Il Fornaio - Roseville
1179 Galleria Boulevard
Roseville, CA 95678Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Roseville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 9167881200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Roseville
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Roseville reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (64)good for groups (62)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (45)notable wine list (40)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best in RosevilleStigVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is our favorite place in Roseville!!! Alex is the best server!!! The good quality is dependable!!Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperiencemiefmuffinDined on 10/16/2014Several months ago I visited iL Fornaio and had a similar experience. I can only say their food is mediocre at best. Ordered the rotisserie chicken expecting a nicely browned item with flavor. Nice presentation but once again come to my previous conclusion...it will be quite some time before I return. Il Fornaio's quality of food is just fair and I find it difficult to recommend.Special Features:
- A Precious Wife, a Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The noise level, wherever you dine today, is always loud with everyone having a good time, but when you are trying to share a moment with a loved one, a sudden burst of extraordinary volume of loud laughter or people trying to talk over each other is disruptive and all we can say to each other is..."just our luck." But the food and service is just fabulous. We will keep coming back and maybe request seating away from large groups and in the open areas, as a way to improve our "luck." Had a great birthday dinner withy wife and already know what to order the next time. Thank you for allowing an avenue for customer feedback to a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodjeckleinVIPDined on 10/10/2014We visit this place at least once or twice a month and the food and service is always very good. Our best experiences are when we sit at the bar and enjoy a bottle of wine selected by the outstanding bartenders, Derrick and Zach and have a meal. Outstanding service!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This is a go to restaurant for us whether it is for a dinner with friends or a nice place for family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian in this areashin23Dined on 10/7/2014visit this restaurant with group of 5 for business dinner. Good food choice, good service.Special Features:
- Great placeVechtableDined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant with an amazing special menus that have a great selection and very fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Friday night funBiomouseDined on 10/3/2014We made last minute reservations here for a friend's birthday who was craving veal. I left a detailed note on Open Table asking that we be given seating in a quieter area since my husband is hard of hearing which don't seem to be part of the hostesses plans for our table. We were sat directly next to a curtain seperating a private room with a large ( over 10 people), loud group of men. It actually felt like we were sat in purposely in one of the worst spots for noise in the restaurant. The server, bussers, and other wait staff were exceptional, and the food was good standard Italian fare. Nothing stellar, but a good spot for friends who have a craving for pasta and veal :)Special Features:
- Food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Marguerite pizza very boring, salad boring, pasta not specialSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/23/2014The veal with artichokes and lemon was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchfoodforlifeDined on 9/23/2014We went to celebrate my bosses and co-workers birthday for lunch. The ambiance was spectacular and good was good too! We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great and serviceDobraDined on 9/22/2014Cody is an excellent server making our ladies' birthday luncheon fun and memorable. Complimentary bruchetta served for first timers along with spumoni birthday ice cream for two birthday girls. Table linens, cozy patio dining with Tuscan decor.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerCvcliffVIPDined on 9/20/2014A group of six were going to a local production of "Spamalot" and let the waiter know we needed to leave by a certain time. He indicated that would not be a problem and we were able to enjoy dinner without worrying about the time. We also had some special dietary needs which the waiter said he would take care of. In both cases, the waiter came through with flying colors! All 6 meals were fantastic as was the service. We would definitely return!Special Features:
- Menu VarietycelpenDined on 9/18/2014Il Fornaio has a wide variety of dishes....from mild to spicy flavors upon your request. The food is not only tasty but attractive as well. My friends and I really appreciate the ambiance of the restaurant I like it so much I enjoy lunch there also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary here. The service was world-class and food was excellent and delicious. It was my first time dining at Il Fornaio. I will definitely be back. Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- extremely disappointedanniversarybDined on 9/14/2014I took my family here to celebrate 5 couples anniversaries. The menu looked amazing and that is why I choose it. When we got there the staff was very freindly and gave us free appetizers which was great of them but they didn't have much flavor. The main courses where very disappointing! My lasagna was not good at all. I have had frozen that had more flavor. Everyone was disappointed with their meals for the price. They gave each couple a half of a dessert to share which again was great of them but it wasnt that good either. The check came to over $300 and I was very sad that it wasnt worth it but live and learn I guess. I wish the food would have been good because the staff were all very nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We chose Il Fornaio for a small family 95th birthday party. We were not disappointed as the food was excellant and the service during our 2 hour dinner was great.Special Features:
- Great place for...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great place for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, and it has nice romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Waited 20 min for drinks and 20 min to take order. Not even busy.Special Features:
- AmazingThomasDined on 9/9/2014Simply delicious food and great atmosphere. A must go.Special Features:
- Excellent food, lovely restaurantTACJACDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are always top notch. Especially enjoy the passport dinners that they have every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate BirthdaySashaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed lunch with Family for Nieces Birthday. We had Pasta, Pizza and Ravioli... Save room for dessert =) Service was Great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginallinuspvp25VIPDined on 9/6/2014Flavor was lacking in the soups (minestrone and lobster bisque) and lasagna. Risotto with sea bass was tasty but there were only three tiny pieces of sea bass on the dish. Prices high for the experience received.
- fantasticdbutlerDined on 9/6/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had at a restaurant. It was like the server knew what I wanted before I knew it myself. The rest of the staff were courteous and helpful. The food was delicious. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner4sixDined on 9/4/2014Very good staff; friendly and helpful with the menu. The dinner for six of us was outstanding. Wine list was kind of limited, but the server recommended a good Italian wine. There was cork in my husband's wine but the wait staff was not concerned- ÿeah it happens"". We would have appreciated a complimentary glass to replace it.Special Features:
- Good date restaurantJonpaulDined on 9/1/2014Good ambiance. Food taste good. Desert is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!CindyDined on 9/1/2014We have been dining at this Il Fornaio for 14 years. It is our favorite place to dine! Each family member picks Il fornaio for their birthdays and of course we go there for our anniversary as well. And of course for the once a month Passport dining. AND any other reason we can come up with! We have never been disappointed in any way with food or service. Never Disappoints...always excellent :)Special Features:
- Missed the MarkStudioLadyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was slow. Food was disappointing. I've been to 6 different locations and this one was by far the worst!
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Service was spectacular . Food was great, better than I rememberedSpecial Features:
- A Lovely EveningfoodiefriendDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and getting ready to go to Italy. This was a wonderful warm up to our trip. Annie, the waitress was great. We have eaten at Il Fornaio several times before and it is always a pleasant experience. Definitely will recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingNateVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food is always good. Service was a little lacking this time. Richard was our server and gave us the couple sitting next to us our meal. He caught it only because I said something. He was very embarrassed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second AnniversaryJAGardDined on 8/23/2014This was our second year celebrating our anniversary here, and they never fail to meet expectations! My wife and I love this place, their butternut squash ravioli is amazing, the special red table service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RRSSDined on 8/23/2014Date night with Hubby...no kids! Had a really nice evening. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Always our 'go to' restaurant for a great meat and surroundings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty OKYerfdogDined on 8/23/2014We split carpaccio, beet salad, Rissotto, and lamb chops. All were perfectly fine but nothing was exceptional. Marcus was an energetic and knowledgable server. Everything came with arugala. Everything!Special Features:
- Anniversary!HusbandDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary and we were astonished! Our table was set-up with a red anniversary table cloth and a book to record our special event with other honored guests in the past. The service was amazing! Thank you to our waiter Jeremy and his assistant server Steven. You made our event a special occasion and you allowed us to spend all the time we wanted with each other. Also, the samples you provided were very thoughtful and delicious. You will be seeing us more often even on our anniversary because you provided excellent customer service. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Fiesta RegionaleLibuVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love our trips to different regions of Italy! Missed out on then sea bass, but the pork and sole was fab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateniteDined on 8/16/2014Relaxed atmosphere with outstanding service by our waiter Steven. First time to this location and will will definitely return.Special Features:
- DLCinCADined on 8/15/2014This was our first experience dining at il Fornaio and it was most enjoyable. The occasion was my birthday and, as others have mentioned, the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly. We were given the red-clothed 'table of honor' and were treated to complimentary appetizers, sparkling water and the birthday girl's choice from the dessert cart instead of the usual celebratory spumoni gelato. Everything was delicious, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and the only detraction of the evening was a gentleman seated at a nearby table who talked at length and in stentorian tones! But overall, an enjoyable dining experience and one that we will repeat on future occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerrumblestilskinDined on 8/12/2014I don't recall how much noisier it was since I last dined at an Il Fornaio. The goal was to have a romantic dinner to celebrate our first anniversary. The food was good; not stellar and the portion sizes were great on both dishes. The service was very good, we just didn't the the waitress as much as would have liked to when waiting to get more vinegar and oil or our check. Please note that it was busy that night. Since they knew that it was our anniversary, I expected to be seated in a more private area in the restaurant; if the weather was better we would have opted to dine outside. We thought it was comical that desert tray was on a hard wheels as it literally rumbled by on the mosaic tile several times. Overall: a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.