Il Fornaio - Roseville
1179 Galleria Boulevard
Roseville, CA 95678Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Roseville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (916) 788-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Roseville
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Fornaio - Roseville - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Il Fornaio - Roseville reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)good for groups (63)romantic (59)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (35)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great serversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Our servers were very friendy despite a difficult person in our group, they always accomodated with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Il Fornaio - Roseville, is perfect for large gatherings, like ours (11 people) and also has the means for couples to have a quiet dinner table away from a family gathering for instance. The atmosphere is inviting for any occasion. The service was outstanding this particular evening. One improvement perhaps would be the menu..... maybe a few more options in the main dish category, not too much more, 2-3 additional selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian food in RosevillevinofylDined on 11/16/2014We have eaten here many times and find there are always interesting and authentic dishes offered from various regions in Italy. This time we enjoyed food prepared in the Piemonte style. I had the sea bass and my wife had a seafood pasta dish. Both were excellent and the portions generous. We split the insalate which was enough for the two us. It took awhile for our entrees to arrive, but when they did, they were piping hot; which is the way we like it. For people who want serious Italian food, this is the only place to go in the Roseville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I went with a group of friends after shopping to have a nice dinner. We were early for our reservation but were seated right away. The waiters were always around to refill our waters and get us anything we needed, and they were very nice. The food was pretty good also. The ambiance was really nice, could have been romantic for a date or something, but is great for any occasion. It wasn't even very expansive for how fancy it was, and we were in and out in 45 minutes because the service was so fast. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gbfamilyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Very busy on Saturday night....even with our reservation, still had to wait for about 20 minutes for a table, but they were very apoologetic
- Always a TreatSgard9Dined on 11/15/2014It has been awhile since the last time we ate here. It was also a pretty busy evening as we are heading into the Holiday season and since this restaurant is located in a popular shopping mall there are no shortage of customers. That said, the food was excellent, the service was top notch and this place handles the crowd very well. We always look forward to eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't hear my companionswanted2talkDined on 11/8/2014For an upscale restaurant, with great food, good service, great ambiance, even a romantic feel - if that is what you are looking for - our party of three could not hear each other speak. We had my husband's elderly mother with us, and we could not hear each other to save our lives. Also, once we did not order from the expensive wine list, it seems that our waiter lost interest in us. We did not see him for long periods of time. Don't sit in the "wicker looking" chairs, very uncomfortable. The reservation system provided through Open Table worked like a charm, no problem there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinner at Il Fornaio98765aDined on 11/8/2014The address in GPS (both Google maps and Waze) is incorrect. The hostess couldn't tell us the address, and it took us several times to determine that this is in the mall by the Sears Auto Repair. One person in our party ordered gluten free. However, when the dish arrived, we double checked that it was gluten free. It turned out that the noodles were - but not the topping. It all had to be sent back and remade. However, everyone was happy once it all got sorted out. We had a great table and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- not the greatest effortKRZ1Dined on 11/7/2014Waitress got my wine order wrong first, and then got my entre order wrong. She was apologetic but it would have taken too long to get my correct order in so I ate what they served me. Manager took off the cost of one of our glasses of wine. Meh.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good.......YuckVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is our "go to" italian restaurant in the Roseville area. Food and service are always dependable. Good wine list and we like the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionluv2dineDined on 11/1/2014The entire evening with my family was excellent. Food, service and ambiance made for a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Meh...DisappointedDinerDined on 10/24/2014I usually have enjoyed il fornaio, but last night was just meh. While the bread, as always, was yummy, I really found the ravioli to be quite bland. We also got a Caesar salad that was extremely heavy on the anchovy in the dressing--and I live anchovies. I don't know if they have a new chef of what, but it just was not the experience I'm used to. I also found the wine list rather limited. Our waiter was new, but friendly, which we appreciated, and the fire was nice. I hesitate to write a bad review, but I do so hoping they'll improve so we can go back to enjoying dining here!
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our waiter, Alberto, was just awesome. He bent over backwards to make our experience a great one. My wife and I were there for our wedding anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a better evening thanks to Alberto and his hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!CindyDined on 10/22/2014Love the ambiance, service and food! Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Best in RosevilleStigVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is our favorite place in Roseville!!! Alex is the best server!!! The good quality is dependable!!Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperiencemiefmuffinDined on 10/16/2014Several months ago I visited iL Fornaio and had a similar experience. I can only say their food is mediocre at best. Ordered the rotisserie chicken expecting a nicely browned item with flavor. Nice presentation but once again come to my previous conclusion...it will be quite some time before I return. Il Fornaio's quality of food is just fair and I find it difficult to recommend.Special Features:
- A Precious Wife, a Great RestaurantRtyddyDined on 10/15/2014The noise level, wherever you dine today, is always loud with everyone having a good time, but when you are trying to share a moment with a loved one, a sudden burst of extraordinary volume of loud laughter or people trying to talk over each other is disruptive and all we can say to each other is..."just our luck." But the food and service is just fabulous. We will keep coming back and maybe request seating away from large groups and in the open areas, as a way to improve our "luck." Had a great birthday dinner withy wife and already know what to order the next time. Thank you for allowing an avenue for customer feedback to a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodjeckleinVIPDined on 10/10/2014We visit this place at least once or twice a month and the food and service is always very good. Our best experiences are when we sit at the bar and enjoy a bottle of wine selected by the outstanding bartenders, Derrick and Zach and have a meal. Outstanding service!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This is a go to restaurant for us whether it is for a dinner with friends or a nice place for family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian in this areashin23Dined on 10/7/2014visit this restaurant with group of 5 for business dinner. Good food choice, good service.Special Features:
- Great placeVechtableDined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant with an amazing special menus that have a great selection and very fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Friday night funBiomouseDined on 10/3/2014We made last minute reservations here for a friend's birthday who was craving veal. I left a detailed note on Open Table asking that we be given seating in a quieter area since my husband is hard of hearing which don't seem to be part of the hostesses plans for our table. We were sat directly next to a curtain seperating a private room with a large ( over 10 people), loud group of men. It actually felt like we were sat in purposely in one of the worst spots for noise in the restaurant. The server, bussers, and other wait staff were exceptional, and the food was good standard Italian fare. Nothing stellar, but a good spot for friends who have a craving for pasta and veal :)Special Features:
- Food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Marguerite pizza very boring, salad boring, pasta not specialSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/23/2014The veal with artichokes and lemon was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchfoodforlifeDined on 9/23/2014We went to celebrate my bosses and co-workers birthday for lunch. The ambiance was spectacular and good was good too! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great and serviceDobraDined on 9/22/2014Cody is an excellent server making our ladies' birthday luncheon fun and memorable. Complimentary bruchetta served for first timers along with spumoni birthday ice cream for two birthday girls. Table linens, cozy patio dining with Tuscan decor.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerCvcliffVIPDined on 9/20/2014A group of six were going to a local production of "Spamalot" and let the waiter know we needed to leave by a certain time. He indicated that would not be a problem and we were able to enjoy dinner without worrying about the time. We also had some special dietary needs which the waiter said he would take care of. In both cases, the waiter came through with flying colors! All 6 meals were fantastic as was the service. We would definitely return!Special Features:
- Menu VarietycelpenDined on 9/18/2014Il Fornaio has a wide variety of dishes....from mild to spicy flavors upon your request. The food is not only tasty but attractive as well. My friends and I really appreciate the ambiance of the restaurant I like it so much I enjoy lunch there also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary here. The service was world-class and food was excellent and delicious. It was my first time dining at Il Fornaio. I will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- extremely disappointedanniversarybDined on 9/14/2014I took my family here to celebrate 5 couples anniversaries. The menu looked amazing and that is why I choose it. When we got there the staff was very freindly and gave us free appetizers which was great of them but they didn't have much flavor. The main courses where very disappointing! My lasagna was not good at all. I have had frozen that had more flavor. Everyone was disappointed with their meals for the price. They gave each couple a half of a dessert to share which again was great of them but it wasnt that good either. The check came to over $300 and I was very sad that it wasnt worth it but live and learn I guess. I wish the food would have been good because the staff were all very nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We chose Il Fornaio for a small family 95th birthday party. We were not disappointed as the food was excellant and the service during our 2 hour dinner was great.Special Features:
- Great place for...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great place for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, and it has nice romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Waited 20 min for drinks and 20 min to take order. Not even busy.Special Features:
- AmazingThomasDined on 9/9/2014Simply delicious food and great atmosphere. A must go.Special Features:
- Excellent food, lovely restaurantTACJACDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are always top notch. Especially enjoy the passport dinners that they have every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate BirthdaySashaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed lunch with Family for Nieces Birthday. We had Pasta, Pizza and Ravioli... Save room for dessert =) Service was Great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginallinuspvp25VIPDined on 9/6/2014Flavor was lacking in the soups (minestrone and lobster bisque) and lasagna. Risotto with sea bass was tasty but there were only three tiny pieces of sea bass on the dish. Prices high for the experience received.
- fantasticdbutlerDined on 9/6/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had at a restaurant. It was like the server knew what I wanted before I knew it myself. The rest of the staff were courteous and helpful. The food was delicious. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner4sixDined on 9/4/2014Very good staff; friendly and helpful with the menu. The dinner for six of us was outstanding. Wine list was kind of limited, but the server recommended a good Italian wine. There was cork in my husband's wine but the wait staff was not concerned- ÿeah it happens"". We would have appreciated a complimentary glass to replace it.Special Features:
- Good date restaurantJonpaulDined on 9/1/2014Good ambiance. Food taste good. Desert is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.