Il Cortile Restaurant
125 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cortile Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilcortile.com/
- Phone: (212) 226-6060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Il Cortile Restaurant
IL Cortile has been family owned and run since 1975. A neighborhood staple for almost 35 years the Esposito family continues the tradition of sparing nothing to provide only the highest quality ingredients in all Cortile dishes. We are a full Service Restaurant Establishment offering both A-La-Carte dinning and a wide variety of pre-fix menu"s for group gatherings as well as off premise catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Cortile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)romantic (28)good for groups (26)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great food, friendly atmosphere.JASMDined on 11/22/2014Very inviting! Very authentic Italian cuisine and staff! We really enjoyed the seafood pasta! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Little Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Dined here for my husband's birthday while in NYC for the weekend. The long cab ride from Times Square to Little Italy (in trafffic) was worth the wait! Would come here again every trip to NY! Kids were wih us and they loved it too. Specials were unique and delicious. My daughter had lobster ravioli, my son fettucini alfredo with shrimp. I had the traditional chicken parm and my husband a unique seafood special. All amazing. In fact, everything (bread, wine, appetizers, dinner) was delicious. You can tell this is a neighborhood restaurant and quite popular as many people knew each other which made it even more fun. We enjoyed being part of the ambiance for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014I'm so happy to have eaten in Il Cortile, it's always a special great. The food is wonderful- great quality. If want better than average Italian food, this is the restaurant o go to. Service is excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very disappointing.kjb27flwDined on 11/16/2014Great atmosphere and attentive staff, but bad food is bad food. My "stuffed" shrimp was not stuffed but sitting among a pile of mushrooms, peppers and gorgonzola cheese - totally overcooked. The meat ravioli totally unforgettable. The calamari flavorless - but the marinara sauce was great. When I left most of my shrimp dish untouched and the server asked how it was - I told him. The manager brought over a complimentary dessert. It was a white cake with fruit in it - melon. It was not good - the bottom layer totally dry (and it didn't taste good). We were looking for an authentic Italian meal and boy were we disappointed.
- The food was good, but used to be even betterNYCJeanVIPDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is our go to place when we have visitors to NY. We have noticed that the portion sizes have increased over the years and the ambiance is not as good as it used to be. There was a party in the next room which was very loud and their microphones kept ringing from feedback issues. It was annoying and hard to have a good conversation. The waiter suggested a very good house wine which we enjoyed but the service otherwise was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/7/2014Service was great, very attentive. Bolognese was best I've had in years.Special Features:
- sportydogDined on 11/6/2014Consistently good food. I have eaten here several times. Large dinner portions at a reasonable price. I had the monkfish but had the white sauce changed to a red sauce; it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet mignon could have been betterJJKNYCDined on 11/1/2014I expect much tasty and real cooked rare my filet mignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Italian RestaurantjulianaoliveiraDined on 10/28/2014Good italian food, not many options of wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a sure-fire pleaserKarenBBBVIPDined on 10/24/2014Italian waiters lend an authentic feel to this Mulberry Street gem. Love the Chicken Francese, the seafood pasta, salads are huge and wonderful. Many happy memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014What a find! Thank you opentable.com for having wonderful dining options. I have not been disappointed yet and Il Cortile topped the dining list on this 4 day vacation to The City. It felt as though we were enjoying dinner at home with their family of servers and chefs. Spot on perfect sauce, great service!Special Features:
- Meh food, but over pricedtad1232000VIPDined on 10/18/2014You really pay for the location, not worth it. Overpriced and not very good food or wine. Def not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food is good, but took an hour for our dinner to be served -- not worth that! And waiter didn't come back to check on our table once! Busboys took care of us.
- The best in Little Italy!GreatDined on 10/11/2014This is one of my favorite places to go, the first time I went there was 1979! The food is amazing and the service is the best I have ever had, go there you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okPoorserviceVIPDined on 10/11/2014not very crowded yet given table for two by the kitchen...hence ambiance gets a knock From NY so I can deal with a impersonal waiter but did find it odd that as he was delivering the table next to us their main courses as he was passing another table he stopped and showed them each dish....."and this is the rigatoni " ...shoes it to the table next to meet first then went over to the table it was intended for...did it with 3 dishes.. Had the veal Parmesan...very average.. Rigatoni with mushroom..my teen daughter who is not to very picky has two bites and was unimpressed..
- Little Italy Gem!donnybaseballVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I ate here, as this restaurant was highly recommended. The food was fantastic, I would not hesitate to return to this restaurant. If you like great food, you will not be disappointed....Special Features:
- Love this Restaurant!Foodie123Dined on 10/8/2014Our server, Frank, made the experience a great one! He was attentive and witty and made great suggestions. A very impressive menu and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Terrific dinner location!RonnieDined on 10/5/2014We were meeting friends from England who were visiting NYC on holiday. We chose Il Cortile for dinner because of the great location, it's ambiance, and having experienced their delicious food in the past. Once again we were not disappointed and the diverse menu was thoroughly enjoyed by our out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelMelgDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed our time here food was lovely n thoroughly enjoyed it xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/25/2014The menu was so extensive it took us awhile to decide. They also had great gluten free choices. Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. Service was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- it was okayItalysFinestDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of four people dining on a Saturday evening. It wasnt packed at all, in fact, there were only maybe another four tables of people. Very quiet. We were seated right away, but after that, the service took a long time. The food was okay. The people I went with said it was okay and finished their plates, however, i could only eat a quarter of my chicken dish because it tasted like pure salt.
- Always a stop when in NYC1EagleDined on 9/12/2014Regardless of where else we dine while in the city, Il Cortile is a must do stop. The food quality, selection and service are always top notch. Add to that the Little Italy location and Il Cortile makes for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood pastaDianaVIPDined on 9/12/2014The seafood pasta was loaded with perfectly cooked seafood!
- Best of the Best in Little ItalySusanVIPDined on 9/11/2014There are many restaurants up and down Mulberry Street but they are not all created equal. Resist the urge to wander into the first restaurant that looks good and steer yourself to Il Cortile where the food is out of this world. There is a lovely dining patio out front, but if you wish a quieter setting, ask to be seated in the garden atrium. Full of character and quiet. Service is outstanding....ice water and a big bread basket appear instantly and the menu is printed on a gold-sealed folded paper. We were a party of four and each dish was excellent. The veal dishes were creatively prepared and were the best we had ever eaten. Interesting wine selection and an array of yummy deserts. This is the place to eat if you love good food.Special Features:
- The place to govpmad1Dined on 9/8/2014Il Cortile came highly recommended to me from several sources. Although I don't live IN NYC, I live nearby. When cousins came visiting from California, I volunteered to be their guide in the city, and I wanted to treat them to a nice dinner in Little Italy. Il Cortile did NOT disappoint. We were greeted warmly, and given a lovely table underneath a skylight. The menu is extensive, filled with wonderful Italian fare, all of it deliciously fresh. Our server, Frank, was just the right balance of speed, courtesy and helpfulness. The rest of the waitstaff was also courteous and efficient. The food was delicious, and although the desserts looked wonderful, I only had room to finish off with a nice cappuccino. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We found this place using Open Table and had plans to go to another restaurant in the same vicinity. After reading the reviews for this place, we decided to give it a try just in case we needed reservations. We had an absolute perfect time. The food, service and ambiance were great. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great food at an OK priceJAYinNYCDined on 9/4/2014Sitting outside on a cool summer night was a great experience. Service was fantastic and the waiters were very attentive and jovial. Good food but perhaps a bit overpriced for the area.Special Features:
- zazie86VIPDined on 9/2/2014Cousins asked to lunch at an Italian restaurant in Little Italy. I remembered a sun-filled atrium, greenery, marble statues, bricks and bright color and chose Il Cortile on Mulberry Street.. The cousins arrived late, but the waitstaff was very cordial while we waited. To keep cool, we ate inside with an outside view and ordered iced tea. The bread refills were free, not so the tea. I erred with the gamberi fantasia (jumbo shrimp stuffed and wrapped). My husband said the shrimp scampi was only okay, however the cousins enjoyed several of the appetizers as lunch. Italian is not my favorite cuisine, and, to me, the food did not measure up to the décor and service; however, my cousins had a wonderful time, and that’s what counts.Special Features:
- AmandaDined on 9/1/2014I didn't think the Italian food was that good at all. Everything was a little bland for me. I eat a lot of Italian food and this is not a place I would go back to. This whole street was a little too touristy. Go a street or two over and the food is much better. The people around us seemed to enjoy their food at this restaurant, so maybe everything I chose was just not the restaurants best dish. Not sure, but I wouldn't ever go back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night Dinnerpfg33VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went with my girlfriend this Sunday night. There is a glass-roof atrium inside that gives the room an outdoor feel. Sal, our waiter, was very friendly and attentive. We planned on splitting our entrees (mushroom risotto and filet mignon), so Sal put both items on our respective plates, which was a nice touch. Recommended and would definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The service was outstanding. The food had an amazing taste from the first bite! I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il cortileIldisillusionedDined on 8/28/2014We had a reservation for dinner @ 7:45 on a Thursday evening for a party of four adults. Service was so slow. Our meals did not come to the table for 45 minutes. We ordered pasta dishes which were very good. Noise level is very high and ambience was a zero.
- Taste of ItalyLuckyDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food and atmosphere! We celebrated my sisters birthday dinner here. Would definitely recommend this place for its delicious food and ambiance! Service was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindHappyDinerDined on 8/20/2014It was nice to be able to find a restaurant in Little Italy that offered gluten free pasta, penne or spaghetti. My entree was delicious and the place was very nice.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had never been here, sitting outside and enjoying the culture of Little Italy with the delicious food was great. My husband stated that the chicken marsala was the "best he ever had", my daughter loved everything about it as well as myself, down to the delicious cappucino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I had an open table reservation and was still seated a half hour later. We were sat down and didn't see our server for drinks for another 20 minutes. The food was very good once we got it but it did come out at separate times not all at once for our dinners. So one person in our party didn't have food while we all waited. It was very authentic italian food that was delicious but I wouldn't go back because of the service/experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.SuzyQVIPDined on 8/15/2014Il Cortile is an authentic Italian restaurant. The waiters are from Italy and often speak Italian to enhance the feel of being in Italy. The food is outstanding and nothing is overpriced. Well worth the visit if you're ever in Manhattan's Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulAtlantanDined on 8/15/2014Even though in the midst of touristy Little Italy, Il Cortile continues to deliver a high level of Italian food and ambience. For us, it's the Italian food fix we have to have when visiting NYC. The very serene Garden Room sets the tone. And the classic food delivers a memorable evening. A hint: be sure to try the sausage/artichoke pie appetizer.Special Features:
- Amazing!McstangleDined on 8/9/2014Everyone was thrilled with their food, best marinara sauce I have ever had. Great service, and it has a cute courtyard area in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy GemNetcharDined on 8/3/2014Had lunch here with five friends. Found it on Trip Advisor. Food was excellent and the service 5 star. Wine was delicious and the location right in the middle of Little ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.