Il Fornello- Oakville
203 North Service Road West
Oakville, ON L6M 3R2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Il Fornello- Oakville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornello.com/
- Phone: 9053385233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Thursday: 4:00 pm-10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm-10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: All il FORNELLO locations offer fixed price menus, recommended for larger parties of 15 people or more. Menus are priced between $23-$36 per person (plus taxes and gratuity), and may be modified to suit the preferences of your party. Our chefs can also create a customized menu for your group. Please contact your preferred il FORNELLO location directly to arrange your next group lunch or dinner.
A word from Il Fornello- Oakville
In Italy "pizza a legna" (wood-fired pizza) is available everywhere, but it wasn't until il FORNELLO opened their first Toronto restaurant and offered authentic, wood-fired oven baked, Neapolitan style, thin crust pizza that Torontonians were able to experience pizza the way it was meant to be enjoyed. Now there is an il FORNELLO, Italian kitchen and bar in seven neighbourhoods in the GTA (with more to come), still making the best pizza you have ever tasted and offering a delicious selection of authentic Italian antipasti, pastas, entrées and more in a welcoming environment inspired by the Italian table where you can relax, share and enjoy your meal with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornello- Oakville reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not happygoingelsewhereDined on 3/28/2014Service was very slow and the waiter didn't seem to know what had been ordered by each person. Not impressive.
- Il FornelloMazieDined on 3/22/2014I have found Il Fornello to be somewhat hit and miss but this past Saturday everyhing was spot on - I hope to go back and hopefully my experience will be just as good next time I goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a date night and everythingneedtodineDined on 3/14/2014Went on a date night and everything was perfect! Started with the margherita follwed with the amazing mushroom ravioli and hubby had the chicken parm!!! DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the burbsFrequentFlyerDined on 2/19/2014As a traveler on the road 100 nights a year, Il Fornello Oakville is my destination for dinner when I am in Oakville and the surrounding area. Great, friendly and competent service, consistently delicious meals, fabulous pizza, and a good selection of reasonably priced wines. My favourites include the Fichi Pizza and Penne Arrabiatta. Having visited four other Il Fornello locations, Oakville remains my favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service BUT ...JapokDined on 2/13/2014Tables are too close together that you can't have a decent conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice lunchdarealnicVIPDined on 2/7/2014On a cold winter day, I had a really nice soup and a light meal that was very tasty and satisfying. The service was great for a lunch hour rush, and I was in and out with some good conversation in an hour. I'd recommend it to folks who work out in that neck of the woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperieceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the dining atmosphere. The food was fresh and flavourful (pizza was prepared right in front of us), and the wine was good. We will most definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice SpotconoscitorediciboitaliDined on 2/1/2014We had Pizza, Pasta and Salmon. All the food was excellent as was the service and the prices are reasonable. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceMinnieDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant has become our favourite in Oakville. The food selection is always flavourful, their specials change regularly so there's always opportunities to try new things, and the attention to service, and friendliness of staff ensure tha you want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and serviceMF2014VIPDined on 1/23/2014Excellent Italian food - the pasta was fresh and the sauces were flavourful. The pizza and other dishes were well received. I usually go to the Il Fornello at Bayview Village which has a slightly different menu. I was hoping to get the Fettuccine Alfredo with homemade sausage but they didn't offer it on the menu. However, the waiter informed that would be willing to make it for me! The wait staff was also attentive and provided friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAnnaBDined on 1/19/2014Everything was wonderful. The food was on point. The only reason why I gave service a 4 star is because the waitress never offered a second glass of wine...I had to wait a while and get her attention.Special Features:
- Fine lunchPanacheDined on 1/15/2014As usual, the food and service were excellent. everyone ordered a different personal-sized pizza and we sampled each others' pizza. all were tasty. Good lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gem !BienvenueDined on 12/20/2013The aromatic, and very tasty, FORMAGGI .. a great start : from there the PENNE ARRABIATE became the decision for the majority ....but not for everyone ! The interesting, and very nicely presented, QUINOA SALAD, complimented in this case by an accompanying seasoned sausage, drew quite a few appreciative comments and a request for a 'small taste', which was hardly surprising ! The plate was intended for one .....alas! Finally, the parsley and salmon with goat cheese RAVIOLI stood the test of the most seasoned gourmand in the group: for presentation and herb accompaniments, this brought the widest, post-prandial smiles ! The accompanying REISLING POND was roundly appreciated and stood up very well to the solid array.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT IMPRESSEDBarbaraGDined on 12/11/2013We have been to Il Fornello several times and always enjoyed the food, ambience and service. This past time in early December was very upsetting as I look forward to my fettuccine carbonara, however, not good at all this time - very little sauce (dry) and just the all over flavour was not up to par. As this is the only dish I ever eat here I have alot to compare it to.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationCasualDinerDined on 12/7/2013Were given a table tucked up against the kitchen - crowded and busy with servers going by. Food was very good and not too big a portion. A little noisy which made it difficult for some of us mature folks to hear. Server was very consicious and asked us on several occasions whether we were happy?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Family Birthday NightJudesDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed our evening with great pizza and great service. Bruschetta was soggy but that is minor. We were celebrating a birthday and the staff have a lovely lava cake for us to share. Kind and thoughtful. Kids ate like troupers! Thanks to the staff.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in OakvilleabruzzogirlDined on 12/6/2013Il Fornello- Oakville has got to be the best restaurant in Oakville. It is truly a hidden gem in the neighborhod and it is our regular spot for dinner now. The food and service is exceptional! Please try the steak, better then the Keg! Warren is also the best server if you are lucky enough to get him!! Try this place you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Win, Win, Win,PanacheDined on 11/30/2013The food was excellent: arrived hot, portion sizes were just right, salads were fresh and crisp - good job! Service was also excellent: not rushed, we had the opportunity to chat; food was exactly as we ordered and arrived in a timely manner. The ambiance was very pleasant: the tables were not too crowded, the noise level was not so high that you couldn't carry on a conversation. Win, Win, Win: Food, Service, Ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2013Food is cooked fresh and tasty Very reasonable Haven't tried the pizzas yet but salads, pasta and meat were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Wood Oven PizzaOakvilleFoodieDined on 11/23/2013Shared a meal with my Wife and 10 YO. Nice ambiance with a full house on Saturday. We ordered the Smoked Trout Salad and a Ceasar Salad followed by two Wood Fired Pizzas (Margarita and Tartufo) and the house made Gnocchi. Pizzas were perfectly prepared with just the right amount of ingredients on a crisp crust. My son devoured his Gnocchi. Followed the mains with house made Pana Cota and Tiramisu, a perfect end to a great meal. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the $10.00 TuesdayYummytummyDined on 11/12/2013We love the $10.00 Tuesday Pizzas, Yummy. The pasta dishes are so tasty, So many wonderful dishes to choose from. The atmosphere is very relaxing, and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerFoodieDined on 11/11/2013This is our go to restaurant in the neighborhood. We love the food, and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favouritesPeteDined on 11/9/2013We are always very pleased with the food and service at this restaurant. We have to drive a bit of a distance to get there so it would be nice if there was one in Mississauga. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was fantastic. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013The meal was fantastic. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. They go out of their way to make your dining experience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in OakvilleabruzzogirlDined on 10/26/2013Il Fornello- Oakville never disappoints!!The food is always amazing and menu reflects current "in season" dishes. The staff are exteremely amazing- ESPECIALLY Warren! Most of the staff have been there for years which is always a good sign. If you want steak, I highly recommend getting it here- the KEG cannot beat the steak here! if you like lamb, the lamb shank is also truly to die for ( when it's available). I wish this would be a regular main course on the menu!Special Features:
- We're never disappointed here.GlennDined on 10/18/2013We're never disappointed here. Food is always excellent and service is always first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back !TillyDined on 10/12/2013The food and service were very good. We had been a few weeks ago as well and it is consistently good.Special Features:
- Delicious!DavidsmumVIPDined on 10/5/2013Enjoyed a lovely meal with friends. Restaurant was busy with a lively atmosphere I am glad we had a reservation as there was queue at the front waiting for tables. 2 of us had the featured smoked chicken risotto, perfection. One had the featured beef short rib with paparadelle: Tender meat and lots of it. Very tastyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive serviceEvelDined on 10/1/2013Thoughtful and careful. They mind your opinion and feelings, in every details. Warren is great.Special Features:
- Another Great Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2013Thanks to everyone at Il Fornello, Oakville for making our family dinner a great experience. All 3 generations enjoyed the amazing $10 pizza Tuesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Incredible Serviceleafh8rDined on 8/23/2013The food at Il Fornello was very good, authentic Italian. Grilled calamari was excellent, and the beef tenderloin was better than a lot of steak houses. Decor feels like a chain restaurant, and the volume was a bit loud if you are going for a romantic dinner, but our waiter was from Italy and regaled us with stories all night long. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013We had a wonderful meal. We chose to sit on the patio and that was a perfect choice. Service was excellent. We will definite go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2013I was in a party of 6, we each had something different and we all were so impressed. I had the veal picata and can't wait to go back and have it again. The service was outstanding also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My BirhtdayfrannyjoeDined on 8/3/2013I had never been to IL Fornello so we decided to try it for my birthday. The waiter we had was very friendly ,funny,and knew the menu well wish I could remember his name. I would ask for him by name. next time . The food was excellent good portions, We will be coming back again soon as we enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a lunch meeting and itbusinessluncherDined on 7/31/2013Had a lunch meeting and it was a perfect place to meet and chat. Wait staff was very patient as we talked business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Fornello is our "go to"necookpasDined on 7/30/2013Il Fornello is our "go to" place - we love it for after work when I don't want to cook (which is often!) and for meeting up with friends on the weekends. The atmosphere is conducive to heart-to-heart chats and for laughter! The service was a bit slown last time we were there, but seeing as it was $10 pizza night and everyone was ordering pizza, it is understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant - some suggestionsLove2dineoutDined on 7/17/2013Air conditioning was either not working or not large enough. Very very warm which did spoil our evening out. Food and service was very good. My twin sister and I were celebrating our birthdays which the staff was aware of and nothing was said or done to make it a memorable evening. Something as simple as a free dessert goes a long way especially if you would like to see your customers return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Air Summer PizzaTonyBDined on 7/13/2013We enjoyed a wonderful salad and pizza meal on the patio. The food, staff and ambience were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night outJhayDined on 6/28/2013Made reservation for 3, and got our table in 5 mins. Nice start! Food was pretty quick as well, tasty and good size dish. Manager was friendly to everyone and gave a good vibe to the place. Good experince and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very good meal. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2013We had a very good meal. The pizza is excellent, light and crisp!Special Features: