Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
301 N.Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 3105508330x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:30am - 11:30am.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe DiMola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills
Step inside Il Fornaio and take a culinary journey through Italy. Early mornings bring rustic, crisp crusted bread hot from the oven accompanied by the scent of fresh brewed espresso. During lunch and dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while meats and vegetables roast over hot coals. Bottles of wine from small, regional wineries are uncorked to complement the dishes, which have been crafted in the custom of Italy's chefs, bakers and homemakers. Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. This award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Fornaio - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (39)kid-friendly (34)special occasion (31)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (23)notable wine list (18)romantic (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent overall despite limited men's room facilities. I love the back room for a large group.Special Features:
- Great name but not authenticFoodieguy13VIPDined on 8/29/2014Just plain awful.. Bad service and poor quality food ... Look for the nearby options and go there. This is the McDonalds Italuan food chain!!!
- Best in Beverly HillsvegasdiningDined on 8/16/2014My favorite restaurant in Beverly Hills. This restaurant has been a fixture in Beverly Hills for years and the excellent food and service is why it will continue to remain one of the best. Rudy, one of the managers came by the table to welcome us. I recommend reservations because this place is often very busy, as it was the night we dined. We had a view of the open kitchen, and I must say that the chefs and the staff really hustle to make everyone's dining experience AMAZING! Excellent Food, Beautiful Locations, Amazing Staff! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great interesting and standard foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014LOVE the rabbit! And the 'smerelda- scallops, squid & shrimp over greens- soooo good. Always good and the service is great. Its the kind of place where the same servers/managers are there year after year and they greet you fondly each time. Very nice.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodLeftyVIPDined on 8/10/2014As usual the service was friendly and prompt. The food was fantastic and this place is wonderful.Special Features:
- AngieDined on 8/2/2014We came here to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was absolutely fantastic. None of us had ever been to the restaurant before but we were glad we stumbled upon this place. The food was amazing and reasonably priced, the waiters were very attentive, and the overall ambience was very warm and welcoming. I will definitely be returning to try out more entrees from the menu. By the way, I had the seafood entree with salmon, shrimp, calamari, and scallops and it was delicious and very fresh. Definitely a must try for seafood lovers.Special Features:
- An Event ResturantJacksonDined on 7/28/2014I was impressed when I was seated that they had a rarely served aperitif that I asked for. The waitress was cordial without being familiar. The menu is one of the more extensive menus that I've seen. I had asked for a candle for my friend's birthday, and that was forgotten. A free desert was given, and the overall experience was delightful however very pricey.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014always good to visit there great food and service. good Italian cuisineSpecial Features:
- Once upon a time..holisticdinerDined on 7/19/2014..Il Fornaio was at the top of the list. The glory days are long gone, though - the genuine Italian vibe and charming feel have been replaced with a "greet-and-serve-as-fast-as-possible" attitude making the experience feel platonic and unappreciated. The food is still good, but the change in environment and ambience make the culinary experience nearly secondary as the shift in regards to atmosphere is hugely different than 3-4 years ago. If you have no previous experience with Il Fornaio, I suppose you will enjoy the meal, but the experience will not be a memorable one, that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.Zochi2Dined on 7/19/2014We've been coming here for years. The food is always wonderfully prepared and the service is outstanding (except for this visit). Not sure if our waiter was new (we had never seen him before) or just was having an off night, but we received very little attention from him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchFLIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my first time at the Beverly Hills restaurant. I have been to Pasadena many times, and Manhattan Beach once. The service was very good as it is in all the locations. We had a house antipasto (very good), salmon (very good), calamari fritti (disappointing). It was very noisy. Pasadena has the best food, Manhattan Beach has the best atmosphere (It's a beautiful restaurant) and Beverly Hills is okay. I will probably go back and give it a second chance, but I won't have the calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great month! AMAZINGJosephJohnDined on 7/18/2014The food was wonderful this month! Once again I brought guests with me that were blown away by the selection and depth of taste! Ask for Marco's section and say high to this wonderful weight staff. We love Maria, Giuseppe, Stephania, and Marco and most of the wait staff there.Special Features:
- squirrelVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always good and great service too. We had a marvelous three course meal during the week of Dine LA. A great value.Special Features:
- Definitely repeatableDianeDined on 7/17/2014Had a delightful dinner with 6 friends/family!! Our server, Annemarie was really great!! Also, the assistant manager, Rudy Della Cruz very kindly brought us, not only a complimentary appetizer (as first time diners), but also gave us cards for a complementary dessert at our next visit. Such a lovely touch. Everyone enjoyed their entrees and it was just a wonderful experience from the hostess stand to the end!Special Features:
- Superb ItalianLeftyVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was great as always, and the service was outstanding. The staff at Il Fornaio are always so friendly and helpful. In addition it was free corkage month for those on their e-mail list, so that made the evening so much more enjoyable.Special Features:
- smsgVIPDined on 7/14/2014I am not a big fan of this place. I think it is overpriced for what you get, and that there are far better Italian choices out there. Nonetheless, my daughter wanted to eat here, so we did. The spinach salad with walnuts and bacon was tasty, but the caprese was not. Even with salt added, it was missing something, My butternut squash ravioli was adequate. The squash was pretty tasteless, but was helped by the sage. One daughter had the penne ala vodka, without the bacon; also tasteless, but perhaps due to her omission. The other had the gnocchi, which was far too rich, and unlike the other pastas, could not be ordered in a half size.
- Good Food all the timerafainlaDined on 7/12/2014We do come here often, as we always find good food at anytime ... lunch or dinner . It is truly a best place to eat in Beverly hills. BTW...their bread is absolutely the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RaviolilolaDined on 7/11/2014We had the Pizza Cristina. It was good. Not as amazing as I was told, but it was good, crispy on the borders and great selection of ingredients. The highlight of the night where the raviolis. Filled with grilled pear and mozzarella cheese and a very delicate cheese sauce with asparagus. We went there for a late dinner at 9:30, and the only downside was that we felt we were being rushed by the waiter to order and eat, cause the kitchen was supposed to close at 10. However, once we were eating around 10:15 a party of 7-8 people arrived to the place and ordered as well. So, not sure why they rushed us to order.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Service was good and food was fresh. The bread basket with olive oil and balsamic was a treat. We didn't feel rushed and could maintain a conversation. The restaurant wasn't that loud, although crowded. I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDisappointedVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food is always consistently good. Love the fact that their menu changes every month or so so you do not tire of the same old food choices, yet the oldies are still there to order. Love the placeSpecial Features:
- GreatGiannaDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I are from Melbourne Australia and we had this restaurant recommended to us by friends back home to try and we are very happy we did. The food was amazing and the service was brilliant. Would recommend it to anyone to try it.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Always good. Great food very good service always enjoy to go thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service in a Long TimeMikeBVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went for a quick lunch with some team members from the office and I'd have to say we received some of the best service I've had in a long time! Aaron "A" was just "on it" from start to finish, very attentive and very helpful from suggestions for our vegetarians, wine, appetizers to just being there at every moment we needed something. The food was terrific, we were able to "get in and get out" in a timely manner (which is important to us for a lunch on a busy day) and again, just some of the best service I've experienced in a long, long time.Special Features:
- Best Italina in Bevery HillsPikcyVIPDined on 6/15/2014There are many Italian Restaurants there. This is the one for those who care about the food. Try their Regional menus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LunchDipsea99VIPDined on 6/15/2014Superb service, but as can be expected on a busy Father's Day lunch, the kitchen was a bit slow and the food wasn't as good as it usually is. Our server was outstanding and he did everything to make our meal as enjoyable as possible. Unfortunately, the area we were seated in had several large groups, acoustics were poor, and conversation was difficult to maintain because of the noise....I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014as aregular at the this restaurant I found the service was horrible for father's day when the restauraant was not yet crowded, Some of the food was cold and had to be sent back.
- Il Fornia in BHsharmonDined on 6/14/2014Good food, good wine, good friends, good times. The food is always consistently good, and the services usually matches.Special Features:
- Anniversary BreakfastFryguyzDined on 6/14/2014Once again we had a very special meal at Il Fornio, our 28th wedding and a chance to entertain family, first time in LA! the food was outstanding, the service impeccable and just a few of the reasons we will continue to enjoy Il Fornio in Beverly Hills!Special Features:
- A favorite.minordeityDined on 6/11/2014This is my neighborhood Italian restaurant. The food is consistently great, and the staff are like family. They are always ready with a recommendation. Each month they have a regional menu, so food and wine list is always changing. It is always hard not to "fill up on the bread." Their bread is great. The only problem is that it can get to be quite noisy.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodLeftyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Italian food with outstanding service is found at Il Fornaio in Beverly Hills. Friendly wait staff is very helpful.Special Features:
- Sicilia Menu DELICIOUSJosephJohnDined on 6/6/2014I usually get the taster menu with the wine flight (a wine is pre-chosen for each menu item on the taster), then my date chooses a different dish from me. We get the full flavor for the month then. This month was chosen from Catania, Sicily. We were especially pleased with the Eggplant with Ring Noodles. A dish one of their chefs (born and raised in that region) created directly from how his father taught him to make it when he was a kid. You could tell the vintageness from presentation...a cooked bowl with the meal in it served on top of a plate. Very neat! As always, say hi to Maria and Stephania when you walk in...they're the best. And ask for Marco...just don't let his accent, ponytail and charm melt your date!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal againTandSDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I shared the caprese and the Mare gluten free pasta with mussels, clams, prawns and scallops. Then finished with gelato misti. The GF plate had a special slip on the plate to designate that it was indeed GF. This was a superb meal!Special Features:
- Well Taken Care OfMikeBVIPDined on 6/3/2014Great job from start to finish - there with clients and the service and good were both terrific!Special Features:
- Great food!gwgwVIPDined on 5/31/2014It was our first visit and it did not disappoint. The food was wonderful. The service was a bit slow (in taking our order only) but bread was served right away and kept topped up. The restaurant was very busy and our food was served relatively quickly. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to our favorite restaurantFavplaceDined on 5/27/2014Love this restaurant. It's our favorite place for special occasions. The food is consistently good, the waiters remember you and it's easy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian FoodLeftyVIPDined on 5/25/2014Outstanding service and good food as always. The thin crust pizza is very good and the wine list is varied and has multiple good choices.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent, authentic Italian cuisine. Excellent wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experiencesusieQDined on 5/24/2014Took guests from Eastern Europe and Australia. Four of us enjoyed different entrees and desserts. Everything was beautifully prepared and delicious. Good bread. Ample wine selection. Attentive service. Pleasant dining experience for all.Special Features:
- A little piece of EuropeMichaelVIPDined on 5/23/2014Love Il Fornaio, I have breakfast there every Friday. Ask for Rudy for your waiter, he is delightful and will take good care of you. Delicious food, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian foodJillDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant was exactly what I expected. Good Italian food, well-priced, decent wine. It wasn't the best, nor the most expensive, but very comfortable, affordable, and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.