Il Brigante Restaurant
214 Front Street
New York, NY 10038Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Il Brigante Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ilbrigantenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122850222
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can prepare all our dishes for catering purposes.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be reserved for private parties, up to 50 people seated and up to 70 standing.
- Private Party Contact: Il Brigante Restaurant 2122850222
A word from Il Brigante Restaurant
Il Brigante Restaurant was created with the goal of replicating some of the tastes and traditions of southern Italian cuisine, using the freshest and best quality ingredients to make simple and authentic Italian fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Il Brigante Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)romantic (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another great Italian restaurantOldSaltCityAceVIPDined on 9/17/2014Another great Italian restaurant near Peck’s Slip? Go figure! I had the pizza with sausage and roasted peppers. Very nice. Great wine, nice decor. I’ll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wabcolwabcolVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great Italian food for good price in NYC. had good wine as well. great service. good option for good Italian in lower Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/3/2014Am absolutely thrilled that they re-opened! The food is the same as it always was - delicious! This is one of the very few places that knows how to make a REAL spaghetti carbonara which does not contain cream.Special Features:
- Molta Bene!!DinerShoreDined on 8/30/2014Loved everything about this restaurant! Food was superb, service was impeccable and ambiance was lovely! I will absolutely be returning my next visit to the city. There were 5 of us in the party and everyone left beyond happy & satisfied! I have been to Italy and the food here was just as tasty, authentic and impressive as some of the finest restaurants in Florence, Tuscany and Venice! Pastas were homemade, salads were fresh & creative, our veal dishes were tender and juicy and the gelato was true ITALIAN!! Do yourself a favor and stop by for a fabulous dining experience! Chow :)Special Features:
- A beautiful summer evening !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything was great: The ambience,the service and the food. We never had such a good pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atomosphere/Mediocre foodvinoloveDined on 8/16/2014Great location at South Street Seaport! I love that neighborhood! The atmosphere and ambiance is cozy with exposed brick. The food was mediocre, I'm very critical of Italian food considering I am Italian. The pizza was very good!Special Features:
- Excellent foodmponwebDined on 8/2/2014If yuo want to have a taste of good Italian food, this is the place for you. (Don't miss parmigiana and affettati as appetizers)Special Features:
- HerbwymVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful food, interesting menu. Glad to see comeback from SandySpecial Features:
- ExcellentjefflissVIPDined on 7/21/2014Very authentic feeling Italian restaurant downtown near South Street Seaport. Wine selection is limited but it works. Menu has a great selection of appetizers, salads, pastas and entrees. The lightly fried calamari and shrimp appetizer was terrific!!! I chose the linguini with shellfish in a white wine sauce. The pasta was wonderfully fresh as was the bread on the table. The service was very attentive. I plan on making this a regular stop for me.Special Features:
- Il BriganteBruceVIPDined on 7/18/2014More like an Italian Italian restaurant than any American Italian restaurant I've been in, which is to say the food is excellent and the service is warm and friendly. They were closed for a long time after Hurricane Sandy, but we were very happy to find that they were just as good when they re-opened. We've been there many times, and will be back. (It's also right near the Seaport but not in the thick of tourists and noise).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Short Walk from the SeaporteproofreaderDined on 7/12/2014Just a short walk from the craziness and crowds at South Street Seaport, this little restaurant was a fun find, which we chose because of its high ratings on several sites and because we were able to make a reservation. We got there 1/2 hour early but they accommodated us. Food was excellent but service was lacking; despite being a very small restaurant, we felt we were forgotten a few times. Save room for dessert ... it was terrific, especially the Cassata and the Gelato. And cappuccino was what we would expect for a NY restaurant. Overall a nice experience for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotrichardDined on 7/11/2014I love Il Brigante for being a nice neighborhood spot for Italian food. It doesn't come off as a highly touristy place even though many tourists may wander in. Solid food, nice staff, and EXCELLENT prices for NYC. NOTE: no liquor / beer & wine only.Special Features:
- KingVIPDined on 7/11/2014this is my third time there,everything is good ,one thing i would say is the host can be better,for some reason this time is total different,not as friendly as like before I'm was thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canceled my Rez w/o telling metinafeyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Good thing i called to check my Rez. I really think this place has potential and maybe they're still trying to work out the kinks after re opening. The pizza was fine. How bad can you mess up pizza?
- July 4th by the Brooklyn BridgeNYDinerDined on 7/4/2014Mostly chose Il Brigante for its location close to the Brkln Bridge and the Macy's fireworks that night but was very pleased with the whole experience. Dinner with my wife and 2 daughters was a delicious find. The chicken and sausage dish was savory and the Italian red picked by our waiter was an excellent compliment. The canolli was terrific as was the decaf (sorry you espresso fans).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodgloriousfoodDined on 7/1/2014Il Brigante is an unexpected surprise. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We were sampling portions of each other's dishes and the dessert (rum cake) was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Il Brigante Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food - Long WaitsKappaxVIPDined on 5/19/2014Great Food BUT food took over 40 minutes to be served.Special Features:
- Delicious food in warm environmentvaldoDined on 5/16/2014Great authentic Italian food for reasonable price (from an Italian)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Comfortable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014The Shrimp appetizer, eggplant parmegan were very good. The steak was awesome.Special Features:
- Great little placeYorkshirePeteDined on 4/23/2014We needed a restaurant 'last minute' during a city break to NYC. We picked this place becuase of the good reviews and location - close to the amazing buildings in lower manhatten. It didn't let us down - great location, great good, great staff, busy but with quick service, and at good price. We would definately come back here on our next trip to NYC!!!! Thanks!Special Features:
- Delicioso!!!josedlunaVIPDined on 4/21/2014Great place to meet with friends and enjoy amazing dishes... they also have a great selection wines.Special Features:
- Great spot in South SeaportVickiDined on 4/3/2014Although not a large restaurant, Il Brigante was able to graciously accommodate our party of 10 who were in town to celebrate a family wedding. The service was outstanding, the food excellence, and our guests found it to be a very warm welcome to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayAnnetteDined on 3/31/2014Went there to celebrate my birthday with baby and 10 friends and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep this to yourselfTobuscusVIPDined on 3/22/2014I sort of wish I wasn't doing this review because now everyone is going to be there. It's a small restaurant and if you go after the usual dinner crowd, it can even be romantic. The food is fantastic and it's worth it to get a schedule of when they are doing lamb chops! Lastly, the staff there is fantastic and they are actually Italian!Special Features:
- Accoustics are difficultnynyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Tried to dine with friends but tables are quite close together, and acoustics are challenging, so a loud neighboring table can make it impossible to talk with your party, ruins the experience. Restaurant staff was impervious to the issue; after we spoke with them about a really loud adjoining table with a yelling mom and kids, asking them to intervene, they made a veiled attempt, problem was never solved. Be prepared to yell to be heard with your party, police loud guests yourself, or in the end choose another venue. Truly sad bcs we wanted to love this restaurant.
- When I dine at Il Brigante,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/17/2014When I dine at Il Brigante, i feel as if I'm dining at one of my favorite trattorias in Florence. all thanks to Alessandro from the cozy Florentine feeling. Grazie Mille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome back.BruceVIPDined on 3/14/2014They recently reopened after Hurricane Sandy had shut them down for months. It was as though they'd never closed: The food and service were great, just like before. It's adjacent to the Seaport, but away from the tacky tourist traps. Really good, authentic Italian cuisine, and a great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST GOsweetspDined on 3/8/2014Food was great, however very pricey. I love how they celebrated my birthday. I'm so glad that I found this restaurant. It is a most go too. The owners were very friendly. Despite the Price the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Spot in Wall StreetJasonKeatingVIPDined on 3/2/2014Definitely a recommended spot to eat at if you are in the Financial District. Had a very nice, quiet dinner on a Sunday night in February. I imagine this place is even more vibrant during the summer, so I am excited to go back when it gets warm out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service is good,tennisDined on 2/7/2014The food and service is good, great for us as we are local. Our biggest negative is that it is a very physically COLD restaurant due to there lack of a good door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian In SeaportAAMI71VIPDined on 1/15/2014Great food. Authentic. Wonderful waiter, spoke Italian.Special Features:
- Awesome Seaport Find!LgreenVIPDined on 1/11/2014Very cute little restaurant. Food was excellent! Love the brick on the wall. Makes it feel like a very homey comfortable dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice little neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/11/2014Very casual, but great service and good food. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirginiaVA186Dined on 12/29/2013Loved the restaurant rustic look, takes me back to Italy. The service was great. The host was very attentive and the food portion were very generous. I usually go out a lot to eat and I definitely can say that this will be one of the many places that I will revisite in the future.Special Features:
- Welcome back!!!FoodieVIPDined on 12/1/2013So glad to have our favourite little restaurant open again after it was damaged by Super Storm Sandy!!!! Supported your 'take-outs' when you were shut, but prefer being able to come and share the ambiance and the love in person. As always great food, great wine list and warm, welcoming atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Great to see it back after Sandy4MikeyTDined on 11/30/2013We were dining only a moth after the restaurant had reopened after Hurricane Sandy. The food was fabulous and great value and the service faultless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVE coming here. Alwaysluv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/14/2012We LOVE coming here. Always a great meal! Love the pastas and the pizzas!!!! They always make such a huge deal over birthdays - this time we were celebrating 2 - it was so much fun! Another great time was had by all!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, with fabulous247foodieVIPDined on 9/9/2012Excellent food, with fabulous service in a delightful NYC casual space. Consistently good!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012We loved the ambiance of this restaurant. We went when they were just opening at 12:30 for lunch. Our food was delicious. We will be back on our next trip to NYC. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service.ChappiemomDined on 8/20/2012Great food and excellent service. I was in town for work and dined alone on a Monday night. I was not rushed or ignored. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Great location in the financial district/ Southstreet Seaport area. I will definitely go back.Special Features: