47 Bond St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbuco.com/
- Phone: 2125331932x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Small plates available 4:00pm-6:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joel Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We offer 2 unique private dining spaces. Our charming Chef's Table accommodates 18 guests for a seated dinner service. While our rustic Wine Cellar can accommodate up to 28 guests for a private event. We also offer full restaurant buyouts for up to 75 guests.
For more information please contact our Director of Events, Allyson Emhoff, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Il Buco
Warm rustic atmosphere, with an antiques filled decor, featuring a chef's table, a beautiful wine cellar, and main dining room. Beloved by foodies for its inventive use of the best ingredients available, il Buco is one of New York’s hidden treasures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)romantic (84)neighborhood gem (84)notable wine list (81)special occasion (62)good for groups (40)hot spot (29)great for lunch (20)late-night find (17)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Beautiful food. Loud roomJgallaDined on 10/10/2014Everything about our visit to Il Buco was wonderful, with the single exception of the noise level in the room. Lovely food, beautifully prepared, attentive service, excellent wine list. But noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night DelightJerseygourmetDined on 9/30/2014Our post theater experience at Il Buco was outstanding. Among our many selections, the risotto, grilled octopus, kale salad and bread were to die for. Excellent wine choice, compliments of the sommelier. Couldn't have had a nicer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had been recommended this restaurant by friends in Sweden and we were not disappointed. The food was realy good and tasty and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC dining experiencenyc2dineDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I spent a day in NYC celebrating our anniversary, capping it off with dinner at IL Buco. Drinks, food, atmosphere were fantastic and our waiter made us feel like regulars. The service was patient and attentive without making you feel rushed. We will definitely visit IL Buco again and would recommend it to anyone seeking a restaurant that's off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a gem a 'gem'CABARETDined on 9/26/2014Truly fabulous! What can be said? Go eat and see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Exquisite food in flavor and presentation (some portions very small), beautiful, romantic space (downstairs in high-ceilinged, lowlit wine cellar), impeccable service. Pure delight for all of the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bonne table !!AurelieDined on 9/23/2014Excellent cooking Very fresh products for dishes rich in flavor, sublime wines perfect service !!!Special Features:
- hungrygrlVIPDined on 9/23/2014Il Buco never disappoints, food and service always consistent, the food is so thoughtfully & carefully prepared, never gimmicky. I shall keep returning and hope to always be able to secure a table....thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We were there for the pris fixe meal and it was amazing. The fluke with cherry tomatoes may have been the best tasting course. I was not so impressed with the broth course. The pasta and sword fish were superb. I will come again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLindaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great spot to relax and enjoy people watching on the patio.Special Features:
- redsquare32Dined on 9/17/2014Il Buco was a charming, romantic spot tucked away on Bond Street. The food was delicious and the staff gracious. We had a very leisurely lunch and I would definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSambuccaDined on 9/10/2014First time we went to Il Buco. Loved it! The steak and veal were awesome. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014I haven't been to Il Buco for many years. An old friend introduced me to the restaurant over a decade ago when we were students at NYU, and I immediately regretted being away from this amazing restaurant for so many years. The ambience is perfect. The food is beyond perfection. My girlfriend and I ordered several courses and our server coursed it perfectly. There was not a single poor dish, from the olive oil, olives, the lamb crudo, pappardelle pasta and the perfect finish to our meal, their special rib eye for two. Actually I stand corrected, the perfect finish was the panna cotta. Il Buco is single handedly the best Italian restaurant and one of the best restaurants in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the pointGraciedinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Of making a reservation when you still have to wait 45 minutes to be seated? Then when we finally were, or party of 4 was put at a big round table that really would have been more suited for 6 people. Add the high noise level to the big table and it meant you could really only talk to one person at a time. There are so many restaurants doing this type of food and doing it well. The food was fine but these logistical issues are enough to warrant going somewhere else when conversation and convenience matter.
- good but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Overall the food was very good, but not all of it was as fresh as I would have expected. We had the zucchini flowers, which were fine. Pasta was nice. The pork entree and skate wing were both very good. Dessert: The sorbet was good but the peach galette (tart special of the day) lacked in so many ways. There was a strong hint of "I've been sitting in a refrigerator with savory things for too long" flavor, and the peaches were probably mushy before making the galette. The setting is lovely, which is one reason I've wanted to go there for so long. We were seated in the back nook next to the kitchen and waiters' station. And they dropped at least 5 things over the course of our meal, but the noise level in the front space seemed even worseSpecial Features:
- Amazing place!Emi2013VIPDined on 9/8/2014Dinner was great, very good service loved the place. Relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Charm in VillBunnyweisserDined on 9/4/2014If you haven't ventured to Bond Street to try this place out, you are missing out. The food is great seasonal fare and the ambiance is quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the wineFundinnerDined on 9/3/2014The sommalier helped select a moderately priced wine that was enjoye by everyone at the table. We all passed our plates so everyone got a taste of what was ordered. Wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great seating in Wine CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food in this restaurant is great but it can be a little crowded upstairs. The best place to be seated is downstairs in the wine cellar.Special Features:
- NICE PLACENachoMaderoDined on 8/23/2014A complete italian wine list, you can smell the Italian Tuscan region and finally an Excelent attentionSpecial Features:
- DisappointingIG2385VIPDined on 8/22/2014The place was beautiful, atmosphere was great, the sommelier was very helpful, prices were reasonable and there is even parking on the street after 6pm which is always welcomed. However when it comes to the most important part, the meal, it was just OK. We shared 5 appetizers(Just OK), shared a rib eye for 2 with two of the homemade pasta courses for dinner(Just OK) and shared 3 desserts. The only course that I can say was actually bad was the dessert. Skip dessert and walk around the neighborhood to a bakery or ice cream shop. Overall nothing stood out to make us say, "Wow we gotta go back and eat that again." We were very excited as it has a 25 rating in ZAGAT but for us it was more like a 20. Needless to say we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Too noisy to enjoysjpnycDined on 8/19/2014Loudest restaurant I've been too. The food is good but it's really too loud to hold a conversation. People sitting next to us we're screaming just to talk. Portions are too small.
- Confusing service.outnoutDined on 8/15/2014We had our order taken by an unfriendly guy who was slow, forgetful & did not tell us the specials. After we had different waiters and busboys attend to us, the manager checked on us near the end of the meal, we gently let her know that our waiter wasn't doing a great job. She took our request seriously but it turned out one of the other waitstaff was our waiter who was just pushing his job on someone else. The manager and our waiter thought it was a hilarious mistake that we didn't understand who our waiter was. They missed the point: IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS WHO YOUR WAITER IS. The manager was also relieved that this was a misunderstanding versus her waiter not doing his job. BUT HE WASN'T DOING HIS JOB. Very uncomfortable to be laughed at.Special Features:
- Kale CaesarHannahbananaDined on 8/14/2014Best kale Caesar salad I've ever had. My husband doesn't like kale and couldn't stop eating mine. Melt in your mouth fresh pasta with Lobster mushrooms and fresh corn. Pannacota dessert took it to a whole new level. Kinda want to go back for more again tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENT FAVORITEIZ817VIPDined on 8/14/2014beautiful decor - although seating can sometimes be awkward, beware of being seated right next to the doors leading downstairs. delicious food - the heirloom tomato salad is amazing, pastas are all good and the pannacotta with balsamic reduction is amazing if you're into that kind of dessert.Special Features:
- Very good! But noisy..NyloverDined on 8/13/2014Good for sharing nice time with friends! But everybody talks too loud.. So, get into it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta perfectilanasVIPDined on 8/10/2014the salads were fresh and simple but sublime. The pasta was so flavourful is a simple, perfect way. We sat down in the wine cellar which was cool and quiet. t was great. Go!Special Features:
- Saturday nightCherylSIDined on 8/9/2014Our reservation was at 8:45 and we did not get seated until past 9:30. The server was apologetic and provided us with free prosecco and appetizers, but it seemed like the entire restaurant received the same treatment as if the restaurant knew there would be a wait. Servers were slow to take our order and take our plates between courses. Our group of 5 were the last to leave the restaurant at 12:30! Food was tasty, but service needs a boost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought I was in italySylnycDined on 8/8/2014The olive oil, exceptional. Everything a pure delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWdjfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Simply the best. I came w a large party and we all ordered alittle bit of everything...From start to finish we were blown away w the wine selection, quality of food, and service. You just have to go and you will not regret one bit of it. You will never look at Italian food the same again!Special Features:
- YumpeasantpalateVIPDined on 8/7/2014EVERYTHING was delicious. The service was excellent. We sampled a wide variety of foods - fish (crudo and ceviche), fowl (roast chicken with okra surprise!), meat (salami platter), vegetables (refreshing summer squash salad & aforementioned orka), and coffee (espresso) - and everything was delicious. We skipped dessert, but I'm sure that would have been amazing, too. It was a little too loud when we arrived at 6:30ish, but the noise level died down. The waiter was very knowledgeable about all the ingredients and preparation - and helped me pick a nice glass of wine. It's a VERY charming environment, and the food is fresh and creative/surprising without trying too hard. I look forward to returning. I'm very curious about their breakfast!Special Features:
- A nice dinning experience casuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Very good food, great ambiance and an extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!NancyBDined on 8/4/2014Great risotto, an incredible heirloom tomato salad, they make great use of seasonal goodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cavieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The service was pretentious bordering on rude. The appetizers and main course were unremarkable. The desserts were especially disappointing--the fruit crostata had a tough, flavorless pastry with almost no fruit to be found, and the ricotta fritters were horribly burnt and greasy--they never should have been allowed to leave the kitchen.
- Consistently excellent!IZ817VIPDined on 7/31/2014Gorgeous space and absolutely delicious food. the heirloom tomato salad and the tuna ceviche are both amazing.Special Features:
- DocKDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time at Il Buco for lunch. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedStanandOllieVIPDined on 7/25/2014While it's a lovely space and the While it's a lovely space and the wait staff were pleasant, the food was unremarkable. We ordered 4 appetizers for 5 of us. The octopus and zucchini blossoms were delicious, but nothing else stood out and the portions were small. For main courses, 3 of us had different pasta dishes, 1 had the pork and 1 the salmon. The pork was the highlight. The pasta dishes were boring and again petite. We left wanting more both literally and figuratively.
- Really?goldie55Dined on 7/24/2014I really enjoyed the dinner but was shocked to find that I was charged $2.00 for bread. The sever asked if we wanted bread but never mentioned that we would be charged for it. When we complained they said it was on the menu, but we did not see it. The menu has pages and pages written about the restaurant and food that I obviously missed the fine print. They did not take it off of the bill when we mentioned it to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its so overratedcoldshouldersVIPDined on 7/20/2014i've heard about this restaurant all over the fashion bloggers, saying that how Il buco is such a romantic & fantastic place to dine. but our experience told us otherwise. 1. we ordered a bottle of white wine and was not offered to be put into a ice bucket to keep it cold 2. we were basically left alone with not much service - not once pour the wine in our empty glasses (but we noticed he kept pouring the wine to this young couple next to us 3. this gentleman was very chatty and friendly to one particular party of 5 but not once ever try to make an effort with us. is it because we are asians? or is it because we shared 2 appetizers? his services was perfect to others but unfortunately we were left with cold shoulders.
- oaker5Dined on 7/20/2014Always fantastic. Relaxed, professional vibe. Good beverage director, kitchen consistently great.Special Features: