Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
223 Corte Madera Town Center
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 4159274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: CJ Snyder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the annual Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2002.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera - Best Restaurants in Corte Madera ›
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)great for lunch (65)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (54)special occasion (52)great for brunch (42)great for outdoor dining (29)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (28)kid-friendly (27)romantic (22)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always ReliableBobbinumber1VIPDined on 10/16/2014Once again, the food was delicious, and the service efficient and friendly. Can't ask for much more!Special Features:
- Consistently goodPcdcDined on 10/14/2014Neighborhood gem Fresh, creative, delicious New menus are featuring different regions, and the regular menu stays consistentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The food is excellent and the service is friendly and always available. It was a bit noisy as one would experience at any Italian family gathering. We will be back again and look forward to sampling more items from the robust menu.Special Features:
- Favorite regular dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014I have dined regularly at Il Fornaio with a group of friends. The food is consistently good as is the service. The pasta and seafood dishes are always good choices. We will return.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantSuenanVIPDined on 9/30/2014Good food, comfortable environment, friendly atmosphere. Not a fast food restaurant. Food properly prepared.Special Features:
- Always goodRoadrider125VIPDined on 9/26/2014We eat at Il Fornaio regularly and continue to be impressed with the high quality food. But even better is the excellent waitstaff. All are experienced, long-term professionals. It is always a pleasure to be personally recognized at such a busy restaurant.Special Features:
- Lively restaurantSSFladyDined on 9/26/2014We had never been to this restaurant before but enjoyed our dinner. We had excellent service. There was quite a bit of activity since there was a rather large group next to out table. All in all a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKBDDinersDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten here many times and have found that it is consistently better during the week when they are less rushed. I had the special ravioli - very good. My husband had the special duck and it was not at all tender - edible but barely so. The serving that came out before his looked burnt to a crisp so he felt lucky. Service was rushed - the waiter could not wait for me to put my purse away, put on my glasses or finish chewing to answer his questions. We have had many exceptional meals here, but our recent experience was not up to par. Get the Scottish salmon, lasagna or cannelloni!
- Never fails to impressRickDined on 9/22/2014What can i say - another great meal at Il Fornaio! Great food, great service, friendly greeting - simply the best. Thanks for another great meal.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeLiketodineDined on 9/21/2014A long-time favorite restaurant of ours but after this last visit I can't imagine going back, let alone recommending it. Waited 20 min or more between apps and meals, and had to ask server to return to the table for water refills, the check, to run our card...just about everything! We were there to celebrate a birthday, but the service was so lousy we ended up leaving with an incomplete celebration. Never one to complain, I decided to tell the host. His response was that we were seated in a section that no one was staffing. Not our fault. It was the worst service I think we have ever received. And this is the first negative review I've ever submitted. Just felt others should know.Special Features:
- DisappointingCarolynDined on 9/15/2014Wine was not good. Nice enough to replace with another glass. But, I did not care the second glass either. Acidic and not full bodied (which I had asked for). Ravioli sauce was thin and watery. I asked for a discontinued appetizer. They were nice enough to make it for us, even though it was no longer on menu. Broccoli was done to perfection. It was excellent (scallops, calamari, prawns, in a garlic lemon butter). Veal Scaloppini was just so-so. Bread was cold and not too fresh. Disappointing meal.
- A Restaurant that never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Il Fornaio is a restaurant that consistenly has good food, good service and great ambience! We always choose to eat in the patio area....it's just abit more casual and relaxed. We love the Pollo Toscano , Cappellacci di zucca with a glass of the textbook chardonnaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceMariniteVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food prepared to our desire with substitutions willingly made. Good size portions.Special Features:
- A very Italian mealMangiareVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is really deliciuos and the quality superbSpecial Features:
- forgot how good Il Fornaio isJJinMarinVIPDined on 9/10/2014Il Fornaio is a close and convenient choice but we over looked it until last night. Our meal was excellent -- we shared a beet salad that was excellent and plenty for two and each had an entree. I had a pasta dish with lamb ragu sauce and tiny "meatballs" -- a new twist on a meatball dish and good. My husband had the mixed seafood grill -- shrimp, calamari, scallops with roasted potatoes and veggies. Our waiter was excellent -- personable, attentive, fun to talk to and knowledgeable. Good evening -- we resolved to come back!Special Features:
- HikerhikerDined on 9/6/2014A very pleasant dinner after a day of hiking on the Marin Headlands. The restaurant was bright and lively. We had good service and the food was good. A very nice ambiance. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!LovitalianfoodDined on 9/5/2014I have been dining at Il Fornaio in Corte Madera for many years. It continues to be one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Marin. Great atmosphere, good service and authentic Italian food. Thank you for making my evening special!Special Features:
- PATRICIADined on 9/5/2014They have the best Mesquite grilled salmon ever!!The management and waiters are all very professional, friendly, and accommodating!!Special Features:
- Great foodSetto69Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I stopped in for a late lunch and were greeted by a very nice young woman. The one thing that we felt could have been better was the service. The waiter did not fill our drinks when they were almost empty. He did refill our water but when it came to our drinks he had to be reminded to fill them. When the food arrived it was hot and great. The ravioli was great and my wife's pasta dish was delicious. After we were done our plates sat on our table for longer than they should have. It was at least 15-20 minutes that the plates sat right in front of us empty and reafy to be taken away. The service needs to be more attentive even when it's an early dinner or late lunch. Fill those drinks quicker with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little above Avgcpetrillo1Dined on 9/3/2014When I spoke to people who ate at this restaurant they expressed, Great Food, Great Service and a nice volume level in which you could have a conversation. Well, "not"... Food was above average, Service was below average and noise level was loud. We ask to move to another table that noise level was a little lower and were told NO. Anyway, we made the best out of it but in no way we were pleased. Would I go back? If a couple of restaurants in the area were closed, I would probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantchrisDined on 8/30/2014I love eating here! Delicious food, lots of great choices, wonderful special seasonal regional Italian menus, great service, really nice people working here, lovely atmosphere. This restaurant is Solid. I have chosen to eat here hundreds of times through the years for brunch, lunch or dinner. In all those visits, very rarely was service or food not totally up to par... less than a handful of times. The only thing I miss is that during the recession they discontinued serving their awesome homemade breadsticks in the yummy bread basket. I wish they would bring the breadsticks back! They were the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GfanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very good and attentive service, food is very good and priced right, reasonably priced and varied wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy foodVegan4LifeVIPDined on 8/25/2014WE LOVE THIS RESTAURANT! Another great experience with wonderful service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Always a good choice for LunchPJfrmSoCalVIPDined on 8/21/2014Very Good Lunch! Very Nice Atmosphere! Great Service! I will go back there when I am in Marin County on business.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Went for a Sunday brunch. The restaurant was not at all crowded, but service was slow and food was not hot enough when it arrived. We had to ask three times to get a simple hot tea.
- very averageFoodieInTrainingDined on 8/16/2014In such a foodie city, there were very average standards for a high price. For example, the omlette that I order (smoked salmon and goat cheese) was about the smallest omlett I have ever seen. I would say 1.5 eggs (maybe were used). The "exotic fruit tray" which is ten bucks, has only melons, two strawberries, and two small pieces of not ripe mange. We were very disappointment. To top it off our waiter knew almost nothing about the bar. I asked what the well vodka was and not only did he not know, but he put the order in, when that wasn't my question. Then I recieved a 10 dollar drink in a small 3 ounce glass with no straw.. come on Il Fornaio! for corporate headquarters being in the same mall, this should NOT happen. Get it together!
- PleasanthikerDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening at this restaurant. The service was somewhat slow and inattentive but as it was very busy, I'm sure the waiter was doing his best to keep up! The food was good and the ambience bustling.Special Features:
- Il Fornaio Corte MaderahungrybertDined on 8/14/2014Lived in town when Il Fornaio opened and it became my favorite in Marin. I live in Sonoma county now, so when I do get back to Il Fornaio it is like seeing an old friend. On this dinner I had the best lamp chops I have had. Cooked to perfection with just enough seasoning so to let the taste of the lamb come through. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. We sat outside on the enclosed patio. The noise level was very low which added to the ambiance. I highly recommend Il Fornaio to anyone who values great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Roberto HarocereberalDined on 8/14/2014The ambience and location for Il Fornaio in Corte Madera is excellent. Service is friendly and efficient, and servers very helpful. The food is always very well prepared and served with great attention to detail and appeal.Special Features:
- TheBestDined on 8/4/2014Il Fornaio is a consistently excellent dining experience. Definitely the go-to-place for lunch or dinner, starting at 11:30am and serving straight through until night closing. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be better!MimiDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I ordered to split the ravioli and then the duck. Both the pasta and duck were brought at the same time - an unfortunate lack of sequence because one or the other got cold. The same was true for our guests who also split plates. The duck was difficult to eat, especially without a sharp knife, and the texture was tough and not savory. We sat outside which was very pleasant, but an indoor party was very demanding of, and even shouting at our good-intentioned waiter which made it very difficult for him. The spinach salad and asparagus salads were very good, but on the whole it was not the finest dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I enjoy Il Fornaio restaurants but the service at this location is terrible. I always enjoy our lunch but don't expect much in the way of service.Special Features:
- Warm and DeliciousRegularPlaceVIPDined on 7/30/2014Three of us went for a special occasion. The food was warm and flavorful. I had a delicious grilled fish with fabulous couscous. It was so satisfying! We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014as usual the staff makes the restaurant. and all in this establishment were outstanding. Management should take care not to lose anyone. A delightful and great evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBigAlVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went here to celebrate a birthday. In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Marin County. Great service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- nightingaleDined on 7/19/2014Service was slow; however, we were in no hurry. The soup had to be sent back as it was "cold". The rest of the meal was okay. Had to ask for additional water, bread, etc. But, we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- SlippingMikeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Have eaten here for over a decade and feels like the food is slipping. Our waiter was good but the bus boy was not. The hostess informed my daughter she was putting a tampon in while in the restroom with her. Not very appropriate and informed my wife sooner or later she will hear about it after she commented, my daughter is 6. Net/net management has work to do here and won't be coming backSpecial Features:
- again outstandingRagsVIPDined on 7/18/2014The specialty menu from venezia was tasty and interesting. we liked the heirloom tomato salad specialty delicious w tasty but not over the top marinade. Petrale excellent as was the pasta Bigoli.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014always a nice lunch with great service. Owner is terrific.....warm and friendly. Food very goodSpecial Features:
- continued Feste enjoymentbobnbobDined on 7/17/2014This was our latest outing with the Feste Regionale experience and it was the best yet, esp. the petrale sole. Splendid menu and splendid preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.