Il Forno Ristorante
9350 NW 25th St
Doral, FL 33172Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Forno Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornousa.com/
- Phone: 3055994178
- Hours of Operation:
Daily hours: Monday - Tuesday 12:00pm-10:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday 12:00pm -11:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm-12:00am, Saturday 1:00pm-12:00am, Sunday 1:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Il Forno Ristorante
Praised as truly authentic classic Italian cuisine, Il Forno Ristorante's refined approach to Italian gastronomy features the finest local and imported ingredients. Indulge in dishes of our home made Pappardelle Pasta with Wild and Porcini Mushrooms or Grilled Veal Chop al Rosmarino to entice your appetite. Then revel in the simple, but rich flavor of the Chef’s signature entrée of Veal Ossobuco alla Milanesa and pair with a glass of wine from the outstanding wine selection. End with our seductive Mousse di Ciocolatto al Grand Marnier. The ambiance and atmosphere are enhanced by Il Forno's rustic, open kitchen with wood-burning oven, offering a warm and intimate setting for your dining experience. Whether you are enjoying a cocktail at our full service bar or dining al fresco on the terrazza or listening to live music in the dinning room, we are sure to make your dining experience a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Forno Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (16)notable wine list (13)good for groups (13)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- GReat sevice and great foodivanVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Miami Spice menu was great, hard to choose from the variety offered.Special Features:
- Service has improved!JoseadanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Reading some of the service complaints, I still decided to try this restaurant and check if they had improved their service. Seems like Management is listening, They actually have improved their service. I went there for lunch. The valet attendant was jovial and welcoming, the hostess was very receptive, and the young server was attentive and professional. I really hope they keep up with good service so I can keep going back. Will give them five stars in the future if they keep service consistent. The ambience and decor are welcoming. Ah, and the food was delicious. I had the Pear Ravioli, and it was done just right. A treat to the palate. If you have been disappointed in their service, recommend you try it again.Special Features:
- Delicious Rissotogirlli13Dined on 8/21/2014I had been to this restaurant before and was very happy that they were participating in Miami Spice. In the past I've always ordered the Mushroom Rissoto which is absolutely AMAZING! this time around because I had the Miami Spice Menu I was not able to order but I had one of their specials and was not disappointed. Everything on the menu was delicious. I live in Doral so its very convenient to have such great restaurant minutes away.Special Features:
- elenDined on 8/16/2014We had a great time and the food and wine were outstandingSpecial Features:
- WOW! Great RestaurantEpicureanExplorerDined on 8/13/2014I was so delighted to finally visit and dine at this restaurant. Through Miami Spice, I took advantage of experiencing a great epicurean treat. My friend and I sat "outside" which was air-conditioned and could see the lake. The service was beyond good...it was GREAT! The blending of the flavors of each of the dishes we ordered was truly delicious. I will definitely re-visit this restaurant and highly recommend it to my fellow Doral friends and also, to all of my Miami friends.Special Features:
- Il fornoGeorgeDined on 8/11/2014Food was very good. Service excellent . Only so much you can do with location but for Doral, great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent food!!MariLoveDined on 8/3/2014Excelent quality, good price. We loved Portobello Mozzarella al Forno, Rigatoni “IL FORNO” and Spaghetti alla Carbonara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 10. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. We will visit again and again.Special Features:
- All InclusiveSeafoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014The experience was all imclusive from the reception to the desert. They have a well peice executive lunch as well as an extensive separate menu. The service was excelente in all aspects. It was another great experience at Il Forno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charoVIPDined on 7/25/2014Great food - Never fails to satisfy my friends - ask for the manager's wine list if you like fine wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent italian food!LaloDined on 7/18/2014This is a great place to enjoy excellent food in a lively and casually elegant environment. The live jazz music on a Friday night was the icing on the cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014We were disappointed that they were out of the house Chianti and then, that they would not offer another Chianti choice at a comparable price.
- mabconVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great find. Good food great service. Surprise restaurant for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterBrasilDined on 6/21/2014I tried again after a month of a bad experience, I had a good experience this time. The food was very good and the services good also. The issue with this restaurant is the waitress. This time a got a good one. No all waitress have been trained as equal and that make a difference in the services and your experience can be also different. Good luck with your servicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceRRZPGDined on 6/15/2014Had a nice time, the attention was very good and so was the food, wine list has good moderately priced wines. Everyone in our party liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Everyone LOVEd and enjoyed each plate we ordered! Service was very good, sangria delicious and wine list very complete! Main entrees seemed a bit expensive, with the exception if the pastas which are well priced! I am glad to have gone and completely enjoyed the Italian delicious food, and would definitely recommend it !!!Special Features:
- The Best Kept SecretdateheavenDined on 6/13/2014I went mainly for the music by jazz saxophone star Manuel Valera and his trio, performing there every week on Thursdays and Fridays. But I was pleasantly surprised to find an excellent menu of great food choices that turned out delicious. The wine was also great. And the service was superb. So I will now happily become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScorpionDined on 6/7/2014Went for my wife's birthday, we had a great time and the service and the food were great. We did not have to wait and everyone was very pleasent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Il Forno Ristorante reviews archive.
- PositiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Good Services, excellent food , complimetary vallet, .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad SERVICESBrasilDined on 5/16/2014Never come back, the food took over 1 hour and half to be ready at a the moment was uncooked. I have to fill my glass all the time after order an expensive bottle of wine. The only word that u remember is "I'm so sorry" but he did not care
- Delightedcbati01Dined on 5/10/2014I had seen the restaurant many times but never had a chance to visit. By luck, kind of a last minute thing, decided to celebrate Mother's Day here. What a delightful surprise! My husband and I have agreed that we have found another "regular" spot for us. Loved it! Everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Great GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I booked table from out of town when we arrived was nice to have valet parking first off and walked in and reserved table was waiting for us! Food was Amazing/ outstanding. We bought a bottle of White wine that was Great! Inside decor is very nice. Definitely a must try you won't be let down service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience - again...DrewVIPDined on 5/8/2014We have tried to like this restaurant for several years. The interior space is quite nice, jazz on some nights, plus a tropical outdoor patio that is romantic. What the establishment cannot get right is consistency with its food. On our last visit, we had very good Caesar salads, but our pasta course was not edible. The octopus was so over cooked it couldn't be cut a knife and fork. The wonder is how a cook can let a dastardly dish like this leave the kitchen. This may seem harsh, but we have experience other disappointments with the food that cannot be overlooked. Additionally, while the service is pleasant, they are not trained. You have to ask for everything, at times even a fork and then a knife, etc. one can do much better. Never againSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantPaisatruDined on 5/3/2014The best Italian restaurant in town, the food was really good and the wines outstandingSpecial Features:
- AUGI43Dined on 4/26/2014EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE. TRY OSSO BUCCO, IT;S FANTASTIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot, low key disrespectDannyDined on 4/25/2014The food was great, my girlfriend didn't like her food but I loved my food, I had the scallopine di pollo terra a mar and she had the gnocchi. I ordered a Hennessy on the rocks and it was sooo watered down, I didn't order another after for that reason and the waiter and busser kept looking at my girlfriends breasts and every time I'd catch them, they'd look away like nothing happened. Other than that, I'd go back but I'd tell my gf to wear a cardigan or something so they don't look so damn much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb mushroom risotto!KibiDined on 4/16/2014Love this restaurant....and is right in my neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch IdeaSeafoodVIPDined on 4/3/2014Excellent lunch specials with variety and complemented by great service.Special Features:
- FoodDom7Dined on 3/9/2014Food is always good - specials are too expensive and are always $39 regardless of what is being served. There should be some variation in prices on specials - some should be less than others.Special Features:
- ExcelentBrasilDined on 2/21/2014Great place to enjoya good dinner with a great services and excellent wine list. I was really impressed with the restaurant, including live music and valet parking. Make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I happen to go for Valentines day so I expected the service to not be all that great. it was ok service but the food was excellent. me and my boyfriend enjoyed our 3 year Annivesary there and defitenitly going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We picked this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2014We picked this restaurant while on vacation. We really did not know much about it. What a pleasant surprise. We just returned from Italy, yet felt we were back there once again. The food was that good! The waiter was pleasant and attentive. The atmosphere was impressive. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- No too reliable......Once reserved.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014To whom this may concern, Here is my two cents as to my opinions and why I came to the comments: a) made true reservations early Friday afternoon from five chairs initially the called and changed to six and finally when my family told me how many people where going to show up I fix the reservations to 8 people via the Net same way I made them originally. b) When I show up only a table all the way by the musicians inside is where only 6 of 8 could sit down Observation...Even this here is ridiculous cause had to erase all that really happened!Special Features:
- Another nice dinner.JamesBrownInMiamiVIPDined on 12/20/2013Great service and good food keep this place a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is beautifulReenieDined on 12/12/2013The ambiance is beautiful and my request for a round table for 7 was fulfilled. Service was very good but a little slow when it came to dessert. Food was very good especially the pumpkin ravioli and the veal dishes. The waiters sang happy birthday to the 2 in our party celebrating their birthdays. Water glasses were refilled several times, very attentive. Yes, I would recommend it even just for dining out on a given evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but Poor ServicechapinDined on 12/10/2013I usually will have business lunch with customers since it is very centric located in Doral. Food is very good and interior design of the main dining room is very classy. I would have wished they did a better job designing the outdoor terrace, plastic chairs and no wall decoration made it feel like a run down patio. Service has been poor on both occasions I have had lunch, most of the time our server just forgot about us.Special Features:
- Good but overpriced!love2dineVIPDined on 12/3/2013Found the food to be good- not excellent. And some of the dishes were overpriced.
- Great food!MelMedDined on 11/30/2013I consider this a fav of mine the food is great the wine is amazing and the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Needs AddressingalcapDined on 11/11/2013Went on a company dinner out , had a party of 9. The food was quite good buy the service considering the restaurant was quite empty was very slow. An hour in to service all we had on the table was flat bread and some drinks.Like I stated the food was good as were the desserts. Once these were served the waiter basically did a disappearing act .The Busboy was left to bring the bill and finish off the service. Attention to service needs to be adressed ;this was on a weekday, would hate to imagine a weekend service, quite dissapointing considering I had recommended this restaurant to co-workers.Special Features:
- enriques birthdaymartyVIPDined on 10/16/2013oh my god the place was awesome, the food was to die for..........every single item we tasted was incredible highly recommend it. and the staff was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.