Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
301 N.Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (310) 550-8330
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 11:30am.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe DiMola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
Step inside Il Fornaio and take a culinary journey through Italy. Early mornings bring rustic, crisp crusted bread hot from the oven accompanied by the scent of fresh brewed espresso. During lunch and dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while meats and vegetables roast over hot coals. Bottles of wine from small, regional wineries are uncorked to complement the dishes, which have been crafted in the custom of Italy's chefs, bakers and homemakers. Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)special occasion (17)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (8)romantic (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- A Satisfying MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/13/2014Il Fornaio in Beverly Hills is a great find for it's centrality and affordability. It was a good spot to meet a friend, and a table by the window is definitely a score. You have to get there early, though, as it was crowded by 7:30 and with a small space, the tables are packed in. The wait staff was attentive at the beginning, and had several good recommendations, but as the night drew on, it became harder to get service. My friend ordered tea as a finisher, and she had a pot of hot water with no tea, until finally someone brought her a mint tea bag, that she didn't want. We mentioned that when we finally got our bill, and the waiter was kind to withdraw the charge from our order. While I will go back, and I would recommend it for the centrality and affordability, I find it hard to check off a single reason to recommend it to anyone. The wine list was small. It would not be a romantic spot, the view is of sidewalk and aside from the private dining area, I'm not sure I would bring a group there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian FoodLeftyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Il Fornaio has superb Italian food and service. They are a long time resident of Beverly Hills and having been serving great dishes from a varied menu.Special Features:
- Delicious Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Met friends for dinner. Lovely service, atmosphere and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free menuTandSVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had a delicious gluten free dinner at Il Fornaio. This is our favorite place in Beverly Hills. Keep up the fine overall efforts.Special Features:
- Never a missMikeBVIPDined on 10/25/2014Never a miss here - our "go to" lunch spot for work and this time for friends from out of town - thanks for such consistently great expericenes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and AtmosphereGregSDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic food and service. One of my favorite BH watering holes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit for wine lovers...TwoForAllSeasonsDined on 10/21/2014The gentleman who was the wine buyer (didn't catch his name) was exceptional. This was our first time at Il Fornaio and we had come there because of its Wine Spectator awards. When he listened to our wine preferences, and then brought over an alternate wine menu (not given out to all patrons) we new we were in good hands. The bottle we had was amazing, a perfect pairing with the food and opened up beautifully. Also: it was my wife's birthday-- something we didn't announce to anyone--- and somehow they figured it out and discreetly comped our dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014Back in the day, this used to be one of the best places to eat in Beverly Hills. We have eaten there a lot, but I don't think we will be going back.Special Features:
- Fast and wonderdulBheaterVIPDined on 10/19/2014A staple on beverly drive .When in doubt this is a perfect go to place. Breakfast is always good with great choices from cereal to eggs to toast or if you want lox why not. Excellent.. The perfect place.. Lunch hour is great and salads are yummy. Dinners are good also.. Just a great go to place. Fair and reasonableSpecial Features:
- Dinner on the StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014The table on the street was nice but waiter was no where to be found at times. Water left empty and not attended to. Food okay not great for the high prices.Special Features:
- thebellyrulesthemindVIPDined on 9/10/2014Nice food, nice people. A regular for folks that live in Beverly Hills and consistent quality. Good for out-of towners looking for something reliable. Try the veggie pizza, it's very good and the low carc, low fat , carpacio is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodLeftyVIPDined on 9/7/2014Il Fornaio is a superb Italian restaurant with a varied menu and great service. I recommend this restaurant for its overall value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and vibrant atmosphereKathyDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant is a favorite of mine because you can count on the quality of food, the atmosphere is lively, yet you can have private conversations and the staff are very nice.Special Features:
- Kilttrip55Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent overall despite limited men's room facilities. I love the back room for a large group.Special Features:
- Great name but not authenticFoodieguy13VIPDined on 8/29/2014Just plain awful.. Bad service and poor quality food ... Look for the nearby options and go there. This is the McDonalds Italuan food chain!!!
- Best in Beverly HillsvegasdiningDined on 8/16/2014My favorite restaurant in Beverly Hills. This restaurant has been a fixture in Beverly Hills for years and the excellent food and service is why it will continue to remain one of the best. Rudy, one of the managers came by the table to welcome us. I recommend reservations because this place is often very busy, as it was the night we dined. We had a view of the open kitchen, and I must say that the chefs and the staff really hustle to make everyone's dining experience AMAZING! Excellent Food, Beautiful Locations, Amazing Staff! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great interesting and standard foodPSDebsDined on 8/11/2014LOVE the rabbit! And the 'smerelda- scallops, squid & shrimp over greens- soooo good. Always good and the service is great. Its the kind of place where the same servers/managers are there year after year and they greet you fondly each time. Very nice.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodLeftyVIPDined on 8/10/2014As usual the service was friendly and prompt. The food was fantastic and this place is wonderful.Special Features:
- AngieDined on 8/2/2014We came here to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was absolutely fantastic. None of us had ever been to the restaurant before but we were glad we stumbled upon this place. The food was amazing and reasonably priced, the waiters were very attentive, and the overall ambience was very warm and welcoming. I will definitely be returning to try out more entrees from the menu. By the way, I had the seafood entree with salmon, shrimp, calamari, and scallops and it was delicious and very fresh. Definitely a must try for seafood lovers.Special Features:
- An Event ResturantJacksonDined on 7/28/2014I was impressed when I was seated that they had a rarely served aperitif that I asked for. The waitress was cordial without being familiar. The menu is one of the more extensive menus that I've seen. I had asked for a candle for my friend's birthday, and that was forgotten. A free desert was given, and the overall experience was delightful however very pricey.Special Features:
- The following 497 reviews are from the Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014always good to visit there great food and service. good Italian cuisineSpecial Features:
- Once upon a time..holisticdinerDined on 7/19/2014..Il Fornaio was at the top of the list. The glory days are long gone, though - the genuine Italian vibe and charming feel have been replaced with a "greet-and-serve-as-fast-as-possible" attitude making the experience feel platonic and unappreciated. The food is still good, but the change in environment and ambience make the culinary experience nearly secondary as the shift in regards to atmosphere is hugely different than 3-4 years ago. If you have no previous experience with Il Fornaio, I suppose you will enjoy the meal, but the experience will not be a memorable one, that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.Zochi2Dined on 7/19/2014We've been coming here for years. The food is always wonderfully prepared and the service is outstanding (except for this visit). Not sure if our waiter was new (we had never seen him before) or just was having an off night, but we received very little attention from him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchFLIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my first time at the Beverly Hills restaurant. I have been to Pasadena many times, and Manhattan Beach once. The service was very good as it is in all the locations. We had a house antipasto (very good), salmon (very good), calamari fritti (disappointing). It was very noisy. Pasadena has the best food, Manhattan Beach has the best atmosphere (It's a beautiful restaurant) and Beverly Hills is okay. I will probably go back and give it a second chance, but I won't have the calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great month! AMAZINGJosephJohnDined on 7/18/2014The food was wonderful this month! Once again I brought guests with me that were blown away by the selection and depth of taste! Ask for Marco's section and say high to this wonderful weight staff. We love Maria, Giuseppe, Stephania, and Marco and most of the wait staff there.Special Features:
- squirrelVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always good and great service too. We had a marvelous three course meal during the week of Dine LA. A great value.Special Features:
- Definitely repeatableDianeDined on 7/17/2014Had a delightful dinner with 6 friends/family!! Our server, Annemarie was really great!! Also, the assistant manager, Rudy Della Cruz very kindly brought us, not only a complimentary appetizer (as first time diners), but also gave us cards for a complementary dessert at our next visit. Such a lovely touch. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and it was just a wonderful experience from the hostess stand to the end!Special Features:
- Superb ItalianLeftyVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was great as always, and the service was outstanding. The staff at Il Fornaio are always so friendly and helpful. In addition it was free corkage month for those on their e-mail list, so that made the evening so much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- smsgVIPDined on 7/14/2014I am not a big fan of this place. I think it is overpriced for what you get, and that there are far better Italian choices out there. Nonetheless, my daughter wanted to eat here, so we did. The spinach salad with walnuts and bacon was tasty, but the caprese was not. Even with salt added, it was missing something, My butternut squash ravioli was adequate. The squash was pretty tasteless, but was helped by the sage. One daughter had the penne ala vodka, without the bacon; also tasteless, but perhaps due to her omission. The other had the gnocchi, which was far too rich, and unlike the other pastas, could not be ordered in a half size.
- Good Food all the timerafainlaDined on 7/12/2014We do come here often, as we always find good food at anytime ... lunch or dinner . It is truly a best place to eat in Beverly hills. BTW...their bread is absolutely the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RaviolilolaDined on 7/11/2014We had the Pizza Cristina. It was good. Not as amazing as I was told, but it was good, crispy on the borders and great selection of ingredients. The highlight of the night where the raviolis. Filled with grilled pear and mozzarella cheese and a very delicate cheese sauce with asparagus. We went there for a late dinner at 9:30, and the only downside was that we felt we were being rushed by the waiter to order and eat, cause the kitchen was supposed to close at 10. However, once we were eating around 10:15 a party of 7-8 people arrived to the place and ordered as well. So, not sure why they rushed us to order.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Service was good and food was fresh. The bread basket with olive oil and balsamic was a treat. We didn't feel rushed and could maintain a conversation. The restaurant wasn't that loud, although crowded. I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDisappointedVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food is always consistently good. Love the fact that their menu changes every month or so so you do not tire of the same old food choices, yet the oldies are still there to order. Love the placeSpecial Features:
- GreatGiannaDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I are from Melbourne Australia and we had this restaurant recommended to us by friends back home to try and we are very happy we did. The food was amazing and the service was brilliant. Would recommend it to anyone to try it.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Always good. Great food very good service always enjoy to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in a Long TimeMikeBVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went for a quick lunch with some team members from the office and I'd have to say we received some of the best service I've had in a long time! Aaron "A" was just "on it" from start to finish, very attentive and very helpful from suggestions for our vegetarians, wine, appetizers to just being there at every moment we needed something. The food was terrific, we were able to "get in and get out" in a timely manner (which is important to us for a lunch on a busy day) and again, just some of the best service I've experienced in a long, long time.Special Features:
- Best Italina in Bevery HillsPikcyVIPDined on 6/15/2014There are many Italian Restaurants there. This is the one for those who care about the food. Try their Regional menus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchDipsea99VIPDined on 6/15/2014Superb service, but as can be expected on a busy Father's Day lunch, the kitchen was a bit slow and the food wasn't as good as it usually is. Our server was outstanding and he did everything to make our meal as enjoyable as possible. Unfortunately, the area we were seated in had several large groups, acoustics were poor, and conversation was difficult to maintain because of the noise....I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014as aregular at the this restaurant I found the service was horrible for father's day when the restauraant was not yet crowded, Some of the food was cold and had to be sent back.
- Il Fornia in BHsharmonDined on 6/14/2014Good food, good wine, good friends, good times. The food is always consistently good, and the services usually matches.Special Features: