32 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcantinori.com/
- Phone: 2126736044
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Minieri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Catering: Northern Italian cuisine (Tuscan)
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private up to 45 people. Private room available for 45-100 people
- Private Party Contact: Frank Minieri/Andrew Linardatos 8669450120
A word from Il Cantinori
Il Cantinori, located in Greenwich Village, has been at the forefront of Tuscan cuisine in NYC since its opening in 1983. This old farmhouse with a rustic warmth, stucco walls, wooden beams and voluminous floral arrangements is very romantic and elegant. We combine the unique traditional flavors of the Tuscan countryside with a complete seasonal lunch and dinner menu. We welcome guests with affectionate hospitality, daily specials and a wine list reflective of the northern Italian regions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Cantinori reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (75)neighborhood gem (75)special occasion (69)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (25)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Everything about the restaurant- food, service, etc was very good, but the overwhelming fresh flower odors, especially the day lilies , means I would not return. My guests also commented on the powerful floral odors. I realize that some may not be bothered by this but it definite ly made my dining experience less enjoyable. I was disappointed because I enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Classically greatJHeliDined on 9/15/2014Il Cantinori is always a winning choice. The food is amazing - traditional, tasty and never boring. The atmosphere is great and the people are very helpful, friendly and perfect service.Special Features:
- FabulousDisappointedDined on 9/12/2014I have been coming to Il Cantinori for years. both business and pleasure. and each time I come, I leave with a smile. The staff is top notch and treat me like one of the many stars that go there. My pallet is always entertained while devouring the top rated dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvoidmangiaDined on 9/9/2014Our waiter was much too interested in telling us what his favorite dishes were and he intruded on our conversation. He was frantic. We had a nasty pasta dish that contained, according to the menu, spinach and ricotta. It was mounds of green stuff floating in a greasy sauce. No more Italian than the name of the restaurant. I don't think I'll return.
- Great placeStephDined on 8/19/2014Will continue to bring my clients here to impress them!Special Features:
- Fabulous eveningLizzWVIPDined on 8/14/2014Went with friends during Restaurant Week. Some of us ordered off the regular menu and there was no problem in mixing menus. The maitre d' was a great personality and visited us often. And we really enjoyed him on a very busy night! The food was excellent, the service attentive, and the floral arrangements are legendary. You must reserve in advance.Special Features:
- Great Experience All AroundJazzyDined on 8/14/2014What a wonderful meal! Both the food and service were fantastic, and the restaurant has a very nice feel to it; including the floral arrangements which are gorgeous. A definite yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!Anjaberlin158Dined on 8/13/2014Lovely Restaurant. Excellent Service from Domenico. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014I have eaten here many times and it is always perfect!!!Special Features:
- Great northern ItaliantexasmamaVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had a lovely dinner. Since it was restaurant week, we chose the pre fixe menu. We had the eggplant roll with spinach, salmon carpaccio, pasta and risotto. It was all delicious and a great value. The only slight issue we had was that the glasses of wine we ordered on the waiter's recommendation were $24 per glass. When ordering wine by the glass, ask the price first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/11/2014Having returned to Il Cantinori after an absence of many years, I was delighted to find it better than ever.The magnificent flower arrangements are your introduction to the ambiance that awaits you. The food is imaginative and beautifully presented with an excellent wine list. I plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent service and the food was extremely tasty- It has made my list of favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent Service; Food was OKRenataCVIPDined on 8/8/2014We went to Il Cantinori during NYC Restaurant Week for dinner. The service was exceptional and very attentive. The ambiance is great and the location is fun. The food, however, was mediocre. I wanted to like it but it just did not meet my expectations. Each time the food came out, it was not what it sounded like on the menu. Would hope that the regular menu is better.Special Features:
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We went for lunch during restaurant week and were very impressed with the food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No valueBliss10Dined on 8/7/2014With wine and tip, nearly $600 for 5 persons. Two lamb racks were overcooked and a half portion. I told the servers that it was well done and not medium rare. ( as ordered) , and they walked away without addressing the problem. Portion size was very small. Presentation was like the 1960s. We would never go back here.
- Perfect Italian restaurant!mrsRoxanneDined on 8/7/2014I were with my friend here. I fell in love! Right menu, nice staff, very friendly atmosphere. It looks like small family place somewhere in Sicily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food but indifferent serviceMarieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went there for a weekday Restaurant Week lunch. The place had only 5 tables occupied out of a room with at least 40. Maybe the staff were off their game because they were bored. Service was bumbling and obtrusive. (Ex: My friend was ordering when the bus man called to the waiter for whatever reason-I doubt it was anything urgent-and the waiter just walked away. My friend thought she'd ordered, but we actually had to call the waiter back. That was just the appetizers.) Sometimes two of them would just stand there staring at us while we were eating. The room is nice, but not wonderful. The food is really very good, but I wouldn't say that their usual high prices are justified. It isn't likely that we'll go back again.
- LuckymeVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of our favorite places to go during NYC restaurant week. Haven't been disappointed yet.
- ABNYCABNYCDined on 8/4/2014Excellent Restaurant week choice, really happy with the prix fixe menu choices and portion sizes. Service was excellent and great atmosphere for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food from appetizer2desssertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Had a great evening with friends and loved the appetizer, main entree, as well as dessert. The on the house tomato and bread soup was amazing.Special Features:
- The perfect meal.PhotographerNicholsDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I went to Il Cantinori for lunch during restaurant week, and the entire experience was fabulous from start to finish. Highlights included the salmon carpaccio, the eggplant ricotta appetizer and the filet of sole. It's the best Italian we've found in the city. We'll definitely be returning asap.Special Features:
- PollyVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our pasta was fantastic, the rest very average - mussels were horrible.Special Features:
- one of the bestpretentiousVIPDined on 8/1/2014Absolutely perfect evening, everything was delicious, we were treated like family all the way through. Closed the place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Steal!alisonoDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I came here for a Restaurant Week Lunch. Everything was delicious, especially the eggplant rollatine, which was covered in the best tomato sauce I've ever had. We also had the chicken livers, trofie pasta with pancetta, and steak with green sauce. For dessert, we had the hazelnut ice cream sandwich and the tiramisu. I wish we could've tried the panna cotta too. Everything was really special, the service was attentive, and it was definitely an excellent deal for lunch.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysme13VIPDined on 7/31/2014Another excellent meal here. The food is just fantastic and the service matches it. I have never been unhappy having a meal here. I look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- judyellen731Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed a pleasant lunch. The best thing was the hazelnut ice cream sandwich dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/30/2014Great food, wonderful atmosphere and fantastic service!Special Features:
- Lovely Il CantinoriNYNajiDined on 7/29/2014I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a participant of Restaurant Week 2014. It is a fairly small restaurant (although larger than I initially thought before finding out that there's a dining room on the lower level). My friend and I arrived and took inventory of the Restaurant Week menu before looking at the regular menu and remarked to one another about a sense of disappointment, unimpressed with the dishes despite knowing that Restaurant Week is typically a time for businesses to serve mediocre food to a clientele that perhaps wouldn't be dining there otherwise. SHAME ON US! Our food was delicious and we had a wonderful experience. Kudos for my salmon/arugula salad, filet of sole and amazing hazelnut ice cream. We shall return!Special Features:
- an NYC Gem!gregfurnituremavenVIPDined on 7/28/2014I love Il Cantinori. Frank makes you feel like a celebrity when you walk in. Service is friendly but professional. The food is top notch and well priced for the quality. I wish I lived on 10th St. But I would weigh 400 lbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A marvelous, low profile dinner.FeodorDined on 7/26/2014Took my wife to il Cantinori for her birthday and we had a fantastic meal. The pasta was fresh and delicate, the lobster flambé was outstanding, and there was an eggplant torte that was unbelievable. The value can't be beat.Special Features:
- MediocreNumber618VIPDined on 7/25/2014It has a reputation that exceeds its reality. For the price there are many better Italian restaurants in New York City.Special Features:
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful restaurant nestled cozily near union square with excellent food and service! Definitely bring a date here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/21/2014Four of us tried it during restaurant week and we will all return. Very nice menu; very nice restaurant week offerings and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastaic Italian by Union SquareUESfoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014We and another couple had an exceptional meal at Il Cantinori. Each of the wait staff was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The room was lovely. We each thoroughly enjoyed our meals - the pasta, sole and steak were delicious, as were our appetizers of eggplant rollatini, salad and smoked salmon. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Ok but not wowedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Food was ok. Service okay at first but later got slow as more tables were filled. Better for couples or friends but not kids.
- marseaVIPDined on 7/21/2014I am aware of restaurants taking care of their regulars but not so blatantly. On arrival the place was empty and we were sat at a table for two; when regular customers arrived in pairs they were all sat at the larger tables for four. As I looked around they were given complimentary small plates of assorted foods and breads. After dessert everyone received a plate of complimentary cookies along with the check. We did not get any of this. I tip at least 20% or more but for the first time left a 15% tip and will never go or recommend the restaurant to anyone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Excellent Menu and the food great. We have been there before always terrifficSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il CantinoriOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2014The food and service were excellent. I would recommend for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The food wasn't bad; it wasn't good either. It was there so we ate it because we were hungry. The service was fine, but our server seemed distant and annoyed. We were there at 9 on Saturday night, which in NYC is dinner time- and the place was empty 3/4 empty and those who were there were dining on their social security income. Convenient location to union sq, but doubt we'll be going back
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014What a great restaurant. Food was spectacular! Service out of ths world, you don't find many servers today that work that hard providing that level of service. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.