Il Fornaio - Seattle
600 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 2062640994x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday -
Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franz Junga
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you can’t join us, Il Fornaio food will come to you!
Catering services include:
• Boxed Lunch – sandwich, salad, Italian cookie and drink packaged individually.
• Platters – pastries, sandwiches, salads or cookies. Perfect for any meeting held at Il Fornaio or your location.
• Ala Carte – We will accommodate any to go order from our regular menus.
• Delivery – Delivery available for catering orders with a $25 minimum (15 percent service charge applies).
A word from Il Fornaio - Seattle
In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio Seattle. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from an apple wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. Voted as Seattle Magazine's 2006 Reader's Choice for "BestContinued
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Italian" and repeat recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence," this award-winning restaurant is located in downtown Seattle at Sixth and Pine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (23)romantic (21)kid-friendly (13)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great night out!WestSeattleliteVIPDined on 10/17/2014We ended up planning our night out very late & chose Il Fornaio before going to the Theater. What a great experience. Our waiter was wonderful and really added to our lovely dinner! Food & service was wonderful ~ Great job!!Special Features:
- I Love the Festa RegionaleSeattleeatersVIPDined on 10/17/2014I didn't have time for the full taste of Lombardia menu so I had the Ucelletti Scappati. It was fantastic! Chicken with sage and pancetta is usually quite good but this was really delicious. The mushroom and wine sauce was just right and the Polenta Taragna couldn't have been any better - buckwheat and corn polenta mmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F&DFrankandDiDined on 10/11/2014Based on previous visits, we were disappointed in the quality of the food. The price fix menu food we ordered was thrown at us as if it was precooked and waiting in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Always goodKMezDined on 10/9/2014We were celebrating my birthday and really enjoyed the speacial dining choices for the month. As always the food is decliciouse and service was good too. There many good wine choices and too many choices for desert!Special Features:
- Fabulous ServicetheyoungdeniseDined on 10/4/2014We let our server know we were attending a concert, and she made sure we had a lovely, un-rushed dinner that got us there on time. She had good wine recommendations. We had a very lovely dinner!
- Great!AllieDined on 9/29/2014Service was excellent and the food was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014This is where my family always goes when we meet up. It's great food, great service and a convenient location at Pacific Place.Special Features:
- Amazing visitJazzyJDined on 9/21/2014Was not very happy about either the food or service the first time we dined there before the Seattle Marathon last year. But wanted to give it a second chance and surely we were not disappointed. The food suggestions, service and the cheerful attitude of the server was very well received. I brought a group of friends there and they raved about it too.Special Features:
- Check out this Downtown Gem!me4eatDined on 9/20/2014It's always a delight to dine where the food, ambiance, and service are all equally delightful. The six of us, celebrating a 12th birthday, shared Caesar salad and six different pastas that were equally "melt in your mouth" delicious. Wine, Shirley Temples, and birthday cake all great. Usually we dine downstairs in the cafe where we know we can dine quickly on our favorites, but for this special occasion we chose the formal dining room. Our French server made it special!! A word to diners, don't over indulge on the unusually tasty bread as the rest of the dinner also deserves attention! Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- crowdedmilesDined on 9/20/2014our waiter was wonderful, but perhaps because the restaurant was quite crowded, getting more water was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual & great serviceShellsDined on 9/14/2014We were heading to a show at the paramount and the service was very efficient and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Microwave8HereDined on 9/6/2014There are two restaurants. One up and one down. Downstairs they do not have an oven. The lasagna was not hot, so I sent it back and they scraped it into a frying pan and then set it in the pizza oven for a few minutes. It came back warmer (and a lot flatter), but not hot. Maybe if you eat upstairs they have an oven where they can bake food. I don't know. Probably a good restaurant if you just want pizza and a beer. But then so is Domino's.
- Very accommodatingAlyAnn12Dined on 9/5/2014We had a large group, (6 adults, 1 baby) and not a lot of time. They got us in and out with time to spare, and we didn't feel too rushed. Food was above average, and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Our server was a little grumpy but I'm not sure anyone but me noticed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The hostess was very rude when seating us. Even though the food was very good, our experience with her made us not want to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014I have been going to this place since its opening and will continue to go there but the service this time was very poor.. Table was not cleared prior to entrees arriving, orders were incorrect and at least one was forgotten, .they also did not have the wine they were promoting , but the waiter did not inform me of that until the food for that wine had arrived .. very poor!
- DisappointingBLSBDined on 8/26/2014Our daughter wanted to go here for a final dinner before heading off to college Waitress was there when we didn't want her, nowhere to be seen when we did. Food choices were less than I expected, and the food itself ranged from very good to ordinary We have eaten here perhaps 4 times before; tghis was by far the least enjoyable
- We were treated like royalty, but..PTFoodieDined on 8/22/2014The service at il Fornaio was exceptional. Most of the food was, as well, except for the fact that the lamb chops were unusually tough. The flavor was fine, but I had to struggle with the knife just to work it through the meat. I did not ask for it to be returned because we had been treated so well by the staff and the other food was excellent. We were seated at the "table of honor" for our 40th wedding anniversary and given a couple of pleasant extras, so I was hesitant to make a fuss. All in all, the experience was fine.Special Features:
- A nice visit to a familiar chainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy Il Fornaio in LA and San Diego, and Seattle was no different, except that the service was the best we've had. The menu is consistent chain-wide and we enjoyed the beet salad, minestrone and Tuscan chicken.Special Features:
- OK Italian Foodmanger123VIPDined on 8/16/2014There is an upstairs and a downstairs--I have eaten at both, most recently at the upstairs which is a bit more costly and definitely more pretentious. I was visiting from out of town and had run through the really good restaurants at Pike's Place, and wanted something a bit different. Our waiter's first question to us was "were we here for a special occasion?"--so I gather locals use this place for such. I can't fault what is basic good Italian food. I'd go back, especially with a big party, but Seattle has no shortage of excellent to exceptional restaurants that are priced the same as or even less than upstairs and without any pretention.Special Features:
- LindaFVIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and very good+ food make for a wonderful combination. Although the restaurant is somewhat out-of-the-way on the first floor of a vertical mall at 600 Pine St., it is worth seeking out. Prices are reasonable (our comparison is NYC) and the menu lists some less expensive items as well. Ask about their special menu of a highlighted section of Italy -- we tried the Sardinian tasting menu and it was very good. Be sure to save some room for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014just what we wanted for italian dining, and they served vealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- micheleDined on 8/15/2014I always enjoy my time pretending I am in Italy. Great food and ambiance. Love the staff. Always make me feel special.Special Features:
- the servicekaiteDined on 8/13/2014We had the most wonderful service. I was traveling with a handicapped older woman who needed assistance getting a cab back to her hotel. The Manager herself went out and hailed the cab for her. They were so kind. The service was wonderful, We will go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a nice restaurantALittleTasteDined on 8/8/2014This is a pleasant and quiet restaurant. Waiter was very knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good, although the chicken was overcooked and somewhat dry. I feel the lunch menu is VERY overpriced. My lunch with tip and tax was $25 and I didnt order anthing extra (beverage was water). That is the amount I expect to pay for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flavorless foodcarlaguestsDined on 8/8/2014I ordered capellini de pomodoro and my guest ordered fettucini Bolognese. They were both blah, and kind of dry. Neither of us finished our lunch.Special Features:
- Pork Shank was excellent!MeiYDined on 8/6/2014I was ready for some meat after eating vegetarian for many days. Pork shank came to my mind and the food came within 15 minutes. The entire shank, looks like over one pound was in front of me, no way of knowing how to cut into it with simmering tomato sauce over it. I had the black and white summer dress I could not stain. Hmmm.... Bravely I stabbed at it and sliced the first piece, it was all raw and not done. I asked the waiter to send it back and recook, sliced up for me so I don't have to slice them. When it came back to me, it was perfect! It was all sliced to a good size, it was easier for me to eat. Besisdes, the plate was dressed with more broccolini and grains. The meat was tender as though it had been cooked for hours.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 8/3/2014Our party was attending a theater performance nearby. The service staff was friendly and responsive to our timeline. The seafood pasta was not as tasty as other entree selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment After Many Visitslookg4grtfoodDined on 8/2/2014We had been to Il Fornaio a number of times in the past and were always satisfied with the food and service. This is the main reason that we made a reservation for August 2nd. The service was fair. Our waiter took our drink order and we had to wait about 15 minutes to receive them. His appearances throughout the dinner were infrequent as well. Ordered the Calamari Fritti appetizer and had a few of the pieces undercooked. My wife ordered the Veal Scallopini which turned out to be a tougher, chewier piece of veal than we had ever encountered. I usually enjoy Seafood Linguine at many of the Italian restaurants we visit. This night both the shrimp and scallops were overcooked to a rubbery consistency that detracted from the entire dish.
- Not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I had 6 PM reservations as we had an 8 PM show to see and checked in at that time. Even though there were open tables we had to wait 10 minutes to be seated and groups without reservations who checked in before us were seated ahead of us. Kind of defeats the purpose of reservations. Food was just fair and I had the spinach salad and sockeye salmon special. The seared red onions in the salad overwhelmed the flavor of everything else in the salad and the salmon arrived just warm. Deserts were very good. With 2 drinks and tip the bill for two came to $150. I expect more for that price and will choose another venue my next time in Seattle.
- below average and can be much beterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Nice looking restaurant that can use some good chef advice and training. The food is not great and below expectations...
- Great food and wineSeattleeatersVIPDined on 7/20/2014I love the Festa Regionale menu the first two weeks of each month. This month the roasted pear ravioli was superb. I always get the tasting menu with the wine flight. Lately, however, I've found that the full portion of the main course makes for a very large meal and suggest that the restaurant cut back to a smaller plate as they do for the first two courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too busyeggsDined on 7/20/2014The hostess you'll forever too get us with no one else there. Food took a very long time to get too us and my pizza was cold. Lasagna just warm. I told the waitress and she had the pizza taken off the bill. But overall out was a nice place but if you are looking for a view or special ambiance, this is in a mall, which was hard to find. Food was good otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJlyoungDined on 7/20/2014Il Fornaio accommodated our last minute reservation. The ambiance was calm, and welcoming and the servers, cooks, and hostesses were extremely well-trained, were advocates for the food, had excellent customer service skills and seemed to truly enjoy their job and appreciate the menu. Timing of the meal and the quality of the food was amazing. Our group enjoyed a leisurely dinner and amazing conversation at this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!GAJPDined on 7/20/2014My family was tired and just looking for a good meal in downtown Seattle. We tried Tulio but they were booked with a large party and recommended Il Fornaio - we made the walk and were absolutely happy with the restaurant. We were treated well, the wine selection was great, and we had a great Italian meal for all four of us. We had kids (11 and 15) with us and were treated very well. Just a great experience - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Every one satisfied123cookDined on 7/19/2014Family came in from East Coast, Il Fornaio was a GREAT place to take them. There was something on the menu for every one's taste. All three generations enjoyed being able to hear each other talk. Yes we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014My husband ordered the chicken cannelloni. While it was tasty, there was hardly any chicken in it and it was totally drowning in much too much sauce. I have celiac disease and ordered gluten free pasta with vodka sauce, which was delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. The meal was good, but expensive for pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with friendsRickGVIPDined on 7/18/2014My friends went here to have a good meal and reminisce. The wait staff was very attentive. Good food, excellent wine and quiet atmosphere. This is an excellent place to create some memories with friends and family.Special Features:
- Venato PromotionJanSDined on 7/16/2014We went because we love the Venato region of Italy having sent considerable time there. We found the menu for the promotion not very representative of the region. Menu was mostly sea food, not particularly well done. Among Secondi dishes these was one chicken dish, and sounded like it was perhaps from the the regular menu. The Heirloom Tomato salad that we started with was excellent. but again, it could have been on any menu in Seattle at this time of the year. Service was competent and pleasant. This is a restaurant we have enjoyed many times, and will certainly will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!RomanticCoupleDined on 7/11/2014As always, the service and the food were marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhfoshoDined on 7/3/2014Food was just okay, waitress did not seem to be very happy, and the place was empty. Worth looking around for a better option.