Il Fornaio - Reston
11990 Market Street
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 7034375544x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am; Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roberto Gerbino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Reston
In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from a wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. The first two weeks of each month a special menu from a different region of Italy is featured as part of Festa Regionale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (60)notable wine list (57)romantic (55)great for lunch (46)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (23)late-night find (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great!lansdowne6Dined on 10/25/2014Went there with friends on a Saturday evening. Lovely restaurant, food was terrific and loved the bread and dessert! Definitely will go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service/food/ambianceangela1007Dined on 10/24/2014overall a great experience for my group of 8. all food/service/ambiance was great. Definitely recommend and will return. no complaints! be careful to read all the parking specifications/rules around reston town center so you're not towed or fined or something!Special Features:
- Service fit for a KingnjoydiningoutVIPDined on 10/21/2014The service in this restaurant is AWESOME!!! I have never had a bad experience. The host / servers are friendly, courteous and knowledgeable of the menu and wine pairings. Great place to meet up with friends & family all year long.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantMarkDined on 10/21/2014Upon being sat down, our waitress brought us some yummy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar. This kept the blood sugar up until we decided from their extensive menu. I ordered their zuppa di zucca and my co-worker got a shellfish linguine. We were both very pleased with our items and the waitress even helped us decide on a red wine to go with our meal. Their wine list is exclusively Italian and American wines. Once we were done with our meal, we were going to stop for dessert at one of the bakeries near by, however, we were brought out some small pieces of tiramisu on the house! Probably some of the best tiramisu I have had and a perfect way to finish off our meal. I would definitely come back here.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 10/19/2014The feste regionale are very interesting, and the souvenirs are an incentive. Pity there's only one Il Fornaio on the East Coast, and it's in Reston, VA, not that convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherDined on 10/19/2014We had brunch on a Sunday. The food presentation was good but honestly the expected flavor was missing. I had crab cakes with poached eggs on a bed of spinach and it was not particularly flavorful...not objectionable but just not tasty. The service was good and they were baby friendly as we took our Grand twins.
- Great ItalianMarkDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant. The food and the service is perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey for Too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Wasn't at all impressed with the food selection and quantity offered for the price. Will not be going back. The dish I ordered turned out to be quite bland.
- Rough night for Il FornaioHellercaneVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have been dining at locations all over the U S for ten years. This was my first bad experience. the restaurant was full of groups and the noise was unacceptable. It took us over 45 minutes to get any appetizers and the service was slow all night. This impression was so unfavorable that I felt compelled to share so others' important business meals are not impacted. It was a bad night in Restin.Special Features:
- Good food but long waitJanetDined on 10/14/2014Went with a work group and had a reservation forb12. The food was good but it took far to long to hace orders taken etc. I also wish there were more options on the appetizer list. Overall i eould go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday SupperTravelingMomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner was excellent!! Visiting from out of town for a soccer tournament and found this gem on OpenTable. Definitely go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/12 DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food and service was excellent! However, towards the end of dinner there was a large group, around 15 or so middle school aged girls who we're seated at the end of the dining room. There we're many families dinning and the children we're rude and loud. We would have stayed longer except my party of 4 could not talk to each other as these children became increasingly loud me we could no longer hear one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againDCFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014I'd been once for a business lunch, so we tried this for a party of 6 for a wedding anniversary dinner and it was horrible. First, the service was way rushed and we had to slow them down. Second, and more importantly, the food was way below expectations. My wife's seafood pasta was nothing different than you could make at home (ours is better!), my lamb chops were rubbery and tasteless, the potenta appetizer/side just looked plain nasty, and the short ribs my son had looked very unappetizing and you couldn't even cut them (and short ribs are supposed to fall off the bone!). We walked out completely bummed we wasted that much money. And, although they don't have to, they didn't even give us an annniversary wish or complementary dessert.
- The Food Was FantasticDelorisDined on 10/12/2014The food tasted wonderful and served very attractively; service was fast, and the dining atmosphere was very warm, attractive, and inviting. It was a wonderful dining experience for me and my family.Special Features:
- Not my favorite ItalianItaliangrlDined on 10/11/2014Service was great but the restaurant was to noisy and cramped. The food was decent but everything tasted kind of off. Not bad but not amazing, and too expensive for the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and foodMarkDined on 10/11/2014This is my go to Italian restaurant in Virginia. It's very cosy and classy, however, many times you can just show up and they will be able to fit you into a table. The food and Service is great. The bar drinks and Linguini with seafood is exelentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mixed seafood grillsmhausDined on 10/11/2014Good lunch/brunch specials. I really liked the mixed seafood grillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findNeveragainDined on 10/10/2014For a chain I felt the food was good. It had a nice atmosphere & the device was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Il Fornaio....MaryVIPDined on 10/8/2014They are consistent with their dishes, lunch or dinner the food is amazing......Special Features:
- Fresh PastaSweetLifeDined on 10/6/2014There is nothing like the taste and texture of fresh pasta served Al dente. The half Moon shaped pasta filled with Italian sausage was a gastronomic delight. I have been looking for an Italian restaurant in Va to replace my favorites in NY since I left 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure I have found it. Hard to believe it is a franchise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!MarkDined on 10/6/2014My wife's birthday was this week, and we wanted something memorable to share with friends. Il Fornaio is that memory! Going back 7 years, we first came here for luncheon... and returned over and over with both set of our parents and many of our good friends. Every course at our dinner this week was remarkable, and each of us had something different at each course. My salmon fillet was divine and the rack of lamb was succulent. they hospitality and gestures throughout the meal that made it so great. You almost feel as though you are in an Italian home. The whole staff made certain that we felt at home and enjoyed our special occasion. we'll be back!Special Features:
- High ExpectationsDisapointedDined on 10/5/2014My first visit here. The bread basket was disapointing. The bread seemed like it was left from the night before, it was stale. The entree came whole I was eating my appetizer. The service was very good, but server should make sure that there is time between courses.
- Just okaynychickDined on 10/3/2014The atmosphere was nice but pretty loud. The food was just okay, everything seemed bland. The service was fine and everyone seemed very pleasant.
- Great RestaurantMarkDined on 10/3/2014I had an amazing experience at Il Fornaio it is just gorgeously decorated: the interior is elegant and classy but comfortable enough that you can kick back and relax with friends. The servers are lovely and very knowledgeable about wines and are very accommodating about any requests you have. Five stars just for service alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!HforisDined on 9/26/2014We went to Il Fornaio to celebrate my mom's birthday. The service and food were excellent. They even invited my kid's to the chef station to make their own pizzas. This was a big hit and fun way to start the night. Thanks for making the dinner so enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance Fantastic - Food EhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014I was really excited to go here but unfortunately I don't think I will be returning anytime soon. The ambiance, service, general environment were all great. However, the food was nothing impressive and way overpriced for the quality. I could have done better at home. However, if I do go back, I will probably try the bar as it looked very cool and inviting. Also - they do have a wonderful wine selection!Special Features:
- Great italian foodNoPieforThanksgivingDined on 9/20/2014the food was excellent, more truly italian then many italian restaurants in the area. Being there for my birthday they even gave me a complimentary dessert, an esquisite tiramisu'. The ambiance was relaxing with soft lighting and sound. The rasberry martini was wonderful. I had risotto with shrimp and mushroom and it was superb! A just right portion with awesome flaver.Special Features:
- (Not) for Special OccasionWhats4SupperDined on 9/17/2014I was disappointed that a restaurant that likes to consider itself a place to go for special occasions was able to get the special request on the reservation (a quiet table for a birthday-they sat us next to the front door), food (the chicken was overly salted and very dry - it was like it had been under a heat lamp for over 30 min), AND service (they couldn't describe or recommend any of the dishes) so wrong . I had been there before and had decent pasta meals, but did not want pasta, so I ordered the stuffed chicken special. I could only eat half of it. They did offer a free dessert, which I appreciated. I expected better quality and service. The Macaroni Grill may not have the ambiance, but the entrees and service are better.Special Features:
- Great ItalianFamilyof3VIPDined on 9/12/2014Always our go to for Italian and great service! We did not like the lobster bisque which tasted too much like fish soup but they quickly took it back and gave us dessert on the house. Manager came by two times to make sure we were happy and they always do. Fantastic salad and dinner!!Special Features:
- Lovely spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Easily accommodated our group of 10. Tried the french toast and omelette. Both were very good. Wait staff was very friendly and prices were reasonable for good food and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedbigguyDined on 9/6/2014Welcome,food and service are superb at Il Forrnaio in Reston, VA. We've been here with large family group, friends and just ourselves and we have never had a bad experience. I heartily recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family--don't miss it!Special Features:
- First bad experiencezanexecVIPDined on 9/5/2014Took clients to dinner on Friday night and was very disappointed. The waiter was too rushed and the place was crowded. Not enough attention to detail, wine glasses left on the table, forgetting silverware, no spoon with gelato, etc. But the worst was the kitchen....my meal came not as I ordered, but burnt and inedible. Pastas for some of the guests were fine, but lacked again attention to the small things that make this restaurant a nice place to visit.Special Features:
- A Perfect OutingSueBooDined on 9/3/2014We have been fans of the Il Fornaio restaurants from San Francisco to San Jose, and now Reston. Very authentic Italian menu, beautiful breads, and great events - including seasonal, celebratory and cooking classes! But we just wanted a nice, quiet evening with good food and good service and that's what we got on a balmy night, sitting outside at Il Fornaio Reston (because it can get a little noisy inside)! We chose the Three Course Prix Fixe Meal and the Three Wine flight and couldn't fault it. Added to superb service it is one of our faves.Special Features:
- Off NightTAB1115VIPDined on 9/1/2014This must have been an off night for them because we have a had a good experience in the past. There weren't many people in the restaurant at all but the service was ridiculously slow. Food was mediocre at best. It was like the staff was unhappy to be there on a slow night. I will think twice before going back now.Special Features:
- CathyDined on 9/1/2014Great food as always... wonderful service. Wine list could be enhanced.Special Features:
- Good location and ambianceTeresaDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our lunch, the service was excellent and the food very tasty. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- way too fastdisappointedDined on 8/28/2014I was very disappointed in Il Fornaio this time (we had been there before). We had selected it as a midway point to meet two people from out of town, one of whom we were meeting for the first time. As a result, I had asked for a table where we could talk in the hope we could sit and enjoy our conversation during and after dinner. Ironically, the restaurant was less crowded and thus quieter than usual, so we would have been able to talk. The problem was that we were hurried through our meal. The first course came immediately and the second course came while I was still eating my first course (the others had just finished). We felt rushed so we ate quickly and left. This is not the experience we had expected when we selected Il Fornaio.
- DisappointedFussyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Il Fornaio is one of our favorite local restaurants and we go often. This time we took advantage of the happy hour menu, and sitting outside on a lovely summer evening. All of the appetizers were great, as usual. We ordered the personal pizzas for our entree. Not up to par. Doughy crust. Toppings not melted through. Our waitress had to be asked or reminder for everything. Again not typical, but I thought it was worth noting since consistency is important if we are to continue to be regular diners.Special Features:
- Great food and placefoodloverDined on 8/26/2014I had a business lunch at 1pm on Sept. 26th and the food was excellent. The service was average only because our very kind waitress only checked-in on us a few times. The most annoying part was one of the chefs banging on something quite loudly (apparently prepping/chopping something) for more than 20 minutes which really disrupted our lunch. Hopefully that was a rare occasion because otherwise the food and atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:
- IL Fornaio deliversLove2eatDined on 8/23/2014We found this place checking the Il Fornaio's website to see if they had expanded farther west than NV. We were delighted to find that it had opened in VA and found that it maintained the high quality we were used to. We can claim now to have eaten at all their restaurants in CA, NV and VA! The service is outstanding and their Italian fare has become comfort food to us as it bring us great memories of our years in CA. Even though we are watching our weight, we had a three-meal course. How can't you not? Everything in the menu is irresistible. I hope they will bring back the rabbit with pancetta and the Valentino desert. They are oldies, but they are good.Special Features: