Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
9018 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcielo.com/
- Phone: 3102769990x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Lunch - Closed
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.*
(*We may be closed for a private event on select Sundays)
Monday - Friday
Drinks 4:30 - 8:00 p.m
Food 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Vericella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering in your home or ours. Please contact our Events Department.
- Special Events: Il Cielo Happy Hour!
Monday - Friday. 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
$5 House Wine & Prosecco
$8 Small Plates
A word from Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
Benvenuto! For over 28 years , Il Cielo has brought "the sky" to Beverly Hills. Often called "the most romantic restaurant in Los Angeles" Il Cielo is more than just an Italian restaurant. It is a landmark. With fine dining for lunch and dinner, private rooms and tranquil gardens, Il Cielo is the perfect location for almost any occasion, day or night. Il Cielo has established itself as a place to impress; "A country restaurant in the city". We hope you will join us soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (97)great for outdoor dining (83)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (22)good for groups (18)great for brunch (13)hot spot (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Just love Il CieloLigerMomDined on 10/20/2014There is nothing to not like about this restaurant....the ambience, food, and service are all first class. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointed!!charlottepnobleVIPDined on 10/18/2014The whole experience could have been perfect, but... We booked a table with my husband for our wedding anniversary tonight! The place was lovely. People were very nice. The food was palatable and the wine like I love! My husband took a risotto and I had a $45 whole maine lobster. Very very luscious, but it was too big for me. I left half of my Lobster, so I asked for a box! Was happy to tell myself that I would enjoy the rest of my Lobster the following day... I was delighted until I got home and realized that the waiter boxed the brocolinis I also left instead of my half Lobster!! As I said, the whole experience would have been perfect, but now I have a bitter taste in my mouth and no lobster for tomorrow! I am disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance Is Not Deadrogerlee89Dined on 10/17/2014At least, not at Il Cielo. The wait staff were absurdly attentive, the atmosphere was aggressively romantic and the food was delightfully straight forward; from plating to flavor. Easily the best risotto (and third date) I've experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!tatted537637143Dined on 10/17/2014Really great place. Went here on a last minute date night with my wife. Made reservations through Open Table. Food was excellent. We actually ordered too much and couldn't eat it all. We don't drink alcohol so we didn't try the wine. However, we could tell they had a nice wine list. We sat outdoors - well, the canopy roof slides back.. but it was really nice. The staff was insanely attentive watching our every need. The food came out timely and the pricing was very fair. We had an excellent time and would definitely go back again. Now that I know you order flowers or rose petals at the table I may do that next time for a special occasion.Special Features:
- very beautiful courtyardSCP2013VIPDined on 10/17/2014the setting is beautiful we enjoyed the rose petals and candle. The food was not a wow, simple and delicious but nothing over the top. Dessert was a warm very small chocolate cake with two small scoops of gelato wish that had been doubled in size as it was delicousSpecial Features:
- WonderfulRomanticDined on 10/14/2014This establishment made me feel like a valued guest. They treated us with respect and were very polite and on top of everything. The food was amazing and the drinks were top notch. I rekindled a love here on October 14th, the day my boyfriend and I got together. It was a perfect lunch and I would most certainly go there again.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionAnnaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Ambiance and service were excellent. We dined here to celebrate several birthdays. Food was pretty good, but not excellent. I ordered the salmon and it was good, but not deliciously spectacular. Table seating in the front patio was cozy and bordering on cramped if you happen to get a table along a wall or in a corner. Tiramisu was really delicious and I appreciated them dressing up the plate with candles and writing Happy Birthday on the dessert plate.Special Features:
- Accidental ExceptionalLnddnLADined on 10/10/2014We used OT to find us a last minute reservation near our West Hollywood hotel and up popped IL Cielo. From the moment we pulled up to the valet, we felt good about our choice. Each person we met there was extremely professional but also warm and attentive. The food service was prompt but not at all rushed. Tables were far enough apart that servers could easily move between them and conversations could remain private. Each person in our party had a salad - the most outstanding I've had yet in LA, and an entree that were all better than the next. We shared an appetizer and ordered wine off the very sufficient by-the-glass list. I highly recommend Il Cielo to anyone looking for a sophisticated but not overly formal evening out.Special Features:
- EdwardleviekDined on 10/9/2014I will continue to bring my family and my clients here. I would highly recommend il Cielo to anyone. Keep up the good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent optionfernand7Dined on 10/8/2014Very good food, respectable wine list and great ambient. We did have a small problem with our waiter, who seemed unwilling to assist us on our food and wine choice. Despite that, it was an excellent night.Special Features:
- Italy on DohenyLivetodineVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great location. The service is outstanding as aree many of the entrees. The calamari as an appetizer ie also excellent. My husband will now always order the veal chops as it was the best he ever had. Will not be ordering the lobster ravioli again. The sauce tasted as if it came right out of a can. Was not very good at all.Special Features:
- BeautifulLoveditDined on 9/27/2014Very nice, good service we mentioned we have a 2 birthday's we got one cake! overall it was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE ITLisaVIPDined on 9/27/2014I love this place. Not only is the food outstanding but Il Cielo is so pretty, with lights in the trees and lots of intimate spaces, some indoors and some outdoors. The food is amazing. My appetizer of beets and goat cheese was perfectly cooked and seasoned and my ravioli of beef cheek and homemade pasta was terrific. My husband's fish was juicy and well seasoned and he loved his dessert of tiramisu. My three sorbetis were the best I have ever eaten, including a famous gelateria in Rome. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- BIG BAD SURPRISE!!!Live2EatDined on 9/25/2014It was a gorgeous night. The tiny table was lovely and adorned with the tall taper candle and rose petals that I requested. Wine was good, appetizer good, and then it all went down hill. My filet ordered med/rare side, came well done with a toothpaste size squirt of mashed potatoes. My fiance's was drooling for his ordered rib eye steak......he received LAMB CHOPS. We should have sent both entrees back but did not want to make a fuss on the small patio and it was a birthday dinner. Dessert was equally disappointing and not presented as the menu described. I am a good cook.........this was so bad that I had a bowl of cereal upon returning home. Shame on them. Expensive lesson for me but I am a quick learner.Special Features:
- One Amazing Emotional ExperienceHeartEmotionalDinnerDined on 9/20/2014Il Cielo most certainly should be a stop on anyone's list of restaurants going well beyond the menu. You will experience charm and character in addition to fine food, beverage, and an exemplar service staff. This being a chance to have dinner with an incredibly important love in my life, Il Cielo delivered in what she says is a "fairytale fantasy come true". Upon arriving my guest was in aw over the beautiful garden setting. After being shown to our table, she started to gaze at the beautiful setting, cozy with candle and rose peddles, then the picturesque garden appears, so beautiful, and the glow of the lights, the emotions were ready to flow. The requested heart cake with our feelings put into chocolate script, was the perfect ending.Special Features:
- Great experience once again!CandSDined on 9/19/2014We invited special guests to join us and were not dissapointed. We have dined here many times and have always had a good experience. On this occasion, 3 of our party ordered the special roasted veal with a truffle sauce which was outstanding. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Charming RestaurantCadburryflakeDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary and the setting was very romantic. They put red rose petals and a long candle on our table. The service was first class and the food was excellent. I took a look around the restaurant and they have a beautiful room for parties with an open roof. We sat outside and there were lights in all of the trees. It was very charming. They were very accommodating. The waiter suggested that he can have the chef make a special pasta for me since I don't eat meat. When it came time for desert, they wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate and lit a candle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, average foodkapaBRDined on 8/30/2014The ambience of the restaurant is really cute and it is very nice for a romantic evening. The food is just okay. I expected a more tasty pasta in an Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Il Cielo was always one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in Carthay Cirlce. I was happy to find the restaurant is still there. After raving about it to a friend I was very disappointed with the experience. The food was cooked well but terribly bland. The service was inattentive (being very kind in that description). The one thing that lived up to my fond memory of the place was the beautiful courtyard dining area. It is a magical space. But overall, we left feeling very unsatisfied.Special Features:
- Good for anniversariesColton123Dined on 8/18/2014I brought my wife here for our anniversary. The service is excellent. The staff is watchful. They take care of you. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not worth the price!Annabelle123Dined on 8/17/2014The food was not that special compare to other high end resturants I have been to. The waiter was confusing he kept changing the special orders...also food took to long we were there for 2 1/2 hrs. We orderded the lobster and it wasn't anything to be wowed about. But loved the dessert it was good that's why I give them 2 stars and the place was nice and clean so that's where they got the third star. I would come back for dessert but not the food...:( disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Very RomanticMuzikIsMeDined on 8/15/2014My soon to be wife and I went there to celebrate her birthday and our anniversary and everything was perfect. The waiter was nice and very courteous and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romantic dinner. We will definitely be visiting this place again :)Special Features:
- Celebrating a friendbabsincalDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at Il Cielo. Service was excellent, food fabulous. We could carry on a conversation without screaming at each other. All the good things you want, coming together. Our evening had an extra bonus with two marriage proposals. I was impressed at how the wait staff and management helped make sure the proposals went smoothly. When I needed to use the restroom, the manager actually escorted me! On my way back to the table, the servers all stepped aside, allowing me to go ahead of them. I felt like royalty, and it wasn't even my birthday! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014Have loved this place since 1988!! Amazing everythingSpecial Features:
- Very charmingDiegoDined on 8/7/2014The outdoor patio is amazing. Best ambiance in town. All the servers are very friendly, the hostess especially. The food is good but not great, and the prices are very fair. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Amazing! Loved the lobster salad.JJlovesIlCieloDined on 8/5/2014I would love to see olive oil and vinegar served with the bread as well as possible "refills" on the bread. Food and service is definitely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect evening.17foodfreakVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was a birthday celebration, and Il Cielo was the perfect place to have it! The garden is like fairyland at night, with the twinkling lights and gorgeous weather! The food was wonderful -- green spring pea soup the color of emeralds, delicious salad and excellent salmon, and of course, the dessert (could have used some cinnamon!) presented with a candle and lots of ceremony! All in all, a delightful experience with a staff of well-trained and cordial help. Couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:
- Fine diningenchantingDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated our 10th year anniversary on this place and it didn't disappoint us. Our overall experienced was awesome! From the valet parking, services and food, they were excellent. The owner even greet us as we come in and thank us as we leave their restaurant. Superb!Special Features:
- Great ambienceAwinrmVIPDined on 7/30/2014As promised on the website, it is probably one of the best restaurants in L.A. for atmosphere and ambience. Food...good...not the best Italian. Go for the atmosphere....not the food.Special Features:
- SabrinaDined on 7/27/2014Outstanding personalized attention - hit the perfect note in all aspects of diningSpecial Features:
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Food and service remain excellent. Excellent for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- The most beautiful restaurant in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014And the food was a solid 9 out of 10, with perfect service, especially for the price of a lunch. We did the DineLA and split a dessert. The pounded steak was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ambiancebirthday7dinnerDined on 7/24/2014Can't say enough nice comments about Il Cielo it went beyond my expectations. the food was superb as were the drinks. The service was definite 5 star rating. I will definitely be returning again. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014Came here for DineLA lunch. There was only the front garden and inside open. Their back garden was closed. Pretty hot on a summer noon time and no breeze cuz the bushes around. Super clean and beautiful decorations. Food was fantastic, great salad and pasta and dessert. The only problem is the service who did not even smile a tiny bit. He looked very unhappy and unfriendly. Not a very warm service at all!Special Features:
- unmemorableFredDined on 7/22/2014My wife had asked if I was ever at Il Cielo? I told her once before but it was unmemorable, but I will try again. The food was OK at best. The waiter was sub-par for a nice restaurant. The waiter did not ask us for drinks and did not introduce himself. No fresh ground pepper served with the pounded greasy steak and no steak knife was given until asked. All Dine LA restaurant's give 3 courses and Il Cielo only 2? Would never go back again. The staff was untrained for a high class restaurant. I can't believe they are still in biz after all these years. We were put outside with loud fans blowing on us in the hot sun. Construction is going on next door. Train your staff. Go have a meal at Mastro's and see a real wait staff!Special Features:
- A delight!mevettsDined on 7/21/2014In the middle of Beverley Hills this restaurant is an absolute delight. Superb food, great service and we had a fantastic meal in every respect. We will definitely return next time we are visiting LA. If you get the opportunity to dine here, you will have no regrets.Special Features:
- Il Cielo -- the bestSusanDined on 7/21/2014I've always wanted to eat at Il Cielo but thought it may be too expensive. So I was delighted that they were part of Dine LA. I went with a couple of friends and we couldn't be happier with the food, service, ambience, etc. We ate in the front patio with all the twinkling lights wrapped around the trees. It was a fabulous dining experience. The server was pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and attentive. I had this wonderful pea, shallot, leeks and potato soup that had no cream but pureed. I could have licked the bowl. One of my friends and I had the linguine with clams -- a lot of clams and just the right amount of linguine. My friend had beef cheek ravioli and loved it. She said it was like what she had in Italy.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014This was the first place I took my girlfriend 15 years ago and she loves it so I took her for her birthday always a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasant staff and experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I had the best experience here, uber romantic Setting, great food and wine. The wait staff and hostess were helpful and pleasant. Also they accommodated us even though we ran behind on our reservation time. Def a must do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted Garden Patio SettingCC60VIPDined on 7/19/2014Fine food, friendly service and a lovely setting right in Beverly Hills made for a pleasantly refined and affordable spot for a lunch away from the madding crowd of Rodeo Drive and the like. Great pizzas and salads entrees. Equally great selection of wines and desserts. Definitely a terrific neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.