Il Cortile Ristorante
608 12th St.
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cortile Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcortileristorante.com/
- Phone: 8052260300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Santos MacDonal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seating for private parties in our courtyard.
- Private Party Contact: Carole MacDonal 805-226-0300
A word from Il Cortile Ristorante
Welcome to Il Cortile Ristorante, Downtown Paso Robles" newest fine dining Italian Restaurant. We invite you to join us to enjoy our seasonal menus created with the freshest ingredients available sourced by our surrounding local and regional landscapes by Executive Chef Santos MacDonal, providing a melody of exceptional homemade pastas, fresh seafood, top quality meats and antipasti. A top destination for exquisite wines, picturesque landscapes and beautiful weather, Paso Robles provides the perfect pairing for Il Cortile's rustic Italian fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Cortile Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Il Cortile Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)special occasion (80)notable wine list (71)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (57)great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (13)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great ChoiceFATTravelerDined on 9/26/2014The four of us were seated outdoor, on the patio, as I requested, on Open Table. The food and the service were both great. the octopus appetizer and the seafood risotto were outstanding. The tap water, though filtered, is terrible--go for the Pelegrino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014First visit, very impressed! Awesome food, wine list, service, and indoor feel. I'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014we made a reservation for outdoor dining at 8PM we arrived at 7:50 to be told by the hostess that a couple or foursome with no reservation asked for that table and that she told them they had to be out by 8PM to honor our reservation. They were just about starting their entreat 7:50 so of course we did not have outside dining. I realize all requests can not be honored but her reasoning and inability to make us feel welcome left us with a bad taste. Our server was excellent but i doubt that we would ever go back thereSpecial Features:
- Taste of Tuscany in paso roblesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I spent our 15th anniversary in Tuscany. We had never eaten such delicious, fresh food like we had there....until our meal at Il cortille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speechless....expat7VIPDined on 9/14/2014After 2 excellent appetizers (Quail and a Caprese Salad), my wife asked me if my veal chop with porcini mushrooms was all right - I had gone silent. I pushed over a mouthful and she said nothing. Then we both said WOW! It was spectacular. After 3 courses, we talked about starting again - we were "still hungry". Don't get me wrong, the portions were fine - we just wanted more and more! The best Italian food I have tasted on the Central Coast, no question.Special Features:
- DE-lish!luv2dineoutDined on 9/13/2014We always dine here when we are in the area. I have had risotto with truffles every time.....it is fabulous!! We love this place.Special Features:
- A Paso MustSkippDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my wifes birthday and everything was great. I would like to mention Dustin our waitperson. He was helpful on selections and spot on for service. The food was perfect and we will come again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place in PasoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014The food at Il Cortile is so authentic. My favorite is the charred Octopus with White Beans…and the Tiramisu. Carole and Chef Santos make you feel right at home.Special Features:
- Couldn't be happier.4freedomDined on 9/11/2014I've been here twice now and both times left me extremely happy. I couldn't be happier with the service. The waitstaff was extremely fast and courteous. The second time we went we started the meal off with a savory corn and cheese soufflé and a cheese bruschetta appetizer. I ordered a lobster ravioli and my wife ordered a tortellini with a truffle sauce. Both were delicious but I think hers was better. All of their pastas are homemade. We shared a cannoli dessert which was pretty good. Great food. I recommend. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible dinner, a very rude chef!Skywalker71VIPDined on 9/8/2014On our way from wonderful Napa Valley, we went to il Cortile restaurant at Paso Robles for dinner. Three of us ordered pasta special with truffles. The waitresses were very good but we had an issue with the food (it had an odd smell). We sent it back. The owner chef brings out the same food that was sent back. He yelled at us and kicked us out of the restaurant as we were the last customers. I thought about calling 911 but chose to pay whatever bill they brought (did not charge us for the truffles) and leave ASAP to protect my family from his potential outrage. He does not understand anything about customer experience which are the key for any business. We are very disappointed, and now know where we should avoid on our upcoming trips.
- Not as impressed as my scoreFoodie831Dined on 9/7/2014I hesitate to be too critical of food since it's a per person view. It would be nice to have some beverages for us ugly Americans who do not imbibe but provide DD services for others. Our dinner were very good. We shared our entres and got great reviews. I don't mean Really shared, one bite only. Helps for our next trip to Il Cortile. I personally found the hype better than the actual, but I didn't leave hungry. Isn't that what's great about food. Even if it's not "to die for" we will never go hungry. 😃. You can serve me the lemon desert any day of the week, loved it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian RestaurantLovegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are in Italy many times during the year and this restaurant is one of the best authentic Italian cuisine along the entire coast including LA. Have been coming for many years and last weekend was once again as perfect as always. Fantastic Octopus, Burrata Cheese is always great and the pasta main courses are truly homemade and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but a little lightWineDineDivineDined on 9/5/2014DH and I went out for a long overdue date night. Beef Carpaccio was everything that we hoped it would be. Lobster ravioli was delicious. The steak was perfectly done. Our only complaint is that portion vs. price was a little light. We should have known better being the only couple under age 45 on a Friday night. Our final bill was over $130 and we still felt hungry when we left. Our mistake for sharing an appetizer, I ordered only a primi item, DH ordered only a secondi. We each got our own dessert (which we NEVER do) because we were just plain hungry (ironically tiramisu was a very large portion LOL). IMO there are other restaurants in Paso with the same quality and price point, but you don't leave hungry.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!HoosierFoodieDined on 9/3/2014Great Italian menu, great food, great wine, great service! What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every respectDukeDined on 9/2/2014A delightful restaurant with a great local wine list, pasta prepared just the way you remember it in Italy, and a friendly and professional staff will convince you to return. We visited while on vacation, and wish we could take this establishment with us.Special Features:
- Fantastic MealAnnaBDined on 8/31/2014Every bite delicious. Scallops amazing and the Osso Buco was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatPasoEdDined on 8/30/2014There are a number of fine dining restaurants in Paso Robles to choose from now. This wasn't the case 20 years ago. Il Cortile has been around for a number of years and has managed to always hold its own and then some against the newer arrivals. This is our go to spot when out of town guests come for a visit. Great food and service with imaginative delicious dishes. Be sure to request Eric for a server if he's working. Superb service and great knowledge of the food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a HitTimboVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food was a wonderful experience, especially the Osso Buco, the Justin Cab by the glass and the asparagras ravioli. Our waiter, Erik was excellent and patience and knowledgable. One of our best dining experiences ever in Paso Robles. We will return.Special Features:
- Italy in PasoCoreywbVIPDined on 8/24/2014A wonderful romantic meal in a very nice setting. My wife had the veal and fettucine which was outstanding. I had lobster ravioli cooked in a delicious red shrimp sauce that had just enough spice to liven up the dish. Prosciutto with melon was excellent and one of the best crostinis we have had to date. All in all a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Paso's Best DinnerELNYDined on 8/23/2014It was our anniversary and Il Cortile certainly did not disappoint. Everything was excellent !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelerDined on 8/19/2014this restaurant is perhaps the best in Paso Robles. The menu is certainly the most uniqueSpecial Features:
- Best dinner in PasodwprodsDined on 8/17/2014Whenever we have visited Paso, we struggle for finding a really romantic, quiet dinner in a restaurant that is not overrun with too much chaos and hippitude. Il Cortile is understated elegance with a very decent and affordable (if you choose carefully) menu. The service was impeccable - neither hurried nor delayed, just the right amount of presence. the place is not very large, which I suspect is why we haven't been able to get reservations before. Last weekend, we each had special black truffles from Italy - I had risotto, my wife had fettuccine. Both were excellent and the truffle portions were very generous. Next time we are in Paso, we'll be back. In my view, it is the best, most elegant restaurant in Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Odd ServiceImpressiveFoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014the food: EXCELLENT The service: odd: the vibe at the front desk was uncomfortable and made us feel we were an inconvenience. After being sat at our table, it took about 7 mins for our server to greet us. We ordered sparkling water, the bottle was brought to us & poured, then a 2nd bottle (which we were of course charged for) was brought to the table 2 w/o us asking for it. Dinner was a celebration for my wife's birthday, so, before receiving our main courses, I asked our server to see if we could put a candle in my wife's eventual dessert-nothing was done. My dessert came out immediately, but waited for >15 minutes for my wife's dessert & when it came out, I was disappointed that nothing was done for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Second visit, as good as the firstLovPasoDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit. The first time was just my wife and I. The second time was a family reunion. Both times were excellent! Great food, great service, solid wine list. We had 7 people on this visit and were easily accommodated and provided for. Our table had the Osso Bucco, the lobster, sea base, fettuccine, every dish a winner. Make sure you sample from the appetizer and mozzarella sections. Absolutely excellent small dishes. This is a terrific place, well located a half block from the town square. We went for a lovely post dinner stroll thru the park and along the shops lining the park. Lovely, lovely evening after a day of wine tasting.Special Features:
- Loved this place!O1NgirlDined on 8/16/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. Everyone was so friendly, which helped make our dining experience a very enjoyable one. The food was excellent. We especially loved the Beef Carpaccio with truffle sauce and truffle shavings. It was truly divine. We are looking forward to going again the next time we are in town for wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Very good food and service but there was a very inappropriately loud table that was disturbing. A patron sitting next to the table had to ask them to please lower their voices after it had been going on for a while. It fixed the problem however, as they left one of the loud patrons made a nasty comment to him as they left. The management should have been the ones to have said something to them, not another patron, thus disturbing his meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodierichVIPDined on 8/14/2014Happened to spend a nite in Paso Robles on the way to Monterey and found great reviews on line about Il Cortile. Had the best risotto with truffles that we have ever had and we have dined in top restaurants of the world. My entree was pork shank Osso Bucco and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuReady2Dined on 8/10/2014Menu contained interesting dishes not found elsewhere. No "cute" "foams" or deconstructed items. Just the best of great local ingredients combined in thoroughly enjoyable ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...KatieKVIPDined on 8/8/2014Il Cortile came highly recommended as one of the top restaurants in Paso Robles. Not so much. We were disappointed with our server (his favorite words were "no" and "can't do that") who was unsympathetic to my mother being lactose intolerant. Once we could order, the scallops were small and shriveled, my lamb carpaccio was actually seared (!) and then just sliced thinly on the plate with no flavor to mention. The sea bass special was next and they sliced it into 2 medallions (to trick us to think there was more?) that were over-seared and dry. Lastly, the spaghetti with clams and shrimp was sad. Box spaghetti with just scraps of diced up clams and shrimp and coated with olive oil. And again, no flavor. Sigh...
- TeachDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service, great wine list. Have been there 5 times and love coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingKathleenDined on 8/3/2014This is a small restaurant with only a few indoor tables. Six of us went on a Sunday evening. We were seated right away as the business seemed quite slow. The hostess was very nice. The waiter had to be reminded a few times about bringing items that we requested to our table. (butter, water, wine...nothing too unusual.) We ordered a delicious parmesan, arugula salad and a lamb carpaccio. Lamb was nothing special. We ordered the specials - sea bass and osso bucco. The presentation was lovely. The sea bass was a tad fishy and gizzlely. The osso bucco was delicious.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Four of us went to Il Cortile to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was a first visit for all of us. We were very happy with the atmosphere, staff were knowledgeable and friendly, we never felt rushed and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelgmelgVIPDined on 7/29/2014A well thought out menu will satisfy most. A perfect blend of food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it! Thank you!LoveToWineAndDineVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a great evening and dinner! Everything was awesome!Special Features:
- Best in PasoAnonymousDined on 7/27/2014We visit Paso about once a year and Il Cortile is by far the best restaurant in town. Consistently the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealbusterbusterDined on 7/25/2014The chilean sea bass was phenomenal. We also had a caprese salad that was excellent. The lobster ravioli was solid, if unspectacular.Special Features:
- Great food; some details overlookedCMgirlDined on 7/19/2014Small place, nicely decorated. The food was excellent, although the truffled beef carpaccio was too heavy on the truffle. The crostini with burrata was absolutely delicious and we also enjoyed the spaghetti with seafood and bottarga. They are chintzy with the bread for the table (which could be better quality) but the accompanying spread was wonderful. Unfortunately there are no cocktails due to the liquor license, which is disappointing for a fine dining restaurant like Il Cortile. Also a bummer is the cold air pouring down from the ceiling air conditioner vents.Special Features:
- An excellent restaurant in PasoChuckZVIPDined on 7/19/2014We ate at this restaurant last year and enjoyed it so much we returned this year. Again, we were not disappointed. The restaurant is attractive and comfortable. The wine list is varied and there are great choices by the glass or by the bottle. The sommelier was very helpful and knowledgeable. The menu had interesting choices, and we really liked the specials. We had salads, split a pasta course with truffles and split a main course of a veal chop, all of which were quite large and all delicious. Excellent wines by the glass went perfectly with the food. Altogether a terrific dinner. We liked that the owners, the chef and his wife, were both in the restaurant working along with the other staff. We'll be back next visit to Paso!Special Features:
- Delicioso!WagsDined on 7/12/2014Terrific restaurant all around -- We're used to fine dining and this did NOT disappoint. Hubby had venison tenderloin medium rare (a bit too blue for my taste, but he thoroughly enjoyed). I had the salmon; actually crispy on the outside and barely heated in the middle --perfectly cooked, alongside fresh pappardelle noodles. We chose two different "wine flights," both red, one from local wineries and one from Italian wineries. Our service was a delightful balance of attentive and 'out of sight.' I can say with confidence that YOU will enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- You will come back!cfotableDined on 7/12/2014Excellent in every way! Quality, taste, presentation and service. We will all be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.