Il Fornaio - Seattle
600 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 2062640994x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday -
Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franz Junga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you can’t join us, Il Fornaio food will come to you!
Catering services include:
• Boxed Lunch – sandwich, salad, Italian cookie and drink packaged individually.
• Platters – pastries, sandwiches, salads or cookies. Perfect for any meeting held at Il Fornaio or your location.
• Ala Carte – We will accommodate any to go order from our regular menus.
• Delivery – Delivery available for catering orders with a $25 minimum (15 percent service charge applies).
A word from Il Fornaio - Seattle
In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio Seattle. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from an apple wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. Voted as Seattle Magazine's 2006 Reader's Choice for "BestContinued
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)good for groups (37)romantic (31)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Our daughter wanted to go here for a final dinner before heading off to college Waitress was there when we didn't want her, nowhere to be seen when we did. Food choices were less than I expected, and the food itself ranged from very good to ordinary We have eaten here perhaps 4 times before; tghis was by far the least enjoyable
- We were treated like royalty, but..PTFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The service at il Fornaio was exceptional. Most of the food was, as well, except for the fact that the lamb chops were unusually tough. The flavor was fine, but I had to struggle with the knife just to work it through the meat. I did not ask for it to be returned because we had been treated so well by the staff and the other food was excellent. We were seated at the "table of honor" for our 40th wedding anniversary and given a couple of pleasant extras, so I was hesitant to make a fuss. All in all, the experience was fine.Special Features:
- A nice visit to a familiar chainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy Il Fornaio in LA and San Diego, and Seattle was no different, except that the service was the best we've had. The menu is consistent chain-wide and we enjoyed the beet salad, minestrone and Tuscan chicken.Special Features:
- OK Italian Foodmanger123VIPDined on 8/16/2014There is an upstairs and a downstairs--I have eaten at both, most recently at the upstairs which is a bit more costly and definitely more pretentious. I was visiting from out of town and had run through the really good restaurants at Pike's Place, and wanted something a bit different. Our waiter's first question to us was "were we here for a special occasion?"--so I gather locals use this place for such. I can't fault what is basic good Italian food. I'd go back, especially with a big party, but Seattle has no shortage of excellent to exceptional restaurants that are priced the same as or even less than upstairs and without any pretention.Special Features:
- LindaFVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and very good+ food make for a wonderful combination. Although the restaurant is somewhat out-of-the-way on the first floor of a vertical mall at 600 Pine St., it is worth seeking out. Prices are reasonable (our comparison is NYC) and the menu lists some less expensive items as well. Ask about their special menu of a highlighted section of Italy -- we tried the Sardinian tasting menu and it was very good. Be sure to save some room for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the servicekaiteDined on 8/13/2014We had the most wonderful service. I was traveling with a handicapped older woman who needed assistance getting a cab back to her hotel. The Manager herself went out and hailed the cab for her. They were so kind. The service was wonderful, We will go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice restaurantALittleTasteDined on 8/8/2014This is a pleasant and quiet restaurant. Waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good, although the chicken was overcooked and somewhat dry. I feel the lunch menu is VERY overpriced. My lunch with tip and tax was $25 and I didnt order anthing extra (beverage was water). That is the amount I expect to pay for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flavorless foodcarlaguestsDined on 8/8/2014I ordered capellini de pomodoro and my guest ordered fettucini Bolognese. They were both blah, and kind of dry. Neither of us finished our lunch.Special Features:
- Pork Shank was excellent!MeiYDined on 8/6/2014I was ready for some meat after eating vegetarian for many days. Pork shank came to my mind and the food came within 15 minutes. The entire shank, looks like over one pound was in front of me, no way of knowing how to cut into it with simmering tomato sauce over it. I had the black and white summer dress I could not stain. Hmmm.... Bravely I stabbed at it and sliced the first piece, it was all raw and not done. I asked the waiter to send it back and recook, sliced up for me so I don't have to slice them. When it came back to me, it was perfect! It was all sliced to a good size, it was easier for me to eat. Besisdes, the plate was dressed with more broccolini and grains. The meat was tender as though it had been cooked for hours.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 8/3/2014Our party was attending a theater performance nearby. The service staff was friendly and responsive to our timeline. The seafood pasta was not as tasty as other entree selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment After Many Visitslookg4grtfoodDined on 8/2/2014We had been to Il Fornaio a number of times in the past and were always satisfied with the food and service. This is the main reason that we made a reservation for August 2nd. The service was fair. Our waiter took our drink order and we had to wait about 15 minutes to receive them. His appearances throughout the dinner were infrequent as well. Ordered the Calamari Fritti appetizer and had a few of the pieces undercooked. My wife ordered the Veal Scallopini which turned out to be a tougher, chewier piece of veal than we had ever encountered. I usually enjoy Seafood Linguine at many of the Italian restaurants we visit. This night both the shrimp and scallops were overcooked to a rubbery consistency that detracted from the entire dish.
- Not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I had 6 PM reservations as we had an 8 PM show to see and checked in at that time. Even though there were open tables we had to wait 10 minutes to be seated and groups without reservations who checked in before us were seated ahead of us. Kind of defeats the purpose of reservations. Food was just fair and I had the spinach salad and sockeye salmon special. The seared red onions in the salad overwhelmed the flavor of everything else in the salad and the salmon arrived just warm. Deserts were very good. With 2 drinks and tip the bill for two came to $150. I expect more for that price and will choose another venue my next time in Seattle.
- below average and can be much beterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Nice looking restaurant that can use some good chef advice and training. The food is not great and below expectations...
- Great food and wineSeattleeatersVIPDined on 7/20/2014I love the Festa Regionale menu the first two weeks of each month. This month the roasted pear ravioli was superb. I always get the tasting menu with the wine flight. Lately, however, I've found that the full portion of the main course makes for a very large meal and suggest that the restaurant cut back to a smaller plate as they do for the first two courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too busyeggsDined on 7/20/2014The hostess you'll forever too get us with no one else there. Food took a very long time to get too us and my pizza was cold. Lasagna just warm. I told the waitress and she had the pizza taken off the bill. But overall out was a nice place but if you are looking for a view or special ambiance, this is in a mall, which was hard to find. Food was good otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJlyoungDined on 7/20/2014Il Fornaio accommodated our last minute reservation. The ambiance was calm, and welcoming and the servers, cooks, and hostesses were extremely well-trained, were advocates for the food, had excellent customer service skills and seemed to truly enjoy their job and appreciate the menu. Timing of the meal and the quality of the food was amazing. Our group enjoyed a leisurely dinner and amazing conversation at this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!GAJPDined on 7/20/2014My family was tired and just looking for a good meal in downtown Seattle. We tried Tulio but they were booked with a large party and recommended Il Fornaio - we made the walk and were absolutely happy with the restaurant. We were treated well, the wine selection was great, and we had a great Italian meal for all four of us. We had kids (11 and 15) with us and were treated very well. Just a great experience - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Every one satisfied123cookDined on 7/19/2014Family came in from East Coast, Il Fornaio was a GREAT place to take them. There was something on the menu for every one's taste. All three generations enjoyed being able to hear each other talk. Yes we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014My husband ordered the chicken cannelloni. While it was tasty, there was hardly any chicken in it and it was totally drowning in much too much sauce. I have celiac disease and ordered gluten free pasta with vodka sauce, which was delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. The meal was good, but expensive for pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with friendsRickGDined on 7/18/2014My friends went here to have a good meal and reminisce. The wait staff was very attentive. Good food, excellent wine and quiet atmosphere. This is an excellent place to create some memories with friends and family.Special Features:
- Venato PromotionJanSDined on 7/16/2014We went because we love the Venato region of Italy having sent considerable time there. We found the menu for the promotion not very representative of the region. Menu was mostly sea food, not particularly well done. Among Secondi dishes these was one chicken dish, and sounded like it was perhaps from the the regular menu. The Heirloom Tomato salad that we started with was excellent. but again, it could have been on any menu in Seattle at this time of the year. Service was competent and pleasant. This is a restaurant we have enjoyed many times, and will certainly will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!RomanticCoupleDined on 7/11/2014As always, the service and the food were marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhfoshoDined on 7/3/2014Food was just okay, waitress did not seem to be very happy, and the place was empty. Worth looking around for a better option.
- Lovely decor, pricey wines!HappyHelenaDined on 6/22/2014I have eaten here many times, but not in the last several months or so, and WOW, something must have happened in the wine list department to render the cheapest bottle of Italian white $38! My dining companion from the Bay Area, who is used to high prices was indeed still awed by the prices on the wine list. I won't go there again, despite the obsequious service and decent food. $19 pasta and a $46 bottle of wine? Seems an odd way to run a restaurant. Well-located, and lovely decor, but not nice enough to have to gasp at the wine bill. There should always be an affordable bottle (I mean $25) on any wine list at a pasta restaurant, even one with pretensions like this one. It was nearly empty at dinnert on a Sunday nite, and I know why.Special Features:
- SeattleeatersVIPDined on 6/15/2014The Regionale menu was superb again. The special wines and menu items offered during the first two weeks of the month are always worth a visit. The heirloom tomato appetizer was incredibly delicious this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okGeneDined on 6/15/2014We noticed the restaurant was sparsely populated. I think they should validate parking as most merchants in Pacific Place do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed our experience here. The service was great, food was delicious and the ambience and décor were beautiful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always love this wonderful ppace.quattrochickDined on 6/14/2014We come here often and are never disappointed. The food is always amazing, creative, and ingredients fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service up until dessertMarkorenDined on 6/14/2014Ordered dessert and after 15 minutes the server asked if I recevied my order. I repled no and asked that it be cancelled. The dessert showed up 2 minutes later. The restaurant comped the coffere which was nice.
- Seattle groupOCdinerDined on 6/13/2014We were a party of 7 ranging from age 9 to 61. Il Fornaio was able to accommodate our group nicely. (They offer a kids menu, which is great for the younger ones.) The menu choices were plentiful and all tasted good. Desserts were a bit flat but the appetizers and entrees made up for that. The restaurant has a nice ambiance. Overall it was a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemodelswansuiteDined on 6/13/2014It's time for a remodel. Il Fornaio is simply not the flagship franchise restaurant that it once was. Upon opening, the space was opulent and classy, but there are now signs everywhere that the center is not holding. The food, at one time well above the standard fare has fallen behind, simply because the restaurant has refused to do a makeover. Same for the space. Everywhere you look, wood looks battered and beaten, aged and forgotten. The ceiling is a sight. For what they now are, the food is overpriced. With a little love and some capital, this could be a thriving restaurant again.
- Consistently GOOD!AFPaganoDined on 6/8/2014I have been to this restaurant more than a few times. It has become one of my favorite spots when in Seattle. Although a chain, which I usually avoid, this restaurant is not the norm. Their food quality is fresh and well prepared. The staff is friendly and helpful. I look forward to my travels to Seattle and Il Fornaio will always be on my dining list. Note: This is one of the very few restaurants that respond to reviews on open table. It shows their concern for quality and service Thank youSpecial Features:
- It was so so...AngelfromSeattleDined on 6/8/2014Some of the bread on the table was too hard to eat. The calamari was soggy, but I prefer a little crispy. The ceaserina had too much dressing. The entree portions were good, but the food wasn't that great. My husband got the runs until the next afternoon and he doesn't know what part caused it. I received a free birthday tiramisu which was nice. Our server was nice and recommended a good wine pairing. Overall the experience was so so...Special Features:
- Great lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2014Our lunch was very nice and the food was excellent. The prices were rather high for lunch but we enjoyed our food and the service was great. I would come again for lunch or dinner for a special occasion. I used our Open Table $20 certificate and that that worked fine.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Love the food!TheatreteacherDined on 6/7/2014Had a great meal and wonderful time. Menu is diverse, service attentive without being annoying, and prices are reasonable for the taste and size of the meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After MatineeJKH36Dined on 6/7/2014Dined early at 5PM after theater. Butternut squash ravioli and Zabaione all Gritti were keepers. Canneloni was good but not special. Manhattan was made to order and outstanding. Can't say enough good about waiter "Nicky". She was unusually knowledgeable about the menu and cuisine in general. Her service was perfect throughout the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food in pleasant ambianceJerrykDined on 6/6/2014Il Fornaio is a very beautiful restaurant especially for a mall location. The food was somewhat disappointing, OK but nothing special. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing returnLitiVIPDined on 6/6/2014Returned here for dinner after three years. Last visit was disappointing as was this. Was hoping for an improvement but no such luck. Was greeted by hostess who intoned the same "be right with you" without looking up as she had to the guests waiting in front of us. Was seated after a 10 minute wait even though we had reservations. Were served water right away but no waitress for a bit. After receiving menus ordered salads and an entree. Were directed to their regional menu but frankly was uninteresting. Salads arrived drowning in a very acidic dressing and large pieces of greens. Entrees arrived before we were done with salads so a little awkward on a small table. Entrees looked like canned pasta with sauce and tasted the same.Special Features:
- Good food,slow serviceRedhookerDined on 6/5/2014There were 4 of us & everyone liked their food. We barely made it to our play on time though due to slower service. Next time we'll plan for an extra half hour.
- A fine eveningmaryoDined on 6/5/2014Our food was good, server, Carlos was very good. Tables were too close together, I felt I could join in the conversation of the table next to us.Special Features: