Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
9018 Burton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcielo.com/
- Phone: 3102769990x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday:
Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Lunch - Closed
Dinner - 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.*
(*We may be closed for a private event on select Sundays)
Monday - Friday
Drinks 4:30 - 8:00 p.m
Food 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Vericella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering in your home or ours. Please contact our Events Department.
- Special Events: Il Cielo Happy Hour!
Monday - Friday. 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
$5 House Wine & Prosecco
$8 Small Plates
A word from Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar
Benvenuto! For over 28 years , Il Cielo has brought "the sky" to Beverly Hills. Often called "the most romantic restaurant in Los Angeles" Il Cielo is more than just an Italian restaurant. It is a landmark. With fine dining for lunch and dinner, private rooms and tranquil gardens, Il Cielo is the perfect location for almost any occasion, day or night. Il Cielo has established itself as a place to impress; "A country restaurant in the city". We hope you will join us soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Il Cielo Gardens Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (98)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)great for brunch (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Il Cielo was always one of my favorite restaurants when I lived in Carthay Cirlce. I was happy to find the restaurant is still there. After raving about it to a friend I was very disappointed with the experience. The food was cooked well but terribly bland. The service was inattentive (being very kind in that description). The one thing that lived up to my fond memory of the place was the beautiful courtyard dining area. It is a magical space. But overall, we left feeling very unsatisfied.Special Features:
- Good for anniversariesColton123Dined on 8/18/2014I brought my wife here for our anniversary. The service is excellent. The staff is watchful. They take care of you. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Not worth the price!Annabelle123Dined on 8/17/2014The food was not that special compare to other high end resturants I have been to. The waiter was confusing he kept changing the special orders...also food took to long we were there for 2 1/2 hrs. We orderded the lobster and it wasn't anything to be wowed about. But loved the dessert it was good that's why I give them 2 stars and the place was nice and clean so that's where they got the third star. I would come back for dessert but not the food...:( disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Very RomanticMuzikIsMeDined on 8/15/2014My soon to be wife and I went there to celebrate her birthday and our anniversary and everything was perfect. The waiter was nice and very courteous and the food was amazing. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romantic dinner. We will definitely be visiting this place again :)Special Features:
- Celebrating a friendbabsincalDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday at Il Cielo. Service was excellent, food fabulous. We could carry on a conversation without screaming at each other. All the good things you want, coming together. Our evening had an extra bonus with two marriage proposals. I was impressed at how the wait staff and management helped make sure the proposals went smoothly. When I needed to use the restroom, the manager actually escorted me! On my way back to the table, the servers all stepped aside, allowing me to go ahead of them. I felt like royalty, and it wasn't even my birthday! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Have loved this place since 1988!! Amazing everythingSpecial Features:
- Very charmingDiegoDined on 8/7/2014The outdoor patio is amazing. Best ambiance in town. All the servers are very friendly, the hostess especially. The food is good but not great, and the prices are very fair. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Amazing! Loved the lobster salad.JJlovesIlCieloDined on 8/5/2014I would love to see olive oil and vinegar served with the bread as well as possible "refills" on the bread. Food and service is definitely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect evening.17foodfreakVIPDined on 8/1/2014It was a birthday celebration, and Il Cielo was the perfect place to have it! The garden is like fairyland at night, with the twinkling lights and gorgeous weather! The food was wonderful -- green spring pea soup the color of emeralds, delicious salad and excellent salmon, and of course, the dessert (could have used some cinnamon!) presented with a candle and lots of ceremony! All in all, a delightful experience with a staff of well-trained and cordial help. Couldn't have asked for more!Special Features:
- Fine diningenchantingDined on 7/30/2014We celebrated our 10th year anniversary on this place and it didn't disappoint us. Our overall experienced was awesome! From the valet parking, services and food, they were excellent. The owner even greet us as we come in and thank us as we leave their restaurant. Superb!Special Features:
- Great ambienceAwinrmVIPDined on 7/30/2014As promised on the website, it is probably one of the best restaurants in L.A. for atmosphere and ambience. Food...good...not the best Italian. Go for the atmosphere....not the food.Special Features:
- SabrinaDined on 7/27/2014Outstanding personalized attention - hit the perfect note in all aspects of diningSpecial Features:
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/27/2014Food and service remain excellent. Excellent for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- The most beautiful restaurant in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014And the food was a solid 9 out of 10, with perfect service, especially for the price of a lunch. We did the DineLA and split a dessert. The pounded steak was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great ambiancebirthday7dinnerDined on 7/24/2014Can't say enough nice comments about Il Cielo it went beyond my expectations. the food was superb as were the drinks. The service was definite 5 star rating. I will definitely be returning again. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014Came here for DineLA lunch. There was only the front garden and inside open. Their back garden was closed. Pretty hot on a summer noon time and no breeze cuz the bushes around. Super clean and beautiful decorations. Food was fantastic, great salad and pasta and dessert. The only problem is the service who did not even smile a tiny bit. He looked very unhappy and unfriendly. Not a very warm service at all!Special Features:
- unmemorableFredDined on 7/22/2014My wife had asked if I was ever at Il Cielo? I told her once before but it was unmemorable, but I will try again. The food was OK at best. The waiter was sub-par for a nice restaurant. The waiter did not ask us for drinks and did not introduce himself. No fresh ground pepper served with the pounded greasy steak and no steak knife was given until asked. All Dine LA restaurant's give 3 courses and Il Cielo only 2? Would never go back again. The staff was untrained for a high class restaurant. I can't believe they are still in biz after all these years. We were put outside with loud fans blowing on us in the hot sun. Construction is going on next door. Train your staff. Go have a meal at Mastro's and see a real wait staff!Special Features:
- A delight!mevettsDined on 7/21/2014In the middle of Beverley Hills this restaurant is an absolute delight. Superb food, great service and we had a fantastic meal in every respect. We will definitely return next time we are visiting LA. If you get the opportunity to dine here, you will have no regrets.Special Features:
- Il Cielo -- the bestSusanDined on 7/21/2014I've always wanted to eat at Il Cielo but thought it may be too expensive. So I was delighted that they were part of Dine LA. I went with a couple of friends and we couldn't be happier with the food, service, ambience, etc. We ate in the front patio with all the twinkling lights wrapped around the trees. It was a fabulous dining experience. The server was pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and attentive. I had this wonderful pea, shallot, leeks and potato soup that had no cream but pureed. I could have licked the bowl. One of my friends and I had the linguine with clams -- a lot of clams and just the right amount of linguine. My friend had beef cheek ravioli and loved it. She said it was like what she had in Italy.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014This was the first place I took my girlfriend 15 years ago and she loves it so I took her for her birthday always a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very pleasant staff and experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I had the best experience here, uber romantic Setting, great food and wine. The wait staff and hostess were helpful and pleasant. Also they accommodated us even though we ran behind on our reservation time. Def a must do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted Garden Patio SettingCC60Dined on 7/19/2014Fine food, friendly service and a lovely setting right in Beverly Hills made for a pleasantly refined and affordable spot for a lunch away from the madding crowd of Rodeo Drive and the like. Great pizzas and salads entrees. Equally great selection of wines and desserts. Definitely a terrific neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- management needs to communicateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014i went to experience the happy hour which is widely advertised on the web site - the night i arrived i was told i couldn't experience it where i was sitting - and worse, the bar was not open due to a wedding - so, the entire happy hour pricing was not offered - the management would not make an exception - if they advertise their specials - they should be availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Grear place, romantic, great service I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful nightwinoVIPDined on 7/14/2014We went here because of the DineLA though had been there on other occasions too. it is one of the most beautiful romantic settings sitting outside shielded from the street. On DineLA the portions are usually smaller and they were but certainly sufficient. The appetizers wre excellent; main dish of salmon was also though filet was very over cooked and had to be sent back but was cheerfully replaced though it took a while after its being delivered to find a server to correct the problem. Dessert was panna cotta with berries...that is exactly one berry. Was delicious but should have had a few more berries since the menu was clearly plural.Special Features:
- Romance and AboveTimelessDined on 7/5/2014Old town villa style restaurant. Definitely worth the reservation. If you are looking for a place to take a special someone, celebrate a special day, or looking for fine dining, you're in the right place. I will definitely be coming back. The food is fresh and handmade, especially the tomato basil soup. Seating outside in their Patio Garden is wonderful with lights and the moon glistening the night makes for a romantic dinner for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond excellentLisaDined on 7/3/2014It was absolutely perfect. Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food and spot on service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening under the starssandiegogalDined on 6/30/2014Lovely setting, warm affable service and well prepared and portioned, presented food service . Had the special- veal chop and was correctly med-rare with wild mushroom, spinach and herbed mashed pots., very nice, Belgium endive , carmelized nuts& gorgonzola, berry flavored vinaigrette, also classic and tasty.attentive service. Prices are quite appropriate for the area and cuisine , very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This was our second time to Il Cielo and it was just as great as the first. We love the decor and the lighting and the food is fantastic! Can't wait to return for another celebration.Special Features:
- Romantic GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014The staff helped me plan a romantic birthday and everything was perfect. The table setup, the custom pre-fix menu, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 42nd anniversaryVictorDined on 6/23/2014My wife and I loved this place and we couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. The service was great and the entire staff was very friendly and attentive. I had requested a quite table outside in the garden and ordered the romantic package . I was very pleased with it and my wife loved it. On our waiter's recommendation, I had the beef short ribs and my wife had the homemade fettuccini with crab legs. Both dishes were wonderful and the portion sizes were just right. The cocktails, wine and dessert were also perfect. We had a great evening and the next time we visit Beverly Hills , we will definitely come here again.Special Features:
- always a treatKathyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Lovely and luscious. always makes me feel as if I'm on vacation in some far a way location.Special Features:
- AwesomeLovemunchDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our 5th yr anniversary here. It was romantic, fancy and just what we were hoping forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelylovelyDined on 6/18/2014this restaurant was perfect for our 3 year anniversary dinner. we really enjoyed the food, ambience, and service. I hope to be back sooooon (;Special Features:
- JerryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Everyone loves the outdoor patio, but the small inside dining room is particularly charming. The outdoor patio can't avoid the noise of the traffic. They could also add to their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedtimzDined on 6/14/2014We were a little disappointed, the only ones in a side room at 7pm while a wedding reception went on in adjacent garden, very loud.We found the menu limited, Food was average and pricy. The facility was not in the greatest of shape.
- Birthday lunchRuthlasVIPDined on 6/6/2014We arrived for our lunch reservation and we were greeted by two lovely hostesses and shown to a really nice table. From then on the experience was really disappointing. Our waiter was very in attentive at best. Although he was pleasant he was not good. We asked for water twice before it ever came. We asked for bread at least 2-3 times before that arrived. We ordered dessert and the wrong dessert was brought. Since I did not eat the dessert I did not even realize that one of the things brought was not even the dessert we ordered. When It was brought to my attention I told him about it and he merely said " oh, I'm sorry" and walked away. #failSpecial Features:
- Special OccasiondadsfirsttimeDined on 6/2/2014I had a wonderful experience at the restaurant. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Service was impeccable. Thank you for the wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bink747Dined on 5/29/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time, was not disappointed. The service was outstanding and the food was equal to the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSchtorkDined on 5/21/2014We had our wedding reception in the banquet room behind the bar 3 years ago. We come back at least yearly. The sweetheart table in the banquet area was available last year for our anniversary but not this year. We still had a nice experience and I paid for the rose petals and 2' long taper at our table. Several couples had the same idea. The ceiling is a large clear plastic tent with warm white christmas light strings and chandeliers. It sounds a little hokey but is very beautifu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.