Il Fornaio - Irvine
18051 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (949) 261-1444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday, 11:30am - 4:00pm. Sunday, closed. Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Burt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for business, personal or holiday events. Please call the Event Coordinator to arrange.
A word from Il Fornaio - Irvine
Step inside Il Fornaio and take a culinary journey through Italy. Early mornings bring rustic, crisp crusted bread hot from the oven accompanied by the scent of fresh brewed espresso. During lunch and dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while meats and vegetables roast over hot coals. Bottles of wine from small, regional wineries are uncorked to complement the dishes, which have been crafted in the custom of Italy's chefs, bakers and homemakers. Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (28)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Consistent and AuthenticBaroloBillDined on 11/19/2014Always can depend on Il Fornaio for authenticity, quality of food and preparation, and a stunningly beautiful facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First classOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Wonderful food and professional, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Beautiful AtmosphereSLCBVIPDined on 11/18/2014Il Fornaio is the perfect restaurant for exploring new authentic Italian dishes. I try different menu items each time that I go and am never disappointed. The atmosphere is beautiful yet comfortable whether you dine inside the restaurant or on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graet Place to Sample regional SpecialtiesGardaGalDined on 11/14/2014I go to Il Fornaio at least once a month. I do like the ambience very much. The staff is very nice. The food is always consistently good. There are many opportunities to try new wines, cheeses, appetizers and desserts. On this visit I had the polenta appetizer that was very filling. But I also added a salad because Il Fornaio salads are always fresh and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ambiance!HappyBrianDined on 11/3/2014The reason why I really like this restaurant is because the ambiance mostly... I love the high-celling, which looks very European ^.^Special Features:
- Delicious lunch menuRustyDined on 10/28/2014We had the best lunch with excellent service and a lovely complimentary tiramous for a birthday celebration. Both our meals were fantastic.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dning ExperienceGasconyKidDined on 10/27/2014Superb food and unique décor; a genuine Mediterranean feel to the whole dining experience. Service was above average, and on the whole, I would judge this restaurant to be above average in value; comparable to "Flemings" and other fine establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotentialPotentialDined on 10/22/2014The experience from parking to the ambiance of Il Fornaio was perfect. I felt like the service staff was rushed even though the restaurant was hardly overly busy at 11:30 AM. Our service while nice seemed to just be going through the motions with little patience. This is my 3rd time dining there because of it's location to my customers but I will be trying out others with similar ratings and pricing in the future. My food looked beautiful but was flavorless. I had the ahi tuna entrée, but again... it wasn't very good and I ate very little.
- A Real GemShorner49Dined on 10/19/2014Il Fornaio in Irvine provided an evening for me that I will never forget. My five friends and I were treated like royalty. We enjoyed our evening of fine foods, wine, and (my favorite) dessert. The restaurant is beautiful, and the service was impeccable. We never had to ask for our beverages to be refilled, more bread in our bread basket, or for our plates to be removed. They performed all this seamlessly, without interrupting the flow of our conversation. Thank you, Il Fornaio!Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining AdventureSLCBVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our dinner at Il Fornaio was sensational! Our server Mariano was excellent, the food fantastic and the atmosphere was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014extremely noise. air conditions cooled off food before you can eaty. food not served well
- Il Fornaio Festa RegionaleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014We have participated in the Festa Regionale for many years and have had wonderful food and service every time. Of course, the special plates at the end of the 6 month festa are always looked forward to as well as the "thank you" dinner for those who participated. Thumbs up all around, Il Fornaio. Well, we would love the win the trip to Italy and that hasn't happened. Oh well.Special Features:
- My only complaint.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014there are too many great choices! I will be back repeatedly!Special Features:
- Very pleased with Il FornaioThinkingmanDined on 10/2/2014Great place for a small business meeting! We met in a small room off the kitchen. Every aspect of our dining experience there was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brentandterryVIPDined on 9/28/2014Our family loves this place for special occasions! We really enjoy playing bocce ball before dinner! Our server was Fernando and he was wonderful, attentive, helpful and made the evening even more special!Special Features:
- A gem in IrvinedaliguyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Never had a bad meal.Great food. Can be a little loud. Won't stop me from coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointedmomof8Dined on 9/20/2014We have been there with large parties many times, so decided to give it a try for my Birthday before the theater. I made reservations weeks in advance and received an email reminder, they couldn't find my reservation. The hostess in charge was not friendly, also the hostess that sat us was rude and would only sit us at a 2 top even though we were eating early and had many open tables. The waiter was not at all friendly, just took our order in a hurry and spent most of his time chatting to other employees. The food is always good, but the caesar salad wilted. Waiter never asked how our meal was, but the manager did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch!LagunaDinerDined on 9/20/2014Nice and quiet on a Saturday afternoon. Light and bright atmosphere!Special Features:
- In business District90210babyVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is in a business district and it's probably better for lunch than dinner, the service was good, the girl who was the hostess was pretty stuck up and had it just seemed like she felt like she was above the job, no smile. Other than that there wa a group of 4 sitting next to us who were obviously drunk and so loud and unfortunately no one ever asked them to try to keep it down a little.Special Features:
- Love Il FornaioItalian1Dined on 9/17/2014I enjoy dining at this great restaurant. The food is magnificent, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is great. Love the patio for a quieter evening. Location is wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous!SLCBVIPDined on 9/13/2014Il Fornaio is such a great place! Food, service and ambiance are all top notch. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BEST Irvine Restaurants!BLISSfuldinerDined on 9/12/2014I have been dining at this restaurant for over 20 years, and it just keeps getting better and better! . . . with its high ceiling and open kitchen/airy environment, this is truly a timeless/ageless modern classic - and, by that, I mean, while it has truly been an Irvine fixture for several decades, it looks just as modern and ageless as when it opened. The owners and staff are like family, and are always friendly and courteous. All ingredients are imported from Italy, and their Italian regional specialties each month are always pleasantly surprising and keep the selection variety fresh . . . all in all, my FAVORITE restaurant, by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale ItalianDoubleMealDadDined on 9/10/2014Had a pasta bolognese that was very well prepared and a fantastic bottle of wine. Found out this is a chain in California and now look for these restaurants when I travel to Cali.Special Features:
- Took my daughter for special bdayCasamorataDined on 9/9/2014My daughter Isabella had never been to Il Fornaio before and she was greeted my Hostess and enjoyed the attention she received on her 9th bday dinner with daddySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downward trend...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/5/2014I get to this restaurant a few times a year (I live on the East Coast). It has always been one of my favorites in the area for several years. However, the last few times, the food has been disappointing and it is not matching the caliber of previous years. In the past, the consistency at such a high level has urged me on to try the other "sister" restaurants in this chain. Now, I'm near the end of my "last chances". Service and ambiance remain very high.Special Features:
- Long Term Customers Say a LotBaroloBillDined on 9/2/2014Terrific food, memorable service and a superb facility are one thing, but seeing many of the same people time after time at the restaurant and finding out that they have been "regulars" like us for over 20 years says a lot about consistency and quality of the overall experience. Amazing that a multi-location operation can have a unique identity for each of its restaurants that has local appeal like this.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014As always, our meal was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:
- FSUJennVIPDined on 8/26/2014It was quick, which is good for a business lunch but the food was only ok, I've for sure had better Italian. I would return because of convenience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodHopeDined on 8/25/2014We have never been disappointed in taking someone to Il Fornaio. The food is always excellent, service is good, and it feels like you are in a special place away from the office buildings surrounding the restaurant. In this case we took a visiting Sales Manager from Chicago, and he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We requested a private table to celebrate a retirement. Everything was perfect and we had a special last lunch with our boss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunchReedoDined on 8/19/2014Excellent location, great service and food. Our business lunch was a huge success.Special Features:
- DisappointedsummgalDined on 8/16/2014We have eaten here many times and our experiences have been lovely... sometimes the food is exquisite. This time we were disappointed. The server was a little off, the food was greasy and cold, and there was a lot of push to upsell, from the moment we sat down through dessert. We'll go again just to see if this one time was a fluke, but can't recommend right now.
- Very Enjoyed ItTIGERZDined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent, food was terrific. Will come again. Went later on in the day around 730 on a friday and it wasn't packed at all.Special Features:
- Needs service upgradeJosh1kVIPDined on 8/2/2014Good food and décor but the meal was almost ruined by slow inattentive service. The server seemed to be everywhere but at our table.Special Features:
- Great TimeTomMDined on 8/1/2014Went to Il Fornaio with my wife and two kids (age 17 & 10). Had a great time. Service was attentive but not disruptive, good suggestions on food and drink. We ate in the ceter of the restaurant which has a dome that can be retracted in warm wether. It was a very nice touch.Special Features:
- A ChainFiveStarRPMDined on 7/23/2014Average Chain Restaurant. Looking for 50 character but it was average
- The following 1208 reviews are from the Il Fornaio - Irvine reviews archive.
- Always a great choice.BryzenDined on 7/21/2014My parents introduced Il Fornaio to me years ago. Although they've retired back east, it's still their all time favorite. It's also a standard favorite for me. Everything is "just right" here from the food to the warm atmosphere. I would highly recommend Il Fornaio to anyone. One stop and you'll clearly understand why this place has enjoyed it longevity in our community.Special Features:
- Good Italian EateryJoannajVIPDined on 7/18/2014We came here for a business lunch recently. Service was okay not as attentive as I remember it to be. Had to ask for water/tea refills. Caprese salad always a big hit. Tried a shell and chicken pasta with broccoli and sundried tomatoes. It had a very strong flavor in a somewhat almost chinese like flavored sauce. I would not order again. Prices are a bit high and would not run back for lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent food/staff/ambienceOCFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Fantastic, polite, attentive, cheerful service staff. Food beautifully presented, fresh, full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1432Dined on 7/15/2014Wonderful environment with reasonalbly priced dishes. Food is amazing. Highly recommend for couples, groups and buisness gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.