93A Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbistro.net/
- Phone: 2066823049
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Every Day 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm Late Night Happy Hour: Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm until Midnight, Friday and Saturday 11:00 pm until 1:00 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Louma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Il Bistro offers a variety of custom menus tailored to your specific needs. Prior to your event our Chef can work with you to customize a menu to reflect your individual tastes. Menus are available at 4 different levels: 3 Course Menu - $39.00/Person 4 Course Menu - $48.00/Person 5 Course Menu - $56.00/Person 5 Course Premiere Menu - $64.00/Person For large groups the entire restaurant can be reserved for a pre-set minimum. A large selection of Platters and Tray Passed Appetizers are also available. To arrange your event please contact: Nick Wiltz - email@example.com - (206) 682-3049
- Private Party Facilities: IL Bistro hosts many private events and our dining space comfortably accommodates up to 60 people. People seem to really enjoy dining in the Pike Place Market in a romantic restaurant like ours. We can e-mail a Private Dining Packet to guests who are interested in events. Our packet provides pricing information and sample menus. This information is also on our website at www.ilbistro.net
- Private Party Contact: Nick Wiltz 2066823049
- Special Events: Come join us on Valentines Day! Chef Luoma will be preparing a wonderful four-course prix-fixe menu with many choices on each course. Enjoy the Mike Stafford Jazz trio Live!! $95 dollars per person.
- Cross Street: First Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking offered Thursday, Friday, and Saturday only. Located at Market entrance at First Avenue and Pike Street. Street parking is also available. In addition, there is a Public Garage one block East at 2nd Avenue Between Pike and Pine Street.
A word from Il Bistro
Picture a cozy restaurant nestled in a cavern in the rolling hills of Tuscany. Imagine the freshest local ingredients, authentically prepared, an extensive wine list featuring the best of Italy, the Northwest and California and a classy candlelit bar specializing in hand-made cocktails, single-malt scotches, ports and grappas. Sound like a special evening? Visit Il Bistro and Spend a Night in Italy. For over 30 years, Il Bistro, tucked away down a narrow cobblestone alley in the Pike Place Market, has offered Seattle romantic, fine dining, featuring regional Italian fare. Market fresh Meats, Seafood and Produce are always our priority. Please make a reservation to join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (72)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (36)late-night find (16)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect night out!tattoomamaDined on 10/19/2014I love this place! The food is wonderful, service is over the top, and the setting makes it a perfect night! Get a sitter if you have kids, this place has way too much ambiance for anyone's night to be interrupted by children... this is coming from a mother of two.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Foodie96Dined on 10/18/2014I recently are here with two friends and we loved it! We were in a hurry and informed our waiter of when we had to leave and they were great about getting us all ready for us to leave. The food was amazing, definatly reccomend this for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old GlorydougDined on 10/15/2014This used to be one of our places to go when down at Pike Place Market. Believe they are trying to live off there old glory. We got seated right away. Server was prompt. Drink order. We asked what there specials might be for the evening. He never mentioned a soup, seemed to be trying to push certain item on the menu. While waiting for our first course we heard him doing same at each table. Finish course than waited about ten minutes for second. Finally arrived. Pretty much the same happened after we finished. We waited again. Never felt like service was a priority throughout meal unlike other better restaurants in the area. Maybe be next time better, but probably won't happen anytime soon. Food saved the day. Excellent.Special Features:
- Tucked away find!MaryPeteDined on 10/15/2014Dined at Il Bistro before a show at 5th Ave Theater. The Carpaccio was the best I've had in a long time! We enjoyed the Gorgonzola salad which actually wasn't overpowering with Gorg- I'm sure my dining partner appreciated that. We also had the Lamb chops-delish. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Wonderful Food and WineIsomerDined on 10/11/2014We entered this bustling bistro and waited in the bar for our table. It's crazy busy and the staff is working at lightening speed. We did have to wait for our drinks and our table but it was all worth the wait!! The server was friendly and knowledgeable and everything was incredibly delicious! I recommend the dungeoness crab tortellini!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BachelorettespacekaceDined on 10/11/2014We came to Il Bistro on 10/14 for a Bachelorette party. First, our host Peter did a wonderful job ensuring we had a secluded table for our party off to the side of the bar which worked out perfectly for our affair. The entire staff was extremely accommodating for our many needs. They allowed me as the organizer to arrive about 30 mins early to set up our table with flowers and gifts for the party and bride-to-be and take our third-party cake back to the kitchen for a surprise. The food was amazingly delicious--some of the best authentic Italian in town without being over-priced. Our server catered to our many asks while remaining polite, professional and extremely accommodating to our tight schedule to make a show across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great find!CharlestonFoodieDined on 10/10/2014We chose Il Bistro because it was a 1000 point restaurant and it definitely fulfilled our expectations! The food was delicious and the wine list was impressive, though a bit expensive and only a few wines by the glass. We were too full for dessert but the dessert menu looked as delicious as dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delightfulBIdinerDined on 10/6/2014I had the risotto del giorno. It was delicious. The wait staff was quiet, efficient, friendly and fast. On the way out the manager thanked my by name. That makes a difference.Special Features:
- Romantic and SweetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I made reservations for my husband's and my second wedding anniversary. I signed up for the "Romance Package," which included rose petals on the table with champagne, for $15. It was so sweet to be taken to our table and see it set up like that. It really helped set the tone of the occasion. The atmosphere was romantic and quiet and the service was polite, timely and accommodating. We really enjoyed the food, especially the Antipasto Misto as an appetizer. The roasted and marinated peppers were excellent, and they took my husband back to how his grandmother used to make them. The bill was very reasonable for the quantity and quality of food we received. Overall, a really memorable and beautiful experience for both of us.Special Features:
- favorite restaurant!DonnamarleneDined on 10/4/2014Our dining experience for our 20th anniversary couldn't have been more perfect... my husband loved his seafood pasta and I could eat the pear ravioli with brown butter sauce everyday! The atmosphere and service was fabulous!Special Features:
- DisappointedSeattleFoodieDined on 10/4/2014We used to be big fans of Il Bistro. We made a reservation for dinner to celebrate our anniversary last weekend. I requested the anniversary special with Open Table for the rose petals on the table. We arrived on time but our table wasn't ready for another half hour. No rose petals. Seating was inadequate. Booth seat was so low our chins practically touched the table.The wait time was awful. Original reservation was 7:15. Seated finally at 7:45. Dinner at 9pm. We weren't even hungry by this time. All in all, disappointing and won't recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Atmosphere dujourfoodismyfriendDined on 10/3/2014A wonderful date place and intimate get away from the norm. Been dining here for years and they have consistently maintained excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianBeaChicagoDined on 9/27/2014Had linguini w seafood and lasagna. They were good. Tiramisu was good as well. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fansmeredithsVIPDined on 9/27/2014While I read the OT reviews before selecting this place, I now realize why they offered 1,000 pts -> because they need to get people in there. We were seated promptly and the maitre'd was very friendly. I only wish he could have been our waiter. Unfortunately we were seated in Peter's section. He had zero personality and was certainly not concerned with giving great customer service or conveying his interest in our table. The food was ok, but we'll certainly not have this place on our list when we vacation in Seattle again. YMMV, but we were not impressed at all.
- like2dineVIPDined on 9/27/2014they were backed up a bit but they came and explained and constantly checked back to see if everything was OK and did we need anything . Wait was minor but the service wasn't . Good foodSpecial Features:
- Sweet Findvecchio49VIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent and the service superb. The prices are a little high but in line with other restaurants in Pikes Market. Would go back again.Special Features:
- My Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten in many of the best restaurants in the major US cities as well as many places in France, Italy, and Sidney Australia. Without a doubt in my mind, they are the very best.Special Features:
- Great food but......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service was great but were seated next to a obnoxious and loud woman and a very noisy large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodmilllgDined on 9/20/2014Best meal I have had in a long time. Decent heirloom caprese salad. Succulent gorgonzola steak with demi glace, and very good Dungeness crab tortellini with lemon butter. Will definitely return. Good date night place. Nice atmosphere, fairly intimate, nice bar. Pike Place Market location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodPhilDined on 9/15/2014Had a terrific meal (Linguine di Mare, with substitutions for the shellfish), with excellent Washington wine and Huckleberry Panna Cotta. The other pasta dishes eaten by our party were excellent as well. We started eating outside, but ultimately had to move indoors because of fruit flies that inhabited Pikes Place Market next door. Since it was closed, the flies found their way to our wine. However, with that problem solved, proceeded to a very pleasant experience. Well recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary at Il Bistro, they did a fantastic job at making it special. It was a very busy night, yet the wait staff helped one another and were attentive yet not hovering! The food was great as was the wine the waiter helped us to choose! It's one of the few restaurants in Seattle that still has linen table cloths and candles...very romantic and a nice memory!Special Features:
- hankbarbDined on 9/10/2014Loved the ambiance...white table linens are a special treat! Menu choices varied and interesting..particularly appreciated the fine selection of fresh seafood! This was our second dining experience at Il Bistro...plan to make it one of our favorite restaurants for future dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I wanted a nice night out for my girlfriend birthday. It was OK but my lasagna was cold in the center.Special Features:
- Long time friendchowhoundDined on 9/6/2014My wife an I have been having dinner at Il Bistro for 27 years. When we come to Seattle for a special occasion we love to dine there. I believe it is one of Seattle's best. Has never disappointed in 27 years. This last time they gave us the most requested seat in the house. Great food, outstanding service!Special Features:
- Warm environment, Delicious Food2EatandReviewDined on 9/5/2014The evening was a wonderful happy time for my family and I. Wonderful good food, and a intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPattyVWVIPDined on 9/4/2014I found out about this long-standing restaurant in "Our Quirky Guide to Seattle" and learned that it is a favorite with the locals, as well it should be. This establishment, located one level below the street level just at the entrance to the Pike's Street Market (near the pig) has it all - great food, a friendly and helpful staff that provides great service, a good selection of wine and spirits and nice ambiance. Will definitely return if I'm ever in Seattle again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staff and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014My fiance and I dined at IlBistro to celebrate our recent engagement. Our server was engaging, entertaining and knew when to be attentive and when to allow us our privacy. The food was amazing and they have one of the largest wine selections i've seen in a while. Perfect location tucked away in Pike Place Market. A definite must go for a romantic evening or even a late night drink in a more secluded location away from some of Seattle's more eclectic night life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We had a great dinner at il Bistro, we get good wine and awesome food. Service was perfect. Thank you very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MangabeviDined on 8/23/2014Peter was our wait staff and he was impeccable. Best Ceasar Salad in town. Lasagna to live for and huckleberry panna cotta outrageous! We sat outside on one of only a few tables and sucked in the energy of Pike Place Market. It was my husbands birthday and the only thing that went minimally south is I wrote in my reservation in was my husbands birthday and asked if they might have a candle. Upon arrival the host at the desk made comment about a birthday but nothing was ever done. Not a big deal in relationship to everything else but would have been nice if they would have not said anything and he might have been surprised instead by a candle at dessert. Perhaps calling might have been better to assure this detail.Special Features:
- Il BistroGr8foodDined on 8/18/2014A nice find in the Seattle Pikes Place area. Fantastic fresh salmon and the swordfish special was outstanding. Exceptional tomato caprese salad. Definetely will come again on our next trip to SeattleSpecial Features:
- Romantic Night twas perfectMRmcLovinDined on 8/16/2014Going to dinner at Il Bistro was part of my date with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday and take her around Seattle, and Il Bistro helped make the night very memorable for her. While making my reservation online, they suggested the "Romance Package", which includes rose petals on the table, having a table in a more secluded area, and Sparkling cider or champagne (depending on your age and preference). With Il Bistro already being a candle lit dinner, it made it that more special to her and myself. The waiter knew the menu well, but, seemed like he was either a bit nervous or new to the job, and it showed a little bit. The food was absolutely amazing. We created our own 4 course meal, and the $50 per a person price tag was well worthitSpecial Features:
- Food was greatTomkDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, my wife had the gnocchi and i had the Rigatoni. It was very flavorable. My wife really enjoyed the gnocchi which was really well made, it was not gummy at all. If you love gnocchi this is the place to go. It was a nice neighborhood resturant next to Pikes.Special Features:
- OK, but not outstanding.Foodlover1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Musty smell, average Italian food. Waiter did an excellent job.
- Perfect eveningCurtDined on 8/13/2014Enjoyed a perfect evening at Il Bistro. The food was fantastic, and we had a helpful and friendly waiter. Would be very difficult to improve on the experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got BetterBruceVIPDined on 8/8/2014Despite booking a tsble they did not have one for us when we arrived on time. After ten minutes we were offered a table outside. Big mistake. Slow to no table service and vagrants in vicinity of Pikes Market. We asked to be moved inside where everything improved. Despite this the food was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsxmscorpioDined on 8/6/2014Was a bit difficult to find as located somewhat below ground level. Greeted nicely but had to wait approx 10 minutes for our table although we did have a reservation. Music (blues/new orleans style) being played a bit loudly was distracting..this is after all touted as a romantic Italian restaurant. We were forgotten service wise in the beginning as our table was out of the main area but this was handled well by the owner and our waiter once it (we were discovered). Food was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and delischious!Carcar24Dined on 8/5/2014A friend recommended this eatery and we were not disappointed. Had a cozy half-circle booth tucked away in the back and had a romantic and fantastic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciouskimgrn2006Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant is perfection. We loved the food and the service. I loved everything about it. I just wish the prices would have been a little lower but it was well worth the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Il Bistro was a great find! Our meal and wine was fantastic and the staff was super friendly. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- KarlaDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Il Bistro many times and have always been very happy with my experience. I have been there for both dinner and Happy Hour. I will be back for sure! And yes...I have recommended it to others!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.