Il Cortile Restaurant
125 Mulberry Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cortile Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilcortile.com/
- Phone: 2122266060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Il Cortile Restaurant
IL Cortile has been family owned and run since 1975. A neighborhood staple for almost 35 years the Esposito family continues the tradition of sparing nothing to provide only the highest quality ingredients in all Cortile dishes. We are a full Service Restaurant Establishment offering both A-La-Carte dinning and a wide variety of pre-fix menu"s for group gatherings as well as off premise catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Cortile Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)romantic (31)special occasion (29)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (23)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (10)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- MelMelgDined on 9/27/2014Really enjoyed our time here food was lovely n thoroughly enjoyed it xSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okayItalysFinestDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of four people dining on a Saturday evening. It wasnt packed at all, in fact, there were only maybe another four tables of people. Very quiet. We were seated right away, but after that, the service took a long time. The food was okay. The people I went with said it was okay and finished their plates, however, i could only eat a quarter of my chicken dish because it tasted like pure salt.
- Always a stop when in NYC1EagleDined on 9/12/2014Regardless of where else we dine while in the city, Il Cortile is a must do stop. The food quality, selection and service are always top notch. Add to that the Little Italy location and Il Cortile makes for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood pastaDianaVIPDined on 9/12/2014The seafood pasta was loaded with perfectly cooked seafood!
- Best of the Best in Little ItalySusanVIPDined on 9/11/2014There are many restaurants up and down Mulberry Street but they are not all created equal. Resist the urge to wander into the first restaurant that looks good and steer yourself to Il Cortile where the food is out of this world. There is a lovely dining patio out front, but if you wish a quieter setting, ask to be seated in the garden atrium. Full of character and quiet. Service is outstanding....ice water and a big bread basket appear instantly and the menu is printed on a gold-sealed folded paper. We were a party of four and each dish was excellent. The veal dishes were creatively prepared and were the best we had ever eaten. Interesting wine selection and an array of yummy deserts. This is the place to eat if you love good food.Special Features:
- The place to govpmad1Dined on 9/8/2014Il Cortile came highly recommended to me from several sources. Although I don't live IN NYC, I live nearby. When cousins came visiting from California, I volunteered to be their guide in the city, and I wanted to treat them to a nice dinner in Little Italy. Il Cortile did NOT disappoint. We were greeted warmly, and given a lovely table underneath a skylight. The menu is extensive, filled with wonderful Italian fare, all of it deliciously fresh. Our server, Frank, was just the right balance of speed, courtesy and helpfulness. The rest of the waitstaff was also courteous and efficient. The food was delicious, and although the desserts looked wonderful, I only had room to finish off with a nice cappuccino. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We found this place using Open Table and had plans to go to another restaurant in the same vicinity. After reading the reviews for this place, we decided to give it a try just in case we needed reservations. We had an absolute perfect time. The food, service and ambiance were great. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great food at an OK priceJAYinNYCDined on 9/4/2014Sitting outside on a cool summer night was a great experience. Service was fantastic and the waiters were very attentive and jovial. Good food but perhaps a bit overpriced for the area.Special Features:
- zazie86VIPDined on 9/2/2014Cousins asked to lunch at an Italian restaurant in Little Italy. I remembered a sun-filled atrium, greenery, marble statues, bricks and bright color and chose Il Cortile on Mulberry Street.. The cousins arrived late, but the waitstaff was very cordial while we waited. To keep cool, we ate inside with an outside view and ordered iced tea. The bread refills were free, not so the tea. I erred with the gamberi fantasia (jumbo shrimp stuffed and wrapped). My husband said the shrimp scampi was only okay, however the cousins enjoyed several of the appetizers as lunch. Italian is not my favorite cuisine, and, to me, the food did not measure up to the décor and service; however, my cousins had a wonderful time, and that’s what counts.Special Features:
- AmandaDined on 9/1/2014I didn't think the Italian food was that good at all. Everything was a little bland for me. I eat a lot of Italian food and this is not a place I would go back to. This whole street was a little too touristy. Go a street or two over and the food is much better. The people around us seemed to enjoy their food at this restaurant, so maybe everything I chose was just not the restaurants best dish. Not sure, but I wouldn't ever go back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night Dinnerpfg33VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went with my girlfriend this Sunday night. There is a glass-roof atrium inside that gives the room an outdoor feel. Sal, our waiter, was very friendly and attentive. We planned on splitting our entrees (mushroom risotto and filet mignon), so Sal put both items on our respective plates, which was a nice touch. Recommended and would definitely dine here again!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The service was outstanding. The food had an amazing taste from the first bite! I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il cortileIldisillusionedDined on 8/28/2014We had a reservation for dinner @ 7:45 on a Thursday evening for a party of four adults. Service was so slow. Our meals did not come to the table for 45 minutes. We ordered pasta dishes which were very good. Noise level is very high and ambience was a zero.
- Taste of ItalyLuckyDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food and atmosphere! We celebrated my sisters birthday dinner here. Would definitely recommend this place for its delicious food and ambiance! Service was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindHappyDinerDined on 8/20/2014It was nice to be able to find a restaurant in Little Italy that offered gluten free pasta, penne or spaghetti. My entree was delicious and the place was very nice.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We had never been here, sitting outside and enjoying the culture of Little Italy with the delicious food was great. My husband stated that the chicken marsala was the "best he ever had", my daughter loved everything about it as well as myself, down to the delicious cappucino.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic service was slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014I had an open table reservation and was still seated a half hour later. We were sat down and didn't see our server for drinks for another 20 minutes. The food was very good once we got it but it did come out at separate times not all at once for our dinners. So one person in our party didn't have food while we all waited. It was very authentic italian food that was delicious but I wouldn't go back because of the service/experience.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.SuzyQVIPDined on 8/15/2014Il Cortile is an authentic Italian restaurant. The waiters are from Italy and often speak Italian to enhance the feel of being in Italy. The food is outstanding and nothing is overpriced. Well worth the visit if you're ever in Manhattan's Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulAtlantanDined on 8/15/2014Even though in the midst of touristy Little Italy, Il Cortile continues to deliver a high level of Italian food and ambience. For us, it's the Italian food fix we have to have when visiting NYC. The very serene Garden Room sets the tone. And the classic food delivers a memorable evening. A hint: be sure to try the sausage/artichoke pie appetizer.Special Features:
- Amazing!McstangleDined on 8/9/2014Everyone was thrilled with their food, best marinara sauce I have ever had. Great service, and it has a cute courtyard area in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy GemNetcharDined on 8/3/2014Had lunch here with five friends. Found it on Trip Advisor. Food was excellent and the service 5 star. Wine was delicious and the location right in the middle of Little ItalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Cortile - eh!JeffinshVIPDined on 8/2/2014For a bustling Saturday evening in early August on Mulberry Street, Il Cortile was quieter than most of the other places along the strip. Our olive oil was old with a bitter taste. The waiter happily gave us a fresher replacement but in very little quantity. The manager thought it necessary to come over to our table and admonish us for this ask and I put in gently, yet firmly in his place. He picked a fight with me which was so unnecessary and unprofessional. The food was wine but not special and there were 9 of us who felt the same way. Mediocre wine was overpriced. We will never be back.
- wish we sat outdoorsDanyloDined on 8/2/2014Food value was great. Quality was very good and so was the service. Definitely sit outdoors as there is much to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in Little ItalyQuiteaGlitzyShowDined on 7/31/2014Really great Italian Food served hot and full of flavor. A great value too. Great mature Italian wine for $60 instead of $120-$150 in other restaurants. The waiters are hilarious. They joke with you. Argue with one another a little bit over how much they had to help. All part of being Authentic. The sidewalk tables overlooking the sideshow of Mulberry street) are the best place to sit on a nice summer evening. But our group was too big so we had to go inside where maybe the lights are a little too bright and the ambience not so rustic . Still a great relaxing place to eat though. Unlike Midtown restaurants where space is calculated with a ruler and eating time with a stop watch. You have plenty of space and never feel rushed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In Little ItalyImnotyourmommaVIPDined on 7/30/2014It's always a "Must do" when I visit NY and have been going there for over 40 years. Celebrated my B-Day with family and enjoyed the Veal Chop, one of their specialties. Everyone ordered something different and my 25-43 "Foodie" kids raved about the meal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, variable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding! Each member in our party of four was very pleased with their entrees. The filet mignons were cooked perfectly to the request, all pasta was fresh, sauces delicious, and a fabulous risotto. Calamari appetizer was tender, bread basket was yummy. The Garden Room seating was very pleasant. Our waiter was abrupt; I asked for a wine list and he named 5 wines rather than producing a list. He never smiled and seemed annoyed that we weren't in a rush. Bus staff was attentive and pleasant however when we declined desserts, bus staff immediately whisked every item off our table, clearly anxious to reset it for next guests. However the quality food and delightful ambience would bring me back next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:
- Worth the VisitBobGVIPDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good and the service was good in most ways. Attractive setting. Can accommodate groups. Have been there several times before, although not recently. Hasn't lost a step.Special Features:
- Weekend GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My fiance and I decided to take a mini weekend vacation to NYC. We found Il Cortile on Google and decided we would try it. I had the Lobster Ravioli, which was sub par. The filling was more of a lobster stuffing, with more stuffing than lobster. My fiance got the veal parm. It was incredible. The sauce was tangy and sweet and the veal was tender and salty, creating the perfect balance.Special Features:
- Going downhillRayWVIPDined on 7/16/2014Il Cortile has lost it's luster and charm. I've been frequenting this establishment in Little Italy for 15 years during virtually each time I'm in NYC. While it's courtyard is still pleasant, the quality of the food has diminished and it seems salt has replaced authentic ingredients. In addition, the wait staff is no longer Italian, nor attentive, which in my view, was a big part of the appeal.
- Poor ServiceJohnKVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our dining experience was a huge disappointment. Huge disappointment. First we waited about 1/2 hour for a waiter to come by.One person in our group ordered 2 appetizers as an entree. One of them came out with her salad. She sent it back until the right time. Eventually when we were done with our salads, they brought the same dish back out - eggplant rollatini - mushed down and browned on top from being re-heated (poorly). My husband's dinner came out with that - scallops - which he loved. My dinner came out about 25 minutes later when they were done. It was pasta with pesto. I asked for shrimp with it - 5 or 6 overcooked, tough shrimp. The 4th person in our party ate about 30 minutes after I got my dinner.
- Excellent Dining Experience!EileenDined on 7/10/2014With so any restaurants to choose from in Little Italy, it's basically a crap shoot! Let me narrow your selection process to one of the best (may be THE best, but I do hold back since I haven't tried them all). First off, we were able to park on the street in front of the restaurant. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival. The waiter, Angelo, was extremely experienced, attentive, and helpful. The food was amazing, the service was impeccible and pricing was affordable. Each of us in our party of four had a main meal, and we shared three appertizers. The cocktails were professionally made, and the wine was excellent. Hands down, this is an excellent restaurant in Little Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garbage Tourist TrapOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014The ONLY positive here is the ability to sit outside in Little Italy and do some people watching....food below average....service is horrid...stay away.Special Features:
- Best lobster ravioli in NYNYscenefoodloverDined on 7/5/2014Last saturday 5th july I returned to Il Cortile in little Italy NY. I tryed among other plates the most amazing lobster ravioli ever! chef sugestion, it was not on the menu. Amazing full of flavour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Old School Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Just what one expects when dining out in NYC's little ItalySpecial Features:
- Great findkitkatDined on 6/25/2014The atmosphere and the food were exceptional for this Italian restaurant. We shared the fried calamari appetizer which my kids absolutely loved. My son had the best Filet he has ever tasted. I enjoyed the Linguini with clams. My daughter asked for a special order which they put together for her. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- FantasticLouAnnDined on 6/20/2014One of the best Italian meals that I have ever had! Staff was very attentitive and friendly. I also loved the decor, comfortable Italian setting.Special Features:
- Great ItalianTimmstirDined on 6/18/2014Great Italian with attentive staff at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- A gem in Little Italy!NYCgirls6Dined on 6/14/2014This was our second visit to Il Cortile and it was just as delicious as we remembered it to be. The courtyard dining is great for a group and the waiters are very friendly and helpful. As for the food, by fsr the best Italian food I have ever eaten. We were a group of 6 and everyone loved their meal. It is a definite stop on our trip every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Italy RestaurantpmnyVIPDined on 6/13/2014One of the better establishments in Little Italy. Good quality food. Great service! This restaurant is big for Little Italy. It has three dinning areas. The main dinning area with the sky light is the nicest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!!!LynnDined on 6/13/2014We tried outdoor dining . I have to admit I am not generally a fan. It was fantastic. Although several tourists took our photos which was kind of strange. The best thing about Il Cortile. Order whatever you like...even if its not on the menu and they will make it for you. Service was outstanding! Food delicious. A perfect lunch.Special Features: