93A Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbistro.net/
- Phone: 2066823049
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Every Day 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm Late Night Happy Hour: Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm until Midnight, Friday and Saturday 11:00 pm until 1:00 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Louma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Il Bistro offers a variety of custom menus tailored to your specific needs. Prior to your event our Chef can work with you to customize a menu to reflect your individual tastes. Menus are available at 4 different levels: 3 Course Menu - $39.00/Person 4 Course Menu - $48.00/Person 5 Course Menu - $56.00/Person 5 Course Premiere Menu - $64.00/Person For large groups the entire restaurant can be reserved for a pre-set minimum. A large selection of Platters and Tray Passed Appetizers are also available. To arrange your event please contact: Nick Wiltz - firstname.lastname@example.org - (206) 682-3049
- Private Party Facilities: IL Bistro hosts many private events and our dining space comfortably accommodates up to 60 people. People seem to really enjoy dining in the Pike Place Market in a romantic restaurant like ours. We can e-mail a Private Dining Packet to guests who are interested in events. Our packet provides pricing information and sample menus. This information is also on our website at www.ilbistro.net
- Private Party Contact: Nick Wiltz 2066823049
- Special Events: Come join us on Valentines Day! Chef Luoma will be preparing a wonderful four-course prix-fixe menu with many choices on each course. Enjoy the Mike Stafford Jazz trio Live!! $95 dollars per person.
- Cross Street: First Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking offered Thursday, Friday, and Saturday only. Located at Market entrance at First Avenue and Pike Street. Street parking is also available. In addition, there is a Public Garage one block East at 2nd Avenue Between Pike and Pine Street.
A word from Il Bistro
Picture a cozy restaurant nestled in a cavern in the rolling hills of Tuscany. Imagine the freshest local ingredients, authentically prepared, an extensive wine list featuring the best of Italy, the Northwest and California and a classy candlelit bar specializing in hand-made cocktails, single-malt scotches, ports and grappas. Sound like a special evening? Visit Il Bistro and Spend a Night in Italy. For over 30 years, Il Bistro, tucked away down a narrow cobblestone alley in the Pike Place Market, has offered Seattle romantic, fine dining, featuring regional Italian fare. Market fresh Meats, Seafood and Produce are always our priority. Please make a reservation to join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Il Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (60)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (25)late-night find (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Had a terrific meal (Linguine di Mare, with substitutions for the shellfish), with excellent Washington wine and Huckleberry Panna Cotta. The other pasta dishes eaten by our party were excellent as well. We started eating outside, but ultimately had to move indoors because of fruit flies that inhabited Pikes Place Market next door. Since it was closed, the flies found their way to our wine. However, with that problem solved, proceeded to a very pleasant experience. Well recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary at Il Bistro, they did a fantastic job at making it special. It was a very busy night, yet the wait staff helped one another and were attentive yet not hovering! The food was great as was the wine the waiter helped us to choose! It's one of the few restaurants in Seattle that still has linen table cloths and candles...very romantic and a nice memory!Special Features:
- hankbarbDined on 9/10/2014Loved the ambiance...white table linens are a special treat! Menu choices varied and interesting..particularly appreciated the fine selection of fresh seafood! This was our second dining experience at Il Bistro...plan to make it one of our favorite restaurants for future dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I wanted a nice night out for my girlfriend birthday. It was OK but my lasagna was cold in the center.Special Features:
- Long time friendchowhoundDined on 9/6/2014My wife an I have been having dinner at Il Bistro for 27 years. When we come to Seattle for a special occasion we love to dine there. I believe it is one of Seattle's best. Has never disappointed in 27 years. This last time they gave us the most requested seat in the house. Great food, outstanding service!Special Features:
- Warm environment, Delicious Food2EatandReviewDined on 9/5/2014The evening was a wonderful happy time for my family and I. Wonderful good food, and a intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPattyVWVIPDined on 9/4/2014I found out about this long-standing restaurant in "Our Quirky Guide to Seattle" and learned that it is a favorite with the locals, as well it should be. This establishment, located one level below the street level just at the entrance to the Pike's Street Market (near the pig) has it all - great food, a friendly and helpful staff that provides great service, a good selection of wine and spirits and nice ambiance. Will definitely return if I'm ever in Seattle again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staff and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My fiance and I dined at IlBistro to celebrate our recent engagement. Our server was engaging, entertaining and knew when to be attentive and when to allow us our privacy. The food was amazing and they have one of the largest wine selections i've seen in a while. Perfect location tucked away in Pike Place Market. A definite must go for a romantic evening or even a late night drink in a more secluded location away from some of Seattle's more eclectic night life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We had a great dinner at il Bistro, we get good wine and awesome food. Service was perfect. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangabeviDined on 8/23/2014Peter was our wait staff and he was impeccable. Best Ceasar Salad in town. Lasagna to live for and huckleberry panna cotta outrageous! We sat outside on one of only a few tables and sucked in the energy of Pike Place Market. It was my husbands birthday and the only thing that went minimally south is I wrote in my reservation in was my husbands birthday and asked if they might have a candle. Upon arrival the host at the desk made comment about a birthday but nothing was ever done. Not a big deal in relationship to everything else but would have been nice if they would have not said anything and he might have been surprised instead by a candle at dessert. Perhaps calling might have been better to assure this detail.Special Features:
- Il BistroGr8foodDined on 8/18/2014A nice find in the Seattle Pikes Place area. Fantastic fresh salmon and the swordfish special was outstanding. Exceptional tomato caprese salad. Definetely will come again on our next trip to SeattleSpecial Features:
- Romantic Night twas perfectMRmcLovinDined on 8/16/2014Going to dinner at Il Bistro was part of my date with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday and take her around Seattle, and Il Bistro helped make the night very memorable for her. While making my reservation online, they suggested the "Romance Package", which includes rose petals on the table, having a table in a more secluded area, and Sparkling cider or champagne (depending on your age and preference). With Il Bistro already being a candle lit dinner, it made it that more special to her and myself. The waiter knew the menu well, but, seemed like he was either a bit nervous or new to the job, and it showed a little bit. The food was absolutely amazing. We created our own 4 course meal, and the $50 per a person price tag was well worthitSpecial Features:
- Food was greatTomkDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, my wife had the gnocchi and i had the Rigatoni. It was very flavorable. My wife really enjoyed the gnocchi which was really well made, it was not gummy at all. If you love gnocchi this is the place to go. It was a nice neighborhood resturant next to Pikes.Special Features:
- OK, but not outstanding.Foodlover1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Musty smell, average Italian food. Waiter did an excellent job.
- Perfect eveningCurtDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed a perfect evening at Il Bistro. The food was fantastic, and we had a helpful and friendly waiter. Would be very difficult to improve on the experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got BetterBruceVIPDined on 8/8/2014Despite booking a tsble they did not have one for us when we arrived on time. After ten minutes we were offered a table outside. Big mistake. Slow to no table service and vagrants in vicinity of Pikes Market. We asked to be moved inside where everything improved. Despite this the food was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsxmscorpioDined on 8/6/2014Was a bit difficult to find as located somewhat below ground level. Greeted nicely but had to wait approx 10 minutes for our table although we did have a reservation. Music (blues/new orleans style) being played a bit loudly was distracting..this is after all touted as a romantic Italian restaurant. We were forgotten service wise in the beginning as our table was out of the main area but this was handled well by the owner and our waiter once it (we were discovered). Food was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and delischious!Carcar24Dined on 8/5/2014A friend recommended this eatery and we were not disappointed. Had a cozy half-circle booth tucked away in the back and had a romantic and fantastic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouskimgrn2006Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant is perfection. We loved the food and the service. I loved everything about it. I just wish the prices would have been a little lower but it was well worth the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Il Bistro was a great find! Our meal and wine was fantastic and the staff was super friendly. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- KarlaDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Il Bistro many times and have always been very happy with my experience. I have been there for both dinner and Happy Hour. I will be back for sure! And yes...I have recommended it to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Date SpotClarkeDined on 7/25/2014Took my girlfriend to this spot while she was in town visiting and we had a wonderful evening of food and wine. The staff was courteous and funny. Definitely a great place to go on a date!Special Features:
- Good atmosphere sad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I heard many good things about this place and was very excited to try it. When I went for my anniversary the appearance and menu held up to the reviews however my food did not. I ordered the lasagna that appeared good but it burnt to a crisp and inedible at the bottom so needles to say I was very disappointed especially when anniversary talk turned to lackluster food conversation.Special Features:
- Great Service - Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014If you weren't paying attention you may miss this hidden gem in Pikes Market. Our Valet recommended it at Hotel 1000 for a Romantic dinner. The food was great and service was as well. Definitely a great find.Special Features:
- IncredibleDineansWineDined on 7/11/2014Great place to go and be romantic. The owner serves excellent food. The servers are wonderful. It is quaint. You'll love it.Special Features:
- we had dinner in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We checked in early and were told we could wait in the bar. Nobody came and got us at the time of our reservation so we stayed in the bar but we had a great time. The service was outstanding, the food superb and price you could not beat. We were interested in small portions that were served in the bar and only available in the bar, so it worked out great. Highly recommend the bar food service and the waiters service in the bar. You have to try this place! Excellent food and generous portions for appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodWeedyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Located under Pike Market this longtime Italian is always excellent. Nice relaxed but elegant bistro-like atmosphere. Terrific service. And reliably good food. One of my Seattle 'don't miss' spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceCanadian63Dined on 6/28/2014We had dinner here in June for our anniversary and it was amazing. The food was better then we've had in Italy. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Although I've been walking past this restaurant for the last 20+ years, we finally went in for dinner on a recommendation from our daughter. It was wonderful! The service was outstanding and the food excellent. We were very pleased and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cleanDined on 6/21/2014Waiter failed to give price for specials and he had a poor knowledge of the specials. Service was good and the ambience was good. food was okay.
- Amazing Italian!gozags13Dined on 6/17/2014After studying abroad in Italy, I have to say Il Bistro was a nice find to remember some excellent food! Great service and atmosphere... I highly recommend it for any special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We had such a fantastic experience. Thanks so much to Tom for seating us at table 18 - our favorite. Outstanding service from Bryson. Food couldn't have been any better. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonJuanDined on 6/13/2014Reminds me a bit of the "Rick's" cafe from the movie "Casablanca" I like it. Food is good, no complaints. Service is good and friendly. And everyone seems to be having a good time. The Mai*tre d' , Tom, was Aces, friendly and helpful. All around, a happy, fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findJon53Dined on 5/30/2014Went here before a show at the Paramount. Very accommodating to our tight schedule. The food was very flavorful--happy to experience food that had proper seasoning for a change.Special Features:
- Loved our Evening!2CanadiansDined on 5/29/2014Such a romantic setting in a darkened candle lit atmosphere! it was my husbands birthday so requested a romantic table for 2 and they delivered. Our dinner was delicious, the wine was excellent and the service was great. Would have gone back again if we had had more time in Seattle.Special Features:
- Excellent Romantic eveningDine4DatesDined on 5/28/2014Originally had a reservation for 7:30 (a Wednesday night), pushed it back to 7:45 while stuck in traffic, finally arrived at 8, we were greeted with a smiling face and told not to worry about being late (granted the restaurant had ample empty tables but it was still nice). The food was delicious, neither I nor my girlfriend are major foodies but it was good by our tastes. The (complimentary) bread was nothing special. The restaurant itself has no real windows, but is dim (not dark) and quiet (background music) which made for a great atmosphere. The decor is old, but this only adds to the small restaurant atmosphere We did not get a chance to try the desserts or the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous pike place diningMerniejDined on 5/26/2014The food was delicious and location cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting placePearlJamFanDined on 5/16/2014Great place to eat. Very energetic with great service and good times. We even had the honor of eating next to the members of the famous band, Pearl Jam! What a treat!!Special Features:
- The following 870 reviews are from the Il Bistro reviews archive.
- Best duck risotto everRobertoDined on 5/13/2014Duck risotto: 10 stars. Lasagne was average. Maggianos has better lasagne. Rigatoni bolognese: 4 stars. A little skimpy on the sauce. The gorgonzola salad was amazing: 5 stars. Good drinks. Good prices. I will return. But if the lasagne has not shown improvement, my next visit will be my last one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysDiningoutDined on 5/8/2014Great food and great service. We always enjoy this restaurant.Special Features: