93A Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbistro.net/
- Phone: (206) 682-3049
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Every Day 5:00 pm until 6:30 pm Late Night Happy Hour: Sunday through Thursday 10:00 pm until Midnight, Friday and Saturday 11:00 pm until 1:00 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Nathan Louma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Il Bistro offers a variety of custom menus tailored to your specific needs. Prior to your event our Chef can work with you to customize a menu to reflect your individual tastes. Menus are available at 4 different levels: 3 Course Menu - $39.00/Person 4 Course Menu - $48.00/Person 5 Course Menu - $56.00/Person 5 Course Premiere Menu - $64.00/Person For large groups the entire restaurant can be reserved for a pre-set minimum. A large selection of Platters and Tray Passed Appetizers are also available. To arrange your event please contact: Nick Wiltz - firstname.lastname@example.org - (206) 682-3049
- Private Party Facilities: IL Bistro hosts many private events and our dining space comfortably accommodates up to 60 people. People seem to really enjoy dining in the Pike Place Market in a romantic restaurant like ours. We can e-mail a Private Dining Packet to guests who are interested in events. Our packet provides pricing information and sample menus. This information is also on our website at www.ilbistro.net
- Private Party Contact: Nick Wiltz 2066823049
- Special Events: Come join us on Valentines Day! Chef Luoma will be preparing a wonderful four-course prix-fixe menu with many choices on each course. Enjoy the Mike Stafford Jazz trio Live!! $95 dollars per person.
- Cross Street: First Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking offered Thursday, Friday, and Saturday only. Located at Market entrance at First Avenue and Pike Street. Street parking is also available. In addition, there is a Public Garage one block East at 2nd Avenue Between Pike and Pine Street.
A word from Il Bistro
Picture a cozy restaurant nestled in a cavern in the rolling hills of Tuscany. Imagine the freshest local ingredients, authentically prepared, an extensive wine list featuring the best of Italy, the Northwest and California and a classy candlelit bar specializing in hand-made cocktails, single-malt scotches, ports and grappas. Sound like a special evening? Visit Il Bistro and Spend a Night in Italy. For over 30 years, Il Bistro, tucked away down a narrow cobblestone alley in the Pike Place Market, has offered Seattle romantic, fine dining, featuring regional Italian fare. Market fresh Meats, Seafood and Produce are always our priority. Please make a reservation to join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Il Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (95)fit for foodies (63)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (55)notable wine list (49)late-night find (24)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- sicilianfoodieDined on 11/21/2014Il bistro is so warm a and inviting, one of my favs for ambience, but it is a bit loud. It took a while for our waiter to appear and take our drink order and after getting our drinks and ordering we waited a ridiculously long time for our food and the whole time never got an apology or offer of bread or anything. the food however was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightIngrid1Dined on 11/21/2014We had such a great time here and everyone here was so kind in making our occasion special , they also held our table for 45 minutes after the reservation started , I couldn't believe it and was so appreciative .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience5u5ieQDined on 11/18/2014We went to Il Bistro to celebrate several birthdays. It was a pleasant experience. Two of us had ciopino and thought it excellent, except for the missing halibut. Salads were good. My husband thought his pasta dish way too salty. My pork chop was good. The accompanying apple hash was very minimal. Very dwarfed by the pork chop. My companions loved their cheesecake. My chocolate dessert was good but I have had much better. Service was not outstanding. The noise level rose above pleasant as the restaurant filled up. It was a Tuesday night. I am quite sure I will not return but my friends might. I was overall disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great Italian food and staff. Well cared for. Prices are reasonable. A quality dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, but for bar noisePNW17Dined on 11/14/2014A wonderful experience overall, with great food (fantastic risotto), friendly and attentive service, but the bar noise was a bit overwhelming. Granted, we were seated adjacent to the bar because the restaurant was full, but it made conversation challenging. Still, we will be back - - - if only for the risotto!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Evening OutHappyDinerDined on 11/14/2014This is the second time we have been here and both times were lovely. Our waiter was pleasant helpful and timely. The food was very good. My husband had the Cannelloni stuffed with Pork and Smoked Mozzarella, which was truly delicious. I had the Tortellini with Butternut Squash which was also very nice. We each enjoyed the Torta Gianduia and a cup of espresso to finish a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint little bistroRlf382Dined on 11/14/2014I have been here a couple different times and have been impressed each time. Il Bistro is a perfect date night spot with wonderful wine and food. I love its slightly hidden location right in Pikes Place and the atmosphere. It is dimly lit with candles and low lighting. The waiters are very attentive, keeping almost an eagle-eye like watch so that you are not left waiting for anything. The food was beautifully presented and melted in your mouth. The Steak and Salmon are absolutely delightful. I cannot wait for our next trip to Seattle to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...not greatSeanVIPDined on 11/7/2014I had heard very good things about Il Bistro. The atmosphere was "ok". Felt like we were sitting in a hallway...and not a room. The food was superb..prawn appetizer, caesar, salmon and lasagna were all very good. Service was pretty good. There is a lot of 'sound' in the restaurant but not off-putting...but I would not recommend for a cozy/romantic conversational dinner.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014First time going to this restaurant - absolutely loved it. The food was amazing, and the ambiance was perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful findSabrinabcatDined on 10/31/2014Open late. Great food,ambiance, and service. Will go to again.Special Features:
- Good food1RomanticBDDinnerDined on 10/31/2014Food was good. We hit kind of a party atmosphere that night (Halloween), so it was pretty loud in there. Like all the restaurants in and around Pike Place Market it is small and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little PlaceChristinaDined on 10/30/2014I was finally able to try Il Bistro during Seattle Restaurant Week, and it was wonderful! The mushroom soup was simply to die for, and even though I thought I didn't like gnocchi, Il Bistro made me a convert. I just checked out their late night happy hour menu, and I can't wait to go back. The restaurant itself is absolutely darling, cozy and warm, and it feels exactly like some of the old restaurants I've been in Italy. Lovely place for a date!Special Features:
- S517Dined on 10/30/2014Our food was excellent! Our waiter was not that friendly or attentive but he did give good recommendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service okayGroupNightDined on 10/25/2014The food was great. Traditional Italian style with a bit of Pacific NW flair. The place itself was very nice. We had a large party (8 people). The server did not take our drinks or even acknowledged us until we've already sat for a good 20 minutes. No, we were not on our phones or too engaged to notice the server...we were looking for him. Since we were catching a show and knew the service was slow, we asked if we could order our drinks and food at the same time--he would not let us. The drinks took FOREVER to come out, so long that I didn't order a 2nd drink because dinner was over by the time most of my friends got their 2nd drink! Luckily the food came out very quickly and it was amazing. Go there for the food/location, not the service.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Noisy and dark.lobodinerDined on 10/25/2014We arrived just before 6pm on a Saturday evening in October. The table was in the back of the restaurant. Very cozy -- but between the sound system and the patrons, it was very, very noisy. Also, we had to use our cell phone flashlights to read the menus. I ordered a seafood dish. They finally brought extra candles so that I could see the entree well enough to remove the clams and muscles from their shells. The food was delicious and the service very good.Special Features:
- Great food and great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I love this restaurant. The food is great, and it is quite romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably Noisy2noisyDined on 10/24/2014The food was good but the noise level was that of a loud football game. We had to shout to be heard. The acoustics are terrible, and for this reason, we won't be back.
- Great little spot with characterCDub1695Dined on 10/23/2014Love il bistro! Food is great, atmosphere quaint, service attentive! I have been several times - only observation is maitre'd is always grumpy and not very customer centric. Questions or requests seem to be difficult for him - doesn't appear flexible. He taints the entrance and exit of the experience.Special Features:
- Perfect night out!tattoomamaDined on 10/19/2014I love this place! The food is wonderful, service is over the top, and the setting makes it a perfect night! Get a sitter if you have kids, this place has way too much ambiance for anyone's night to be interrupted by children... this is coming from a mother of two.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Foodie96Dined on 10/18/2014I recently are here with two friends and we loved it! We were in a hurry and informed our waiter of when we had to leave and they were great about getting us all ready for us to leave. The food was amazing, definatly reccomend this for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old GlorydougDined on 10/15/2014This used to be one of our places to go when down at Pike Place Market. Believe they are trying to live off there old glory. We got seated right away. Server was prompt. Drink order. We asked what there specials might be for the evening. He never mentioned a soup, seemed to be trying to push certain item on the menu. While waiting for our first course we heard him doing same at each table. Finish course than waited about ten minutes for second. Finally arrived. Pretty much the same happened after we finished. We waited again. Never felt like service was a priority throughout meal unlike other better restaurants in the area. Maybe be next time better, but probably won't happen anytime soon. Food saved the day. Excellent.Special Features:
- Tucked away find!MaryPeteDined on 10/15/2014Dined at Il Bistro before a show at 5th Ave Theater. The Carpaccio was the best I've had in a long time! We enjoyed the Gorgonzola salad which actually wasn't overpowering with Gorg- I'm sure my dining partner appreciated that. We also had the Lamb chops-delish. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Wonderful Food and WineIsomerDined on 10/11/2014We entered this bustling bistro and waited in the bar for our table. It's crazy busy and the staff is working at lightening speed. We did have to wait for our drinks and our table but it was all worth the wait!! The server was friendly and knowledgeable and everything was incredibly delicious! I recommend the dungeoness crab tortellini!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BachelorettespacekaceDined on 10/11/2014We came to Il Bistro on 10/14 for a Bachelorette party. First, our host Peter did a wonderful job ensuring we had a secluded table for our party off to the side of the bar which worked out perfectly for our affair. The entire staff was extremely accommodating for our many needs. They allowed me as the organizer to arrive about 30 mins early to set up our table with flowers and gifts for the party and bride-to-be and take our third-party cake back to the kitchen for a surprise. The food was amazingly delicious--some of the best authentic Italian in town without being over-priced. Our server catered to our many asks while remaining polite, professional and extremely accommodating to our tight schedule to make a show across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great find!CharlestonFoodieDined on 10/10/2014We chose Il Bistro because it was a 1000 point restaurant and it definitely fulfilled our expectations! The food was delicious and the wine list was impressive, though a bit expensive and only a few wines by the glass. We were too full for dessert but the dessert menu looked as delicious as dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delightfulBIdinerDined on 10/6/2014I had the risotto del giorno. It was delicious. The wait staff was quiet, efficient, friendly and fast. On the way out the manager thanked my by name. That makes a difference.Special Features:
- Romantic and SweetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014I made reservations for my husband's and my second wedding anniversary. I signed up for the "Romance Package," which included rose petals on the table with champagne, for $15. It was so sweet to be taken to our table and see it set up like that. It really helped set the tone of the occasion. The atmosphere was romantic and quiet and the service was polite, timely and accommodating. We really enjoyed the food, especially the Antipasto Misto as an appetizer. The roasted and marinated peppers were excellent, and they took my husband back to how his grandmother used to make them. The bill was very reasonable for the quantity and quality of food we received. Overall, a really memorable and beautiful experience for both of us.Special Features:
- favorite restaurant!DonnamarleneDined on 10/4/2014Our dining experience for our 20th anniversary couldn't have been more perfect... my husband loved his seafood pasta and I could eat the pear ravioli with brown butter sauce everyday! The atmosphere and service was fabulous!Special Features:
- DisappointedSeattleFoodieDined on 10/4/2014We used to be big fans of Il Bistro. We made a reservation for dinner to celebrate our anniversary last weekend. I requested the anniversary special with Open Table for the rose petals on the table. We arrived on time but our table wasn't ready for another half hour. No rose petals. Seating was inadequate. Booth seat was so low our chins practically touched the table.The wait time was awful. Original reservation was 7:15. Seated finally at 7:45. Dinner at 9pm. We weren't even hungry by this time. All in all, disappointing and won't recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Atmosphere dujourfoodismyfriendDined on 10/3/2014A wonderful date place and intimate get away from the norm. Been dining here for years and they have consistently maintained excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianBeaChicagoDined on 9/27/2014Had linguini w seafood and lasagna. They were good. Tiramisu was good as well. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fansmeredithsVIPDined on 9/27/2014While I read the OT reviews before selecting this place, I now realize why they offered 1,000 pts -> because they need to get people in there. We were seated promptly and the maitre'd was very friendly. I only wish he could have been our waiter. Unfortunately we were seated in Peter's section. He had zero personality and was certainly not concerned with giving great customer service or conveying his interest in our table. The food was ok, but we'll certainly not have this place on our list when we vacation in Seattle again. YMMV, but we were not impressed at all.
- like2dineVIPDined on 9/27/2014they were backed up a bit but they came and explained and constantly checked back to see if everything was OK and did we need anything . Wait was minor but the service wasn't . Good foodSpecial Features:
- Sweet Findvecchio49VIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent and the service superb. The prices are a little high but in line with other restaurants in Pikes Market. Would go back again.Special Features:
- My Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I have eaten in many of the best restaurants in the major US cities as well as many places in France, Italy, and Sidney Australia. Without a doubt in my mind, they are the very best.Special Features:
- Great food but......OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food and service was great but were seated next to a obnoxious and loud woman and a very noisy large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodmilllgDined on 9/20/2014Best meal I have had in a long time. Decent heirloom caprese salad. Succulent gorgonzola steak with demi glace, and very good Dungeness crab tortellini with lemon butter. Will definitely return. Good date night place. Nice atmosphere, fairly intimate, nice bar. Pike Place Market location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodPhilDined on 9/15/2014Had a terrific meal (Linguine di Mare, with substitutions for the shellfish), with excellent Washington wine and Huckleberry Panna Cotta. The other pasta dishes eaten by our party were excellent as well. We started eating outside, but ultimately had to move indoors because of fruit flies that inhabited Pikes Place Market next door. Since it was closed, the flies found their way to our wine. However, with that problem solved, proceeded to a very pleasant experience. Well recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary at Il Bistro, they did a fantastic job at making it special. It was a very busy night, yet the wait staff helped one another and were attentive yet not hovering! The food was great as was the wine the waiter helped us to choose! It's one of the few restaurants in Seattle that still has linen table cloths and candles...very romantic and a nice memory!Special Features:
- hankbarbDined on 9/10/2014Loved the ambiance...white table linens are a special treat! Menu choices varied and interesting..particularly appreciated the fine selection of fresh seafood! This was our second dining experience at Il Bistro...plan to make it one of our favorite restaurants for future dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.