Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
223 Corte Madera Town Center
Corte Madera, CA 94925Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 4159274400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: CJ Snyder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Corte Madera
Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the annual Wine Spectator Award of Excellence since 2002.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera - Best Restaurants in Corte Madera ›
Il Fornaio - Corte Madera reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (75)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (67)good for groups (59)great for brunch (53)fit for foodies (51)kid-friendly (31)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always a good choice for LunchPJfrmSoCalVIPDined on 8/21/2014Very Good Lunch! Very Nice Atmosphere! Great Service! I will go back there when I am in Marin County on business.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Went for a Sunday brunch. The restaurant was not at all crowded, but service was slow and food was not hot enough when it arrived. We had to ask three times to get a simple hot tea.
- very averageFoodieInTrainingDined on 8/16/2014In such a foodie city, there were very average standards for a high price. For example, the omlette that I order (smoked salmon and goat cheese) was about the smallest omlett I have ever seen. I would say 1.5 eggs (maybe were used). The "exotic fruit tray" which is ten bucks, has only melons, two strawberries, and two small pieces of not ripe mange. We were very disappointment. To top it off our waiter knew almost nothing about the bar. I asked what the well vodka was and not only did he not know, but he put the order in, when that wasn't my question. Then I recieved a 10 dollar drink in a small 3 ounce glass with no straw.. come on Il Fornaio! for corporate headquarters being in the same mall, this should NOT happen. Get it together!
- PleasanthikerDined on 8/14/2014We enjoyed a pleasant evening at this restaurant. The service was somewhat slow and inattentive but as it was very busy, I'm sure the waiter was doing his best to keep up! The food was good and the ambience bustling.Special Features:
- Il Fornaio Corte MaderahungrybertDined on 8/14/2014Lived in town when Il Fornaio opened and it became my favorite in Marin. I live in Sonoma county now, so when I do get back to Il Fornaio it is like seeing an old friend. On this dinner I had the best lamp chops I have had. Cooked to perfection with just enough seasoning so to let the taste of the lamb come through. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. We sat outside on the enclosed patio. The noise level was very low which added to the ambiance. I highly recommend Il Fornaio to anyone who values great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr. Roberto HarocereberalDined on 8/14/2014The ambience and location for Il Fornaio in Corte Madera is excellent. Service is friendly and efficient, and servers very helpful. The food is always very well prepared and served with great attention to detail and appeal.Special Features:
- TheBestDined on 8/4/2014Il Fornaio is a consistently excellent dining experience. Definitely the go-to-place for lunch or dinner, starting at 11:30am and serving straight through until night closing. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be better!MimiDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I ordered to split the ravioli and then the duck. Both the pasta and duck were brought at the same time - an unfortunate lack of sequence because one or the other got cold. The same was true for our guests who also split plates. The duck was difficult to eat, especially without a sharp knife, and the texture was tough and not savory. We sat outside which was very pleasant, but an indoor party was very demanding of, and even shouting at our good-intentioned waiter which made it very difficult for him. The spinach salad and asparagus salads were very good, but on the whole it was not the finest dining experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014I enjoy Il Fornaio restaurants but the service at this location is terrible. I always enjoy our lunch but don't expect much in the way of service.Special Features:
- Warm and DeliciousRegularPlaceVIPDined on 7/30/2014Three of us went for a special occasion. The food was warm and flavorful. I had a delicious grilled fish with fabulous couscous. It was so satisfying! We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014as usual the staff makes the restaurant. and all in this establishment were outstanding. Management should take care not to lose anyone. A delightful and great evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBigAlVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went here to celebrate a birthday. In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in Marin County. Great service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- nightingaleDined on 7/19/2014Service was slow; however, we were in no hurry. The soup had to be sent back as it was "cold". The rest of the meal was okay. Had to ask for additional water, bread, etc. But, we still enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- SlippingMikeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Have eaten here for over a decade and feels like the food is slipping. Our waiter was good but the bus boy was not. The hostess informed my daughter she was putting a tampon in while in the restroom with her. Not very appropriate and informed my wife sooner or later she will hear about it after she commented, my daughter is 6. Net/net management has work to do here and won't be coming backSpecial Features:
- again outstandingRagsVIPDined on 7/18/2014The specialty menu from venezia was tasty and interesting. we liked the heirloom tomato salad specialty delicious w tasty but not over the top marinade. Petrale excellent as was the pasta Bigoli.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014always a nice lunch with great service. Owner is terrific.....warm and friendly. Food very goodSpecial Features:
- continued Feste enjoymentbobnbobDined on 7/17/2014This was our latest outing with the Feste Regionale experience and it was the best yet, esp. the petrale sole. Splendid menu and splendid preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening.bebeDined on 7/17/2014Enjoyed the additional menu choices for that night. Service was great, and we all enjoyed our food choices. Looking forward to trying the new monthly menu nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiencePATRICIADined on 7/13/2014This is our favorite restaurant for the salmon entree. It is the best prepared salmon we have ever had, and we love sitting in a booth by the bar to people watch! The staff , and management are always friendly , kind , helpful and respectful!:-)Special Features:
- We love this restaurant !PATRICIADined on 7/11/2014We like to sit in a booth in the front to people watch while enjoying our favorite grilled salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S ZaslavKukanaVIPDined on 7/11/2014My business go-to restaurant. Easy access and food is always good.Special Features:
- Blue MoonBobbinumber1VIPDined on 7/10/2014The food and service was terrific, as usual. Noise level a little higher due to more children than usual, but a very enjoyable experience, once again.Special Features:
- arkangelDined on 7/5/2014Food terrific and cooked perfectly. Service very good, as usual. It has a very elegant feeling to the room by the patio.Special Features:
- ThunderDined on 7/2/2014Good food, good service what else should you expectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathleenVIPDined on 6/26/2014There were seven of us and I believe that most of us liked the food. Unfortunately, my seafood dish, Griliata Pesce Misto was over cooked. It was unfortunate, because the dish could have been spectacular. The waiter was gone most of the time and took a very long time showing up to the table. We ordered wine and it took forever to get it. The service had a lot to be desired. I was disappointed but my friends were a delight to dine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Good food and good service...great for birthday celebrations.Special Features:
- A favoriteChapeauVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great location, easy parking, consistently good, excellent options (dining room booths or tables, eat in bar at tables or at bar, on indoor terrace or outside tables...or my favorite, at counter watching food being prepared. Great place to meet for a drink.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014At Il Fornio we always get great service, food is always really tasty with a nice spin making it not the usual Italian fare. The wine selection by the glass has much verity to choose from, the by the bottle list is quite extensive and we have enjoyed many really nice glasses and bottles of wine there. Great for lunch as well as dinner. A solid dependable place to bring family, friends and clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomersMinimoeDined on 6/15/2014Always a favorite for special occasions, like Mother's Day, this was a Father's Day gathering of 5 plus a toddler. A quiet glass of wine at the bar before the party arrived, proved that the house Chianti was delicious and we stuck with that for the entire meal. Most of us choose the special Sicilian menu, as it was the last day on the menu. No one was disappointed. It was delicious. Moist fish, tender lamb, a soup to die for! Our waiter did his part to make the meal flow seamlessly. The noise level rose as the diners multiplied but doesn't it always? During the week, when we've dined as just a couple, it was quiet and romantic. I hope the Sicilian menu comes back soon but we won't wait for it. Il Fornaio is a gem.Special Features:
- Good Father's Day BrunchLoveToBrunchDined on 6/15/2014We wanted to celebrate Father's Day near San Rafael and lucked out with this restaurant. We ordered from the Brunch menu and the food was very good. If we had gone there later in the day, the main menu looked great too. The menus have a large selection and the food had a unique taste to it. I got the poached eggs with crab cakes and spinach. If we had gone for dinner, maybe the grilled salmon would be my selection. Anyway, the food was a bit rich, but great for Father's Day. We are glad they had tables available with only a few days notice. We got lost on the way there because there are two streets with almost the same name in Corte Madera. It is on the street in the large shopping center very close to the freeway.Special Features:
- BTBT4UDined on 6/14/2014One of the best in Marin. The menu was very complete and interesting. The food was fabulous. And best of all the service was great. Our food server was very knowledgeable friendly and funny. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Special Menu continues to pleaseRagsVIPDined on 6/14/2014Special menu featuring Sicily included a 1/2 lobster, mussels and shrimp on a bed of pasta. outstanding and reasonably priced. the spumoni dessert was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fell down.....antiqmeisterVIPDined on 6/14/2014The last of the six different dinners on their 'Passaporto' tasting trip was not up to the others in quality. The first course calamari was wonderful; the second course pasta was dry and short on sauce; the two main courses were only half eaten, as one was very dry and overcooked with no sauce, and the other was fish that was smothered in a pile of chopped, runny tomatoes, etc., so that one couldn't taste the delicate fish. We were disappointed, but we enjoyed the other 5 Passaporto dinners there.
- great regional cuisinebobnbobDined on 6/14/2014Have done six of the Feste Regionale and they were all good at the Corte Madera Il Fornaio. Splendid and diverse cuisine, well-made.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love the food and service here. Noise level is extremely high. Was hard to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesome!LaurieCDined on 6/11/2014You can't beat Il Fornaio. The food is always great & everybody always wants to go.Special Features:
- Going beyondSusanDined on 6/11/2014This review is for the evening of June 3. We were at Il Fornaio - Corte Madera to meet a couple with whom we had spoken on the phone and shared common interests (long-distance hiking), but had never met. We hit it off and conversation flowed easily. We had met at 8:00 p.m.; time slipped by and the crowd began to thin. At 11 PM, we noticed that the other tables had emptied. As we prepared to leave, we noticed that the kitchen was empty and only one employee was still in the restaurant--quietly reading his newspaper until he could finish the closing process. I later checked and read that the restaurant closes at 10 PM; we were allowed an hour's grace period--now that is what I call service. And BTW the Ravoli with vodka sauce was outstandingSpecial Features:
- MaryDined on 6/10/2014Love the garden room. Enjoyed our meal and service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JezebelDined on 6/7/2014Noise level was loud, must yell to be heard to dining partners. Very good sauces for pasta. Seated promptly. Great bread.Special Features:
- Fine experienceMarinTomDined on 6/5/2014Consistent high quality - Excellent service, wide menu choice, beautiful food presentation and preparation quality. Hot and flavorful. It hit all the notes, nothing was lacking. They know how to run a good restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.