Il Fornaio - Seattle
600 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (206) 264-0994
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday -
Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franz Junga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you can’t join us, Il Fornaio food will come to you!
Catering services include:
• Boxed Lunch – sandwich, salad, Italian cookie and drink packaged individually.
• Platters – pastries, sandwiches, salads or cookies. Perfect for any meeting held at Il Fornaio or your location.
• Ala Carte – We will accommodate any to go order from our regular menus.
• Delivery – Delivery available for catering orders with a $25 minimum (15 percent service charge applies).
A word from Il Fornaio - Seattle
In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio Seattle. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from an apple wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. Voted as Seattle Magazine's 2006 Reader's Choice for "BestContinued
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (51)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (33)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (22)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AnthonyDined on 11/18/2014Il Fornaio was a good restaurant to find - right in downtown with good authentic food. Upstairs dining room is better atmosphereSpecial Features:
- FoodfoodmmmDined on 11/7/2014It was a very nice night! Great food, service, and overall was really nice. The only downside that I experienced was how the restaurant seemed out of control... It was so loud that most of the night my GF and I had to be leaning across the table to hear each other. Oh and it seemed like we were really squished in there only a couple of feet between our table and tables on each side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is okay, but expensive.JadeddinerDined on 11/5/2014We went for a Thursday lunch. It was quiet. The place itself was nice, the service was impeccable. Nice bread with oil and vinegar to start. We both had pasta main dishes which were okay, but at nearly $20 each were very expensive for what they were. S, it was a fine enough experience, just costly for the value.
- great service, good foodladiesnightoutDined on 10/30/2014We went with a group of 7, everyone enjoyed their food, our waitress was excellent, including helping one diner with celiac, who needed a gluten free choice. We were never rushed, attended well, and left very bappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FlavorsDerekDined on 10/29/2014We tried Il Fornaio during Seattle Restaurant Week and will most definitely return! Flavors In the dishes were spectacular. Service was polite and super-friendly. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Il fornaioSteveDined on 10/27/2014Il Fornaio is one of my favorite restaurants: the food and service are always wonderful. Plus with the $30 Seattle Restaurant week special, plenty of food to take home for the next day as well. If you are looking for consistently outstanding food, this is your place. I highly recommend the butternut squash ravioli-superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet place for lunchactionDined on 10/27/2014It was easy to get in and out of the restaurant. Not crowded. The lunch food was good. I had salad with salmon.Special Features:
- Consistently NiceMarcDined on 10/25/2014We've eaten at Il Fornaio previously and find them consistent in their food quality and above average in the level of their service. Always a good choice.Special Features:
- SieglindeVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food was great .... had linguine with seafood & pasta bolognese. They took off their homemade spumoni which was a disappointment. We were seated immediately and by a window, which I had requested. The regular waitstaff assistant they have had since day one never fails to disappoint, always there anticipating needs without being obtrusive. The waiter however was basically no where to be seen, not a usual occurrence with their staff at this restaurant. It made for an overall unpleasant experience this particular evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experienceSMFoodie123Dined on 10/24/2014We went there after reviewing the online menu. To our surprise we were not able to find things on the menu that were listed online. We have been there in the past and it was good experience and we were ashamed to take our extended family there to dine. From poor service, to only 2-3 vegetarian options and over done food, everything didn't even look fresh, we had to wait for water to be served for 30 minutes and the wait time for even a bottle of water was 45 minutes. It was overall terrible experience. Will never recommend anybody to go there.Special Features:
- Good Pre-Paramount choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Although it was very busy, our server was very attentive. The food was good however due to our time limitation, it took too long to receive our coffee & dessert. If you our under any time constraints, I would recommend allowing ample time for an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014Service was very slow. Food came out cold and salad came at same time as meal. Waiter did not follow up with drink refills and was not knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing experienceSeattlegirlDined on 10/22/2014Have been to Il Fornaio several times, both lunch and dinner, always have had very prompt and attentive service. This time, definitely not. Granted it was Restaurant Week but our reservation was for 5:30 and the place was less than half full. We were the only party in the center section and after 15 minutes I had to find the hostess to ask if we had a server as not one person had stopped at our table. A server was sent over and asked if we were ready to order - certainly having had those 15 uninterrupted minutes we had time to peruse the menu. Our whole experience was of slow or non existent service and medicare food. I would say off night but the experience was so poor that I will no longer send work groups there.
- Great night out!WestSeattleliteVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ended up planning our night out very late & chose Il Fornaio before going to the Theater. What a great experience. Our waiter was wonderful and really added to our lovely dinner! Food & service was wonderful ~ Great job!!Special Features:
- I Love the Festa RegionaleSeattleeatersVIPDined on 10/17/2014I didn't have time for the full taste of Lombardia menu so I had the Ucelletti Scappati. It was fantastic! Chicken with sage and pancetta is usually quite good but this was really delicious. The mushroom and wine sauce was just right and the Polenta Taragna couldn't have been any better - buckwheat and corn polenta mmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F&DFrankandDiDined on 10/11/2014Based on previous visits, we were disappointed in the quality of the food. The price fix menu food we ordered was thrown at us as if it was precooked and waiting in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Always goodKMezDined on 10/9/2014We were celebrating my birthday and really enjoyed the speacial dining choices for the month. As always the food is decliciouse and service was good too. There many good wine choices and too many choices for desert!Special Features:
- Fabulous ServicetheyoungdeniseDined on 10/4/2014We let our server know we were attending a concert, and she made sure we had a lovely, un-rushed dinner that got us there on time. She had good wine recommendations. We had a very lovely dinner!
- Great!AllieDined on 9/29/2014Service was excellent and the food was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014This is where my family always goes when we meet up. It's great food, great service and a convenient location at Pacific Place.Special Features:
- Amazing visitJazzyJDined on 9/21/2014Was not very happy about either the food or service the first time we dined there before the Seattle Marathon last year. But wanted to give it a second chance and surely we were not disappointed. The food suggestions, service and the cheerful attitude of the server was very well received. I brought a group of friends there and they raved about it too.Special Features:
- Check out this Downtown Gem!me4eatDined on 9/20/2014It's always a delight to dine where the food, ambiance, and service are all equally delightful. The six of us, celebrating a 12th birthday, shared Caesar salad and six different pastas that were equally "melt in your mouth" delicious. Wine, Shirley Temples, and birthday cake all great. Usually we dine downstairs in the cafe where we know we can dine quickly on our favorites, but for this special occasion we chose the formal dining room. Our French server made it special!! A word to diners, don't over indulge on the unusually tasty bread as the rest of the dinner also deserves attention! Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- crowdedmilesDined on 9/20/2014our waiter was wonderful, but perhaps because the restaurant was quite crowded, getting more water was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual & great serviceShellsDined on 9/14/2014We were heading to a show at the paramount and the service was very efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microwave8HereDined on 9/6/2014There are two restaurants. One up and one down. Downstairs they do not have an oven. The lasagna was not hot, so I sent it back and they scraped it into a frying pan and then set it in the pizza oven for a few minutes. It came back warmer (and a lot flatter), but not hot. Maybe if you eat upstairs they have an oven where they can bake food. I don't know. Probably a good restaurant if you just want pizza and a beer. But then so is Domino's.
- Very accommodatingAlyAnn12Dined on 9/5/2014We had a large group, (6 adults, 1 baby) and not a lot of time. They got us in and out with time to spare, and we didn't feel too rushed. Food was above average, and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Our server was a little grumpy but I'm not sure anyone but me noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The hostess was very rude when seating us. Even though the food was very good, our experience with her made us not want to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been going to this place since its opening and will continue to go there but the service this time was very poor.. Table was not cleared prior to entrees arriving, orders were incorrect and at least one was forgotten, .they also did not have the wine they were promoting , but the waiter did not inform me of that until the food for that wine had arrived .. very poor!
- DisappointingBLSBDined on 8/26/2014Our daughter wanted to go here for a final dinner before heading off to college Waitress was there when we didn't want her, nowhere to be seen when we did. Food choices were less than I expected, and the food itself ranged from very good to ordinary We have eaten here perhaps 4 times before; tghis was by far the least enjoyable
- We were treated like royalty, but..PTFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The service at il Fornaio was exceptional. Most of the food was, as well, except for the fact that the lamb chops were unusually tough. The flavor was fine, but I had to struggle with the knife just to work it through the meat. I did not ask for it to be returned because we had been treated so well by the staff and the other food was excellent. We were seated at the "table of honor" for our 40th wedding anniversary and given a couple of pleasant extras, so I was hesitant to make a fuss. All in all, the experience was fine.Special Features:
- A nice visit to a familiar chainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy Il Fornaio in LA and San Diego, and Seattle was no different, except that the service was the best we've had. The menu is consistent chain-wide and we enjoyed the beet salad, minestrone and Tuscan chicken.Special Features:
- OK Italian Foodmanger123VIPDined on 8/16/2014There is an upstairs and a downstairs--I have eaten at both, most recently at the upstairs which is a bit more costly and definitely more pretentious. I was visiting from out of town and had run through the really good restaurants at Pike's Place, and wanted something a bit different. Our waiter's first question to us was "were we here for a special occasion?"--so I gather locals use this place for such. I can't fault what is basic good Italian food. I'd go back, especially with a big party, but Seattle has no shortage of excellent to exceptional restaurants that are priced the same as or even less than upstairs and without any pretention.Special Features:
- LindaFVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and very good+ food make for a wonderful combination. Although the restaurant is somewhat out-of-the-way on the first floor of a vertical mall at 600 Pine St., it is worth seeking out. Prices are reasonable (our comparison is NYC) and the menu lists some less expensive items as well. Ask about their special menu of a highlighted section of Italy -- we tried the Sardinian tasting menu and it was very good. Be sure to save some room for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014just what we wanted for italian dining, and they served vealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- micheleDined on 8/15/2014I always enjoy my time pretending I am in Italy. Great food and ambiance. Love the staff. Always make me feel special.Special Features:
- the servicekaiteDined on 8/13/2014We had the most wonderful service. I was traveling with a handicapped older woman who needed assistance getting a cab back to her hotel. The Manager herself went out and hailed the cab for her. They were so kind. The service was wonderful, We will go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice restaurantALittleTasteDined on 8/8/2014This is a pleasant and quiet restaurant. Waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good, although the chicken was overcooked and somewhat dry. I feel the lunch menu is VERY overpriced. My lunch with tip and tax was $25 and I didnt order anthing extra (beverage was water). That is the amount I expect to pay for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flavorless foodcarlaguestsDined on 8/8/2014I ordered capellini de pomodoro and my guest ordered fettucini Bolognese. They were both blah, and kind of dry. Neither of us finished our lunch.Special Features:
- Pork Shank was excellent!MeiYDined on 8/6/2014I was ready for some meat after eating vegetarian for many days. Pork shank came to my mind and the food came within 15 minutes. The entire shank, looks like over one pound was in front of me, no way of knowing how to cut into it with simmering tomato sauce over it. I had the black and white summer dress I could not stain. Hmmm.... Bravely I stabbed at it and sliced the first piece, it was all raw and not done. I asked the waiter to send it back and recook, sliced up for me so I don't have to slice them. When it came back to me, it was perfect! It was all sliced to a good size, it was easier for me to eat. Besisdes, the plate was dressed with more broccolini and grains. The meat was tender as though it had been cooked for hours.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 8/3/2014Our party was attending a theater performance nearby. The service staff was friendly and responsive to our timeline. The seafood pasta was not as tasty as other entree selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.