il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar
1281 E State Highway 114
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilcalabrese.com/
- Phone: 8172518798x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luciano Salvadore
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private room that seats parties up to 16 total guests. A semi-private area that seats parties up to 26 total guests. We also offer private seating in our upstairs dining area that may accommodate sit-down parties for up to 60 guests and cocktail/happy hour events of up to 130 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Olsen 8172518798x
A word from il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar
il Calabrese, an Italian Fare centered on the freshest ingredients imported from all over Italy. We offer an array of modern and traditional Italian dishes that are sure to please every palate. We also offer a wine selection that is as unique and seductive as the dining atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Way down hillDragonMikeDined on 10/19/2014The quality of the food dropped off significantly since we last went under the old name. There was almost no else in the restaurant during dinner. It was really sad.
- Slake19dinerDined on 10/17/2014Great new Southlake neighborhood gem restaurant. Great food, service and atmosphere. Soooo happy to have this new restaurant in SouthlakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under new managementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014I'm excited that this beautiful restaurant has new management. I look forward to revisiting soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!!!TomnAndrew1Dined on 10/4/2014We just randomly selected this restaurant because it was on the way to the hotel. What a great place it turned out to be - the staff was fabulous, the food amazing. My partner continues to rave about the dinner - we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian in southlakeSLdinersVIPDined on 9/27/2014love the new menu and the changes to the restaurant. All of our favorite are there but the new items are really great. Everyone seems really energized!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Great location and a lot of potential. Bar & outdoor dining seemed more appealing that indoor dining. Food was good, but not great. Menu limited compared to other Italian restaurants in it's class. It's hard to tell who they are targeting. If it's high end Italian then don't serve pizza. Overall I was not impressed and probably will not go back.
- il Calebrese now thatsgreat italianjefelangDined on 9/19/2014There are some great authentic italian restaurants around Southlake, Keller, Trophy Club and Westlake. This takes italian to a new level. It has improved on its predecessor by keep a few favorite but focusing on something no other italian spot has- authentic rustic italian as an elegant meal. The atmosphere is amazing- for the entire metroplex. The service is spot on. Try the magnificent Tentazione della Osteria for an appetizer. Cheese, meats and honeycomb are each complimentary and wonderful. The bourbon braised pork shank and the sea bass with spicy orange are both fantastic. This restaurant is the perfect addition to the area- go support this wonderful new venue and give all the chains a rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change with new menuSLdinersVIPDined on 9/11/2014We loved the new three fresh appetizer and the pepperoni bread is always a favorite! Cioppino was really great. Salads are fresh and generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Meal!drzachDined on 9/6/2014I'd driven past this restaurant many times, but never had found a good opportunity to try it out. It's apart from the Southlake Downtown area, so it never readily sprang to mind when thinking about local nice restaurants. My wife and I recently dined there for our anniversary, bringing our 2-year old along. The food was excellent, even the kids' cheese pizza (my son plowed through it happily). I had an Old-Fashioned, which was a bit on the fancy side but expertly mixed. The staff all seemed on the young side (I don't think I saw a single person over 30), but they knew what they were doing, and took good care of us the whole time. They even offered a free appetizer if I shared a photo of my meal on Facebook. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- good food & atmospherekdbensonVIPDined on 8/24/2014Celebrating my daughter's 26th bday. Have been many times when it was Patrizios and actually thought the menu selection was better now that it's Il Calabrese. Caprese salad was good. Mediterranean Sea Bass, Chilean Sea Bass were both very good and were cooked perfectly. Orecciette Alla Calabrese was very good too. They brought out a piece of cake with a candle which was nice and it was delicious....not sure what it was but the cake was light so maybe it was a tiramisu? Will definitely return! Had a nice downstairs bar and I think they also have an upstairs bar. Will return sometime for a drink too.Special Features:
- Great First DatemmmmgoodDined on 8/23/2014The hostesses were very friendly and allowed me to choose a table. Our waitress was personal and very knowledgeable about the menu choices. We had wine, appetizer, dinner and dessert and everything was outstanding!Special Features:
- Good ItalianEatfresh4Dined on 8/1/2014We came to celebrate my hubby's 40th birthday and we brought our kids (elementary age-no littles). Not really a kid place, a little too upscale in our opinion. We had to ask what was available for them to eat since there were no kid menus. The building is pretty, a little noisy, and the service was just so-so. There was metal rock playing which just seemed weird at an Italian restaurant. Our waitress was nice, she just seemed busy, and with the price tag I expect a little more attention. For the birthday: they said happy birthday, but that was it. My husband was happy not to have the attention. The food & drinks were good. Order off the specials menu, our best stuff was from there, and leave the kiddos at home :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the il Calabrese Ristorante and Bar reviews archive.