15 Kings Highway
Orangeburg, NY 10962Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.il-fresco.com/
- Phone: (845) 398-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Garritano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: This restored 1728 historic farmhouse, adorned with candles and warmed by antique fireplaces, is home to several quaint rooms serving freshly prepared Italian fare. These rooms can be used either separately or in unison to host your event from 12 to 110 guests. Our stone Wine Cellar is open during those cold Northeast winter months near one of our fireplaces. During the summer, our Meadowlace Terrace opens to allow our guests to enjoy the good life under the sun, the moon and the stars. Since our inception in March of 2001, we have prided ourselves in creating food that is fresh, always giving great care in the selection of ingredients used to prepare these items. We are available to cater your next special event, day or evening, intimate or large. My family and I welcome all those that wish to dine in what we consider our home.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Garritano 8453980200
A word from Il Fresco
Constructed in 1728 and beautifully restored, this quaint Hudson Valley farmhouse is family owned and operated. Located just 30 minutes from Manhattan and moments from Bergen County and Westchester, this historic Rockland County restaurant is home to freshly prepared Italian fare. The space boasts six intimate candlelit dining areas as well as serene seasonal outdoor dining. The Sage, Savory, Sassafras and Saffron Rooms are all unique in their own way. The antique stone Wine Cellar is perfect for a romantic dining experience near one of our fireplaces. Il Fresco's menu is all prepared fresh when ordered. The wine list features Italian and American selections carefully selected to reflect the wide range of flavors offered from its kitchen. The Sorrel Bar is a festive dining space where you can get a firsthand look at our bartenders preparing one of the fifty-two 10 ounce Martinis we have become well known for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Fresco - Best Restaurants in Orangeburg ›
Il Fresco reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (87)neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (36)good for groups (32)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Romantic eveningmichelleDined on 11/19/2014Went there for our anniversary. The restaurant called in advance to confirm our reservation and to ask if we would like to sit by the fireplace in the wine cellar. We had never been there before so I said "sure". How romantic. It was so cozy and lit with candles. I loved it. Our waiter was wonderful- knowledgeable and very friendly. Food was very good and they even brought us some complimentary champagne for our celebration. A very nice place for an intimate dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated..OverpricedlovetoeatoutbutnothereDined on 11/13/2014Despite the hype I received regarding this "Great" restaurant, I was very disappointed with the total experience. We were seated near a curtain which turned out was blocking the kitchen but not the waiter and cook chatter. Drinks were fine and wine selection also good. The food menu was overwhelming with a plethora of dishes to choose from. We sampled a few different appetizers and entrees to develop an understanding of the kitchen's competency. We also ordered a pasta Bolognese.. al dente (as advertised) and a tough sauce to make well. The pasta was overcooked and the sauce ordinary. The Branzino came boned but cold and the seafood stew rubbery. The staff misplaced the orders with the patrons and we had to wait for the third entrée after two were served. I would think that $20+ pastas and $ 40+ entrees would be prepared, presented, and served better. It would have also been nice if we were greeted with a hello when we arrived (with reservations) instead of just grabbing 3 menus walking use through 3 1/2 empty rooms to the table we finally received. I don't think I have ever been so brought down. The Saving Grace??? My company for dinner!!! :)
- Outstanding food, charming settingluvgoodfoodDined on 11/11/2014Walking around the house-type building from the parking lot to the front door, you see a vegetable and herb garden. Walking in--the gentle aroma for spices and herbs portends well. It was wonderful! One of the best restaurant meals I've had in Rockland. Thank goodness for restaurant week so we could try out this gem.Special Features:
- Highly recommendAgibberDined on 11/8/2014Very cozy with the most friendly knowledgable staff. Wine cellar seating is great for a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinneryammyDined on 11/8/2014Il Fresco is one of our favorite restaurants. Food, service, and atmosphere never disappoints. Looking forward to going back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- il frescofoodieDined on 11/7/2014We love this charming little backyard gem. Great food, Reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere. So romantic and the best Martini menu around.Special Features:
- Old world charmRacergirlDined on 11/6/2014Loved everything about this place! The farmhouse has so much charm and character. The food, service and atmosphere are second to none.Special Features:
- This place never disappoints...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/6/2014Our 3rd time here. The service is great, the food is great & the atmosphere is so cozy. I dined during the Hudson Valley restaurant week and had the bracciole over pasta. Not realizing it was red sauce, which I don't care for cause no one makes it like me lol…but it was amazing. Pasta cooked perfectly not to al dente but not soft, the bracciole was melt in my mouth &the red sauce was really really delicious. Our waiter let me taste 2 red wines before choosing which I wanted. My daughter has a peanut allergy but she can eat nutella so they made her a special dessert of nutella, strawberries & whipped cream. I really love this restaurant! I have to stop telling people about it because its getting hard to get saturday night reservations ;-)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The food is very good and always hot with excellent service. The martini menu is beyond belief and extensive. The atmosphere is cozy with fireplaces lit throughout in a charming, old home -- definitely worth it!Special Features:
- LOVED ITDankesVIPDined on 11/3/2014I took my entire office there to celebrate a great month as well as restaurant week. Everyone was thrilled with their meal. We will go back again for sure!Special Features:
- The BESTmm29Dined on 11/1/2014No words can describe this restaurant.The food and hospitality are tops,bar NONE…My favorite place of all time……..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLuciDined on 11/1/2014always enjoy the warm setting, great waitstaff and delicious food.Special Features:
- Dinner at il FrescoDonRicardoDined on 10/31/2014We are not new to this restaurant. Every time we go there we have a great experience. The service is top notch & friendly. The food is out of this world. I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014I took my daughter to Il Fresco recently to celebrate her birthday. I couldn't have picked better place for the occasion! The place was full despite it being Thursday night. It still felt private and cozy thanks to strategically placed tables in several smaller rooms, dimmed lights and many,any candles. The cocktail list is impressive; that's something you don't see often. I order "flirtini" , my daughter "bellinitini". Both delicious! As an appetizer we split eggplant topped with tomatoes and mozzarella. It melted in your mouths! As an entree my daughter ordered filet mignon with steamed vegetables and I chose veal scallopini topped with mushroom and vegetable medley. Both delicious! We ended our meal with chocolate mousse bomb! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambience and great food!Gourmetlover9Dined on 10/27/2014This is my second visit to Il Fresco, and both were for family birthday celebrations. I was particularly impressed with the attentive service especially to my granddaughters, ages 7 and 10. The food from the appetizers to the main courses and the desserts were excellent and we all had different dishes and they were all superb. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Restaurant in ...ADZ1VIPDined on 10/26/2014Rockland County. Lobster & shrimp fra diavolo was deliciously succulent; chicken parm scrumptious; awesome martini...We've been here a dozen times - coming from New City - and it is worth the trip every time....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND FOOD EVERYTIME... NEVER DISAPPOINTS.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Service and food was outstanding. They were on top of everything but at the same time not over doing it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening at Il Fresco. Service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/15/2014On the Noise Level why do you say Energetic and not "loud"?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014Good food with a nice presentation. Wait staff could be more attentive. They did not refill our water glasses during the entire meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great martini's... great food... very polite staff... outstanding decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBartDined on 10/3/2014I took my wife there for her birthday, since il Fresco is her favorite restaurant. They did not disappoint us... the food and the service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- YOU JUST CAN'T LOSEproducerVIPDined on 9/30/2014I'VE BEEN FREQUENTING IL FRESCO FOR YEARS AND YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG. GREAT STAFF WITH A HANDS ON APPROACH FROM THE OWNERS. A DIVERSE MENU THAT IT IS SOMETIMES DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE FROM THE WONDERFUL CHOICES. I HAVE NEVER BEEN CRAZY ABOUT RED/TOMATO SAUCE TILL I FOUND IL FRESCO. THEIRS IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE ANY THAT I HAVE EVER HAD AND I ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING IT. THEIR CHICKEN AND SHRIMP PARMIGIANA ARE SECOND TO NONE. YOU MAY SAY THAT SOUNDS ORDINARY BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THEY MAKE THE ORDINARY EXTRAORDINARY. GO AND ENJOY.Special Features:
- WorthwhileLokinVIPDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I went to Il Fresco upon a friend's recommendation. The food is outstanding,notable wine list and endless cocktails. The ambiance is rustic , candlelit and charming. However,we found the staff to be unfriendly and seemed overwhelmed with work. (It was a Monday but full house) From the hostess to the bartender, it was business only-no engaging in small talk and no suggestions on what to select being our first time dining there. We felt like we were a nuisance to all. I would give it the benefit of the doubt and one more try as the food and ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- restaurant reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014very nice restaurant- nice atmosphere and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best bolognese sauces i've ever had. Extensive martini drink list which would take lots of visits to sample them all. The waiter was excellent and very friendly. Dining is cozy but wasn't really a huge issue. That can be expected from a revolutionary era building which is really cool in its own right to see the history if you're into that. I'll definitely be returning again and would recommend that to anyone. Just make a reservation as space is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoBirthdaygirlDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant is in an old farmhouse and that gives it an extra special feeling. The food is excellent, flavorful and perfectly prepared. Wine list is extensive. The room we were in became quite noisy when it filled up which did not enable us to comfortably continue conversation. Also, we had my elderly mom with us and it was quite difficult to get her in and out of the restaurant. There is no handicap ramp. Additionally, the rest room is up a flight of stairs. Overall this is a lovely restaurant perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:
- il FrescoPhylDined on 9/17/2014This is our "go to" Italian restaurant for special occasions... and a good martini!!!Special Features:
- My favoriteMojoDined on 9/12/2014Best possible dining experience in Rockland County!Special Features:
- A Gem!!ScottDined on 9/12/2014This Italian restaurant is a gem, that I never knew existed until a friend of mine told me about it. The food is superb and the staff is friendly and make you feel at home. But the best is there food. My wife and I have been here three times now and they are spot on every time. No matter what we have ordered, it was all excellent and prepared properly. Do not hesitate to go and enjoy the place. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!kmrr08Dined on 9/11/2014the service was wonderful! there was an extensive, fun, reasonably priced drink menu. the food had great taste. the only complaint is the entrees only came with meat, no sides. I got chicken parm. there was no pasta included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great timeRacheDined on 9/10/2014Never disappointed when I go to Il Fresco. The Il Fresco Sundae was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Bestmm29Dined on 9/9/2014Will be my favorite restaurant for life Bar NONE.Atmosphere is incredible beside the great food.ALWAYS on the $$$Special Features:
- Great neighborhood Italian restBeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014Tasty menu and specials with large martini selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.RocklandGourmetDined on 9/6/2014Il Fresco never disappoints and Ben is a gem of a server and mixes a mean martini.Special Features:
- Good foodCocoRulesDined on 9/5/2014Had the halibut. Good puttanesca sauce. Can't wait to try their pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014An outstanding dining experience all around, food, service and location My only concern is that it might become too popular and a reservation might be difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and warmDine14Dined on 8/28/2014The food is wonderful and the atmosphere unique. Interior is unique and offers a variety of settings.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/27/2014We have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. The portions are more than adequate, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We love dining in one of the oldest houses in the county and are happy to see its character maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.