47 Bond St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbuco.com/
- Phone: (212) 533-1932
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Small plates available 4:00pm-6:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joel Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We offer 2 unique private dining spaces. Our charming Chef's Table accommodates 18 guests for a seated dinner service. While our rustic Wine Cellar can accommodate up to 28 guests for a private event. We also offer full restaurant buyouts for up to 75 guests.
For more information please contact our Director of Events, Allyson Emhoff, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Il Buco
Warm rustic atmosphere, with an antiques filled decor, featuring a chef's table, a beautiful wine cellar, and main dining room. Beloved by foodies for its inventive use of the best ingredients available, il Buco is one of New York’s hidden treasures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (82)notable wine list (79)romantic (76)special occasion (54)good for groups (31)hot spot (27)great for lunch (24)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Go elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/18/2014I don't see what everyone is talking about. From the bread basket to the pastas and to the service, my husband and I were extremely let down. Other italian restaurants are much better (dell 'anima, l'apicio, even gigino's). The bread was cold and rubbery. The pastas seemed just plain and tasteless. Took forever for us to get attention from our waiter after our orders were taken and there were huge time lapses between courses. To be fair, I had the quail appetizer which was tasty. Everything else I will pass and go elsewhere.
- Dinner for two in the wine cellarOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/18/2014Best meal of the year! Romantic dining in their wine cellar is much calmer than main dining room. Great attention to detail is obvious from bread through dessert. Service is attentive, friendly and knowledgable but not intrusive. The wine suggested was a different and enjoyable choice. I will definitely come back and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love il bucoabanycDined on 11/17/2014great food, great wine... only lately soooo many people.... but still it's il buco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Friends and family have been raving about Il Buco for many years, so I was delighted to have a chance to have lunch there last week. The lovely setting, attentive service, and good company made for an enjoyable expereince, but I have to say: (1) the otherwise good kale salad was overdressed; (2) the paparadelle was not as good as what we make at home and was oversalted, and the rest of the dish was short on flavor; (3) the porchetta sandwich was not as good as that from the Durham, NC food truck of the same name; and (4) the wine by the glass list was disappointing. Given its reputation and ambiance, I'll give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Ambience, Weird Res Time = Weird ServicemollyDined on 11/14/2014Everything was fantastic --- the food, the staff was friendly, it was quiet and beautiful. The only downer was our reservation was at 3:45 - (a weird time to begin with I know) and the restaurant called us a couple hours beforehand and asked us to move our reservation time 15 minutes earlier or we wouldn't be able to order before the kitchen closes. That was a tight squeeze, and while we were still eating the restaurant essentially shut down --- the food deliveries came in, the staff sat down to eat --- this was all fine, except that our waitress cut out too, and then there was absolutely no one paying an ounce of attention to us. The entire staff was sitting at the next table, and I tried to get their attention for about 10 or 15 minutes to ask for our coats (which I think they forgot about). Finally the sommelier walked by and I flagged him, but instead of getting our coats he handed off the ticket to a different employee, who continued chatting for a bit before getting our coat. So ---- in conclusion --- the food is great, the ambience is probably wonderful too at prime eating hours, but if you come at an off-time they treat you like yesterday's toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbertDined on 11/10/2014Very fresh and creative. Hard to get a reservation though!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014As promised, a rustic Italian serving locally sourced, delicious food with just a tiny pinch of fine dining thrown in. Fresh basket of bread, olive oil and sea salt went down well with a bottle of (reasonably priced) Italian red. 2 appetizers (next time will definitely try more) Kale salad and fresh creamy, sweet ricotta. Still dreaming of the pork with light, crisp melt-in-the-mouth crackling. Tuna steak (always a risky one) was moist, juicy and cooked to perfection. Ambience is romantic and cozy. Whilst tables are suited for family/shared dining they do an excellent job of splitting the tables with big rustic plant pots so if you are a couple, you don’t feel as if you are dining with your neighbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed our lunch here. We had one issue with the kitchen that delayed our order, however the staff was very accomadating in rectifying the situation. It is a very small place so plan ahead if you want a table, otherwise you may be put at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findPhillyDined on 11/6/2014Had a great lunch. Excellent cocktails and amazing good. Old school ambiance was wonderful as well. Excellent choice considering the number of options in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSasha24Dined on 11/2/2014I went here for my birthday. Food was mmmm-azing. Pasta was perfectly al dente. Had duck breast dish, which was like Mecca for the mouth. The staff was very friendly. I definitely would come again soon.Special Features:
- Thanks...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014To the especially attentive and professional sommelier.... Everything was wonderful, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic !!!Luv2shareDined on 10/30/2014Absolutely fantastic !!! Ive had the pleasure of dining at many well seasoned and notable spots in our great city; By far and without hesitation, Il Buco is at the top of my list and will most likely remain there for years to come. The ambiance, service, food and general spirit of the place is one of a kind. The chief, manager and staff obviously work very well together and know how to bring their passion for food and service to the customer. To find a place that truly has a passion for what they do is tough to find....look no further, Il Buco is it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So cosy, a real gemHeatherDined on 10/26/2014Il Buco was a fabulous experience from the very friendly greeting and seating through help choosing food and wine to eating a delicious meal. The porchetta was to die for, so tender and melting in a way I've never tasted pork. And with my starter of cavolonero it was healthy too! When not eating we loved looking at all the vintage arrangements around the restaurant. Wish we lived nearer, it would be our regular haunt but do hope to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014It was our 2nd visit and we had a delicious meal with friendly and attentive service . My 13yr old daughter's food requirements were not in the least a problem . The wine list is a must for any Bon Viveur ! Next time we visit from Ireland , Il Buco will be high on our list .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small platesupperwestsiderDined on 10/25/2014Had small plates meal a few nights ago- great service and unbelievably mouth-watering calamari with white beans and a kale salad- wish I could go back again tonight!Special Features:
- Delicious!sonhomeu01VIPDined on 10/25/2014Il Buco is excellent! The maccheroni I had with homemade sausage and cubanelle peppers was superb. My fiancée had swordfish cooked to perfection, while our friend had steak and it was also excellent. We loved the bread and olive oil, our kale salad, brussel sprouts, and meat plate. Our server was great and helpful. My friend had a craft beer from Italy that came in a very cool bottle, and he raved about the beer. Wine selection was awesome. The only thing we weren't too wild about was the dessert. The flourless chocolate cake was dry, the fried ricotta balls were dry and needed a lot more huckleberry sauce. The flourless chocolate cake could have also used the huckleberry sauce. The apple tart was really the only dessert worth eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be greatNetiuDined on 10/24/2014It used to be a great place in Noho. Recommended to me by Pascualino di Ponte. Now not so much. Not bad, just averageSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Best dinner I've had in NYC so far, both for the food and the setting. Sit downstairs in the wine cellar for a quieter but very fun and interesting background. You feel like you're having an intimate dinner in your wine-making friend's basement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Buco has it right!LizaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Il Buco has it right; it’s slinky & seductive while still maintaining a charming accessibility and air. The food is extremely fresh & executed w/ skill & perfection. In short, Il Buco is perfect for a date night, ladies night out, after-work drink or family gathering. The dimly lit main dining room has pottery-laden shelves, scattered w/ wine bottles, & copper pots hanging from hooks or stuffed in the corners. The eclectic wall art & light fixtures transform the rather cramped room w/ low ceilings into a fab authentic Italian ‘straunt. The wine cellar is more relaxed & private, & reminiscent of a room that you would expect to find in the basement of an old Italian estate. Read my full review: http://wp.me/p4iPrh-aL Ideal meal: CannolicchiSpecial Features:
- A good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014Carpaccio was outstanding....Sommelier was spot on...Entrees very sparce (pasta has such a low food cost too) Four bites and done. Limited menu selections. We tried because of Trip Advisor ratings and were a bit disappointed.Special Features:
- flacco1Dined on 10/19/2014Nice decor. Food was okay but not outstanding. Great wine list. Didn't enjoy the fact that I was at a communal table when I was a party of two. Takes away from the romantic experience. Perhaps sitting at the communal table was the reason for the disappointing service. Seemed like the larger groups around us got a lot more attention from the waiter then did my reservation. Had to remind the waiter that I ordered coffees after finished our desserts. Oh I forgot to ring that in he said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food. Loud roomJgallaDined on 10/10/2014Everything about our visit to Il Buco was wonderful, with the single exception of the noise level in the room. Lovely food, beautifully prepared, attentive service, excellent wine list. But noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DelightJerseygourmetDined on 9/30/2014Our post theater experience at Il Buco was outstanding. Among our many selections, the risotto, grilled octopus, kale salad and bread were to die for. Excellent wine choice, compliments of the sommelier. Couldn't have had a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had been recommended this restaurant by friends in Sweden and we were not disappointed. The food was realy good and tasty and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC dining experiencenyc2dineDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I spent a day in NYC celebrating our anniversary, capping it off with dinner at IL Buco. Drinks, food, atmosphere were fantastic and our waiter made us feel like regulars. The service was patient and attentive without making you feel rushed. We will definitely visit IL Buco again and would recommend it to anyone seeking a restaurant that's off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a gem a 'gem'CABARETDined on 9/26/2014Truly fabulous! What can be said? Go eat and see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Exquisite food in flavor and presentation (some portions very small), beautiful, romantic space (downstairs in high-ceilinged, lowlit wine cellar), impeccable service. Pure delight for all of the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bonne table !!AurelieDined on 9/23/2014Excellent cooking Very fresh products for dishes rich in flavor, sublime wines perfect service !!!Special Features:
- hungrygrlVIPDined on 9/23/2014Il Buco never disappoints, food and service always consistent, the food is so thoughtfully & carefully prepared, never gimmicky. I shall keep returning and hope to always be able to secure a table....thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were there for the pris fixe meal and it was amazing. The fluke with cherry tomatoes may have been the best tasting course. I was not so impressed with the broth course. The pasta and sword fish were superb. I will come again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLindaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great spot to relax and enjoy people watching on the patio.Special Features:
- redsquare32Dined on 9/17/2014Il Buco was a charming, romantic spot tucked away on Bond Street. The food was delicious and the staff gracious. We had a very leisurely lunch and I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSambuccaDined on 9/10/2014First time we went to Il Buco. Loved it! The steak and veal were awesome. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014I haven't been to Il Buco for many years. An old friend introduced me to the restaurant over a decade ago when we were students at NYU, and I immediately regretted being away from this amazing restaurant for so many years. The ambience is perfect. The food is beyond perfection. My girlfriend and I ordered several courses and our server coursed it perfectly. There was not a single poor dish, from the olive oil, olives, the lamb crudo, pappardelle pasta and the perfect finish to our meal, their special rib eye for two. Actually I stand corrected, the perfect finish was the panna cotta. Il Buco is single handedly the best Italian restaurant and one of the best restaurants in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the pointGraciedinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Of making a reservation when you still have to wait 45 minutes to be seated? Then when we finally were, or party of 4 was put at a big round table that really would have been more suited for 6 people. Add the high noise level to the big table and it meant you could really only talk to one person at a time. There are so many restaurants doing this type of food and doing it well. The food was fine but these logistical issues are enough to warrant going somewhere else when conversation and convenience matter.
- good but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Overall the food was very good, but not all of it was as fresh as I would have expected. We had the zucchini flowers, which were fine. Pasta was nice. The pork entree and skate wing were both very good. Dessert: The sorbet was good but the peach galette (tart special of the day) lacked in so many ways. There was a strong hint of "I've been sitting in a refrigerator with savory things for too long" flavor, and the peaches were probably mushy before making the galette. The setting is lovely, which is one reason I've wanted to go there for so long. We were seated in the back nook next to the kitchen and waiters' station. And they dropped at least 5 things over the course of our meal, but the noise level in the front space seemed even worseSpecial Features:
- Amazing place!Emi2013VIPDined on 9/8/2014Dinner was great, very good service loved the place. Relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Charm in VillBunnyweisserDined on 9/4/2014If you haven't ventured to Bond Street to try this place out, you are missing out. The food is great seasonal fare and the ambiance is quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the wineFundinnerDined on 9/3/2014The sommalier helped select a moderately priced wine that was enjoye by everyone at the table. We all passed our plates so everyone got a taste of what was ordered. Wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great seating in Wine CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food in this restaurant is great but it can be a little crowded upstairs. The best place to be seated is downstairs in the wine cellar.Special Features: