Il Fornaio - Roseville
1179 Galleria Boulevard
Roseville, CA 95678Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Roseville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 9167881200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Roseville
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pmContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Fornaio - Roseville - Best Restaurants in Roseville ›
Il Fornaio - Roseville reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (63)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (45)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We chose Il Fornaio for a small family 95th birthday party. We were not disappointed as the food was excellant and the service during our 2 hour dinner was great.Special Features:
- Great place for...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great place for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, and it has nice romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 9/11/2014Waited 20 min for drinks and 20 min to take order. Not even busy.Special Features:
- AmazingThomasDined on 9/9/2014Simply delicious food and great atmosphere. A must go.Special Features:
- Excellent food, lovely restaurantTACJACDined on 9/7/2014The food and service are always top notch. Especially enjoy the passport dinners that they have every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate BirthdaySashaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed lunch with Family for Nieces Birthday. We had Pasta, Pizza and Ravioli... Save room for dessert =) Service was Great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginallinuspvp25VIPDined on 9/6/2014Flavor was lacking in the soups (minestrone and lobster bisque) and lasagna. Risotto with sea bass was tasty but there were only three tiny pieces of sea bass on the dish. Prices high for the experience received.
- fantasticdbutlerDined on 9/6/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had at a restaurant. It was like the server knew what I wanted before I knew it myself. The rest of the staff were courteous and helpful. The food was delicious. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner4sixDined on 9/4/2014Very good staff; friendly and helpful with the menu. The dinner for six of us was outstanding. Wine list was kind of limited, but the server recommended a good Italian wine. There was cork in my husband's wine but the wait staff was not concerned- ÿeah it happens"". We would have appreciated a complimentary glass to replace it.Special Features:
- Good date restaurantJonpaulDined on 9/1/2014Good ambiance. Food taste good. Desert is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!CindyDined on 9/1/2014We have been dining at this Il Fornaio for 14 years. It is our favorite place to dine! Each family member picks Il fornaio for their birthdays and of course we go there for our anniversary as well. And of course for the once a month Passport dining. AND any other reason we can come up with! We have never been disappointed in any way with food or service. Never Disappoints...always excellent :)Special Features:
- Missed the MarkStudioLadyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Service was slow. Food was disappointing. I've been to 6 different locations and this one was by far the worst!
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Service was spectacular . Food was great, better than I rememberedSpecial Features:
- A Lovely EveningfoodiefriendDined on 8/30/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and getting ready to go to Italy. This was a wonderful warm up to our trip. Annie, the waitress was great. We have eaten at Il Fornaio several times before and it is always a pleasant experience. Definitely will recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingNateVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food is always good. Service was a little lacking this time. Richard was our server and gave us the couple sitting next to us our meal. He caught it only because I said something. He was very embarrassed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second AnniversaryJAGardDined on 8/23/2014This was our second year celebrating our anniversary here, and they never fail to meet expectations! My wife and I love this place, their butternut squash ravioli is amazing, the special red table service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RRSSDined on 8/23/2014Date night with Hubby...no kids! Had a really nice evening. The food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Always our 'go to' restaurant for a great meat and surroundings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty OKYerfdogDined on 8/23/2014We split carpaccio, beet salad, Rissotto, and lamb chops. All were perfectly fine but nothing was exceptional. Marcus was an energetic and knowledgable server. Everything came with arugala. Everything!Special Features:
- Anniversary!HusbandDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary and we were astonished! Our table was set-up with a red anniversary table cloth and a book to record our special event with other honored guests in the past. The service was amazing! Thank you to our waiter Jeremy and his assistant server Steven. You made our event a special occasion and you allowed us to spend all the time we wanted with each other. Also, the samples you provided were very thoughtful and delicious. You will be seeing us more often even on our anniversary because you provided excellent customer service. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Fiesta RegionaleLibuVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love our trips to different regions of Italy! Missed out on then sea bass, but the pork and sole was fab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateniteDined on 8/16/2014Relaxed atmosphere with outstanding service by our waiter Steven. First time to this location and will will definitely return.Special Features:
- DLCinCADined on 8/15/2014This was our first experience dining at il Fornaio and it was most enjoyable. The occasion was my birthday and, as others have mentioned, the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive and friendly. We were given the red-clothed 'table of honor' and were treated to complimentary appetizers, sparkling water and the birthday girl's choice from the dessert cart instead of the usual celebratory spumoni gelato. Everything was delicious, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming, and the only detraction of the evening was a gentleman seated at a nearby table who talked at length and in stentorian tones! But overall, an enjoyable dining experience and one that we will repeat on future occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerrumblestilskinDined on 8/12/2014I don't recall how much noisier it was since I last dined at an Il Fornaio. The goal was to have a romantic dinner to celebrate our first anniversary. The food was good; not stellar and the portion sizes were great on both dishes. The service was very good, we just didn't the the waitress as much as would have liked to when waiting to get more vinegar and oil or our check. Please note that it was busy that night. Since they knew that it was our anniversary, I expected to be seated in a more private area in the restaurant; if the weather was better we would have opted to dine outside. We thought it was comical that desert tray was on a hard wheels as it literally rumbled by on the mosaic tile several times. Overall: a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pintarDined on 8/9/2014Was not greated very warmly. Despite putting anniversary in special requests, it was not mentioned nor were we asked if we were celebrating anything. It was my first time there. Great food. Hostess was not very inviting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent FLier at Il ForniaomichaelVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the lasagna (always a great option) and cannelloni al forno (just OK for my taste buds but to be fair I tasted it after eating half my lasagna). The caprese was with hard tomatoes so not as good as when heirloom in season, nevertheless decent. Wine list is great esp with the Italian options. . I tried a merlot (Textbook) which was smooth and excellent value. Desert was crème brulee (guaranteed great just like the lasagna ) and we tried a new blueberry mouse desert. Light and smooth but not strong in taste. On a regular basis we have meals ranging from exceptional to good at Il Forniao but never average meal or experienced any service issues. Bar is bustling and overall ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary DinnerdevinedinersDined on 8/7/2014I had made Open Table Reservations and when we walked in 15 min. late I mentioned it was our Anniversary. We were seated near the kitchen/pizza oven and it was quite hot so we asked for another table. We were escorted to a red table clothed table and told we were chosen to sit at the "Table of Honor." We were each served our own antipasto plate and then we each received a butternut squash ravioli appetizer all complimentary. We ordered wine and our entrees and were then treated to 2 complimentary desserts: key lime ricotta cheesecake and vanilla gelato! We doubled the tab to estimate the tip, figuring we received about $70-$80 in complimentary food, and left extremely satisfied customers! We are customers for life! Thanks Il Fornaio!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014This place has gone down hill. I live my the Sacramento Il Fornaio and I drive up to Roseville. The servers are stretched out take too long for things to come out from the bar the cost of the special entrees are completely over priced and the quality of the food was not goodSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took our friends out for their anniversary and had a wonderful time. Food was perfect, the service impeccable and the ambience relaxing and so very enjoyable. Thank you for a wonderful evening and helping to make our friend’s special night so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dapearlDined on 7/26/2014excellent food..good promotion with no corkage (do it again)..very noisy..hard to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Dinner ExperienceEricaBDined on 7/20/2014My fiance brought me here this evening for my birthday dinner. The ambience was fabulous, very romantic, and the staff was very professional and attentive. The waiter found out via the hostess (who saw my note through my Open Table reservation) that it was my birthday and brought me their Spumoni Gelato as a desert. They even have outdoor/patio seating and an extensive wine menu. I would highly recommend the Linguine Mare Chiaro; it's basically a seafood pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayGoldRiverGirlVIPDined on 7/20/2014My favorite thing about Il Fornaio is their regional menu. The July region is Veneto, and I strongly urge you to go right away before it's over. Every dish our group of four had was excellent, especially the curried chicken. Yes, that's right: curried chicken in an Italian restaurant. This was nothing like Indian food, however, but rather a succulent chicken breast that happened to be spiced with a little curry among other flavors. I am going back to have it again before the end of the month. Pastas are always good, as is the veal. Our spinach salad was excellent, also. I am not a dessert eater, but others in our group loved them. The server brought a loaded pastry cart with a huge variety of desserts. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DiningLuvtoEatWellDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated our 29th Wedding Anniversary on 7/19 and had a fabulous dinner complete with wine and dessert! The food was exceptional! We greatly appreciated the timing of the courses, when the entrees came to the table, they were nice and hot and freshly prepared. We loved the no corkage fee allowing us to bring our favorite wine to the table...that was a special touch. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- My favoriteGabbyDined on 7/19/2014Not as good as our last visit.. It was a very busy night, lots of large groups and noise.. Was on my passport, but the little present of seasonings was out of stock. Settled for a prosecco Stopper, but not the same. My mixed seafood was a little dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening1HppyGirlDined on 7/18/2014Went here Friday for date night and had a wonderful evening!! Our server was fantastic and did not rush us at all. We ordered drinks and a calamari appetizer first, relaxed, visited then ordered a caprice salad to share and a nice bottle of wine, later ordered dinner and were never pressured to rush us through the evening! When it was time for desert, we were wanting a little more wine. Our server was nice enough to bring us a sample of one of the wines by the glass to try before we decided on one. We ended up with his recommendation for the Jamieson Ranch Cab which was pretty remarkable! Our evening was so enjoyable and I just can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- An Evening to Rememberwineandf00dyDined on 7/17/2014We have been to the Il Fornaio in Roseville many times in the past and always enjoyed it. This evening, we notified them that we were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. We were seated at a dining table with a red tablecloth, rather than the normal white. We ordered from their Festa Regionale menu, which gives you a 3-course meal and is always fun and tasty. We were treated to an appetizer sampling of Bruschetta, thinly sliced cured meat and cheese. Additionally, they brought us a pasta sample, their very own housemade ravioli filled with butternut squash. For the finale, they gave us a sampling of desserts, including key lime pie and Tiramisu. The meal was fabulous, and we felt like royalty! A special way to spend our day.Special Features:
- Always greatLarryDined on 7/15/2014This is one of our favorites. The food and service are always excellent. They know our favorite area for seating and often greet us as friends and catch up on what we've doing. The regional menus are different each month and very good. The regular menu items offer great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, great service for a party of 8. What more can you ask for!?!Special Features:
- Always a favoritelove2travelDined on 7/15/2014One of our favorite restaurants for past 10 years. Server Shane and busser Tom were an excellent service team. The Regional tasting meal was outstanding and the peach dessert was to die for! The staff is friendly, polite, and well trained and most of them came by our table to say hello. Sarah, the manager, greeted us on our arrival and stopped by to chat during our meal. We always feel so welcome and appreciated every time we come here. Great place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for upscale Italian diningSactofoodieDined on 7/14/2014We love this restaurant for it's great food & ambience. The regular menu is terrific. We enjoy their Festa Regionale monthly menu even more. Each month a different region of Italy is represented with a special menu - choice of starter, pasta and secondi (main course) & a special dessert. You can order a "Taste of the Region" for a price ($5-7) more than just the main course - you get a small version of starter & pasta, then a normal size main course. There are vegetarian options and wine choices that correlate with the region. You can ask for a free "passporto" that gets stamped for each monthly Festa meal you eat that entitles you to a free gift representative of the region. This July the region is Venetian. Check the web. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.