Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
8000 East Belleview Avenue
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (303) 221-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Benji Macias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brunch is served on Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving
A word from Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center
Il Fornaio’s award-winning authentic Italian cuisine is a favorite in Greenwood Village. Specialties include housemade pastas, wood-fired pizza, grilled fish, authentic risotto, rotisserie meats and fresh artisan breads. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Fornaio - Denver Tech Center reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (34)romantic (34)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, nice ambience!SherryKVIPDined on 11/22/2014We enjoy Il Fornaio and love sitting by their cozy fireplace near the windows. We have been going to this restaurant for many years and always enjoy our experience there. It does seem that they took off the menu some of the "non-pasta" dishes and as I recall, they only had 1 seafood item to choose from. I would enjoy it more if they had kept all their previous "non-pasta" items on the menu ---or replaced them with new and different entrees. Of course, we still enjoy it--the pasta is wonderful and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014After long and tiring weeks at work, my wife and I needed some quiet romantic time. We requested a quiet table and spent two hours enjoying each other while being served by some excellent staff, starting Emma. The food came slowly and we did not feel rushed...of course it was good. By the end of dinner we had achieved our goal, a nice relaxing dinner with just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zivaDined on 11/20/2014Overall the dining experience was good. We all had different menu items and no one was disappointed. Our wait staff gave us good menu hints and were very attentive. The one negative aspect was that even though there were empty tables in the main dining area we were seated in a cubby space right next to a wait station so we had wait staff doing their thing right next to us for the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014The food was a bit pricey but most of it was very good. My personal meal though wasn't what I expected and was unfortunately very bland. I got butternut squash ravioli and I didn't even bother taking the leftovers home. My date's meal was fantastic though and full of flavor. Overall it was a good experience except for my dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stalVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food was excellent and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great PlacestumpersDined on 10/30/2014We had two appetizers, the sampler plate was wonderful, and four entrees. Beef tenderloin, Veal Scallopini, some Spicy Chicken thing, and Ravioli, all excellent. Best bread ever, excellent service.Special Features:
- A Must if in the NeighborhoodScottinAuroraVIPDined on 10/30/2014A feel of Italy, a view of what's going on in the kitchen, authentic Italian cooking, and great service. If you are a wine lover, plan to spend a bit more than normal for a bottle. But the overall experience justifies the cost. Just not a place to go on a tight budget and you like the full boat experience (including appetizers, wine, desert).Special Features:
- Great locationluv2eatVIPDined on 10/28/2014Food and service were excellent. I've always been a fan of Il Fornaio restaurants. I've been to the one in Marin, Ca, Reston, Va, and now Denver. They are very consistent in their service, presentation and food. Highly recommended....Special Features:
- Lovely dinner for two on Sat. nightDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were seated promptly in one of the smaller rooms with a couple of big groups. It was a noisy for us so we moved to a table in front of kitchen. Our server was very attentive/ helpful in describing our meals. My penne vodka was very good and the 1/2 portion was just enough, as I had the carpaccio appetizer first-it was fantastic. The meat was very thin sliced and nice and cool as it should be, served with arugula and thin shaved parmesan.. The red wine by the glass selections were adequate and we found a very nice Badiola 2011- not too heavy or sweet to go with our meals. The chicken pecorino(?) was also very good. The semi freddo hazlenut dessert was fantastic! We will continue to go here for well served and delicious meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!lesleygothDined on 10/24/2014Great night! Started at bar with happy hour and apps and ended with wonderful dinner, great service and conducive to romance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, food okayCastleRockDinerDined on 10/22/2014I have had some great meals here, but this time it was only adequate. The atmosphere is nice for a date - casually upscale and relatively quiet - and sometimes the food is quite good, so I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good lunch.MakkDined on 10/20/2014Repeat customer who took a friend who used to enjoy the Lodo Il Fornaio. The lunch specials didn't disappoint. Service was prompt, courteous, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. I'll be back to enjoy the Il Fornaio experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotrobyattVIPDined on 10/11/2014great food and the service from Beth was outstanding! She put up with our noise and banter, with a great smile and we were for want of nothing!Special Features:
- Late dinner on a Tuesday nightDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/7/2014We made a spur of the moment decision to go out to dinner at 8:15 after a long work day. We had excellent service --food arrived promptly-had excellent wine recommendations from our server and even managed a bit of dessert. The risotto with shrimp was very good as was the sausage pizza.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicecharlesjohnDined on 10/6/2014Good food and great service. We were there for a business dinner and we got a private room with a great server called Jason. Never rushed us and the food menu was excellent!Special Features:
- KathyDined on 10/4/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Had to practically yell to the other couple we were with and I had asked for a quiet table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Went with our eleven year old. All was fine. Food was good, service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it but NOT for lunchawrd1Dined on 10/2/2014I love Il Fornaio but would never go again for lunch until they do something about the parking situation. I invited a friend to celebrate her birthday. I happened upon a parking space when someone was pulling out. She drove up and down aisles for a full 10 minutes before finding something. If you were going for a business meeting, you're suddenly late. Why no valet? Love the restaurant but won't put it on the top of my list.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014Our group ordered the butternut squash ravioli, a chicken dish named Pollo Toscano, a simple, but delicious Capellini Al Pomodoro and the Ravioli Alla Lucana with sausage. No one left anything on their plate! Our food and service was outstanding. During our meal, a bottle of wine inadvertently slipped out of an employee's hands. Although neither wine nor glass hit us, the manager checked on us to make sure all was well. She gave each of us a free appetizer/dessert card. Combined with our already great lunch, this extra touch left us with a great feeling and ensured our return.Special Features:
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good. Wine was good. For some reason, our server was in a great big hurry. We had to ask her three different times to give us a few minutes. Our appetizer came out exactly 3 minutes after ordering. We were hoping for a nice and relaxing date night. Appetizer, salad, entree and after dinner coffee/dessert took exactly 40 minutes.Special Features:
- niceItalianbyMarriageDined on 9/20/2014Our 3 pasta dishes were delicious, but the one ny steak entree had no flavor in the meat except for the sauce. Otherwise, nice birthday dinner for my daughter who loves your gluten free pasta with vodka sauce :)Special Features:
- MediocoreJoJoDined on 9/20/2014Good service. Food never better than fair. Does not compare with other area Italian restaurants.
- scott210Dined on 9/16/2014good food and great service. very good for a business lunch or dinner for large groupsSpecial Features:
- ROXIE322Dined on 9/13/2014We had the sea bass, while cooked perfectly, was very bland. We asked for a side of risotto, but after a wait, the server came back to tell us the chef said "no", he did not want to run out. After another wait, we were served cold pasta to go with our cold fish. We had an early, 6:30, reservation. Having eaten here many times, I will chalk it off to a bad night, although at the time it did not seem so busy. My friend had her retirement party here several years ago It may be a while before retuning. Our server was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Pizza was really really good. Pasta bologenese was fabulous. Service was just right balance of info and leave alone time. Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free menu availableTerriODined on 9/9/2014I ate here recently and decided to bring my girls' dinner group here as they have a gluten free menu. We were here on a Tuesday evening, but the staff was too busy to serve us as well as they did the diners around us. They had large parties of individuals and we knew things would be slow, but when they were serving meals to others who had come in after us, we became impatient. Oh well, women dining out? I'll go back, because the food was excellent. I'll just remember to be patient.Special Features:
- Lunch for conversationSnowellenVIPDined on 9/9/2014We asked for table conducive to a private conversation and we were accommodated with no problems. The wait person was kind and responsive. My pizza was a little greasy but my friend's salmon salad and soup were very good.Special Features:
- Best Italian in DenverHananVIPDined on 9/4/2014The chef is one creative person or person The wine list is great and the service is wonderful. I think if you get into early at times for an early supper like 4:30 PM, you will have service that is mediocre. Other than that there are definitely no complaints make sure you try one or two up there desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodstaci126Dined on 8/30/2014We have eaten here several times. This past time the service was a bit slow, but still good. The food was outstanding. We brought two guests and they loved their meal and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not impressiveJfrankdrewDined on 8/29/2014Our first time here. It was a beautiful restraunt and felt romantic, but the food was so-so. Not very flavorful, meat was sparse in the entree, salad was $9 and just some lettuce a couple croutons and some cheese. The did bring us a complimentary dessert (think the manger could tell we weren't impressed with dinner) and the chocolate mousse was very good. That did save our date night.Special Features:
- great experiencehaydaleDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service, fine food, grest atmosphere. Seated immediately although was early for reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality I expectedFrankDined on 8/28/2014I appears that this Il Fornaio is going the way of the previous Il Fornaio's in Denver. At one it they were the best, at least in food, but now this restaurant has seemed to lose its edge.
- Poor table locationbuffDined on 8/27/2014We had reservations and had to wait for several minutes because they didn't have menus. Then we were placed at a table for two right between two other tables which gave us no privacy at all. Not really what we hoped for.
- Truly Italiandine4meDined on 8/25/2014We even had a waiter from Italy! Everything was fantastic! We never order dessert - but was glad we shared one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a very good dining experience during Restaraunt Week. The waiter made an excellent wine recommendation, main courses were very good and chocolate mousse was fantastic. Will definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and good ambienceluv2exploreDined on 8/22/2014Staff and ambience was very nice but food was over priced and very plain.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014It was dinner time and we were shoved in a two person tiny (short) cocktail table and it seemed like the server section was cut and they were responsible for more tables than usual. The salad was forgotten for our table (Dinner arrived first) as the manager took care of the mistake however just little things were "off." Refills needed to be asked for. Water refills especially. Didn't offer appetizers (although we ordered them anyway)... It could have been a better night for the server in regard to more booze being sold but she didn't work for it and/or try to increase the bill at the end of the night. I'd go back but hope that it's better.
- MageeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Il F. serves outstanding food at reasonable prices. They are always willing to customize your meal. The bread is freshly baked and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!parkerdinerDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dining experience here for our Anniversary. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicestaci126Dined on 8/16/2014Accommodates both meat eater and vegan. Servers are wonderful, there when you need them, not when you don't. Food is do good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.