IL Cielo Ristorante
3681 Nottingham Way
Hamilton, NJ 08690Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
IL Cielo Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcielohamilton.com/
- Phone: 6095875800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from IL Cielo Ristorante
IL Cielo Ristorante Italiano is a family-run restaurant in Hamlton New Jersey. We are proud to serve exquisite and authentic Italian cuisine. The combination of our amazing made to order Pastas, Sauces, Seafood Entrees, and Steaks along with our Sophisticted, yet casual atmosphere, allows us to welcome many regulars from the Hamilton and the surrounding area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
IL Cielo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 1/25/2014I think this is a very nice place to come for good quality food. They are very solid and dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemJoeNJDined on 1/18/2014Great meal at a great value. It's a Staff was great! It's a small place that seems to fill up fast. So, be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little restaurantlizzyDined on 1/17/2014We went there on a Friday night and the food is good, atmosphere is good. We will consider going again.Special Features:
- flavor over fashionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014Don't let this little out of the way place fool you, the food was great! The lobster ravioli was a good portion for the price and I would go back for the flavor. They could definitely use a makeover on the interior. Restaurant Impossible would tear the décor apart and the cleanliness of the dining room I hope is not reflective of the kitchen-- regardless, I eat out for service and food and this place delivered on both. I was a little worried when I saw our disheveled 20-something waiter but getting past his appearance, he delivered superior service. I explained I wanted to dine at least two hours and not to rush the 4 courses I ordered. He deliver perfectly planned out service. JUST MANGEMENT, CLEAN THE CEILING AND KILL THE FANS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined here severalBobbyZDined on 12/27/2013I have dined here several times Each visit was very good. The service is always very good Any dish that I or my guests have tried were always on the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!auntsis59Dined on 12/24/2013Not our first time dining here, but as always the food was wonderful and the wait staff absolutely incredible. I highly recommend asking for Hunter, but if he's not available anyone else is great too!! The food is incredible and that includes the bread and soups. I can't speak highly enough about this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togethervociesDined on 12/18/2013We had a group of former vocational school employees who haven't seen each other in many years. Got together for lunch and talk. Atmosphere was quiet and very conducive to talking. Good lunch, very nice server who was very helpful. We had a very nice time and the location and square set up of our table in a small alcove was perfect for our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!ppattyDined on 12/5/2013This is not the first time dining at Il Cielo's and definitely not the last. Great food and wonderful atmosphere for a nice get together with girlfriends. The fact that it's local and BYOB, make it all the better. Till the next time............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 6wineanddineVIPDined on 11/26/2013We came in for an early dinner and all of us said we found it very enjoyable I think we stayed from 4:30 to 7 sipping our wines and enjoying the food. Once again, I have to say the food is certainly in that 3 1/2 to 4 star range that makes for a great casual dining experience (and also a very good value for money).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEJojo1210VIPDined on 11/12/2013To Dave and staff...as always, we had a delicious meal and wonderful service. SpeciAl kudos to our server, Katie. She has high energy and does her job perfectly. Love, love, love IL Cielo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatvivicatDined on 11/6/2013This restaurant was ok but not great. The appetizers were better than the main courses. The gnocchi was horrible and tasted like the kind that you buy in the supermarket. My husband, who is from Italy, was disappointed.
- Il Cielo is excellent!!beconDined on 10/26/2013Food is wonderful, service excellent and friendly, wonderful chef specials, nice regular menu, comfortable, quiet, and affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor overallEllinDined on 10/14/2013The gnocchi was over fried,my coffee was cool, even after asking for another cup. I had veal over tortellini. The veal was tough, not a real scallop, and the tortellini was in a white sauce that was basically just cream with no flavor. The waiter seems harried despite the fact that there was only two other couples in the place. I would not return there.
- Delicious food -great entertainmentpartyof4Dined on 10/9/2013On a recent Wednesday night we found ourselves at Il Cielo. We had dined previously so we knew the food was good, but on this particular night the evening was capped off by live entertainment of a duo who plays songs from the American songbook. We extended our evening with coffee and dessert just to listen - and I think others had the same idea, by 7:30 there weren't many open seats. We had mussels to start and our entrees included a chicken in sherry sauce and another seafood dish that included calimari, mussels, clams ... all very good and cooked perfectly. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great date nightDatenightdinerVIPDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I chose to go here for our monthly date night. The food was great, reasonably priced, good sized portions, and the service was excellent. It is quiet and you can actually carry on a conversation. It is BYOB, so it's always nice to save some money where you can. We had a great meal and great time. We will return. They also have super lunch specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite restaurants,frankiedcDined on 9/18/2013one of my favorite restaurants, Il cielo offers a pleasant environment, energetic servers and quality food. The prices are reasonable and the portions are generous. Their Tuesday night senior specials are a true bargain. I have eaten here at least two doZen times and have never been disappointed. Their steaks are the best in the area, far superior to Ruth Chris at half the price. Dave, the owner/chef is eager to please. His arancini are also the best in the area.Special Features:
- Nice Early DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 8/27/2013Had some very nice meals here over the past couple of months. Not sophisticated dining, but I experienced good, simple food and sauces that are well prepared and served by courteous, attentive college-aged folks. Certainly in the 3 1/2 to 4 star range. Great prices are certainly a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night find!LalaDineDined on 8/21/2013IL Cielo is absolutely amazing. The food got better from the bread and dipping oil, apps and finally dinner. My boyfriend and I ordered mussels whenever we go out...these were hands down the best we ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013Abundant menu. Great specials. Nice surroundings. Our meal selections ( there were of us) all turned out very well. Portions are large ... So we had no room for dessert . Next time, less bread a salad so we'll have room. Obviously a family business ... Lots of caring gestures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013Wow! What a wonderful little slice of Heaven tucked away in Hamilton. Enjoyed every single bite. Especially the crabcakes. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place to eat!!!auntsis59Dined on 7/27/2013This is not the first time we've gone to this restaurant nor will it be the last. Better than most Italian restaurants in the area, and the atmosphere is beautiful and peaceful. You barely hear others talking even though you are close by. And even though its a small area you don't feel cramped in any way. Tables aren't right on top of each other as other restaurants tend to do. The food is wonderful. The bread and their soups are so good. And the dress is casual, but not too casual. Jeans and a nice shirt is just fine. Can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy restaurantTwo2DineDined on 7/20/2013Selected this from restaurant.com. We live in Pa so this was not real local. Food was very good except my wife ordered the Veal Parm and felt that the veal was not top quality. It appeared pounded and too tenderized. I had the seafood over pasta and it was very good. Great bread. We would come back and try other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is probably our 4th visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2013This is probably our 4th visit and the food was excellent as always. My only 'complaint' was that it was warm in the restaurant. Granted, it was a 90+ degree evening, but the restaurant was so warm we were sweating by the time we finished our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantBobbyVIPDined on 7/16/2013This is a a nice restaurant with good food, that give you a good value for your food,Special Features:
- Came for lunch, again. I wantedwineanddineVIPDined on 7/1/2013Came for lunch, again. I wanted the gnocchis and asked the chef, who actually took my order, what sauce he thought best. He made a great choice and added a lttle cream (saying that's how be makes it for himself). Very good, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medioce food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2013First, we don't like the layout of the restaurant, one of our seats was touching the seat of the next table. Our waitress is horrible. We just couldn't understand the specials even after we asked her to repeat some of them. Then she totally forgot about opening our bottle of wine and the whole time she never refilled our water even though my glass was completely empty mid way. The worst is her rushing us to finish our dinner, interrupting us to ask us if we want bags to take the food home while two of us were obviously still working on our food! I thought that was really rude! Lastly, the food were just merely passable, if that, especially for the price that we were paying. I will certainly not recommend this place.
- I found the place on OpenTablewineanddineVIPDined on 6/3/2013I found the place on OpenTable (I don't usually dine in Hamilton) because it's under 10 minutes from where I teach. I have a morning class on Mondays, and checked OpenTable for some place open on a Monday for a late lunch (2pm). I was the only on left at this time and was well served by the chef. I ordered the crab cake to start and, except for a small cold sport in the centre, found it very tasty. The cracker chicken was something I never had, and that too, was very good. it's always a great find having a really good restaurant open on a monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The resturant is truly a placePUDGIEDined on 5/10/2013The resturant is truly a place to get great food served in a room that brings a comfortable and serene dinning experience. The waiter service was excellent. I'm going back first chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for a quite dinnerTheBanditKingDined on 4/19/2013Great restaurant, very nicely decorated and staff definitely cares about their jobs and the presentation for the customers sake. Our server was prompt and courteous, the food was very good, my fiancee and I got fired calamari and fried zucchini to start and both were delicious. I need to make special mention of the bread which was served hot and had Parmesan cheese through it. For our entree we got whole wheat and penne in marinara which was very good and I got filet Mignon. The only reason I knock a point off the food was that my steak while very well seasoned and prepared for $29 I felt it was a bit small. We will go back again.
- Upon arrival there was noJustCruisinVIPDined on 4/6/2013Upon arrival there was no one at reception desk. A young fellow came out of kitchen and sat us at a table. We were ignored for 20 minutes after seating. People came in after us, were seated, told of specials, had order taken and served appetizers before anyone approached us. My wife was pleased with her meal but I would have to give mine a fair rating. Sorry but will not be on my return list.
- Great eatery!!marvlVIPDined on 4/5/2013Really good small neighborhood place with great food. Worth traveling a few minutes from Northern PASpecial Features:
- The food was very good. TheDrae190Dined on 3/21/2013The food was very good. The menu has some interesting dishes to offer. The salmon roasted on a maple plank with almonds was outstanding!
- Good service, good food, weJerseyGirlVIPDined on 3/15/2013Good service, good food, we will be back to try it again!Special Features:
- Our new favorite Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Our new favorite Italian restaurant. It's BYOB, but they open wine bottles and provide glasses at no charge. Prices are decent and the menu is varied enough for anyone. I highly recommend the pork shank.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Good quality plentiful food, decorative inside. Small and cozy, a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eat!ppattyDined on 3/1/2013This was not the first time visiting this restaurant......a definite repeat visit and more to come. Great atmosphere....quaint, yet comfortable. Good service by all....servers and hostess, and mostly great food. Very accommodating.....i specifically needed to adjust a menu item for my diet preferences and was honored without a question and wonderfully so. Love idea that it's BYOB, so we save on cocktail costs and able to bring what we specifically enjoy.Special Features:
- Food was ok, nothing great;MikeADined on 2/14/2013Food was ok, nothing great; I had the seafood & linguine dish; enough food but the sauce was too spicy without much flavor. The shells of the shellfish were cold, while the flesh was hot (microwave?). My wife's chicken was good but great. Service was ok as well. There was noise we couldn't figure out where was coming from or what it was; had to be from upstairs or next door, was like remodeling work or moving furniture or something like that. I wouldn't blame the restaurant for that.
- Great BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Nice atmosphere for small party (we were 8), food is well prepared and portions are generous. A great BYOB in Hamilton. Excited for the Spring when we can dine outside on the patio in the courtyard.Special Features: