Il Cielo - Sanibel
1244 Periwinkle Way
Sanibel, FL 33957Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Il Cielo - Sanibel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ilcielo.laferty.com/
- Phone: 2394725555x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Monday thru Thursday 4:30pm until 9pm.
Friday and Saturday 4:30pm until 9:30pm.
Happy hour daily from 4:30pm until 6:00pm in the Bar / Lounge, includes small plates from $3.00 to $7.00 and two for one House wines, Domestic Beer and Cocktails.
Three course Prix Fixe menu from 4:30pm until 5:45pm. Featuring an Appetizer, House-made Soup or Salad and Entree with two glasses of wine per person for $38.00 each.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Neil Griffin
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Il Cielo - Sanibel
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Il Cielo - Sanibel - Best Restaurants in Sanibel ›
Il Cielo - Sanibel reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (46)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Anniversary successOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a quiet and relaxing evening for our anniversary at this wonderful restaurant! The food was amazing and seating comfortable! Would highly recommend and hope to go back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- georgeVIPDined on 10/16/2014Real excellence in all dimensions -- from interesting menu to terrific chef to fine service. Even the coffee is first-rate, one measure of a great restaurant.Special Features:
- georgeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Really excellent meal, with exceptional service -- wild mushroom risotto was especially good.Special Features:
- BansheeDined on 10/11/2014Had dinner at Il Cielo twice this month with friends. Place has a classy feeling. Piano was lovely Lamb was superb. Osso bucco really fine. Salads large and well made. Martinis a little stingy. Chef came out to check things out.. Nice touch. Not as pricey as imagined. May be the best on Sanibel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janiceDined on 10/9/2014Il Cielo's prix fixe including two glasses of wine (thirty-eight dollars) is an amazing adventure to sampling some of their fine dining gems. We are BFF who once a month select an upscale dining experience for our Girls' NIte Out throughout Lee and Collier Counties. Il Cielo is one of Sanibel's grand. It has a luxurious setting, flawless service, and an à la carte haute cuisine menu. Added to the friendliness was the most enjoyable pianist complementing the ambiance even more.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant!AnamarDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner at Il Cielo last Wednesday and had such a lovely time that we went back on Friday. Everything was perfect, and the piano music on Friday night was a real bonus. On Wednesday (Lorraine was wonderful, cheerful) we had the early dinner prix-fix, and on Friday (Tiffany also super) we had some great small plates. Had a wonderful bottle of Malbec, both nights. No complaints--NONE. We'll be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GatorNationVisitorDined on 10/1/2014Our first visit to this restaurant was memorable. Excellent service both friendly and attentive. Quality of food well above average. Excellent early bird menu including discounted bottles of wine. Wife raved about her lamb chops and my beef dish was very good. Excellent deserts. We will return on our next visit to Sanibel. You won't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paula812Dined on 9/16/2014We had great service and food. Would recommend to friends to try it out. Great esy special. Waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call restaurant impossibleWelltraveleddinerDined on 9/12/2014Very bland overall. House dipping sauce had no flavor. Escargot and lobster ravioli appetizers tasted like grocery store frozen items. Staff very pleasant and attentive for the most part. Need some fine tuning. For example, one twist of the pepper grinder and then walking away....I really needed more for the dull Caesar salad.
- sanibel go go fine dining placeDeeandsalDined on 9/6/2014dinner menu brief but really good selections. This is a return restaurant,do not miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceKBRSRVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restraurant is a true sleeper on Sanibel as the food, service and the setting are outstanding. We both had veal dishes that were tender and unbelievable quality . The piano player is extremely enjoyable as well and takes any suggestions you may have to play. If you haven't been to the restaurant, it is truly worth going .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again OutstandingEireneDined on 9/6/2014It had been a YEAR since we dined at Il Cielo. When my husband called for reservations for our 45th anniversary, the Manager asked if we wanted the SAME TABLE as last year! That was the first WOW! To put it simply, our anniversary dinner was simply PERFECT! It's hard to believe, but Scot MacDonald's music was even better than last year. We vowed to never wait another year between visits...so this past weekend we took good friends for dinner. That makes 2 visits in 2 weeks for us. We are very busy telling our friends about this fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music!betterthancookingDined on 9/4/2014The food, service and atmosphere is outstanding at Il Cielo. We had dined there, previously, when there was background music in the form of that "serious" easy listening pop music radio station. It did not suit the setting at all. The live piano music made all the difference! Now if they would just bring back the dance floor, they would be back to the romantic supper club feel of dining and dancing!! I'll settle for the live music, for now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageIsaacDined on 9/2/2014Our expectations were too high after reading the menu. We only enjoyed the wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful , wonderfulSheliotVIPDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful setting, beautiful restaurant, wonderful food, piano music a big bonus. All on all, a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!goodfoodJoeVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our first visit to Il Cielo even though we've wanted to try it since it opened. It was such a wonderful experience that we're returning with friends in a couple of weeks. I ordered from the prix fixe menu, (appetizer, soup or salad, entree, 2 glasses of wine, $38), and my wife ordered from the regular menu. The portion size of my courses were exactly the same as my wife's. Too often, a prix fixe portion is smaller than those on the regular menu. Walter, our server, was attentive and knowledgeable. The meals were delicious beyond our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sanibel GemSanibelMimiDined on 8/23/2014Il Cielo is a must do when you visit Sanibel. The beautiful ambience, delicious food, great chef and staff will ensure your evening is memorable. We have had many wonderful meals with friends here are look forward to our next visit to Il Cielo when we return to Sanibel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallMrMiaFLVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dined here with my gf and overall had a nice experience. We shared a salad to start & both ordered a glass of pinot noir. The wine was too warm; it wasn't kept in a wine cooler which is surprising for a restaurant of this caliber. We had the cowboy steak & salmon. My salmon was a little overcooked but was good. My gf enjoyed her steak. The presentation for both were very good. Our server was excellent, very friendly. However, my gf asked the food runner for some pepper for her steak. He returned with a large pepper mill but instead of adding the pepper to her steak he handed her the pepper mill, which was odd. Even with the few quirks I recommend this restaurant if you're looking for something upscale with a nice décor and ambiance.Special Features:
- Special Place for Special EventsLuluMaDined on 8/14/2014Il Cielo at Sanibel is a nicely located restaurant with a romantic ambience (ask for being seated in a booth). During our summer vacation we enjoyed dinner two times. The food variety and taste is top-notch. Menue offers high quality dishes of a modern American Cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the top of my list on Sanibel!JanieDined on 8/12/2014Superb food and great presentation. A great find on Sanibel! Loved this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherbDined on 7/31/2014Outstanding, service was outstanding we ordered: Scallops, Steak, Sword Fish and Lobster Ravioli (The Lobster Ravioli was lacking Lobster) Based on every thing else on the main course we would try it again just stay away from the Ravioli. There appetizers, and dessert were great. This is a MUST TRY RESTAURANT if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Delightrucooking2niteDined on 7/30/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant and it did not disappoint. The 3 of us ordered the price fix since we were there between 4:40-6:00. Every course was delicious. The price fix also included to glasses of the wine of your choice. This is a fine dining restaurant for special occasions since it is a bit pricey. But I don't mind paying more for quality. The service was as good as the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Just a LOVELY evening all the way around. The restaurant is beautiful - inside and out. All of the service staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. We sat in the "piano" area and it was surprisingly not too loud and provided the right amount of back ground entertainment without taking away from a fabulous meal. We had the pan roasted local fish - which was black grouper - with crab and asparagus. Absolutely fantastic and not too rich. Will make this a MUST DO every time we go back to Sanibel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerslstDined on 7/19/2014The food was great -- even if you're not a vegetarian, I'd recommend the chef's vegetarian inspiration as it was amazing. Husband had appetizers from the happy hour menu and all were tasty as well. Server was friendly and took good care of us. We will definitely go there again whenever we visit Sanibel.Special Features:
- very good food, lovely evening!0mommalisaDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Our waiter was very nice and our meal was outstanding. We enjoyed our dinners. I had the filet and my husband had the veal and shrimp both were delicious. We will be back to dine during our next visit to Sanibel. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindbbarnestxDined on 7/15/2014A wonderful experience at a great value price for their pre fixe meal package served until 6:30pm. You get an appetizer, soup or salad, entrée and TWO glasses of house wine for $38. Walter provided excellent and attentive service. Marcus was a very gracious and accommodating host. Lovely ambience and great menu choices. Definitely a keeper for our annual Sanibel treks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and tastyBad42Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent and if you eat before 6:30 the special menu is a great way to go. Includes two glasses if wine.Special Features:
- Impressed....MargaretDined on 7/5/2014Having heard el Cielo was a bit stuffy we were pleasantly surprised. Philip the bartender/server was fabulous and attentive, the food rocked AND there was music- GOOD music. What a treat ! We will be backSpecial Features:
- Very nice restaurantStaceyDined on 7/3/2014We had their summer special early menu. Very good selection and food delicious. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Everything about our visit was a 10 out of 10! The service, the ambiance and the food was perfect. We had a party of 6 who were celebrating a birthday. Some of us choose off of the special early menu and others from the main menu...without exception the food was inventive and delicious. So good in fact that we returned the second night of our stay in Sanibel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Great place. We will be back next year when we return to the Islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Dining on SanibelknightlifeDined on 7/1/2014This is a must visit restaurant on Sanibel. The waiter and entire staff was very attentive, with atmosphere warm and cozy. The chef came out to our table to personally greet us, and then came out again to make sure our food was cooked to perfection. The meal was excellent, and our 5 year old grandson was with us, and they treated him like royalty. There is food for all taste in a fine dining experience, with a very nice selection of wine. We will return.Special Features:
- Sanibelvisitorreviewhawaii50Dined on 6/25/2014Great all-around fine dining for all family and couples. Menu selections can suit most tastes. The food is expertly prepared and very tasty. Service is very good because of team serving and friendly staff. Don't let the restaurant name mislead you to the type of food. It's all around American.Special Features:
- Great diningLondonersDined on 6/25/2014This on two visits proved into be the best in South Florida.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Il Cielo - Sanibel reviews archive.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014My husband & I celebrated our anniversary at Il Cielo. It was a wonderful experience. The atmosphere was very romantic with live piano music. The food was delicious. We even had a visit with the chef & a personalized desert. By far the best overall experience we've had for any anniversary celebration to date. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ~~~ Very nice ~~~OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Il Cielo is a welcome change of pace from the island's other dining options. The dining room was quiet and the tables are well-spaced. Everyone in our group raved about their food choice. Desserts were fabulous - especially Creme Brulee and the elegant Key Lime Pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Moc98VIPDined on 6/17/2014This was one of these meals I've ever had. The food service and cocktails were all unbelievable! Walter our server was impeccable! His menu knowledge and friendliness couldn't have been better. Even the host greeted us in a way that we felt was so rare as he was so polite and friendly. The appetizers were to die for and the meals were flawless. The dessert was new and is one I will crave from now on. The staff, chef and bartender should all be well aware of the excellence in what they do. Please share this with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!FoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014The title of this review says it all! Just a fabulous restaurant, warm and friendly staff, and our waiter (Walter) was a gem!! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,unpolished serviceLadywholunchesDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is very pretty, a lot of thought went into the decor. The food was very good. In all an enjoyable experience except that the waiter was unpolished I his serving. If you are going to run the type of restaurant where the ordered bottle of wine is kept on ice away from the table that ordered it you must teach your waiters to check on whether the customer's glass is empty. In two instances we asked a passing wait staff person to fill our glasses not our waiter who never checked on us. And it wasn't until we flagged him down that we got to finish our wine, this was very annoying and made the experience less than the 5 stars it would otherwise deserve. Walter was our waiter.Special Features:
- Attention to detail!!FoodLoversDined on 6/12/2014The food at Il Cielo is much more than just a meal- every morsel is in its intended spot and cooked to perfection. There is no doubt that Chef Neil makes a great effort and the protein on the plate isn't the only star. The dining room is comfortable and clean- the staff unobtrusive and basically the restaurant is managed such that it is always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features: