Il Forno Caldo
9705 South Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Forno Caldo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornocaldobh.com/
- Phone: 3107770040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: we cater up to 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sohail Fatoorechi 3107770040
A word from Il Forno Caldo
Nestled in Beverly Hills, Il Forno Caldo invites you to come and experience traditional Italian food with an award winning wine list. As the recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of 2005, we have an extensive wine selection. There are many choices of salads, pastas, creative pizzas and mouthwatering entrees made from the freshest ingredients. We are perfect for a romantic date or family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Forno Caldo reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- toyboyDined on 9/20/2014It was YUMMY! The service was great! Order the Pink Pasta..it is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been having lunch and dinner at this restaurant for years. The food and the service are consistently goodSpecial Features:
- Great Meal & TimeAnigmaDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful meal at this tucked away restaurant on Little Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills. We went with friends and sat at a table tucked into a side room and felt like it was our own private place. Our waitress Celeste had a wonderful accent and a great sense of humor putting up with one of our group's stchiek. Don't confuse this with the other 'almost sounds the same' Italian restaurant. This one was a gem. Little and intimate with great food.Special Features:
- It's good for Dinner tooASCICGDined on 9/8/2014We eat at Il Forno a lot. Never disappoints. At lunch it's like a Tretoria and at dinner a Ristorante.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be returning soonHollyLAVIPDined on 8/31/2014We used to eat here all the time- but the service got so slow we stopped coming. Things were VERY different this time- an energetic young man met us and seated us- actually Chef Luigi was on the side walk out front when we arrived! Service was prompt, the waiter was kind enough to let my daughter try out a red wine before she ordered a glass. Chef Luigi came to our table and recited the specials, of which there were about 6! Food is as delicious as ever- my favorite is the Calamari salad- it is so large, it's enough for dinner. Thank you Il Forno Caldo for improving your service. We'll see you again soon.Special Features:
- Great everything!hthrob1Dined on 8/24/201410s all aacross the board! I loved the service, scenery, and food. Great for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- please place to eatnachosVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food was fantastic. The waiter was friendly and overall the place has a very nice feel.Special Features:
- classic italianbhdinerVIPDined on 8/8/2014The bruscetta is the best, great pastas and pizzas. ask for a table in the side room, they are quiet and privateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ServiceluvtoeatDined on 8/6/2014This was my first time being here and I am very satisfied. The service was great. The waitress was very lovely and pleasant. I had expired groupon from 2 years ago and was able to use the credit amount. They were very nice about it. The food was great also.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014Very good food and service. Delicioso! Freshly made tiramisu to die for!Special Features:
- GotroyDined on 7/22/2014Strongly recommended by friends. Have had dinner there twice now in last month and our experience has been beyond expectations. The host /owner greets you and sees to your satisfaction. The food is excellent and the service very good. Try the branzino, fresh and wonderfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BHfoodloverDined on 7/14/2014We are so happy we tried this restaurant due to dineLA restaurant week. We were thrilled. The food was excellent and the restaurant is adorable and quaint. The service was also excellent. Our server was able to handle all of the tables expertly. We will definitely come back. We are happy to discover this neighborhood restaurant for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotWine2DineVIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been here for dinner a number of times the food is always fresh and good. I think that they have a new chef as our specials were recited by him to every table of diners... The roasted beet salad was very good (chef's special) as was the pasta in pink sauce unfortunately the oven baked chicken with dates was clearly not a winner. when we told the waiter he said it's always good and they have never had a problem with it which is a problem! It might of been nice to apologize and offer us something else which didn't happen! The bread is good but not at $2 per small basket which would have been nice to be told lolI would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceGreviewVIPDined on 6/28/2014It took an hour and a half to get our order. Food was actually pretty good but the wait spoiled the evening
- love this placeShellyVIPDined on 6/19/2014FOOD INCREDIBLE and service awesome Staff so warm and highly recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- The following 235 reviews are from the Il Forno Caldo reviews archive.
- Excellent diningNormDined on 6/19/2014A small pleasant restaurant with well excellent cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciosoThoneDined on 5/17/2014Have you ever had the chef bring you the branzino before it was fileted? And it was succulently grilled to perfection. Homemade pappardele and meatballs to die for. And if you want the best seafood pasta around, try the frutti do made. The sauce is perfect creamy and just a bit spicy. Affogato for desert. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant by Rodeo DriveMelanieDined on 4/21/2014I don't like the local hoity toity restaurants in Beverly Hills, I prefer subdued with excellent food and excellent service. Il Forno Caldo is the perfect spot to meet up and share a glass of wine, a delicious meal and enjoy a private, charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent!. Romantic.Explorer4foodDined on 3/9/2014Food Excellent!. Romantic. Great for Lunch. Would go again. Penne Al Salmone Great!Special Features:
- DeliciousLAdiner1Dined on 3/5/2014The Ahi Tuna Mango salad beckoned us back to the restaurant for a second visit. The Santa Monica pizza sealed the deal for us to return again. Wonderful, cheerful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian in bhwestlamanDined on 3/5/2014Very good entrees and pasta. Salads ok but service is spotty. I got chicken with cognac sauce which was great. Only gripe is that it was served cold because waitress forgot about it. Great when reheated. Meatballs pommodaro was great. Highly recommended if you don't mind occasional slip in service.00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Restaurant with Great FoodmarkmannnxDined on 2/27/2014This is a great place. Reasonable prices, ample parking because it's in Beverly Hills right by the public parking area, great food. The restaurant is small but the service was great and the food was delicious. The bread served with the meal was a 10.Special Features:
- good food and servicewestlamanDined on 2/25/2014Always ask the waiter for recommendations and usually get goods ones in response. We had meatballs with original homemade pasta and sauce. Fantastic. Wife ordered a vegan pizza, the Santa Monica, and said it was good --- but it did not look interesting enough for me to even try it, since the meatballs were great. Also had caesar salad but it was only so-so. Limp romaine and not much punch in the dressing. However, the wine was great, bread great, and our server Jeff was a perfect mix of LA actor making ends meet in the wait-staff. We've all done it. This is my third time to restaurant and enjoyed all three by going in late-lunch to avoid any crowds. However, have not seen hint of a crowd there yet.Special Features:
- Pasta AgainBheaterVIPDined on 2/22/2014Agreat easy In easy out neighborhood restaurant.nothing outstanding however easy and good. very fair pricing for Beverly Hills and the portions are nice.. The salads are great since can order 1/2 portions... The specials are good . bread delicious and the service is good. Nice wine selection . the place is tiny so reservations are necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceLTGKDined on 2/21/2014Attentive waiter, cozy, & warm atmosphere. I had the cognac chicken (delicious) and my husband had sea bass... A very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Little Italy in Beverly HillsWine2DineVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great intimate dining spot in BH serving wonderful Italian food at great prices... A rare find Enjoy :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but mightyBheaterVIPDined on 2/16/2014Neighborhood little restaurant that serves you big, the place is tiny so space is limited? the service is friendly and helpful. the portions are large . 0h so good. stick with tradtional pastas salads pizza and you will never go wrong. the fresh bread is warm and delicious. the olive oil, and balsamic just add that finishing touch to great start.. You even can order 1/2 portion salads to start or for your own meal.. Just delightful.... we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I've never had caprese served with an avocado and olives before, and it's not customary to service cheese with a fish pasta.
- Cozy with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/11/2014We stumbled upon Il Forno Caldo when we saw a Groupon online. We went and had a fantastic meal. The service is casual but professional and the food was great. We referred our friends who now love this great gem.Special Features:
- Steady , reliable,reasonable priceCaroolVIPDined on 2/1/2014We have been coming here for years and it does not disappoint. Everyone really enjoyed their food ,the service was excellent ,the prices are reasonable- a very good neighborhood local food place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/28/2014The food was good but service not so great. Bus boy was better than waitress. They charge for extra bread and raised the prices.Special Features:
- The food was good, bus boyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2014The food was good, bus boy was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time there but neverjouretnuitDined on 1/27/2014Third time there but never again. Food and service were poor. The only positive comment to be made from this experience is that the bread was good and the moderately priced wine were a nice surprise.
- They were not very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2014They were not very attentive on filling up the water glasses.Special Features:
- Restaurant has indoor andFoodieDined on 1/19/2014Restaurant has indoor and outdoor dining. If you opt for outdoor eating there are heat lamps. However, if you sit inside close to the heat lamps, you may get a bit warm. The service and food were great. Our group had 1) nice portion for rack of lamb which was tender and moist 2) Penne Salmon which the sauce lemon buttery sauce was very tasty 3) Bake lasagna which my friend said was very tasty 4) I had the Penne Con Pollo. The pink sauce was very delicious but the chicken was a bit dry. Overall, I would definitely come back to try other dishes on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014We had our final dinner in LA, and it was a perfect choice. Very friendly staff and a nice ambiance. My husband ordered the special (veal shank) and it was outstanding. I ordered off the regular and my dinner was very good but not as 'to die for' like his.
- They charged us for breadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2014They charged us for bread and messed up the order and then the waitress argued about it with me. When they served the bread, which we were paying for it came with a missing piece -- are you kidding! At these prices you would expect bread to be given without an extra fee and especially be a fresh loaf!Special Features:
- Il Forno CaldomarcellinaDined on 1/14/2014Excellent food and wonderful service. Charming ambience and a lovely little jewel in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantEddieDined on 1/11/2014The food, ambiance and staff so wonderful ... Been several time and everything is soooo goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineRobertDined on 1/9/2014The food was amazing and the bruschetta different than I have ever had. Served like a pizza. Really good. I am not a Zinfandel drinker however I tried the Klinker Brick wine and it was amazing. Very good. Going to find it at Bevmo!Special Features: