Il Cortile Ristorante
608 12th St.
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cortile Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcortileristorante.com/
- Phone: 8052260300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Santos MacDonal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seating for private parties in our courtyard.
- Private Party Contact: Carole MacDonal 805-226-0300
A word from Il Cortile Ristorante
Welcome to Il Cortile Ristorante, Downtown Paso Robles" newest fine dining Italian Restaurant. We invite you to join us to enjoy our seasonal menus created with the freshest ingredients available sourced by our surrounding local and regional landscapes by Executive Chef Santos MacDonal, providing a melody of exceptional homemade pastas, fresh seafood, top quality meats and antipasti. A top destination for exquisite wines, picturesque landscapes and beautiful weather, Paso Robles provides the perfect pairing for Il Cortile's rustic Italian fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Cortile Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Il Cortile Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)special occasion (86)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (61)great for outdoor dining (53)hot spot (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic MealAnnaBDined on 8/31/2014Every bite delicious. Scallops amazing and the Osso Buco was out of this worldSpecial Features:
- Consistently greatPasoEdDined on 8/30/2014There are a number of fine dining restaurants in Paso Robles to choose from now. This wasn't the case 20 years ago. Il Cortile has been around for a number of years and has managed to always hold its own and then some against the newer arrivals. This is our go to spot when out of town guests come for a visit. Great food and service with imaginative delicious dishes. Be sure to request Eric for a server if he's working. Superb service and great knowledge of the food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a HitTimboVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food was a wonderful experience, especially the Osso Buco, the Justin Cab by the glass and the asparagras ravioli. Our waiter, Erik was excellent and patience and knowledgable. One of our best dining experiences ever in Paso Robles. We will return.Special Features:
- Italy in PasoCoreywbVIPDined on 8/24/2014A wonderful romantic meal in a very nice setting. My wife had the veal and fettucine which was outstanding. I had lobster ravioli cooked in a delicious red shrimp sauce that had just enough spice to liven up the dish. Prosciutto with melon was excellent and one of the best crostinis we have had to date. All in all a lovely experience.Special Features:
- Paso's Best DinnerELNYDined on 8/23/2014It was our anniversary and Il Cortile certainly did not disappoint. Everything was excellent !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelerDined on 8/19/2014this restaurant is perhaps the best in Paso Robles. The menu is certainly the most uniqueSpecial Features:
- Best dinner in PasodwprodsDined on 8/17/2014Whenever we have visited Paso, we struggle for finding a really romantic, quiet dinner in a restaurant that is not overrun with too much chaos and hippitude. Il Cortile is understated elegance with a very decent and affordable (if you choose carefully) menu. The service was impeccable - neither hurried nor delayed, just the right amount of presence. the place is not very large, which I suspect is why we haven't been able to get reservations before. Last weekend, we each had special black truffles from Italy - I had risotto, my wife had fettuccine. Both were excellent and the truffle portions were very generous. Next time we are in Paso, we'll be back. In my view, it is the best, most elegant restaurant in Paso Robles.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Odd ServiceImpressiveFoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014the food: EXCELLENT The service: odd: the vibe at the front desk was uncomfortable and made us feel we were an inconvenience. After being sat at our table, it took about 7 mins for our server to greet us. We ordered sparkling water, the bottle was brought to us & poured, then a 2nd bottle (which we were of course charged for) was brought to the table 2 w/o us asking for it. Dinner was a celebration for my wife's birthday, so, before receiving our main courses, I asked our server to see if we could put a candle in my wife's eventual dessert-nothing was done. My dessert came out immediately, but waited for >15 minutes for my wife's dessert & when it came out, I was disappointed that nothing was done for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- Second visit, as good as the firstLovPasoDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit. The first time was just my wife and I. The second time was a family reunion. Both times were excellent! Great food, great service, solid wine list. We had 7 people on this visit and were easily accommodated and provided for. Our table had the Osso Bucco, the lobster, sea base, fettuccine, every dish a winner. Make sure you sample from the appetizer and mozzarella sections. Absolutely excellent small dishes. This is a terrific place, well located a half block from the town square. We went for a lovely post dinner stroll thru the park and along the shops lining the park. Lovely, lovely evening after a day of wine tasting.Special Features:
- Loved this place!O1NgirlDined on 8/16/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. Everyone was so friendly, which helped make our dining experience a very enjoyable one. The food was excellent. We especially loved the Beef Carpaccio with truffle sauce and truffle shavings. It was truly divine. We are looking forward to going again the next time we are in town for wine tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Very good food and service but there was a very inappropriately loud table that was disturbing. A patron sitting next to the table had to ask them to please lower their voices after it had been going on for a while. It fixed the problem however, as they left one of the loud patrons made a nasty comment to him as they left. The management should have been the ones to have said something to them, not another patron, thus disturbing his meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodierichVIPDined on 8/14/2014Happened to spend a nite in Paso Robles on the way to Monterey and found great reviews on line about Il Cortile. Had the best risotto with truffles that we have ever had and we have dined in top restaurants of the world. My entree was pork shank Osso Bucco and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuReady2Dined on 8/10/2014Menu contained interesting dishes not found elsewhere. No "cute" "foams" or deconstructed items. Just the best of great local ingredients combined in thoroughly enjoyable ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...KatieKVIPDined on 8/8/2014Il Cortile came highly recommended as one of the top restaurants in Paso Robles. Not so much. We were disappointed with our server (his favorite words were "no" and "can't do that") who was unsympathetic to my mother being lactose intolerant. Once we could order, the scallops were small and shriveled, my lamb carpaccio was actually seared (!) and then just sliced thinly on the plate with no flavor to mention. The sea bass special was next and they sliced it into 2 medallions (to trick us to think there was more?) that were over-seared and dry. Lastly, the spaghetti with clams and shrimp was sad. Box spaghetti with just scraps of diced up clams and shrimp and coated with olive oil. And again, no flavor. Sigh...
- TeachDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service, great wine list. Have been there 5 times and love coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - average serviceEnjoysgoodfoodDined on 8/6/2014The food, especially the pasta dish, is very good. Fresh and tasty. The service leaves a little to be desired. Staff is not friendly and the ambience is sterile and cold.Special Features:
- disappointingKathleenDined on 8/3/2014This is a small restaurant with only a few indoor tables. Six of us went on a Sunday evening. We were seated right away as the business seemed quite slow. The hostess was very nice. The waiter had to be reminded a few times about bringing items that we requested to our table. (butter, water, wine...nothing too unusual.) We ordered a delicious parmesan, arugula salad and a lamb carpaccio. Lamb was nothing special. We ordered the specials - sea bass and osso bucco. The presentation was lovely. The sea bass was a tad fishy and gizzlely. The osso bucco was delicious.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Four of us went to Il Cortile to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was a first visit for all of us. We were very happy with the atmosphere, staff were knowledgeable and friendly, we never felt rushed and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelgmelgVIPDined on 7/29/2014A well thought out menu will satisfy most. A perfect blend of food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it! Thank you!LoveToWineAndDineVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a great evening and dinner! Everything was awesome!Special Features:
- Best in PasoAnonymousDined on 7/27/2014We visit Paso about once a year and Il Cortile is by far the best restaurant in town. Consistently the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealbusterbusterDined on 7/25/2014The chilean sea bass was phenomenal. We also had a caprese salad that was excellent. The lobster ravioli was solid, if unspectacular.Special Features:
- Great food; some details overlookedCMgirlDined on 7/19/2014Small place, nicely decorated. The food was excellent, although the truffled beef carpaccio was too heavy on the truffle. The crostini with burrata was absolutely delicious and we also enjoyed the spaghetti with seafood and bottarga. They are chintzy with the bread for the table (which could be better quality) but the accompanying spread was wonderful. Unfortunately there are no cocktails due to the liquor license, which is disappointing for a fine dining restaurant like Il Cortile. Also a bummer is the cold air pouring down from the ceiling air conditioner vents.Special Features:
- An excellent restaurant in PasoChuckZVIPDined on 7/19/2014We ate at this restaurant last year and enjoyed it so much we returned this year. Again, we were not disappointed. The restaurant is attractive and comfortable. The wine list is varied and there are great choices by the glass or by the bottle. The sommelier was very helpful and knowledgeable. The menu had interesting choices, and we really liked the specials. We had salads, split a pasta course with truffles and split a main course of a veal chop, all of which were quite large and all delicious. Excellent wines by the glass went perfectly with the food. Altogether a terrific dinner. We liked that the owners, the chef and his wife, were both in the restaurant working along with the other staff. We'll be back next visit to Paso!Special Features:
- Delicioso!WagsDined on 7/12/2014Terrific restaurant all around -- We're used to fine dining and this did NOT disappoint. Hubby had venison tenderloin medium rare (a bit too blue for my taste, but he thoroughly enjoyed). I had the salmon; actually crispy on the outside and barely heated in the middle --perfectly cooked, alongside fresh pappardelle noodles. We chose two different "wine flights," both red, one from local wineries and one from Italian wineries. Our service was a delightful balance of attentive and 'out of sight.' I can say with confidence that YOU will enjoy dining here.Special Features:
- You will come back!cfotableDined on 7/12/2014Excellent in every way! Quality, taste, presentation and service. We will all be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown away!!LovPasoDined on 7/7/2014Great food, excellent service, very good wine list. Every dish was a winner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As per usual outstandingHunt4theBestDined on 7/5/2014We have eaten here many times... as per usual outstanding!
- WSMBDined on 7/4/2014We researched the reviews for a number of restaurants in Paso Robles before deciding to dine at Il Cortile and our expectations were surpassed. Food was superb, both for flavor and presentation and our waiter was very well-informed on the best wines to complement our meal.Special Features:
- Always memorable!dddyerDined on 7/3/2014I'll Cortile is truly the one place to put on your to do list when in Paso Robles. The wait staff is very attentive. Impeccable service! The menu changes with the seasons to offer only the freshest ingredients. The asparagus with buratta & balsamic reduction is great starter, as well as the caprese salad. The tomatoes always ripened to sweet perfection. For the pasta course I have not been able to stray from the fresh paparadelli noodles with a wild boar. If they have the lobster special try it. Whole split lobster grilled with tomatoes in a light sauce & fresh pasta on the side. The braised beef shank with risotto will keep you going back for more! To end the meal the tiramisu, & panna cotta divine. All I can say is yum!Special Features:
- We always stop hereSanJoaquinMikeDined on 7/2/2014Consistantly a great place to dine with our favorite wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 6/30/2014Food superb. Service impeccable. Wines reasonably priced. We visit every time we get to paso RoblesSpecial Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/30/2014Wow, what a find!!! I ordered their specials, which included Pork Osso Bucco and Caprese Antipasti. But another item on the menu intrigued me, the Pappardelle al Aragosta. But how can I have two meals in one sitting! How can I make this work? Well, luckily, the dish my husband had planned to order, Fettuccini con Buffalo, was advised to be on the sweeter side. So instead, our server suggested either the Pappardelle al Aragosta or Spaghetti nero alla bortargga. My husband chose the Pappardelle. That dish was plate licking delicious, as was my Pork Osso Bucco and its accompanying risotto. Desserts hit another high note. Service that evening was gracious and flawless. We left sated and longing for our next visit to Il Cortile.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014We were in town meeting friends from across the country. Food was exemplary and service outstanding. The recommendation from friends and local establishments were dead on, this is a great place. Comfortable setting and loved our waiter. Can't lose here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Even wine by the glass should be served at an appropriate temperature. Serving ice-cold wine because management doesn't want to be bothered with ice buckets just doesn't cut it.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY SUPERB!AronVIPDined on 6/28/2014We returned to Il Cortile a second time, and like the first, were equally wowed. The octopus appetizer is exquisite and addicting. The standout dish was the grilled lobster, with spaghetti in a mild arabiatta sauce. This was so good, that it makes it difficult to consider trying anything else on the menu! The service was extremely attentive and knowledgeable; although we brought our own wine, the wine list showed some outstanding wines which we were familiar with and have had in the past. Would not hesitate to recommend this gem of a restaurant to anyone who relishes great food! We will be regulars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Service and foodDennisDined on 6/27/2014Always a great food experience. Started with a Caprese Salad that was very creative with pears, heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and organic greens with perfect amount of aged basalmic vinegar. Our next course was a shared plate of truffled risotto, generous shavings of truffle over the piping hot risotto. I had the oso bucco and my wife had an outstanding shrimp on spaghetti with a special burrata topping. Our wine was a rose from Tablas Creek. Dinner was the molten chocalate cake with a scoop of vanilla gelato, yumm!Special Features:
- PinotPaulVIPDined on 6/24/2014What a wonderful find. Caprese salad with tomatoes that tasted like they were right off the vine. Fabulous risotto with truffles -- must have if available. Delightful salmon done perfectly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian!!!1FallbrookfoodieDined on 6/23/2014Such a treat to our discriminating pallets and a wonderful dining experience we recently had while staying in Paso Robles! We'd read a lot about this place and were expecting great food, but it even surpassed our expectations! The salad was well balanced and perfectly dressed. The scallop appetizer was served on a bed of squid ink polenta and was the best I've ever had! Both my husband and I ordered the homemade pappardelle pasta, his with scrumptious, tender pieces of wild boar, and mine (black from squid ink) with luscious chucks of lobster! Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable while adding to our fine dining experience with terrific service. We highly recommend this wonderful restaurant ;-) Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!CSLODined on 6/23/2014I have eaten here several times and is NEVER disappoints. Food, wine, service - the best you'll find in Paso or anywhere. Carol is just as great as the food!Special Features: