47 Bond St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbuco.com/
- Phone: 2125331932x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Small plates available 4:00pm-6:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:30am
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joel Hough
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Choose from 2 unique spaces: our chef's table accommodates 18, and the Wine Cellar 26. Or take over the entire restaurant for groups up to 70.
A word from Il Buco
Warm rustic atmosphere, with an antiques filled decor, featuring a chef's table, a beautiful wine cellar, and main dining room. Beloved by foodies for its inventive use of the best ingredients available, il Buco is one of New York’s hidden treasures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (81)fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (69)notable wine list (66)special occasion (61)good for groups (32)hot spot (24)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great seating in Wine CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The food in this restaurant is great but it can be a little crowded upstairs. The best place to be seated is downstairs in the wine cellar.Special Features:
- NICE PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014A complete italian wine list, you can smell the Italian Tuscan region and finally an Excelent attentionSpecial Features:
- DisappointingIG2385VIPDined on 8/22/2014The place was beautiful, atmosphere was great, the sommelier was very helpful, prices were reasonable and there is even parking on the street after 6pm which is always welcomed. However when it comes to the most important part, the meal, it was just OK. We shared 5 appetizers(Just OK), shared a rib eye for 2 with two of the homemade pasta courses for dinner(Just OK) and shared 3 desserts. The only course that I can say was actually bad was the dessert. Skip dessert and walk around the neighborhood to a bakery or ice cream shop. Overall nothing stood out to make us say, "Wow we gotta go back and eat that again." We were very excited as it has a 25 rating in ZAGAT but for us it was more like a 20. Needless to say we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Too noisy to enjoysjpnycDined on 8/19/2014Loudest restaurant I've been too. The food is good but it's really too loud to hold a conversation. People sitting next to us we're screaming just to talk. Portions are too small.
- Confusing service.outnoutDined on 8/15/2014We had our order taken by an unfriendly guy who was slow, forgetful & did not tell us the specials. After we had different waiters and busboys attend to us, the manager checked on us near the end of the meal, we gently let her know that our waiter wasn't doing a great job. She took our request seriously but it turned out one of the other waitstaff was our waiter who was just pushing his job on someone else. The manager and our waiter thought it was a hilarious mistake that we didn't understand who our waiter was. They missed the point: IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS WHO YOUR WAITER IS. The manager was also relieved that this was a misunderstanding versus her waiter not doing his job. BUT HE WASN'T DOING HIS JOB. Very uncomfortable to be laughed at.Special Features:
- Kale CaesarHannahbananaDined on 8/14/2014Best kale Caesar salad I've ever had. My husband doesn't like kale and couldn't stop eating mine. Melt in your mouth fresh pasta with Lobster mushrooms and fresh corn. Pannacota dessert took it to a whole new level. Kinda want to go back for more again tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENT FAVORITEIZ817VIPDined on 8/14/2014beautiful decor - although seating can sometimes be awkward, beware of being seated right next to the doors leading downstairs. delicious food - the heirloom tomato salad is amazing, pastas are all good and the pannacotta with balsamic reduction is amazing if you're into that kind of dessert.Special Features:
- Very good! But noisy..NyloverDined on 8/13/2014Good for sharing nice time with friends! But everybody talks too loud.. So, get into it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta perfectilanasVIPDined on 8/10/2014the salads were fresh and simple but sublime. The pasta was so flavourful is a simple, perfect way. We sat down in the wine cellar which was cool and quiet. t was great. Go!Special Features:
- Saturday nightCherylSIDined on 8/9/2014Our reservation was at 8:45 and we did not get seated until past 9:30. The server was apologetic and provided us with free prosecco and appetizers, but it seemed like the entire restaurant received the same treatment as if the restaurant knew there would be a wait. Servers were slow to take our order and take our plates between courses. Our group of 5 were the last to leave the restaurant at 12:30! Food was tasty, but service needs a boost.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought I was in italySylnycDined on 8/8/2014The olive oil, exceptional. Everything a pure delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWdjfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Simply the best. I came w a large party and we all ordered alittle bit of everything...From start to finish we were blown away w the wine selection, quality of food, and service. You just have to go and you will not regret one bit of it. You will never look at Italian food the same again!Special Features:
- YumpeasantpalateVIPDined on 8/7/2014EVERYTHING was delicious. The service was excellent. We sampled a wide variety of foods - fish (crudo and ceviche), fowl (roast chicken with okra surprise!), meat (salami platter), vegetables (refreshing summer squash salad & aforementioned orka), and coffee (espresso) - and everything was delicious. We skipped dessert, but I'm sure that would have been amazing, too. It was a little too loud when we arrived at 6:30ish, but the noise level died down. The waiter was very knowledgeable about all the ingredients and preparation - and helped me pick a nice glass of wine. It's a VERY charming environment, and the food is fresh and creative/surprising without trying too hard. I look forward to returning. I'm very curious about their breakfast!Special Features:
- A nice dinning experience casuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014Very good food, great ambiance and an extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!NancyBDined on 8/4/2014Great risotto, an incredible heirloom tomato salad, they make great use of seasonal goodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cavieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The service was pretentious bordering on rude. The appetizers and main course were unremarkable. The desserts were especially disappointing--the fruit crostata had a tough, flavorless pastry with almost no fruit to be found, and the ricotta fritters were horribly burnt and greasy--they never should have been allowed to leave the kitchen.
- Consistently excellent!IZ817VIPDined on 7/31/2014Gorgeous space and absolutely delicious food. the heirloom tomato salad and the tuna ceviche are both amazing.Special Features:
- DocKDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time at Il Buco for lunch. Food was excellent and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedStanandOllieVIPDined on 7/25/2014While it's a lovely space and the While it's a lovely space and the wait staff were pleasant, the food was unremarkable. We ordered 4 appetizers for 5 of us. The octopus and zucchini blossoms were delicious, but nothing else stood out and the portions were small. For main courses, 3 of us had different pasta dishes, 1 had the pork and 1 the salmon. The pork was the highlight. The pasta dishes were boring and again petite. We left wanting more both literally and figuratively.
- Really?goldie55Dined on 7/24/2014I really enjoyed the dinner but was shocked to find that I was charged $2.00 for bread. The sever asked if we wanted bread but never mentioned that we would be charged for it. When we complained they said it was on the menu, but we did not see it. The menu has pages and pages written about the restaurant and food that I obviously missed the fine print. They did not take it off of the bill when we mentioned it to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its so overratedcoldshouldersVIPDined on 7/20/2014i've heard about this restaurant all over the fashion bloggers, saying that how Il buco is such a romantic & fantastic place to dine. but our experience told us otherwise. 1. we ordered a bottle of white wine and was not offered to be put into a ice bucket to keep it cold 2. we were basically left alone with not much service - not once pour the wine in our empty glasses (but we noticed he kept pouring the wine to this young couple next to us 3. this gentleman was very chatty and friendly to one particular party of 5 but not once ever try to make an effort with us. is it because we are asians? or is it because we shared 2 appetizers? his services was perfect to others but unfortunately we were left with cold shoulders.
- oaker5Dined on 7/20/2014Always fantastic. Relaxed, professional vibe. Good beverage director, kitchen consistently great.Special Features:
- Fantastic for a birthday dinnermikebravoDined on 7/20/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and it was absolutely lovely. The cocktail menu is short but well thought out and any cocktail lover would appreciate the menu. We arrived when they opened, at 5pm, which is perfect because the evening starts out charming and quiet and moves to a nice energy level by the time dinner arrives. Their wine menu is carefully curated and their sommelier suggested a fantastic bottle of wine for dinner. The food was utterly amazing, with expert preparation. You really can't go wrong here. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightveggie4lyfeDined on 7/18/2014Perfect for a date night! Delicious food. Vegetarian friendly.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceCBNYDined on 7/13/2014We have been here several times for dinner, but this was truly an experience. We were asked if we wanted to be seated in the wine cellar and immediately we said yes. We had been shown this area on one of our previous visits, but it was not open for dinner that time. What a wonderful and unique experience! Our waiter was wonderful and took great care of us. The maître d' came to check on us several times, which we have never experienced anywhere. The food is always very good but this atmosphere is like being transported to the Italian countryside. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply lovely. Date spot for sureChadbrolovelyDined on 7/13/2014The food, service, wine, ambiance was fantastic. My girlfriend and I love wining and dining so for our one year I wanted something very romantic and intimate. It was, as the title says, absolutely lovely. Our server tanner was lovely, the restaurant and music was lovely, the food and wine, simply perfect. We had a fantastic experience and meal and went for yet another lovely stroll through Washington square park which was a quick walk away. I've been recommending to everyone I see to bring their family or significant other for a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Il Buco was recommended to me by a friend and did not disappoint. The ambience felt like we were part of a lively family dinner in Tuscany. The food was simple but fantastic - great pasta, homemade on premises with light sauces, and the wine list was lovely. Service was absolutely outstanding - the waiter and staff were extremely attentive and made the experience more enjoyable. Great spot if you are with a group or in our case, we were 2 and seated at a family style table but with a large flower arrangement in the middle to separate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!SueCDined on 7/11/2014We had our wedding party dinner at Il Buco and it was an amazing experience. The staff is incredible and made our dinner such a beautiful occasion. Can't recommend it enough for a special night. Food was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Asparagus with egg had v little asparagus and not much taste Pasta over salted Sausage on dry side Server very nice good wine great vibe
- CyreneDined on 7/9/2014Won't be returning here. We had almost finished our appetizers before the sommelier arrived to help us with a wine choice. My husband's steak was medium rare when he requested medium well and cold on arrival. My pork entree was awful. Three quarters of the thick piece of meat was skin, fat and bone ($30). The small portion of meat on the piece was red although I had requested medium well done. The apricots in the dish were unripe and hard. I sent it back and sat and waited while my husband finished his already cold entree. At the prices charged food and service should be much better. Ruined my birthday dinner. Waiter did subtract my entree from the check.
- Relaxing LunchRalphDined on 7/8/2014Il Buco is always a good spot for a relaxing lunch. Food is consistently good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Earthy Great FoodbbcooksDined on 7/6/2014Love this place. If you like getting your hands on your food and sharing great flavors and superior preparations in a relaxed atmosphere this is a top choice for ItalianSpecial Features:
- Totally pleasant experience.dfnyDined on 7/6/2014The main room was beautiful and comfortable. Although there were quite a few people the noise level was low. The menu was small and delicious. All dishes were interesting combinations of flavors yet simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014We sat at the back of the restaurant, right outside of the kitchen and it felt almost as though we were in the oven itself! Service was also slow and the waiter stopped to look at his tip before saying thank you.
- Friendly helpful staff, great food.2fordinnerDined on 6/27/2014The food and service were excellent. The only negative was that our table was near a door that was in constant use by staff. The door often bumped one chair. Staff were apologetic but would not sit at that table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Tuscany in NohocasanitaVIPDined on 6/27/2014We were pleasantly surprised at the authentic ambience and menu at Il Buco. We travel to Italy every year and felt the food was really quite good. The antipasti are a must. The main course slate was a bit slim, but we all found something to please us. The wine list was great but expensive - they could use a few more moderately priced wines.Special Features:
- Il Buco, Yes!DholtDined on 6/24/2014The wait staff was as down to earth and engaging as you'd ever hope to find. The food was interesting and delicious. Server's recommendations were helpful and accurate. We went twice in one trip to the city, which is unfathomable. As soon as we were out the door the first night, my husband and I were each admonishing each other that we would NOT revisit the restaurant in the same trip. We couldn't help it. We are only happy that we chose to go back, which is not in line with convention. We loved it.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience on Bond St.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food, service and overall experience at Il Buco was outstanding. Our waitress was very attentive and her suggestions and the pacing of the meal were very good. The two appetizers - fava beans and cuttlefish - were excellent and they were brought out separately so we could enjoy the flavors of each dish. The homemade pasta and the fish were equally as good. We shared each dish and we both were impressed by the freshness of each of them. The entire experience was exceptional. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceMarcusDined on 6/21/2014The food is all around very good. Everything is well seasoned, properly cooked, and packed with the traditional Italian flavors you could ever want from a home-style restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleased- Neighborhood GemFoodieDined on 6/21/2014From the moment you walk in to Il Buco there is a sense of warmth, a cozy dining experience awaits. We ordered the kale salad which was crisp and delicious. The Fava Bean appetizer which was so fresh and light (a perfect spring/summer dish) and the Pappardelle- Wow-incredibly tasty. Would like to have ordered more but not as hungry that day. The bread is to die for!! served with a very tasty Il Buco oil. The service was very friendly. Loved this restaurant - will be back for sure and will share our wonderful experience with others. bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.