Il Fornaio - Reston
11990 Market Street
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (703) 437-5544
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am; Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roberto Gerbino
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Reston
In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from a wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. The first two weeks of each month a special menu from a different region of Italy is featured as part of Festa Regionale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)good for groups (69)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (56)romantic (50)notable wine list (50)great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (25)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (19)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Very impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Came here to celebrate a friend's visit and am thoroughly impressed! The decor, the ambience, our server were all great! I ordered the Linguine marechiaro (linguine + mix sea food + tomato sauce) and was immensely satisfied! We shared the cappellacci di zucca which was also amazing. The dessert however, knocked our socks off! We ordered the torsion al al limone at the recommendation of our server and now know what heaven tastes like! We also shared the cannoli, but the tortino was by far the best! Plenty of parking in the underground garageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh no. You can do better.RickGreatFallsVIPDined on 11/19/2014This was a very disappointing experience from the moment we walked in last night. We booked our 13th wedding anniversary dinner here, because me wife wanted a good italian meal. What a mistake! A disappointing evening for us on a very special night. If I sound a little bitter, it's because this place sadly really was a HUGE disappointment.
- lreviewDined on 11/18/2014The food was ok and could have been hotter when served The waiter was very good especially since he had a table of nine to serve. The room was SOOOO terribly noisy you could not hear yourself. Too many people for such a small space. At least four or five tables of ten or more people. Very in-conducive to conversation. Things on the menu are unclear a half order of squash ravioli is three or four? a full order came with six?? so if you pay less you only get three? And when ordering a cannolli It does not say you are getting four small bite size cannoli almost $2 dollars a piece..crazy One large cannoli is what is described but not stated as four small ones.. It would help if these items were described more clearly so you don't have to keep quizzing the waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid placelivie37Dined on 11/16/2014Great place in a random location! Good, solid food. Definitely not the best, but good given the options in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. pleasant service a bit slow.vtalanDined on 11/16/2014Server was not extremely knowledgeable of menu. Was busy with scattered tables. Took a while to get the check. Friends visiting had to leave and waited a bit. Foods delicious a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wife gives two thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014First things first, always make reservations when you go to this restaurant! The ambiance of this restaurant is romantic, and will make you look good when you take your wife/girlfriend there. They have an outstanding menu to choose from, and the wife gives it two thumbs (that's saying a lot!). Now for the best part, they have very reasonable prices for the quality of food they're serving, they won't shake you upside down, and sweep up all your change out your pocket. And lastly, the staff, managers, and cooks all deserve a five star rating, they go out their way, to give you a five star treatment! You won't be disappointed with this restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodErg123Dined on 11/12/2014Overall, good! I Was impressed with the atmosphere and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014The veal was amazing, and we loved the desserts and wine! The waiter was friendly and helpful. This is one of our Reston favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkDined on 11/8/2014This is a fantastic, authentic Italian restaurant with a neighborhood feel and outstanding food. Pasta with broccoli and chicken is unique and delicious. The Ambience is lively and vibrant. Feel like you're in Italy. The drinks are exelent, and the service is fantasticI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funFoodieLoveVIPDined on 11/7/2014I love this restaurant, it is always great for groups at happy hour. Food is great and drinks are reasonable. Highly recommend. :)Special Features:
- ExcellentTmo2013VIPDined on 11/6/2014service and food were just excellent. I will go back there for sure. Ideal to celebrate with your team.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsDaughterVIPDined on 11/1/2014Il Fornio's interior is lovely, warm and inviting with muted light and dark wood. My salad with pear and faro was excellent as was the caprese, but the Ceasar was just so so. The risotto was fabulous, but the agnolotti with truffle butter was bland and disappointing. It should have been awesome. Bread is wonderful as was the service. I would probably go back but order differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delishNAVYRN2VIPDined on 10/28/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in this area. Service is impeccable. Wine list is notable. Warm and delicious bread. Awesome veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!lansdowne6Dined on 10/25/2014Went there with friends on a Saturday evening. Lovely restaurant, food was terrific and loved the bread and dessert! Definitely will go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service/food/ambianceangela1007Dined on 10/24/2014overall a great experience for my group of 8. all food/service/ambiance was great. Definitely recommend and will return. no complaints! be careful to read all the parking specifications/rules around reston town center so you're not towed or fined or something!Special Features:
- Service fit for a KingnjoydiningoutVIPDined on 10/21/2014The service in this restaurant is AWESOME!!! I have never had a bad experience. The host / servers are friendly, courteous and knowledgeable of the menu and wine pairings. Great place to meet up with friends & family all year long.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantMarkDined on 10/21/2014Upon being sat down, our waitress brought us some yummy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar. This kept the blood sugar up until we decided from their extensive menu. I ordered their zuppa di zucca and my co-worker got a shellfish linguine. We were both very pleased with our items and the waitress even helped us decide on a red wine to go with our meal. Their wine list is exclusively Italian and American wines. Once we were done with our meal, we were going to stop for dessert at one of the bakeries near by, however, we were brought out some small pieces of tiramisu on the house! Probably some of the best tiramisu I have had and a perfect way to finish off our meal. I would definitely come back here.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 10/19/2014The feste regionale are very interesting, and the souvenirs are an incentive. Pity there's only one Il Fornaio on the East Coast, and it's in Reston, VA, not that convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherDined on 10/19/2014We had brunch on a Sunday. The food presentation was good but honestly the expected flavor was missing. I had crab cakes with poached eggs on a bed of spinach and it was not particularly flavorful...not objectionable but just not tasty. The service was good and they were baby friendly as we took our Grand twins.
- Great ItalianMarkDined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant. The food and the service is perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey for Too littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Wasn't at all impressed with the food selection and quantity offered for the price. Will not be going back. The dish I ordered turned out to be quite bland.
- Rough night for Il FornaioHellercaneVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have been dining at locations all over the U S for ten years. This was my first bad experience. the restaurant was full of groups and the noise was unacceptable. It took us over 45 minutes to get any appetizers and the service was slow all night. This impression was so unfavorable that I felt compelled to share so others' important business meals are not impacted. It was a bad night in Restin.Special Features:
- Good food but long waitJanetDined on 10/14/2014Went with a work group and had a reservation forb12. The food was good but it took far to long to hace orders taken etc. I also wish there were more options on the appetizer list. Overall i eould go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday SupperTravelingMomVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner was excellent!! Visiting from out of town for a soccer tournament and found this gem on OpenTable. Definitely go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/12 DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food and service was excellent! However, towards the end of dinner there was a large group, around 15 or so middle school aged girls who we're seated at the end of the dining room. There we're many families dinning and the children we're rude and loud. We would have stayed longer except my party of 4 could not talk to each other as these children became increasingly loud me we could no longer hear one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againDCFoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014I'd been once for a business lunch, so we tried this for a party of 6 for a wedding anniversary dinner and it was horrible. First, the service was way rushed and we had to slow them down. Second, and more importantly, the food was way below expectations. My wife's seafood pasta was nothing different than you could make at home (ours is better!), my lamb chops were rubbery and tasteless, the potenta appetizer/side just looked plain nasty, and the short ribs my son had looked very unappetizing and you couldn't even cut them (and short ribs are supposed to fall off the bone!). We walked out completely bummed we wasted that much money. And, although they don't have to, they didn't even give us an annniversary wish or complementary dessert.
- The Food Was FantasticDelorisDined on 10/12/2014The food tasted wonderful and served very attractively; service was fast, and the dining atmosphere was very warm, attractive, and inviting. It was a wonderful dining experience for me and my family.Special Features:
- Not my favorite ItalianItaliangrlDined on 10/11/2014Service was great but the restaurant was to noisy and cramped. The food was decent but everything tasted kind of off. Not bad but not amazing, and too expensive for the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and foodMarkDined on 10/11/2014This is my go to Italian restaurant in Virginia. It's very cosy and classy, however, many times you can just show up and they will be able to fit you into a table. The food and Service is great. The bar drinks and Linguini with seafood is exelentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mixed seafood grillsmhausDined on 10/11/2014Good lunch/brunch specials. I really liked the mixed seafood grillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findNeveragainDined on 10/10/2014For a chain I felt the food was good. It had a nice atmosphere & the device was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Il Fornaio....MaryVIPDined on 10/8/2014They are consistent with their dishes, lunch or dinner the food is amazing......Special Features:
- Fresh PastaSweetLifeDined on 10/6/2014There is nothing like the taste and texture of fresh pasta served Al dente. The half Moon shaped pasta filled with Italian sausage was a gastronomic delight. I have been looking for an Italian restaurant in Va to replace my favorites in NY since I left 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure I have found it. Hard to believe it is a franchise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!MarkDined on 10/6/2014My wife's birthday was this week, and we wanted something memorable to share with friends. Il Fornaio is that memory! Going back 7 years, we first came here for luncheon... and returned over and over with both set of our parents and many of our good friends. Every course at our dinner this week was remarkable, and each of us had something different at each course. My salmon fillet was divine and the rack of lamb was succulent. they hospitality and gestures throughout the meal that made it so great. You almost feel as though you are in an Italian home. The whole staff made certain that we felt at home and enjoyed our special occasion. we'll be back!Special Features:
- High ExpectationsDisapointedDined on 10/5/2014My first visit here. The bread basket was disapointing. The bread seemed like it was left from the night before, it was stale. The entree came whole I was eating my appetizer. The service was very good, but server should make sure that there is time between courses.
- Just okaynychickDined on 10/3/2014The atmosphere was nice but pretty loud. The food was just okay, everything seemed bland. The service was fine and everyone seemed very pleasant.
- Great RestaurantMarkDined on 10/3/2014I had an amazing experience at Il Fornaio it is just gorgeously decorated: the interior is elegant and classy but comfortable enough that you can kick back and relax with friends. The servers are lovely and very knowledgeable about wines and are very accommodating about any requests you have. Five stars just for service alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!HforisDined on 9/26/2014We went to Il Fornaio to celebrate my mom's birthday. The service and food were excellent. They even invited my kid's to the chef station to make their own pizzas. This was a big hit and fun way to start the night. Thanks for making the dinner so enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance Fantastic - Food EhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014I was really excited to go here but unfortunately I don't think I will be returning anytime soon. The ambiance, service, general environment were all great. However, the food was nothing impressive and way overpriced for the quality. I could have done better at home. However, if I do go back, I will probably try the bar as it looked very cool and inviting. Also - they do have a wonderful wine selection!Special Features:
- Great italian foodNoPieforThanksgivingDined on 9/20/2014the food was excellent, more truly italian then many italian restaurants in the area. Being there for my birthday they even gave me a complimentary dessert, an esquisite tiramisu'. The ambiance was relaxing with soft lighting and sound. The rasberry martini was wonderful. I had risotto with shrimp and mushroom and it was superb! A just right portion with awesome flaver.Special Features: