My family and I welcome all those that wish to dine in what we consider our home.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Garritano 8453980200
A word from Il Fresco
Constructed in 1728 and beautifully restored, this quaint Hudson Valley farmhouse is family owned and operated. Located just 30 minutes from Manhattan and moments from Bergen County and Westchester, this historic Rockland County restaurant is home to freshly prepared Italian fare. The space boasts six intimate candlelit dining areas as well as serene seasonal outdoor dining. The Sage, Savory, Sassafras and Saffron Rooms are all unique in their own way. The antique stone Wine Cellar is perfect for a romantic dining experience near one of our fireplaces. Il Fresco's menu is all prepared fresh when ordered. The wine list features Italian and American selections carefully selected to reflect the wide range of flavors offered from its kitchen. The Sorrel Bar is a festive dining space where you can get a firsthand look at our bartenders preparing one of the fifty-two 10 ounce Martinis we have become well known for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Fresco - Best Restaurants in Orangeburg ›
Il Fresco reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (68)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (26)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND FOOD EVERYTIME... NEVER DISAPPOINTS.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Service and food was outstanding. They were on top of everything but at the same time not over doing it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening at Il Fresco. Service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/15/2014On the Noise Level why do you say Energetic and not "loud"?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014Good food with a nice presentation. Wait staff could be more attentive. They did not refill our water glasses during the entire meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great martini's... great food... very polite staff... outstanding decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBartDined on 10/3/2014I took my wife there for her birthday, since il Fresco is her favorite restaurant. They did not disappoint us... the food and the service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- YOU JUST CAN'T LOSEproducerVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'VE BEEN FREQUENTING IL FRESCO FOR YEARS AND YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG. GREAT STAFF WITH A HANDS ON APPROACH FROM THE OWNERS. A DIVERSE MENU THAT IT IS SOMETIMES DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE FROM THE WONDERFUL CHOICES. I HAVE NEVER BEEN CRAZY ABOUT RED/TOMATO SAUCE TILL I FOUND IL FRESCO. THEIRS IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ANY THAT I HAVE EVER HAD AND I ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING IT. THEIR CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PARMIGIANA ARE SECOND TO NONE. YOU MAY SAY THAT SOUNDS ORDINARY BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THEY MAKE THE ORDINARY EXTRAORDINARY. GO AND ENJOY.Special Features:
- WorthwhileLokinVIPDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I went to Il Fresco upon a friend's recommendation. The food is outstanding,notable wine list and endless cocktails. The ambiance is rustic , candlelit and charming. However,we found the staff to be unfriendly and seemed overwhelmed with work. (It was a Monday but full house) From the hostess to the bartender, it was business only-no engaging in small talk and no suggestions on what to select being our first time dining there. We felt like we were a nuisance to all. I would give it the benefit of the doubt and one more try as the food and ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- restaurant reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014very nice restaurant- nice atmosphere and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best bolognese sauces i've ever had. Extensive martini drink list which would take lots of visits to sample them all. The waiter was excellent and very friendly. Dining is cozy but wasn't really a huge issue. That can be expected from a revolutionary era building which is really cool in its own right to see the history if you're into that. I'll definitely be returning again and would recommend that to anyone. Just make a reservation as space is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoBirthdaygirlDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant is in an old farmhouse and that gives it an extra special feeling. The food is excellent, flavorful and perfectly prepared. Wine list is extensive. The room we were in became quite noisy when it filled up which did not enable us to comfortably continue conversation. Also, we had my elderly mom with us and it was quite difficult to get her in and out of the restaurant. There is no handicap ramp. Additionally, the rest room is up a flight of stairs. Overall this is a lovely restaurant perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- il FrescoPhylDined on 9/17/2014This is our "go to" Italian restaurant for special occasions... and a good martini!!!Special Features:
- My favoriteMojoDined on 9/12/2014Best possible dining experience in Rockland County!Special Features:
- A Gem!!ScottDined on 9/12/2014This Italian restaurant is a gem, that I never knew existed until a friend of mine told me about it. The food is superb and the staff is friendly and make you feel at home. But the best is there food. My wife and I have been here three times now and they are spot on every time. No matter what we have ordered, it was all excellent and prepared properly. Do not hesitate to go and enjoy the place. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!kmrr08Dined on 9/11/2014the service was wonderful! there was an extensive, fun, reasonably priced drink menu. the food had great taste. the only complaint is the entrees only came with meat, no sides. I got chicken parm. there was no pasta included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great timeRacheDined on 9/10/2014Never disappointed when I go to Il Fresco. The Il Fresco Sundae was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Bestmm29Dined on 9/9/2014Will be my favorite restaurant for life Bar NONE.Atmosphere is incredible beside the great food.ALWAYS on the $$$Special Features:
- Great neighborhood Italian restBeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014Tasty menu and specials with large martini selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.RocklandGourmetDined on 9/6/2014Il Fresco never disappoints and Ben is a gem of a server and mixes a mean martini.Special Features:
- Good foodCocoRulesDined on 9/5/2014Had the halibut. Good puttanesca sauce. Can't wait to try their pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014An outstanding dining experience all around, food, service and location My only concern is that it might become too popular and a reservation might be difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and warmDine14Dined on 8/28/2014The food is wonderful and the atmosphere unique. Interior is unique and offers a variety of settings.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/27/2014We have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. The portions are more than adequate, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We love dining in one of the oldest houses in the county and are happy to see its character maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Elegant yet comfortable restaurant comprised of several themed rooms which gives the incredible feeling that you are are guest for a special occasion at a friends home. We were greeted warmly by our waiter who frequently visited our table to check on our needs. The menu is extensive as well as the drink selection and specials. My husband and his cousin enjoyed the chicken fiorentina and his wife and I had the veal chop and veal saltimbocca. Portions are generous and everything was cooked to perfection. We finished our meal with Italian cheesecake, cannoli, and amaretti tartufo and didn't waste a bite! We are looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first time here ...MikeKDined on 8/22/2014I've been here to eat many times and the food and service is always excellent. Def a must try if you live in the area.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerEnjoyableDined on 8/21/2014I went here for my birthday dinner with my family. The bartender had made this amazing Cucumber/Basil Infused Vodka with Elderberry ( I think)...it was FABULOUS!! Then we got to our table and the service was great. Waiter was attentive. The food was very good as well. I had Chicken, my husband had veal and my daughter and mom had pork. All the meats were cooked very nicely. For dessert, we had the Big Italian Sundae with the Gelato, Caramel, Nutella and Cracker Jacks! It was Delicious!! Before the dessert came, they brought me a gelato dish with the words "Happy Birthday" written on the plate. It was so very nice of them. I would go back here again for sure!Special Features:
- Il Fresco Does Not DisappointStrategiesVIPDined on 8/20/2014Returning to this wonderful restaurant, we liked it even more than on the first visit. A great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trust MEHammerHeadDined on 8/20/2014No other choice in Rockland. This place Kills it. Food A+ Service A+ Atmosphere/Ambience A++Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner here and had a wonderful time. Great food and strong drinks. We sat outside and the night was perfect, not to hot or cold. It took awhile to get asked for desert and the check but we weren't in a rush so we just sat and talked and enjoyed each other's company. Cappuccinos are super. My girl wanted a hot chocolate that wasn't on the menu and they made her one anyway. Very accommodating. Our waiter was bashed in other reviews and loud and obnoxious but he was wonderful and took good care of us. He likes his job, leave him alone. He showed great personal interest. I highly recommend this place for a special occasion or just a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Six of us came for dinner to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday. Our server was welcoming and helpful when we had questions about the menu. I work as a server in a fine dining restaurant, so I'm sensitive to service when I go out. We noticed that our water never got more than halfway empty before they were refilled, which does not happen often. The busser/backwaiter was always present and attentive. I only wish that the server had introduced himself and the busser so we could thank them by name! The food was delicious and the portions were huge! My sister ordered the domenica for dessert and loved it. The farmhouse setting is comfortable and picturesque, and the outdoor seating looked beautiful. Overall definitely would return!Special Features:
- Do not miss this restaurant!HappywheneatingwellDined on 8/15/2014Having been to this restaurant many times, we are never disappointed and always ask ourselves, "why don't we come here even more often?" The ambience is a romantic delight, low-lit, old farmhouse beams above us. try the Shrimp Parmesan, the Veal Chop Mario is out of this world and The pastas taste like they were made on the Amalfi Coast. Wine by the glass is high quality and the martinis are creative and do the trick! The wait staff knows us and we feel like they are genuinely happy to see us when we arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has always been great for menotformeDined on 8/13/2014Have been going there for years and food always excellent, portions good, service good although sometimes funny. Just a nice place to go to. When busy, it gets a little hectic and can talk longer than you would like to get your food. Would recommend for couples, especially the grotto downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.RocklandGourmetDined on 8/9/2014Dining in the garden is delightful on a Summer evening. The food is always good and the Martinis are world class.Special Features:
- GREAT SPECIAL EVENINGsrcmmDined on 8/9/2014MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES AND ARE NEVER DISAPOINTED. THIS IS OUR SPECIAL OCCASION SPOT. 65TH BIRTHDAY, MOST ANNIVERSARIES. CELBRATORY DINNERS. THE PLACE IS QUIET AND ROMANTIC, YET IT'S FRIENDLY AND NOT PRETENSIOUS. THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD, ALWAYS FRESH, PREPARED PERFECTLY AND PRESENTED IN A PROFESSIONAL YET FRIENDLY MANNER. IT NO DOUBT OUR FAVORITE PLACE IN ROCKLAND. WE WILL BE BACKSpecial Features:
- ronaldb50Dined on 8/7/2014This one is a gem. The ambience, service and food were all excellent. We started off at the bar. Our bar tender was also our waiter. He was the best. He made my wife one of their special martinis. Hard choice, as there are so many great choices. That night, they had infused hand-made votka. When our friends came in we went to our table. All choices we made were excellent. We started out with calamari and an order of the tomato with mozzarella. We had the house made Italian dressing on our salads. Tasty. I ordered the farfalle with votka sauce and added grilled chicken. Best I have had. For dessert our table split homemade gelato with a coffee sauce and homemade cannoli. Just everything perfect.Special Features:
- Great date spot!LuvmyhubbyDined on 8/4/2014I came for a business lunch and thought, "My husband and I should come here on a date!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewCityFourDined on 8/3/2014Terrific food --all appetizers and dinners were superb. Noise was a bit loud because there was a large table in our room and the diners were boisterous and unaware that there were other diners in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointed, greatDianeZDined on 7/31/2014the food, staff and ambiance are to be commended. Always recommend to friends, and love to bring people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a birthday!DbozDined on 7/30/2014We very much enjoyed celebrating my husband's birthday last Wednesday. We ate inside in deference to an elder in out group..and found a table waiting for us which was very comfortable. We ordered specials from the fabulous menu, and they lived up to our expectations. Service was efficient and timely..although we had to ask for a forgotten side several times...we would definitely recommend this local family treasure for school aged children and above....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.