31 Dunlop Street East
Unit # 101
Barrie, ON L4M1A2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbucoristorante.com/
- Phone: 7057359595
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us to enquire about private dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Sue 7057359595
A word from Il Buco
Il Buco is one of Barrie's best kept secrets. It is fine Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner while taking in the beautiful view of Kempenfelt Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Il Buco - Best Restaurants in Barrie ›
Il Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (40)romantic (30)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent!FamO4Dined on 9/6/2014Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We shared the famous baked garlic app along with the mussels. All meals were excellent including my risotto of the day. The kids enjoyed their pasta and the tartufo desserts which were delicious yet not overly heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't pass on this one . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014With a warm welcoming and very professional service staff when add outstanding Italian food at a reasonable price . . . well you can't go wrong here ! Well worth the drive from anywhere !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 9/4/2014Once again a lovely dinner for two by Chef George. The service was prompt and not rushed. The food was as expected, cooked to perfection, delicious and portioned to feed a healthy appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.GoodeatsDined on 8/31/2014Great food, great service, a bit on the pricey side. Dinner for 2 you are looking at around $70 with no alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodAngelaDined on 8/27/2014I go quite often either in a group or for a romantic dinner for 2 and am never disappointed! Food is amazing! Staff are amazing! Great service! I recommend this restaurant all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT Fine DiningsanddcDined on 8/24/2014Disappointing. Calamari and shrimp putanesca was not available so ordered the famous roasted garlic appetizer, which was too large, visually unappealing, bread was soggy. Tomato bocconcini salad was bland. Tomatoes were woody. I had the Veal Contadina, and my husband the Veal Mare e Monti. These were essentially the same dish, same veggies, with minor variations with shrimp and cream in the Mare e Monti. Totally uninspired creations. Flavours were okay, but wore thin after a few bites. Portions were large, veal very tender, but boring food. There was a definite disconnect with our server. He seemed distracted and quite bored with the whole service; so were we. Outdoor evening setting was nice. We made the best of it, but won't go back again
- ManoandJoanieDined on 8/24/2014Excellent Food and very good service (a little slow but it was nice not to feel rushed). Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceMollyDined on 8/23/2014The app's were great and arrived promptly. The mains, while good, were lukewarm and we waited for an hour......not worth the wait.Special Features:
- Terrible ServicelovetoeatDined on 8/22/2014The service we had was pretty dreadful. Our appetizers came out in a timely manner and were great. HOwever after finishing our appetizers our main meal took about 35 minutes to come out. Our server just avoided us like a plague until he brought our dinners which he said sorry after WE ASKED what took so long he explained it usually only takes 8 minutes however they forgot your order. Then my friends pasta was suppose to be pesto rose sauce there was one scoop of pesto under one piece of ravioli. My meal was good and the other servers looked quite attentive to their tables however ours again was terrible, and then he didn't even offer to take anything off the bill for the long wait.
- Undiscovered deliciousnessBubbaDined on 8/22/2014Despite the small street front presence, the restaurant is surprisingly large, well-decorated, and most importantly, adept at serving up great flavours in correct proportions. Service is quite attentive, and quality is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmadhappydiningDined on 8/16/2014nice to finally see an Italian restaurant in Barrie that the food is authentic. yet with a modern touch.and the wine actually compliments the food. Well done !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodGiMarDined on 8/15/2014Nice atmosphere. Food was very good. Would be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Iltalian Foodluv2eatoutDined on 8/9/2014Il Buco provides a wonderful summer experience on their outdoor patio, overlooking Lake Simcoe. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceChoffx2Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined out on the patio on a last minute reservation and we're easily accommodated. Servers are very knowledgeable and pleasant. The food is exceptional. Highly recommend the roasted garlic appetzer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/5/2014I have been to this restaurant four or five times this year and have never had a bad experience. It is without a doubt my favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantTorontonianDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Il Buco on Friday, August 1st. This was our first time experiencing fine dining in Barrie and it was nice surprise. We enjoyed a nice view of the lake during dinner, and both the service and food were wonderful. Our server was very helpful and friendly (made good food and wine recommendations), and the menu was reasonably priced for a nice meal.Special Features:
- we loved itdebandjohnDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Il Buco several times, the food and service is always outstanding, the only thing that put a damper on the night, my husband got quite ill after eating his dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DE-lish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food! Friendly service!! (and the cutest waiter I have ever seen!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Buco - the best in BarrieReesie211Dined on 7/19/2014I heard so many good things about Il Buco, I knew I had to try it. I went during the Barrilicious Festival, and was not disappointed! 5 stars across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodjunkieDined on 7/18/2014The food is always exquisite, delicious and presented well. The service is above and beyond. On one of our visits the chef catered to a special order for our large group without blinking an eye, they could not do enough for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrieliscious surpriseCarolCDined on 7/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised that the food portions for Barrieliscious were very generous and the food, service and outdoor patio were great. I would definitely refer this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a great place to enjoy a day or evening. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth the visitFrenchman2007Dined on 7/17/2014Good service, very good food, great patio view, but the interior is just as nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny daysHarryDined on 7/17/2014Baked garlic is an extremely rich and tasty appetizer highly worthy of sharing. $14.95 3-part lunch menu is a worthy deal. Add in umbrella request if you want shade with your deck lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJamesDined on 7/15/2014Once again we had a fantastic dinner from the Barrielicious menu. Special thanks to our server Jon Carlo and the chef George. The food and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special time!deebestDined on 7/15/2014Been a favourite of ours for a number of years. Even hosted our son & daughter-in-law's rehearsal dinner so is a sentimental spot for us. Friendly and professional and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RhonduhDined on 7/13/2014The food was amazing! Will def be coming back again soon :)Special Features:
- Great Couples EveningStuffed2capacityDined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed the ambiance, the view and the food! The service was exceptional from greetings to goodbyes. Definitely a great meal from starters to dessert. Will return and recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackieDined on 7/13/2014the menu was limited and you had to choose from Barrielicious menu, which was not really what we wanted, but the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Buco & BarrieliciousalmondcakeladyDined on 7/13/2014My first dinner at Il Buco coincided with Barrielicious. It was a great meal. Portion sizes were more than adequate for a Barrielicious price. Owner very amiable. Was impressed. Will return for sure. Very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetolunchDined on 7/4/2014was there for anniversary. Service was not great. It was Barrielicious and limited menu. Wanted to order from normal menu but couldn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversarybuffer39Dined on 7/2/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our anniversary. The choices we made from the menu were spectacular and we will be back again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canada DayEdgeGalleryownerDined on 7/1/2014Made a reservation weeks in advance to watch fire crackers on the back patio for Canada Day...Awesome! experience. Was told no guarantees for the table, but the owner went out of his way to make sure we had our patio table. Thank you so much, you made our night there very magical. Plan to make it an annual visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014salad and entree were delicious--entre portions a bit small---very disappointed in cappucino,it was too much froth and not much coffee-again btoo smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant20thAnnDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I were impressed with the ambiance, service, and food at this restaurant. Every mouthful was perfect and they serve the best Tiramisu I have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful introductionthebrightsDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend – this was our first visit. And what a great first visit. We shall be recommending it to all our friends as well! As newcomers to this city, we've been looking for "THAT" restaurant for special occasions. We tried another recommendation first, and while it was good, we weren't thrilled. But Il Buco was welcoming, food and service were fabulous, and the quality for the price far surpassed the other place folks had recommended. We will definitely be back, and will definitely spread the word! Thanks so much for making our anniversary so fabulous.Special Features:
- A lovely place for friends to dineSandyCDined on 6/21/2014A favourite of mine to join with friends and family for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014we enjoyed our meal. the service was excellent. would highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 6/11/2014As always" EXCELLENT!!!! Service very attentive. Food is varied and superb quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian dinnerJill28Dined on 6/6/2014Decided to go out for dinner. Loved that you could make a reservation over the internet. Was asked if we wanted to eat outside, chose not to. Ate inside at a nice secluded table. Our waitress was very attentive, but not hovering. We were told the specials & had an even harder time deciding what to eat! I had one of the specials (pickerel) & my husband had another one (chicken parmigiana). We really enjoyed our meals & will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great but empty roomGailywailyDined on 6/3/2014Very few dining there - don't know how they stay open. Total of 3 tables in use while we were there. Great food - waiter was phenominal and attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.