Il Forno Ristorante
9350 NW 25th St
Doral, FL 33172Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Forno Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornousa.com/
- Phone: (305) 599-4178
- Hours of Operation:
Daily hours: Monday - Tuesday 12:00pm-10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday 12:00pm -11:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm-12:00am, Saturday 1:00pm-12:00am, Sunday 1:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Il Forno Ristorante
Praised as truly authentic classic Italian cuisine, Il Forno Ristorante's refined approach to Italian gastronomy features the finest local and imported ingredients. Indulge in dishes of our home made Pappardelle Pasta with Wild and Porcini Mushrooms or Grilled Veal Chop al Rosmarino to entice your appetite. Then revel in the simple, but rich flavor of the Chef’s signature entrée of Veal Ossobuco alla Milanesa and pair with a glass of wine from the outstanding wine selection. End with our seductive Mousse di Ciocolatto al Grand Marnier. The ambiance and atmosphere are enhanced by Il Forno's rustic, open kitchen with wood-burning oven, offering a warm and intimate setting for your dining experience. Whether you are enjoying a cocktail at our full service bar or dining al fresco on the terrazza or listening to live music in the dinning room, we are sure to make your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Il Forno Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Doral ›
Il Forno Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (18)romantic (18)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Doral Dining choiceBob305Dined on 11/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find a sophisticated "non chain" restaurant in Doral. The food was very good,service as well and we enjoyed the ambiance and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchiheartdbeachDined on 11/6/2014Il Forno is THE spot for a business lunch in Doral. The food and decor are high end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceivanVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our server was attentive to our needs and pleased to serve.Special Features:
- Never disappointedluvfoodDined on 10/12/2014It had been a few months since we had eaten at Il Forno, and again we were delighted with excellent service and scrumptious food. The swordfish in lemon caper sauce with the mashed sweet potatoes were delicious. And of course ending with the crepe filled with nutella, was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- N?aFrlixDined on 10/11/2014NnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnHhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggfgggggffffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceMercedesDined on 10/4/2014I was celebrating my birthday but none mentioned it. There was a note in my reservation. The food is very expensive and very small size of plates even for a kid...fettuccine Alfredo two spoons, five ravioli in a portion ????? My bill was more than 100 dollars for three people without drinks or appetizer. There are only few free parking spaces if you get early then valet parking is mandatory. I do not recommend this restaurant. Do not go for special occasions. You will be disappointed.
- Great time!LASTMETALROCKER1974Dined on 9/30/2014The most amazing Italian Cuisine!, awesome service!Special Features:
- The food was pretty good.PattyDined on 9/27/2014We sat outside on the patio which was screened in with AC. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Jazz in a Relaxed AmbiancedateheavenDined on 9/26/2014I drive all the way from South Beach to Doral every Friday to have dinner at Il Forno. Why Friday? Because Friday is the night when dinner tastes better as you listen to the soft jazz ballads and bossa novas of Manuel Valera's trio. Valera on alto sax, Felix Gomez on piano and Kai Sanchez on bass. The food is wonderful and the service is great, but when you add Valera's music the dinner night becomes superb. I highly recommend Il Forno, especially on Fridays.Special Features:
- BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014this gentleman was excellent! Whatever we wanted? We moved our table of 11 from inside to outside and was happy to rearrange.Special Features:
- GReat sevice and great foodivanVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Miami Spice menu was great, hard to choose from the variety offered.Special Features:
- Consistantly GoodDoralFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Lucky to have such a relaible place to bring guests or just to chill over a little lunch on the water.Special Features:
- Service has improved!JoseadanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Reading some of the service complaints, I still decided to try this restaurant and check if they had improved their service. Seems like Management is listening, They actually have improved their service. I went there for lunch. The valet attendant was jovial and welcoming, the hostess was very receptive, and the young server was attentive and professional. I really hope they keep up with good service so I can keep going back. Will give them five stars in the future if they keep service consistent. The ambience and decor are welcoming. Ah, and the food was delicious. I had the Pear Ravioli, and it was done just right. A treat to the palate. If you have been disappointed in their service, recommend you try it again.Special Features:
- Delicious Rissotogirlli13Dined on 8/21/2014I had been to this restaurant before and was very happy that they were participating in Miami Spice. In the past I've always ordered the Mushroom Rissoto which is absolutely AMAZING! this time around because I had the Miami Spice Menu I was not able to order but I had one of their specials and was not disappointed. Everything on the menu was delicious. I live in Doral so its very convenient to have such great restaurant minutes away.Special Features:
- elenDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time and the food and wine were outstandingSpecial Features:
- WOW! Great RestaurantEpicureanExplorerDined on 8/13/2014I was so delighted to finally visit and dine at this restaurant. Through Miami Spice, I took advantage of experiencing a great epicurean treat. My friend and I sat "outside" which was air-conditioned and could see the lake. The service was beyond good...it was GREAT! The blending of the flavors of each of the dishes we ordered was truly delicious. I will definitely re-visit this restaurant and highly recommend it to my fellow Doral friends and also, to all of my Miami friends.Special Features:
- Il fornoGeorgeVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food was very good. Service excellent . Only so much you can do with location but for Doral, great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food!!MariLoveDined on 8/3/2014Excelent quality, good price. We loved Portobello Mozzarella al Forno, Rigatoni “IL FORNO” and Spaghetti alla Carbonara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 10. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. We will visit again and again.Special Features:
- All InclusiveSeafoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014The experience was all imclusive from the reception to the desert. They have a well peice executive lunch as well as an extensive separate menu. The service was excelente in all aspects. It was another great experience at Il Forno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Il Forno Ristorante reviews archive.
- charoVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great food - Never fails to satisfy my friends - ask for the manager's wine list if you like fine wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italian food!LaloVIPDined on 7/18/2014This is a great place to enjoy excellent food in a lively and casually elegant environment. The live jazz music on a Friday night was the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014We were disappointed that they were out of the house Chianti and then, that they would not offer another Chianti choice at a comparable price.
- mabconVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great find. Good food great service. Surprise restaurant for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterBrasilVIPDined on 6/21/2014I tried again after a month of a bad experience, I had a good experience this time. The food was very good and the services good also. The issue with this restaurant is the waitress. This time a got a good one. No all waitress have been trained as equal and that make a difference in the services and your experience can be also different. Good luck with your servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceRRZPGDined on 6/15/2014Had a nice time, the attention was very good and so was the food, wine list has good moderately priced wines. Everyone in our party liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Everyone LOVEd and enjoyed each plate we ordered! Service was very good, sangria delicious and wine list very complete! Main entrees seemed a bit expensive, with the exception if the pastas which are well priced! I am glad to have gone and completely enjoyed the Italian delicious food, and would definitely recommend it !!!Special Features:
- The Best Kept SecretdateheavenDined on 6/13/2014I went mainly for the music by jazz saxophone star Manuel Valera and his trio, performing there every week on Thursdays and Fridays. But I was pleasantly surprised to find an excellent menu of great food choices that turned out delicious. The wine was also great. And the service was superb. So I will now happily become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScorpionDined on 6/7/2014Went for my wife's birthday, we had a great time and the service and the food were great. We did not have to wait and everyone was very pleasent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PositiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Good Services, excellent food , complimetary vallet, .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad SERVICESBrasilVIPDined on 5/16/2014Never come back, the food took over 1 hour and half to be ready at a the moment was uncooked. I have to fill my glass all the time after order an expensive bottle of wine. The only word that u remember is "I'm so sorry" but he did not care
- Delightedcbati01Dined on 5/10/2014I had seen the restaurant many times but never had a chance to visit. By luck, kind of a last minute thing, decided to celebrate Mother's Day here. What a delightful surprise! My husband and I have agreed that we have found another "regular" spot for us. Loved it! Everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Great GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I booked table from out of town when we arrived was nice to have valet parking first off and walked in and reserved table was waiting for us! Food was Amazing/ outstanding. We bought a bottle of White wine that was Great! Inside decor is very nice. Definitely a must try you won't be let down service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience - again...DrewVIPDined on 5/8/2014We have tried to like this restaurant for several years. The interior space is quite nice, jazz on some nights, plus a tropical outdoor patio that is romantic. What the establishment cannot get right is consistency with its food. On our last visit, we had very good Caesar salads, but our pasta course was not edible. The octopus was so over cooked it couldn't be cut a knife and fork. The wonder is how a cook can let a dastardly dish like this leave the kitchen. This may seem harsh, but we have experience other disappointments with the food that cannot be overlooked. Additionally, while the service is pleasant, they are not trained. You have to ask for everything, at times even a fork and then a knife, etc. one can do much better. Never againSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantPaisatruDined on 5/3/2014The best Italian restaurant in town, the food was really good and the wines outstandingSpecial Features:
- AUGI43Dined on 4/26/2014EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE. TRY OSSO BUCCO, IT;S FANTASTIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot, low key disrespectDannyDined on 4/25/2014The food was great, my girlfriend didn't like her food but I loved my food, I had the scallopine di pollo terra a mar and she had the gnocchi. I ordered a Hennessy on the rocks and it was sooo watered down, I didn't order another after for that reason and the waiter and busser kept looking at my girlfriends breasts and every time I'd catch them, they'd look away like nothing happened. Other than that, I'd go back but I'd tell my gf to wear a cardigan or something so they don't look so damn much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb mushroom risotto!KibiDined on 4/16/2014Love this restaurant....and is right in my neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch IdeaSeafoodVIPDined on 4/3/2014Excellent lunch specials with variety and complemented by great service.Special Features:
- FoodDom7Dined on 3/9/2014Food is always good - specials are too expensive and are always $39 regardless of what is being served. There should be some variation in prices on specials - some should be less than others.Special Features: