701 N 3rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19123Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcantucciophilly.com/
- Phone: 2156276573
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Levecchia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Il Cantuccio
Quaint and cozy Italian BYO located in the middle of historic Northern Liberties, featuring an updated twist on classic Italian fare...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Il Cantuccio - Best Restaurants in Northern Liberties ›
Il Cantuccio reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great little restaurantRtistDined on 8/16/2014This is my second visit to Il Cantuccio and I am sure it will not be my last. Both visits were with groups of 8 or more people and on both occasions everyone raved about their dinners, including myself. The service was excellent as well. The restaurant is not large in size so I suggest you make a reservation. Note that it is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and EnjoyablelahvDined on 8/16/2014I went here with a group of 6 recently for my birthday. We had chosen it on a whim and were not disappointed. I had a soft shell crab dish on a mushroom and spinach risotto - it was unbelievable! Everyone else also really enjoyed their meals too. As it was a BYO, they were quick to get us glasses and an ice bucket to chill our white wine. The service was great and we really enjoyed ourselves. It is a small place, which I think made it seem a little loud, but we were still able to hear each other and the music wasn't too loud - I don't even remember it frankly. Overall we were very happy and will be coming back.Special Features:
- Delicious and Great ServicelordelamaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for restaurant week, but plan to be back many times for their regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB!TrialgirlVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fabulous is all I can say. This neighborhood gem was recently renovated and is under new management. The cuisine is wonderful and the servers are great! Go now before the word gets out!!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindJoAnnDined on 8/5/2014A great neighborhood place with wonderful food, friendly staff & afforable prices. Don't miss out on this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise b-day dinneranthronoraDined on 8/2/2014Everyone and everything at Il Cantuccio was fantastic! We had a birthday dinner for 11 people on a Saturday night, and when we arrived everything was set up, appetizers were ready, and we immediately felt comfortable and at home. And then the food came, and everyone was silent for a good few minutes, except for mumblings of pleasure at how delicious the food was. We all tried each others dishes - the ribs, pork belly risotto, penne, gnudi - all amazing! This was my first time, but some of our guests had been there years before and said that it was so much better than they remembered - whether that's a new chef, managers, I don't know, but we all left vowing to come back soon.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningLmaceDined on 7/18/2014I took my boyfriend and his parents here to celebrate his parent's birthday. The food was outstanding. We all got very different dishes but no one had any complaints. The ambiance is very nice and is perfect for special occasions or casual dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bachelorette dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great dinner at Il Cantuccio for a large party (14) on a Saturday night. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and were seated immediately. Even though it can probably be annoying to serve a large bachelorette party, our waiter was very friendly and the service was excellent. The food was delicious and byo helped to keep the cost down on an expensive weekend. Thanks!!Special Features:
- very nice mealjosheVIPDined on 7/2/2014went here with a few friends one night on a whim. had a very nice time. food was very good and the place itself is nicely appointed. my only complaint was it was very hot inside. i expect the AC was working because it was cooler inside than outside, but not by much. may have to do with the kitchen being in the dining room, but whatever the cause, it was not very comfortable. i would definitely go back, but would probably not go back in the summer.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Our dining experience was not great to say the least. The waiter seemed annoyed that we were asking questions about the menu and was not attentive at all throughout the evening. We were constantly tracking him down for water refills too! The food was okay. The pasta dishes lacked flavor; however, the Di Mar Risotto was pretty good. Probably wont' be back for a while....
- elljimDined on 6/21/2014Everything was awesome and will return very soon. We had a party of 14 and there was not a negative word, we all tried each others dinner and love all the food.Special Features:
- FIRST TIME NOT LASTRICHEVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went for the first time. Had saw their ad in our neighborhood newspaper. Went on line and checked out menu. Looked good so we said lets go. We were happy we did. Four of us went, we all had something different. We all said how great the food was. Not going to tell you what we ate. You have to go and find out for yourself. You'll love it.Special Features:
- Unbelievable selection and A BYOBpatThaiDined on 6/21/2014What a great OPENTABLE find this was for mid day eating on a saturday, (very unusual time, most places close during 2 30 to 430, I was able to get/find places that were open in philadelphia neighborhoods using the reseravation opentable free service. Im happy i did, found another GO TO restaurant and a BYOB at that. Unbelievable great selection, delicious, reasonable BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new "old favorite"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Having been to Il Cantuccio numerous times under the previous ownership, I was a bit hesitant when I saw the new menu and new owners when looking online. I made the reservation anyway and am glad that I did. We asked for an outside table when making the reservation on the OpenTable app, and were accommodated. It's only a few tables on the sidewalk - we were closer to the parked cars than to the restaurant, but that's part of the charm of city dining. The food was very good. The medium-rare flat iron steak was actually medium-rare. Thumbs up to the chef. The highlight food item was the side of cannellini beans w/Tuscan kale that we asked to have as an appetizer. They put it over perfectly grilled crostini and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food! great service!SuznaDoesDiningDined on 6/14/2014we came in late on saturday night and il cantuccio exceeded all of our expectations. the staff was friendly and accommodating, even though we were quickly the last ones in the restaurant. the food was excellent - we had a special tomato and crab meat salad that was just perfect. great heirloom tomatoes. absolutely will be going back.Special Features:
- Well doneIslandGuyDined on 6/14/2014First visit back after the ownership change and although the food has changed; in many ways for the better. Service was definitely improved; both our server and the manager were friendly and welcoming-which wasn't always the case in the past. Although still Italian for the most part, the new menu is more adventurous. The crab and heirloom tomato salad was bright and fresh, and the crb cake entree was obviously house-made with plenty of lump crab. Duck bolognese was terrific as well. It's BYOB but expect to spend more than a red gravy spot in the suburbs. Great neighborhood to have a nightcap afterwards.Special Features:
- Great little spot!CourtneyDined on 5/22/2014A group of us happened upon this place recently, and we had a wonderful time. From uncorking the first wine bottle to walking out while complimenting the chef, we were so impressed. The food and ambiance are all on point, and the price point is extremely reasonable. The steak and calimari are highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh, that Cheesecake!DrDessertDined on 5/11/2014We returned to il Cantuccio after a couple of years, and enjoyed an excellent dinner--beautifully prepared and thoughtfully presented. But the cheesecake was a standout--ricotta cheese, and not over-baked. Yum.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Il Cantuccio reviews archive.
- WOW!MikaDined on 4/19/2014Great experience. Food was excellent! Loved the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceEyeBVIPDined on 4/5/2014Small, friendly, homey atmosphere, attentive service. Food was pleasant, at times even better. Had an early dinner so quiet as well.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseeetoutDined on 3/30/2014We read that this restaurant had just opened about 6 weeks ago and decided to give it a try as we were in the area. The menu was varied and everything sounded delicious. We loved the food, the server and the owner. We started with calamari, a romaine salad, then duck bolognese and short ribs with yummy mashed potatoes and finished with cannoli. The place is small with the kitchen area in the front corner. The decor is simple but charming. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last-Night-in-Philly DateStephenandHillaryDined on 3/23/2014My girlfriend and I went to Il Cantuccio for dinner on my last night in town before heading back to school. The service was excellent and food delicious. There were a lot of things on the menu I wanted to try, but I went for the Mahi Mahi special and wasn't disappointed. The restaurant wasn't so loud that we couldn't hear each other talk, but was also just loud enough to where we didn't feel uncomfortable speaking intimately. Il Cantuccio is pretty unassuming from the outside, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place for a romantic dinner. A true Northern Liberties gem. It is also BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.