15 Kings Highway
Orangeburg, NY 10962Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.il-fresco.com/
- Phone: 8453980200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Garritano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: This restored 1728 historic farmhouse, adorned with candles and warmed by antique fireplaces, is home to several quaint rooms serving freshly prepared Italian fare. These rooms can be used either separately or in unison to host your event from 12 to 110 guests. Our stone Wine Cellar is open during those cold Northeast winter months near one of our fireplaces. During the summer, our Meadowlace Terrace opens to allow our guests to enjoy the good life under the sun, the moon and the stars. Since our inception in March of 2001, we have prided ourselves in creating food that is fresh, always giving great care in the selection of ingredients used to prepare these items. We are available to cater your next special event, day or evening, intimate or large. My family and I welcome all those that wish to dine in what we consider our home.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Garritano 8453980200
A word from Il Fresco
Constructed in 1728 and beautifully restored, this quaint Hudson Valley farmhouse is family owned and operated. Located just 30 minutes from Manhattan and moments from Bergen County and Westchester, this historic Rockland County restaurant is home to freshly prepared Italian fare. The space boasts six intimate candlelit dining areas as well as serene seasonal outdoor dining. The Sage, Savory, Sassafras and Saffron Rooms are all unique in their own way. The antique stone Wine Cellar is perfect for a romantic dining experience near one of our fireplaces. Il Fresco's menu is all prepared fresh when ordered. The wine list features Italian and American selections carefully selected to reflect the wide range of flavors offered from its kitchen. The Sorrel Bar is a festive dining space where you can get a firsthand look at our bartenders preparing one of the fifty-two 10 ounce Martinis we have become well known for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Fresco - Best Restaurants in Orangeburg ›
Il Fresco reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (67)special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (27)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- il FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014This is our "go to" Italian restaurant for special occasions... and a good martini!!!Special Features:
- My favoriteMojoDined on 9/12/2014Best possible dining experience in Rockland County!Special Features:
- A Gem!!ScottDined on 9/12/2014This Italian restaurant is a gem, that I never knew existed until a friend of mine told me about it. The food is superb and the staff is friendly and make you feel at home. But the best is there food. My wife and I have been here three times now and they are spot on every time. No matter what we have ordered, it was all excellent and prepared properly. Do not hesitate to go and enjoy the place. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!kmrr08Dined on 9/11/2014the service was wonderful! there was an extensive, fun, reasonably priced drink menu. the food had great taste. the only complaint is the entrees only came with meat, no sides. I got chicken parm. there was no pasta included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great timeRacheDined on 9/10/2014Never disappointed when I go to Il Fresco. The Il Fresco Sundae was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE Bestmm29Dined on 9/9/2014Will be my favorite restaurant for life Bar NONE.Atmosphere is incredible beside the great food.ALWAYS on the $$$Special Features:
- Great neighborhood Italian restBeachgirlDined on 9/6/2014Tasty menu and specials with large martini selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.RocklandGourmetDined on 9/6/2014Il Fresco never disappoints and Ben is a gem of a server and mixes a mean martini.Special Features:
- Good foodCocoRulesDined on 9/5/2014Had the halibut. Good puttanesca sauce. Can't wait to try their pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014An outstanding dining experience all around, food, service and location My only concern is that it might become too popular and a reservation might be difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and warmDine14Dined on 8/28/2014The food is wonderful and the atmosphere unique. Interior is unique and offers a variety of settings.Special Features:
- Delicious!luv2dineDined on 8/27/2014We have never been disappointed with either the food or the service. The portions are more than adequate, and the staff is friendly and accommodating. We love dining in one of the oldest houses in the county and are happy to see its character maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Elegant yet comfortable restaurant comprised of several themed rooms which gives the incredible feeling that you are are guest for a special occasion at a friends home. We were greeted warmly by our waiter who frequently visited our table to check on our needs. The menu is extensive as well as the drink selection and specials. My husband and his cousin enjoyed the chicken fiorentina and his wife and I had the veal chop and veal saltimbocca. Portions are generous and everything was cooked to perfection. We finished our meal with Italian cheesecake, cannoli, and amaretti tartufo and didn't waste a bite! We are looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first time here ...MikeKDined on 8/22/2014I've been here to eat many times and the food and service is always excellent. Def a must try if you live in the area.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerEnjoyableDined on 8/21/2014I went here for my birthday dinner with my family. The bartender had made this amazing Cucumber/Basil Infused Vodka with Elderberry ( I think)...it was FABULOUS!! Then we got to our table and the service was great. Waiter was attentive. The food was very good as well. I had Chicken, my husband had veal and my daughter and mom had pork. All the meats were cooked very nicely. For dessert, we had the Big Italian Sundae with the Gelato, Caramel, Nutella and Cracker Jacks! It was Delicious!! Before the dessert came, they brought me a gelato dish with the words "Happy Birthday" written on the plate. It was so very nice of them. I would go back here again for sure!Special Features:
- Il Fresco Does Not DisappointStrategiesVIPDined on 8/20/2014Returning to this wonderful restaurant, we liked it even more than on the first visit. A great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trust MEHammerHeadDined on 8/20/2014No other choice in Rockland. This place Kills it. Food A+ Service A+ Atmosphere/Ambience A++Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner here and had a wonderful time. Great food and strong drinks. We sat outside and the night was perfect, not to hot or cold. It took awhile to get asked for desert and the check but we weren't in a rush so we just sat and talked and enjoyed each other's company. Cappuccinos are super. My girl wanted a hot chocolate that wasn't on the menu and they made her one anyway. Very accommodating. Our waiter was bashed in other reviews and loud and obnoxious but he was wonderful and took good care of us. He likes his job, leave him alone. He showed great personal interest. I highly recommend this place for a special occasion or just a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Six of us came for dinner to celebrate my sister's 16th birthday. Our server was welcoming and helpful when we had questions about the menu. I work as a server in a fine dining restaurant, so I'm sensitive to service when I go out. We noticed that our water never got more than halfway empty before they were refilled, which does not happen often. The busser/backwaiter was always present and attentive. I only wish that the server had introduced himself and the busser so we could thank them by name! The food was delicious and the portions were huge! My sister ordered the domenica for dessert and loved it. The farmhouse setting is comfortable and picturesque, and the outdoor seating looked beautiful. Overall definitely would return!Special Features:
- Do not miss this restaurant!HappywheneatingwellDined on 8/15/2014Having been to this restaurant many times, we are never disappointed and always ask ourselves, "why don't we come here even more often?" The ambience is a romantic delight, low-lit, old farmhouse beams above us. try the Shrimp Parmesan, the Veal Chop Mario is out of this world and The pastas taste like they were made on the Amalfi Coast. Wine by the glass is high quality and the martinis are creative and do the trick! The wait staff knows us and we feel like they are genuinely happy to see us when we arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has always been great for menotformeDined on 8/13/2014Have been going there for years and food always excellent, portions good, service good although sometimes funny. Just a nice place to go to. When busy, it gets a little hectic and can talk longer than you would like to get your food. Would recommend for couples, especially the grotto downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.RocklandGourmetDined on 8/9/2014Dining in the garden is delightful on a Summer evening. The food is always good and the Martinis are world class.Special Features:
- GREAT SPECIAL EVENINGsrcmmDined on 8/9/2014MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES AND ARE NEVER DISAPOINTED. THIS IS OUR SPECIAL OCCASION SPOT. 65TH BIRTHDAY, MOST ANNIVERSARIES. CELBRATORY DINNERS. THE PLACE IS QUIET AND ROMANTIC, YET IT'S FRIENDLY AND NOT PRETENSIOUS. THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD, ALWAYS FRESH, PREPARED PERFECTLY AND PRESENTED IN A PROFESSIONAL YET FRIENDLY MANNER. IT NO DOUBT OUR FAVORITE PLACE IN ROCKLAND. WE WILL BE BACKSpecial Features:
- ronaldb50Dined on 8/7/2014This one is a gem. The ambience, service and food were all excellent. We started off at the bar. Our bar tender was also our waiter. He was the best. He made my wife one of their special martinis. Hard choice, as there are so many great choices. That night, they had infused hand-made votka. When our friends came in we went to our table. All choices we made were excellent. We started out with calamari and an order of the tomato with mozzarella. We had the house made Italian dressing on our salads. Tasty. I ordered the farfalle with votka sauce and added grilled chicken. Best I have had. For dessert our table split homemade gelato with a coffee sauce and homemade cannoli. Just everything perfect.Special Features:
- Great date spot!LuvmyhubbyDined on 8/4/2014I came for a business lunch and thought, "My husband and I should come here on a date!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewCityFourDined on 8/3/2014Terrific food --all appetizers and dinners were superb. Noise was a bit loud because there was a large table in our room and the diners were boisterous and unaware that there were other diners in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointed, greatDianeZDined on 7/31/2014the food, staff and ambiance are to be commended. Always recommend to friends, and love to bring people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a birthday!DbozDined on 7/30/2014We very much enjoyed celebrating my husband's birthday last Wednesday. We ate inside in deference to an elder in out group..and found a table waiting for us which was very comfortable. We ordered specials from the fabulous menu, and they lived up to our expectations. Service was efficient and timely..although we had to ask for a forgotten side several times...we would definitely recommend this local family treasure for school aged children and above....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Fresco a Top RestaurantStrategiesVIPDined on 7/27/2014Il Fresco offers a great Italian menu, top quality cooking with excellent presentation, and friendly and efficient service. We will return soon!Special Features:
- PLEASANT SURPRISEIZZYTHEGOURMANDDined on 7/25/2014My friend and his wife met my wife and me in Orangeburg to play golf...and we were looking for a local restaurant that would be a nice "19th hole" experience. Il Fresco satisfied all our needs and then some....unbelievable wine list, great service (waiter was a little sassy but we like that), perfectly prepared appetizers and entrees, and delicious dessert. The weather was nice so we ate Al Fresco which even made the evening better. Il Fresco is indeed a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FANTASTICNinaVIPDined on 7/12/2014You will not find better Halibut "Cosenza" anywhere. Wonderful family cared for atmosphere.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!RodisgirlDined on 7/12/2014This is mine and my husband's favorite restaurant! The food is always amazing. The service is exceptional. And the restaurant itself is so lovely!When we dine here we feel like we are being pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming & DeliciousRocklandinerDined on 7/7/2014We've been to this restaurant a number of times and have never been disappointed. The decor is charming and intimate, perfect for a romantic dinner or celebration. The menu offers many choices and the food is consistently delicious. It was my anniversary and the maître'd offered us glasses of champagne on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bestmm29Dined on 7/6/2014Can never say enough about this place.Will be our favorite for a lifetime…….Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLifeisgood19Dined on 6/29/2014Dinner was delicious... service was fast. Overall we enjoyed our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodKid64Dined on 6/27/2014Fantastic Italian cuisine. Pasta always done right. Veal very tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureSammy914Dined on 6/21/2014This has always been one of my mainstay favorites. No surprises, always consistently wonderful food, drink and service. Whether in winter, dining in the romantic wine cellar or in summer, dining al fresco on the patio, this charming, family owned, Revolutionary War farmhouse restaurant, never fails to please and impress one's guests. The menu varies with the seasons, the nightly specials are always a treat. The wine list is extensive, the martini list imaginative.Special Features:
- WonderfulWonderfulDined on 6/18/2014Had a great lunch with my family celebrating my parents 55th wedding anniversary and my son's achievements at school. I love this restaurant for it's food and ambiance. I want to return for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - fair serviceFussyfoodieDined on 6/15/2014Came here for Fathers Day. Not too busy. Major complaint my entree came out least 5 minutes after my husbands. I had a pasta dish where I asked them to replace the fresh mozzarella with grilled shrimp. Charged $10 for 4 small shrimp! This is not NYC. Way too much $. 4 separate servers/waiters confirmed my order. Seemed that special orders are not the norm here. Husband had the Veal Saltimboca. Not even a potato on the plate just veal and spinach. Had to ask for more water, bread, drink, coffee. Getting a drink from the bar took 10 minutes. Food was good but service is spotty and frustrating. Need to train staff better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jets2winJets2winDined on 6/15/2014Absolutely one of the best if not "the best" Italian Restaurants in this area ! We have brought and recommended many friends and they all have the same response Wow, Outstanding etc. !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.