Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
8000 East Belleview Avenue
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 3032218400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Benji Macias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brunch is served on Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving
A word from Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
Il Fornaio’s award-winning authentic Italian cuisine is a favorite in Greenwood Village. Specialties include housemade pastas, wood-fired pizza, grilled fish, authentic risotto, rotisserie meats and fresh artisan breads. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (41)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (19)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great atmosphere, food okayCastleRockDinerDined on 10/22/2014I have had some great meals here, but this time it was only adequate. The atmosphere is nice for a date - casually upscale and relatively quiet - and sometimes the food is quite good, so I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good lunch.MakkDined on 10/20/2014Repeat customer who took a friend who used to enjoy the Lodo Il Fornaio. The lunch specials didn't disappoint. Service was prompt, courteous, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I'll be back to enjoy the Il Fornaio experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotrobyattVIPDined on 10/11/2014great food and the service from Beth was outstanding! She put up with our noise and banter, with a great smile and we were for want of nothing!Special Features:
- Late dinner on a Tuesday nightDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014We made a spur of the moment decision to go out to dinner at 8:15 after a long work day. We had excellent service --food arrived promptly-had excellent wine recommendations from our server and even managed a bit of dessert. The risotto with shrimp was very good as was the sausage pizza.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicecharlesjohnDined on 10/6/2014Good food and great service. We were there for a business dinner and we got a private room with a great server called Jason. Never rushed us and the food menu was excellent!Special Features:
- KathyDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Had to practically yell to the other couple we were with and I had asked for a quiet table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Went with our eleven year old. All was fine. Food was good, service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it but NOT for lunchawrd1Dined on 10/2/2014I love Il Fornaio but would never go again for lunch until they do something about the parking situation. I invited a friend to celebrate her birthday. I happened upon a parking space when someone was pulling out. She drove up and down aisles for a full 10 minutes before finding something. If you were going for a business meeting, you're suddenly late. Why no valet? Love the restaurant but won't put it on the top of my list.Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good. Wine was good. For some reason, our server was in a great big hurry. We had to ask her three different times to give us a few minutes. Our appetizer came out exactly 3 minutes after ordering. We were hoping for a nice and relaxing date night. Appetizer, salad, entree and after dinner coffee/dessert took exactly 40 minutes.Special Features:
- niceItalianbyMarriageDined on 9/20/2014Our 3 pasta dishes were delicious, but the one ny steak entree had no flavor in the meat except for the sauce. Otherwise, nice birthday dinner for my daughter who loves your gluten free pasta with vodka sauce :)Special Features:
- MediocoreJoJoDined on 9/20/2014Good service. Food never better than fair. Does not compare with other area Italian restaurants.
- scott210Dined on 9/16/2014good food and great service. very good for a business lunch or dinner for large groupsSpecial Features:
- ROXIE322Dined on 9/13/2014We had the sea bass, while cooked perfectly, was very bland. We asked for a side of risotto, but after a wait, the server came back to tell us the chef said "no", he did not want to run out. After another wait, we were served cold pasta to go with our cold fish. We had an early, 6:30, reservation. Having eaten here many times, I will chalk it off to a bad night, although at the time it did not seem so busy. My friend had her retirement party here several years ago It may be a while before retuning. Our server was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Pizza was really really good. Pasta bologenese was fabulous. Service was just right balance of info and leave alone time. Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free menu availableTerriODined on 9/9/2014I ate here recently and decided to bring my girls' dinner group here as they have a gluten free menu. We were here on a Tuesday evening, but the staff was too busy to serve us as well as they did the diners around us. They had large parties of individuals and we knew things would be slow, but when they were serving meals to others who had come in after us, we became impatient. Oh well, women dining out? I'll go back, because the food was excellent. I'll just remember to be patient.Special Features:
- Lunch for conversationSnowellenVIPDined on 9/9/2014We asked for table conducive to a private conversation and we were accommodated with no problems. The wait person was kind and responsive. My pizza was a little greasy but my friend's salmon salad and soup were very good.Special Features:
- Best Italian in DenverHananVIPDined on 9/4/2014The chef is one creative person or person The wine list is great and the service is wonderful. I think if you get into early at times for an early supper like 4:30 PM, you will have service that is mediocre. Other than that there are definitely no complaints make sure you try one or two up there desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodstaci126Dined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here several times. This past time the service was a bit slow, but still good. The food was outstanding. We brought two guests and they loved their meal and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not impressiveJfrankdrewDined on 8/29/2014Our first time here. It was a beautiful restraunt and felt romantic, but the food was so-so. Not very flavorful, meat was sparse in the entree, salad was $9 and just some lettuce a couple croutons and some cheese. The did bring us a complimentary dessert (think the manger could tell we weren't impressed with dinner) and the chocolate mousse was very good. That did save our date night.Special Features:
- great experiencehaydaleDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, fine food, grest atmosphere. Seated immediately although was early for reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality I expectedFrankDined on 8/28/2014I appears that this Il Fornaio is going the way of the previous Il Fornaio's in Denver. At one it they were the best, at least in food, but now this restaurant has seemed to lose its edge.
- Poor table locationbuffDined on 8/27/2014We had reservations and had to wait for several minutes because they didn't have menus. Then we were placed at a table for two right between two other tables which gave us no privacy at all. Not really what we hoped for.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a very good dining experience during Restaraunt Week. The waiter made an excellent wine recommendation, main courses were very good and chocolate mousse was fantastic. Will definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and good ambienceluv2exploreDined on 8/22/2014Staff and ambience was very nice but food was over priced and very plain.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014It was dinner time and we were shoved in a two person tiny (short) cocktail table and it seemed like the server section was cut and they were responsible for more tables than usual. The salad was forgotten for our table (Dinner arrived first) as the manager took care of the mistake however just little things were "off." Refills needed to be asked for. Water refills especially. Didn't offer appetizers (although we ordered them anyway)... It could have been a better night for the server in regard to more booze being sold but she didn't work for it and/or try to increase the bill at the end of the night. I'd go back but hope that it's better.
- MageeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Il F. serves outstanding food at reasonable prices. They are always willing to customize your meal. The bread is freshly baked and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!parkerdinerDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dining experience here for our Anniversary. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicestaci126Dined on 8/16/2014Accommodates both meat eater and vegan. Servers are wonderful, there when you need them, not when you don't. Food is do good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightCaccyDined on 8/15/2014Celebrated our anniversary there. Food and service were great! We had been to an Il Fornaio in CA years ago and loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!BMooreDined on 8/15/2014It was wonderful and I had the salad that has Ahi Tuna in it and I loved it!!Best salad ever! Great for meetings and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Top NotchAmazing4DinnerDined on 8/13/2014Il Fornaio takes their concept, idea, specialty and service to meet YOUR need and to another level compared to any restaurant in the region. They really set the standard and bar very high! They care about the customer, the service is outstanding and they stand out in comparison to any competitor or restaurant in the area for that matter. Their concept, idea and specialty is Italian food and Italian food from different regions of Italy. They do not only meet it but the effort to make you enjoy the difference is very clear. They go way and beyond and make it a wonderful experience. I was there on a first date and they went way and beyond to make it a great, first class experience. I will recommend to visit and I promise you will be amazed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAmgdenvDined on 8/9/2014I have came here a plentiful amount of times, and I have not had a single bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeeTNazzDined on 8/6/2014We had clients fly in for a meeting and had dinner at Il Fornaio - two of us ordered the Sea Bass special and it was great and the other two guests had the Seafood Misto. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- barbieDined on 8/1/2014we received excellant service. The food was really good. A very relaxing meal and a great menu. We will be back and will recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Prices here have gone up in the past few years (as many restaurants have), but service and food quality have been adjusted more than accordingly. If you are looking for authentic Italian food and five star service, look no further. The menu offers a good variety of salads, Italian-style pizzas, unique pastas, items from the grill (rotisserie chicken, seafood, beef), and classics (lasagna, canneloni). he managers have really turned this place around. Service was much more friendly and attentive. Overall, everyone seems more happy. And I also noticed that the restaurant also is much cleaner than in the past - from the restrooms to the side stations and everywhere in between.Special Features:
- Great PlaceBobzDined on 7/26/2014Very nice meal with friendly, attentive service. Not as mobbed as similar places, so much nicer. Can accommodate and work well for whomever/whatever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A cut above other Italian chainsMakkDined on 7/21/2014I like Macaroni Grill, Carabba's and Maggiano's, but I would put Il Fornaio a cut above those establishments in terms of service, ambience and dining fare. The prices are a bit higher and the portions might be a bit smaller, but the food is worth it. They offer the option of purchasing smaller portions of pasta, so you can sample some and still have room for other dishes. And, of course, the bread at Il Fornaio is worth the visit itself. I finally tried the wood-fired pizza and was not disappointed. Others in my party tried the rosemary chicken -- now that *was* a big portion and several pasta dishes. Every plate was clean except for the chicken we took home. We had the lemon custord for dessert: delicious.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDenverDinerDined on 7/19/2014Very nice restaurant for casual dining and a romantic evening. The wait staff is attentive and they do an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantastic, per usualBTC15VIPDined on 7/19/2014We love coming to Il Fornaio for the all around experience - ambience, decor, and food. The bread is everything you want Italian bread to be and in three different flavors. We love their rotating menu with options for all palates. The open kitchen is a telling part of this restaurant because you can see the ingredients they use. The service this time around was something less than spectacular but it will not keep us from coming back.
- Excellent RestaurantJLPartyDined on 7/18/2014Food was great. Service was terrific. Very attentive and friendly staff. The monthly regional feast is a great idea. Each month you can enjoy dishes from different regions of Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.