31 Dunlop Street East
Unit # 101
Barrie, ON L4M1A2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbucoristorante.com/
- Phone: (705) 735-9595
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us to enquire about private dining options.
- Private Party Contact: Sue 7057359595
A word from Il Buco
Il Buco is one of Barrie's best kept secrets. It is fine Italian cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Come and enjoy a relaxing lunch or dinner while taking in the beautiful view of Kempenfelt Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Il Buco - Best Restaurants in Barrie ›
Il Buco reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)special occasion (35)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We have been to Il Buco a few times and every time the food has been fantastic. I would recommend the roasted garlic, what a dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was my second visit to Il Buco after a somewhat disappointing first visit. This visit was much better. The food was great the service was stellar and I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- he forgot my life entrebeentheredonethatDined on 10/24/2014Ambiance was nice roasted garlic was delicious but our server forgot to order my entre. After he brought it he left an enormous pepper mill and cheese grater next to my plate. He never checked back to see how the risotto was or to remove the pepper mill or cheese grater I ended up taking my food to go. It seems that poor service really can spoil what should have been a great experience. I would like a different server if I ever went back.Special Features:
- another great evening at Il BucomadhappydiningDined on 10/18/2014thanks again. We had a great time, great food , great wine. and lemonchello too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and AgainTreeSotDined on 10/17/2014We just love this restaurant. We have been many times, and will continue to go! It has become a favorite of not just us but of our family and friends. The food is delicious, the service is great and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.Special Features:
- macquintonDined on 10/10/2014This is a place my wife and I return to often. The food is great, the owners and staff are professional, knowledgeable, and personable. While I can recommend almost anything on the menu (and do), I always appreciate a great cup of coffee and crème brulee as a finish and both are great here.Special Features:
- Great local gemLizlovesfoodDined on 10/9/2014Il Buco provides a wonderful total dining experience. The waiter made us feel special from the moment we walked in the door until we left 3 hours later and the food was outstanding. We will definitely be returning & will highly recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply a great eveningMozeDined on 10/4/2014What a pleasant surprise. A little gem tucked away on Dunlop street. The food was very good, and the service was great - very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romatic DinnergillergeeDined on 10/4/2014When I reservced via "Open Table" I asked for a quiet romantic table. The owner gave us two choices with one being a table for two away from the main seating area at the windows overlooking the bay. I was perfect!Special Features:
- A little disappointed...moso18Dined on 10/3/2014We made reservations for a romantic dinner. Upon arrival our table was not ready. We had to stand & wait for over 10 mins. The atmosphere would have been perfect if there hadn't been a large, loud party in the dining room. When our table was finally ready, they seated us away from the main area in a spot overlooking the bay, but it was a very cool, rainy night & the a/c vent was right above us & blew cold air at us the whole time. We were freezing. On a positive note, our waiter Russell, was very efficient and friendly. He never left us for too long. Yet knowing that we were trying to have a romantic dinner, he left us alone at the right times. The food was average. Portions were small for the price. I expected it would have been tastier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014great service and food. good ambiance, very friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food and service was excellent.....The ambience was wonderful and the view if dining in the outdoor area was beautiful.......and...a great wine list.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Requested seat at window overlooking water..perfect spot. Food was great, portions were healthy. This was our second time here, will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!!!!DMaiaDined on 9/26/2014First time going, and it won't be the last. Perfect place for a romantic special occasion. Food was delicious, service was great, and an all round amazing evening. I would recommend this place to everyone because you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Love this placeAdixonDined on 9/19/2014We had an amazing time and the food was outstanding. We were a group of 8 and everyone had positive things to say.Special Features:
- GreatYummyDined on 9/17/2014Great service, good food, and fantastic view! Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FamO4Dined on 9/6/2014Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We shared the famous baked garlic app along with the mussels. All meals were excellent including my risotto of the day. The kids enjoyed their pasta and the tartufo desserts which were delicious yet not overly heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't pass on this one . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014With a warm welcoming and very professional service staff when add outstanding Italian food at a reasonable price . . . well you can't go wrong here ! Well worth the drive from anywhere !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 9/4/2014Once again a lovely dinner for two by Chef George. The service was prompt and not rushed. The food was as expected, cooked to perfection, delicious and portioned to feed a healthy appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.GoodeatsDined on 8/31/2014Great food, great service, a bit on the pricey side. Dinner for 2 you are looking at around $70 with no alcoholic drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodAngelaDined on 8/27/2014I go quite often either in a group or for a romantic dinner for 2 and am never disappointed! Food is amazing! Staff are amazing! Great service! I recommend this restaurant all the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT Fine DiningsanddcDined on 8/24/2014Disappointing. Calamari and shrimp putanesca was not available so ordered the famous roasted garlic appetizer, which was too large, visually unappealing, bread was soggy. Tomato bocconcini salad was bland. Tomatoes were woody. I had the Veal Contadina, and my husband the Veal Mare e Monti. These were essentially the same dish, same veggies, with minor variations with shrimp and cream in the Mare e Monti. Totally uninspired creations. Flavours were okay, but wore thin after a few bites. Portions were large, veal very tender, but boring food. There was a definite disconnect with our server. He seemed distracted and quite bored with the whole service; so were we. Outdoor evening setting was nice. We made the best of it, but won't go back again
- ManoandJoanieDined on 8/24/2014Excellent Food and very good service (a little slow but it was nice not to feel rushed). Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceMollyDined on 8/23/2014The app's were great and arrived promptly. The mains, while good, were lukewarm and we waited for an hour......not worth the wait.Special Features:
- Terrible ServicelovetoeatDined on 8/22/2014The service we had was pretty dreadful. Our appetizers came out in a timely manner and were great. HOwever after finishing our appetizers our main meal took about 35 minutes to come out. Our server just avoided us like a plague until he brought our dinners which he said sorry after WE ASKED what took so long he explained it usually only takes 8 minutes however they forgot your order. Then my friends pasta was suppose to be pesto rose sauce there was one scoop of pesto under one piece of ravioli. My meal was good and the other servers looked quite attentive to their tables however ours again was terrible, and then he didn't even offer to take anything off the bill for the long wait.
- Undiscovered deliciousnessBubbaDined on 8/22/2014Despite the small street front presence, the restaurant is surprisingly large, well-decorated, and most importantly, adept at serving up great flavours in correct proportions. Service is quite attentive, and quality is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmadhappydiningDined on 8/16/2014nice to finally see an Italian restaurant in Barrie that the food is authentic. yet with a modern touch.and the wine actually compliments the food. Well done !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodGiMarDined on 8/15/2014Nice atmosphere. Food was very good. Would be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Iltalian Foodluv2eatoutDined on 8/9/2014Il Buco provides a wonderful summer experience on their outdoor patio, overlooking Lake Simcoe. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceChoffx2Dined on 8/8/2014My wife and I dined out on the patio on a last minute reservation and we're easily accommodated. Servers are very knowledgeable and pleasant. The food is exceptional. Highly recommend the roasted garlic appetzer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineoutDined on 8/5/2014I have been to this restaurant four or five times this year and have never had a bad experience. It is without a doubt my favourite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantTorontonianDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Il Buco on Friday, August 1st. This was our first time experiencing fine dining in Barrie and it was nice surprise. We enjoyed a nice view of the lake during dinner, and both the service and food were wonderful. Our server was very helpful and friendly (made good food and wine recommendations), and the menu was reasonably priced for a nice meal.Special Features:
- The following 189 reviews are from the Il Buco reviews archive.
- we loved itdebandjohnDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Il Buco several times, the food and service is always outstanding, the only thing that put a damper on the night, my husband got quite ill after eating his dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DE-lish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great food! Friendly service!! (and the cutest waiter I have ever seen!!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Il Buco - the best in BarrieReesie211Dined on 7/19/2014I heard so many good things about Il Buco, I knew I had to try it. I went during the Barrilicious Festival, and was not disappointed! 5 stars across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodjunkieDined on 7/18/2014The food is always exquisite, delicious and presented well. The service is above and beyond. On one of our visits the chef catered to a special order for our large group without blinking an eye, they could not do enough for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barrieliscious surpriseCarolCDined on 7/18/2014We were pleasantly surprised that the food portions for Barrieliscious were very generous and the food, service and outdoor patio were great. I would definitely refer this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a great place to enjoy a day or evening. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth the visitFrenchman2007Dined on 7/17/2014Good service, very good food, great patio view, but the interior is just as nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny daysHarryDined on 7/17/2014Baked garlic is an extremely rich and tasty appetizer highly worthy of sharing. $14.95 3-part lunch menu is a worthy deal. Add in umbrella request if you want shade with your deck lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJamesDined on 7/15/2014Once again we had a fantastic dinner from the Barrielicious menu. Special thanks to our server Jon Carlo and the chef George. The food and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.