Il Fornaio - Greenwood Village
8000 East Belleview Avenue
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Greenwood Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 3032218400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Benji Macias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brunch is served on Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving
A word from Il Fornaio - Greenwood Village
Il Fornaio’s award-winning authentic Italian cuisine is a favorite in Greenwood Village. Specialties include housemade pastas, wood-fired pizza, grilled fish, authentic risotto, rotisserie meats and fresh artisan breads. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Il Fornaio - Greenwood Village - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Il Fornaio - Greenwood Village reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (48)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (35)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (28)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, fine food, grest atmosphere. Seated immediately although was early for reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality I expectedFrankDined on 8/28/2014I appears that this Il Fornaio is going the way of the previous Il Fornaio's in Denver. At one it they were the best, at least in food, but now this restaurant has seemed to lose its edge.
- Poor table locationbuffDined on 8/27/2014We had reservations and had to wait for several minutes because they didn't have menus. Then we were placed at a table for two right between two other tables which gave us no privacy at all. Not really what we hoped for.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a very good dining experience during Restaraunt Week. The waiter made an excellent wine recommendation, main courses were very good and chocolate mousse was fantastic. Will definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and good ambienceluv2exploreDined on 8/22/2014Staff and ambience was very nice but food was over priced and very plain.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014It was dinner time and we were shoved in a two person tiny (short) cocktail table and it seemed like the server section was cut and they were responsible for more tables than usual. The salad was forgotten for our table (Dinner arrived first) as the manager took care of the mistake however just little things were "off." Refills needed to be asked for. Water refills especially. Didn't offer appetizers (although we ordered them anyway)... It could have been a better night for the server in regard to more booze being sold but she didn't work for it and/or try to increase the bill at the end of the night. I'd go back but hope that it's better.
- MageeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Il F. serves outstanding food at reasonable prices. They are always willing to customize your meal. The bread is freshly baked and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!parkerdinerDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dining experience here for our Anniversary. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicestaci126Dined on 8/16/2014Accommodates both meat eater and vegan. Servers are wonderful, there when you need them, not when you don't. Food is do good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightCaccyDined on 8/15/2014Celebrated our anniversary there. Food and service were great! We had been to an Il Fornaio in CA years ago and loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!BMooreDined on 8/15/2014It was wonderful and I had the salad that has Ahi Tuna in it and I loved it!!Best salad ever! Great for meetings and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Top NotchAmazing4DinnerDined on 8/13/2014Il Fornaio takes their concept, idea, specialty and service to meet YOUR need and to another level compared to any restaurant in the region. They really set the standard and bar very high! They care about the customer, the service is outstanding and they stand out in comparison to any competitor or restaurant in the area for that matter. Their concept, idea and specialty is Italian food and Italian food from different regions of Italy. They do not only meet it but the effort to make you enjoy the difference is very clear. They go way and beyond and make it a wonderful experience. I was there on a first date and they went way and beyond to make it a great, first class experience. I will recommend to visit and I promise you will be amazed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAmgdenvDined on 8/9/2014I have came here a plentiful amount of times, and I have not had a single bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeeTNazzDined on 8/6/2014We had clients fly in for a meeting and had dinner at Il Fornaio - two of us ordered the Sea Bass special and it was great and the other two guests had the Seafood Misto. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- barbieDined on 8/1/2014we received excellant service. The food was really good. A very relaxing meal and a great menu. We will be back and will recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Prices here have gone up in the past few years (as many restaurants have), but service and food quality have been adjusted more than accordingly. If you are looking for authentic Italian food and five star service, look no further. The menu offers a good variety of salads, Italian-style pizzas, unique pastas, items from the grill (rotisserie chicken, seafood, beef), and classics (lasagna, canneloni). he managers have really turned this place around. Service was much more friendly and attentive. Overall, everyone seems more happy. And I also noticed that the restaurant also is much cleaner than in the past - from the restrooms to the side stations and everywhere in between.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBobzDined on 7/26/2014Very nice meal with friendly, attentive service. Not as mobbed as similar places, so much nicer. Can accommodate and work well for whomever/whatever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut above other Italian chainsMakkDined on 7/21/2014I like Macaroni Grill, Carabba's and Maggiano's, but I would put Il Fornaio a cut above those establishments in terms of service, ambience and dining fare. The prices are a bit higher and the portions might be a bit smaller, but the food is worth it. They offer the option of purchasing smaller portions of pasta, so you can sample some and still have room for other dishes. And, of course, the bread at Il Fornaio is worth the visit itself. I finally tried the wood-fired pizza and was not disappointed. Others in my party tried the rosemary chicken -- now that *was* a big portion and several pasta dishes. Every plate was clean except for the chicken we took home. We had the lemon custord for dessert: delicious.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDenverDinerDined on 7/19/2014Very nice restaurant for casual dining and a romantic evening. The wait staff is attentive and they do an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantastic, per usualBTC15VIPDined on 7/19/2014We love coming to Il Fornaio for the all around experience - ambience, decor, and food. The bread is everything you want Italian bread to be and in three different flavors. We love their rotating menu with options for all palates. The open kitchen is a telling part of this restaurant because you can see the ingredients they use. The service this time around was something less than spectacular but it will not keep us from coming back.
- Excellent RestaurantJLPartyDined on 7/18/2014Food was great. Service was terrific. Very attentive and friendly staff. The monthly regional feast is a great idea. Each month you can enjoy dishes from different regions of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableDnvrdinerDined on 7/17/2014Whenever we are in Denver, we eat at Il Fornaio. The food is excellent, the service fine and ambience comfortable. It is convenient to our hotel with ample parking. This time we were celebrating a special occasion and were treated to a complimentary desert. This was a nice touch. Next time in Denver we will return.Special Features:
- DiningdivasDined on 7/17/2014Our party of eight were thrilled with the food, atmosphere , and attentive service. We had cocktails & appetizers in the bar area that also was exceptional! It was perfection ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always spectacular!qoessrDined on 7/10/2014The menu and service are always consistent. The patio is covered and a great hide away from the middle of the day.Special Features:
- Disappointing3FoodiesVIPDined on 7/9/2014We do Regional every month. Ravioli was great but risotto was big disappointment. Undercooked, chicken was dry, rice lumpy not creamy and asparagus was almost raw. Ordinarily they do a good job on risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outLunchieDined on 7/9/2014Family reunion, three generations. Asked for quite place to sit and they gave us a table in the back room Service was great.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinnerRichardDined on 7/3/2014This Restaurant is the real deal. Much like you would find in Florence, Sorrento, Lucca or well you get the idea! Great, authentic food from the bread onward. I did enjoy it. RichardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like having lunch in ItalyBabaloniaVIPDined on 6/28/2014We were in Italy last fall for two weeks and when we had lunch here, we felt as though we were back in Italy. We had lunch outside on the patio, had salads and split a pizza. It was wonderful! The salads were tasty and light and the pizza was hot out of the pizza oven. The wait staff was attentive, but not obtrusive. A friend told us about this restaurant and we're so glad we tried it. We'll be going back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Flygirl555Dined on 6/27/2014Went here for lunch for a business meeting. The food looked like it fell off the pages of a magazine and the taste matched. Everything was delicious. The waiter picked up on our queues and gave us the privacy we requested. Thank you!Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodieNwineDined on 6/26/2014Food was excellent. Our waiter was a little slow in the beginning but pick it up and turned out to be pretty good. Highly recommend dinning here. Love the one in Walnut Creek and Irvine, CA also. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy incredible food. Can't recommend it enough!! Ps. Bread is great but bread stick are to die forSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Al Fresco Italian DiningDenverSnowbirdDined on 6/26/2014We enjoyed a terrific dinner on the outdoor patio earlier this week. The ambiance was perfect, and the food and service were very good. We shared a Caesar salad, and both of us enjoyed the seafood pasta dish (shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams in a delightful red sauce over spaghetti). The wine list was extensive, and wine by the glass was reasonably priced. The service was great and attentive, without being intrusive. All in all, a good value, and we wil definitely return.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014My first time here. My friend took me for my birthday - and we will be going back in July for hers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rarely DisappointsjrabagliaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Another dinner for four at this restaurant that we have been patronizing for over 10 years in whcih all were quite pleased. Il Fornaio had been in a bit of a slump over the past year or so but the new manager seems to have righted the ship.Special Features:
- Great for Business LuncheseatoutalotVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is a regular on my rotation for business lunch meetings. Great food and location.Special Features:
- Great Meal at Il FornaioHappyDinerDined on 6/15/2014Have loved Il Fornaio for years in it's other locations and was pleased to get to go there again at the Denver Tech Center - Wish they were still in other places in Denver !!Special Features:
- It was OKAYDoraDined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Father's Day and had dinner at Il Fornaio. Service was excellent but the food not so much, especially for the price. Macaroni Grill is much better and the price is more reasonable. I probably won't be coming back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Second trip back in a month. Love the special menu with the region of Italy they are exploring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eve pre Fathers day dinnerDenverDinerVIPDined on 6/14/2014We tried the tasting menu for Sicilia and were very pleased with the food. The tomato appetizer was excellent and the wine flight with dinner was good too. We had very slow service-had to get our own water from the bar as we waited more than 10 minutes for it and our espresso after dinner sat at the bar for 10 minutes before it was brought to the table lukewarm. Perhaps it was due to a big party in one of the private rooms. We hope the service improves as this place is a usually consistently good in food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ItalyfanDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful meals, service and ambience! From our welcome at the front door to our dessert cart presentation, the service was excellent! Herman was an exceptional, professional and friendly waiter. Loved our whole experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced food.CeeGeeDined on 6/10/2014The restaurant was the choice of a friend celebrating her birthday so I obliged. Having eaten in many fine Italian restaurants, including many throughout the US and Italy, I would say that at best the Italian food served here is mediocre. Even the leftovers I shared with a friend of German heritage described the pasta dish as "not having much taste." When the bill for three people eating lunch, with no alcoholic beverages came to almost $90.00, I was stunned to say the least. Just because a place puts table cloths on the tables, I don't believe it gives it the right gouge customers with its prices. I will not be frequenting this place again.