Il Cortile Restaurant
125 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cortile Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilcortile.com/
- Phone: 2122266060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Il Cortile Restaurant
IL Cortile has been family owned and run since 1975. A neighborhood staple for almost 35 years the Esposito family continues the tradition of sparing nothing to provide only the highest quality ingredients in all Cortile dishes. We are a full Service Restaurant Establishment offering both A-La-Carte dinning and a wide variety of pre-fix menu"s for group gatherings as well as off premise catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Cortile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (31)romantic (30)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (12)scenic view (10)notable wine list (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Il cortileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We had a reservation for dinner @ 7:45 on a Thursday evening for a party of four adults. Service was so slow. Our meals did not come to the table for 45 minutes. We ordered pasta dishes which were very good. Noise level is very high and ambience was a zero.
- Taste of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food and atmosphere! We celebrated my sisters birthday dinner here. Would definitely recommend this place for its delicious food and ambiance! Service was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindHappyDinerDined on 8/20/2014It was nice to be able to find a restaurant in Little Italy that offered gluten free pasta, penne or spaghetti. My entree was delicious and the place was very nice.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had never been here, sitting outside and enjoying the culture of Little Italy with the delicious food was great. My husband stated that the chicken marsala was the "best he ever had", my daughter loved everything about it as well as myself, down to the delicious cappucino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I had an open table reservation and was still seated a half hour later. We were sat down and didn't see our server for drinks for another 20 minutes. The food was very good once we got it but it did come out at separate times not all at once for our dinners. So one person in our party didn't have food while we all waited. It was very authentic italian food that was delicious but I wouldn't go back because of the service/experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.SuzyQVIPDined on 8/15/2014Il Cortile is an authentic Italian restaurant. The waiters are from Italy and often speak Italian to enhance the feel of being in Italy. The food is outstanding and nothing is overpriced. Well worth the visit if you're ever in Manhattan's Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulAtlantanDined on 8/15/2014Even though in the midst of touristy Little Italy, Il Cortile continues to deliver a high level of Italian food and ambience. For us, it's the Italian food fix we have to have when visiting NYC. The very serene Garden Room sets the tone. And the classic food delivers a memorable evening. A hint: be sure to try the sausage/artichoke pie appetizer.Special Features:
- Amazing!McstangleDined on 8/9/2014Everyone was thrilled with their food, best marinara sauce I have ever had. Great service, and it has a cute courtyard area in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy GemNetcharDined on 8/3/2014Had lunch here with five friends. Found it on Trip Advisor. Food was excellent and the service 5 star. Wine was delicious and the location right in the middle of Little ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Cortile - eh!JeffinshVIPDined on 8/2/2014For a bustling Saturday evening in early August on Mulberry Street, Il Cortile was quieter than most of the other places along the strip. Our olive oil was old with a bitter taste. The waiter happily gave us a fresher replacement but in very little quantity. The manager thought it necessary to come over to our table and admonish us for this ask and I put in gently, yet firmly in his place. He picked a fight with me which was so unnecessary and unprofessional. The food was wine but not special and there were 9 of us who felt the same way. Mediocre wine was overpriced. We will never be back.
- wish we sat outdoorsDanyloDined on 8/2/2014Food value was great. Quality was very good and so was the service. Definitely sit outdoors as there is much to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in Little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Really great Italian Food served hot and full of flavor. A great value too. Great mature Italian wine for $60 instead of $120-$150 in other restaurants. The waiters are hilarious. They joke with you. Argue with one another a little bit over how much they had to help. All part of being Authentic. The sidewalk tables overlooking the sideshow of Mulberry street) are the best place to sit on a nice summer evening. But our group was too big so we had to go inside where maybe the lights are a little too bright and the ambience not so rustic . Still a great relaxing place to eat though. Unlike Midtown restaurants where space is calculated with a ruler and eating time with a stop watch. You have plenty of space and never feel rushed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Little ItalyImnotyourmommaVIPDined on 7/30/2014It's always a "Must do" when I visit NY and have been going there for over 40 years. Celebrated my B-Day with family and enjoyed the Veal Chop, one of their specialties. Everyone ordered something different and my 25-43 "Foodie" kids raved about the meal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, variable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding! Each member in our party of four was very pleased with their entrees. The filet mignons were cooked perfectly to the request, all pasta was fresh, sauces delicious, and a fabulous risotto. Calamari appetizer was tender, bread basket was yummy. The Garden Room seating was very pleasant. Our waiter was abrupt; I asked for a wine list and he named 5 wines rather than producing a list. He never smiled and seemed annoyed that we weren't in a rush. Bus staff was attentive and pleasant however when we declined desserts, bus staff immediately whisked every item off our table, clearly anxious to reset it for next guests. However the quality food and delightful ambience would bring me back next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:
- Worth the VisitBobGVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good and the service was good in most ways. Attractive setting. Can accommodate groups. Have been there several times before, although not recently. Hasn't lost a step.Special Features:
- Weekend GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My fiance and I decided to take a mini weekend vacation to NYC. We found Il Cortile on Google and decided we would try it. I had the Lobster Ravioli, which was sub par. The filling was more of a lobster stuffing, with more stuffing than lobster. My fiance got the veal parm. It was incredible. The sauce was tangy and sweet and the veal was tender and salty, creating the perfect balance.Special Features:
- Going downhillRayWVIPDined on 7/16/2014Il Cortile has lost it's luster and charm. I've been frequenting this establishment in Little Italy for 15 years during virtually each time I'm in NYC. While it's courtyard is still pleasant, the quality of the food has diminished and it seems salt has replaced authentic ingredients. In addition, the wait staff is no longer Italian, nor attentive, which in my view, was a big part of the appeal.
- Poor ServiceJohnKVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our dining experience was a huge disappointment. Huge disappointment. First we waited about 1/2 hour for a waiter to come by.One person in our group ordered 2 appetizers as an entree. One of them came out with her salad. She sent it back until the right time. Eventually when we were done with our salads, they brought the same dish back out - eggplant rollatini - mushed down and browned on top from being re-heated (poorly). My husband's dinner came out with that - scallops - which he loved. My dinner came out about 25 minutes later when they were done. It was pasta with pesto. I asked for shrimp with it - 5 or 6 overcooked, tough shrimp. The 4th person in our party ate about 30 minutes after I got my dinner.
- Excellent Dining Experience!EileenDined on 7/10/2014With so any restaurants to choose from in Little Italy, it's basically a crap shoot! Let me narrow your selection process to one of the best (may be THE best, but I do hold back since I haven't tried them all). First off, we were able to park on the street in front of the restaurant. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival. The waiter, Angelo, was extremely experienced, attentive, and helpful. The food was amazing, the service was impeccible and pricing was affordable. Each of us in our party of four had a main meal, and we shared three appertizers. The cocktails were professionally made, and the wine was excellent. Hands down, this is an excellent restaurant in Little Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garbage Tourist TrapOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014The ONLY positive here is the ability to sit outside in Little Italy and do some people watching....food below average....service is horrid...stay away.Special Features:
- Best lobster ravioli in NYNYscenefoodloverDined on 7/5/2014Last saturday 5th july I returned to Il Cortile in little Italy NY. I tryed among other plates the most amazing lobster ravioli ever! chef sugestion, it was not on the menu. Amazing full of flavour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Old School Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Just what one expects when dining out in NYC's little ItalySpecial Features:
- Great findkitkatDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere and the food were exceptional for this Italian restaurant. We shared the fried calamari appetizer which my kids absolutely loved. My son had the best Filet he has ever tasted. I enjoyed the Linguini with clams. My daughter asked for a special order which they put together for her. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- FantasticLouAnnDined on 6/20/2014One of the best Italian meals that I have ever had! Staff was very attentitive and friendly. I also loved the decor, comfortable Italian setting.Special Features:
- Great ItalianTimmstirDined on 6/18/2014Great Italian with attentive staff at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- A gem in Little Italy!NYCgirls6Dined on 6/14/2014This was our second visit to Il Cortile and it was just as delicious as we remembered it to be. The courtyard dining is great for a group and the waiters are very friendly and helpful. As for the food, by fsr the best Italian food I have ever eaten. We were a group of 6 and everyone loved their meal. It is a definite stop on our trip every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Italy RestaurantpmnyVIPDined on 6/13/2014One of the better establishments in Little Italy. Good quality food. Great service! This restaurant is big for Little Italy. It has three dinning areas. The main dinning area with the sky light is the nicest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!!!LynnDined on 6/13/2014We tried outdoor dining . I have to admit I am not generally a fan. It was fantastic. Although several tourists took our photos which was kind of strange. The best thing about Il Cortile. Order whatever you like...even if its not on the menu and they will make it for you. Service was outstanding! Food delicious. A perfect lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was good. But the atmsophere was great. Ate outside on a beautiful evening, in the heart of Little Italy!
- Best restaurant in Little ItalydjdeanVIPDined on 6/1/2014Great food and service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014We have been going here since the late 1970's......A real drop in service......Food remains good, but attitude needs to change......Will need to thinl long and hard about trying it again soon......
- Great FoodFLOATVIPDined on 5/26/2014This is our third time we have visited this restaurant in Little Italy. The food and the service is great. The wine is very expensive by the glass($10 per glass).Special Features:
- Great Italian on Mulberry St.DavidOutVIPDined on 5/21/2014We returned to Il Cortile a great Italian meal. The Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basile were a great started for everyone. The Fettuccine de Parma was outstanding and we enjoyed a side of hugh meatballs. We all had an outstanding dinner at this great family restaurant in the heart of "Little Italy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown awayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014My husband and I decided to splurge on dinner one night while in the city and Il Cortile was our pick. We got a nice bottle of wine, appetizer, and two large entrees all for less than $200. The food was amazing and the wait staff was excellent! We will be going back during our next trip to NYC!Special Features:
- decent italianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Pretty good italian food. I love the ambience of Little Italy and this was a fun experience for my friends (first time to New York). Lobster ravioli and penne with bolognese were good. The wait staff was not very attentive - took our order, brought our food promptly and then disappeared. I think there are other places to find good Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic classic ItalianRS1999VIPDined on 5/10/2014Early dinner w 2 kids (10&12). Found Il Cortile, ambience was very friendly, decor great, and the food fantastic. Eggplant rollatine dripping w cheese, pesto pasta and stuffed gnocchi delicious. But the trophy was the Sunday sauce- fantastic. Kids and I had a real blast and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delicious mealCnote63Dined on 5/9/2014My wife and I enjoy Il cortile for the authentic Italian food, outstanding service and enjoyable atmosphere. there is ample room to relax, waitstaff is very personable and italian is spoken here. Food is consistently very good and the montepulciano wine by the glass is very good as well. Try the limoncello for an after dinner aperitif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cortile reviewAb1986Dined on 5/4/2014I am allergic to gluten, asked specifically for a gluten free plate (they offer gluten free pasta) and was not given it. Later I broke out in a rash.
- Good Stuffbob1Dined on 5/3/2014Nice menu, fine wine list, very good late night service. Very good.Special Features:
- Tourist trap in Little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014Subpar food and inattentive service. Nothing charming or authentic here -- just dated and messy.
- The following 247 reviews are from the Il Cortile Restaurant reviews archive.