il Bistro Italiano
400 Main Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
il Bistro Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilbistroitaliano.com/
- Phone: 9702438622
- Hours of Operation:
- Dinner - Monday through Saturday, 4:30pm to 9:00pm Sunday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm - Lunch - Monday through Friday, 11:00 am to 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brunella Gualerzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon advance notice, please call and talk to Lori for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: The East Room seats up to 30 people for private dining events. For business presentations that require a screen, the maximum seating capacity is 18. The screen is available for a $25 rental fee, and an LCD projector for a $125 rental fee. The East Room also now has the capability for Teleconferencing and Webcast/Web Conferencing. Menus for private parties are customized and designed to fit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Brunella Gualerzi or Lori Smith 9702438662
- Special Events: We have many special events coming up soon, please refer to our Calendar of Events on our website for more specific information. http://www.ilbistroitaliano.com (http://www.ilbistroitaliano.com)
- Cross Street: 4th Street
- Public Transit: Grand Valley Transit has a bus stop a few yards from the entrance of the restaurant on Main Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is parking along the West side of the restaurant on 4th Street and in the parking garage behind us, accessable from Rood Avenue.
A word from il Bistro Italiano
My husband Ron and I opened il Bistro Italiano in 1998 with the idea of bringing traditional food from my area of Italy to Grand Junction. I come from a small village in Northern Italy and what we serve at the Bistro reflects my heritage, but it is also the results of years of experimentations in using local ingredients in an "Italian" way. Part of our menu is deeply traditional and part is more "innovative Italian cuisine". This philosophy in food is also reflected in our focused wine list which features an extensive selection of Italian and Colorado wines only. Our full service bar also presents several Italian liquors including a variety of grappas. We offer different seating options: a main dining room which seats about 50 people, a smaller dining room that seats about 25 and that is available for private functions, a few tables in the front of the restaurant with a good view of our open kitchen, and a covered and heated patio available from March through November.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
il Bistro Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
- A great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012Awesome- as usual!!! Thanks for being open on Sundays :)) We like having something other than chain food available.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012One of our favorite restaurants. I have a gluten intolerance and it is nice to have so many options on their menu, but it was a bit of an off night for service. My husband's order came out wrong so we had to what for his entree. Our waitress apologized for the error but made another mistake when he ordered a second cocktail and instead of his drink coming to the table they brought out a second glass of wine for me, which I never ordered. Other than those couple of incidents, I enjoyed the dinner. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- Limited menu. Not enoughLoReeDined on 10/20/2012Limited menu. Not enough pasta dishs. Kitchen did not follow server's direction as to my requests, but I did not send the entree back.Special Features:
- I took my uncle and aunt toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012I took my uncle and aunt to this restaurant. My uncle is hard of hearing and coincidenentally, we were seated in a corner table. We all loved our choices, our wine, the server, and the quiet to have great conversation. Definitely will take my mom when she visits in December (I am new to the area and will be having lots of company!)Special Features:
- The did not have our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2012The did not have our reservation that we made onlineSpecial Features:
- A quiet atmosphere for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012A quiet atmosphere for lunch with a friend. We didn't have to shout to be heard.Special Features:
- It was our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2012It was our wedding anniversary and we always enjoy this restaurant. The owner is almost always there and makes a point of thanking customers for dining. Having been in our own restaurant business for 21 years and managing restaurants for 6 years prior to that we are well aware of what it takes to succeed. They do a great job. On this particular visit we did not like the table we were given and our other "choice" was next to the kitchen entrance where we moved but we were not going to let that spoil it. We are vegetarians and there are plenty of really good meat-free dishes. The food is well prepared, very tasty, and consistent.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic...allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The food was fantastic...all six of us loved our entree. Jacob was our server...great job Enjoyed our dinning experience at Il Bistro...thanks...pabSpecial Features:
- We always have great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We always have great food when we come to Il Bistro. The food is excellent. Desserts are always very tasty.Special Features:
- We went to Il Bistro ItalianoKRCinCODined on 10/5/2012We went to Il Bistro Italiano on a very busy night - the evening before the Tour of the Moon bike ride. It was packed but our server was very calm and did a great job. The food was delicious - the chicken fusili was particularly good.
- A great find in a surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012A great find in a surprisingly vibrant smaller city. Enjoyed some unique dishes and a fine wine list.
- We are always warmly welcomedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012We are always warmly welcomed at Il Bistro. The food is delicious, the staff is well trained and very helpful if you need guidance in what to choose, and the dining experience is wonderful for every season.Special Features:
- il Bistro was a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2012We are not from Grand Junction. A local recommended il Bistro and it was a delight. The spare, but elegant decor was perfect for a relatively small space. Our server was very attentive. The food was very well received, although we didn't all agree on liking the bread tray. The menu was interesting without being overwhelming and the option for a small plate was much appreciated. An excellent Nebbiolo for under $50 rounded out a truly great evening.Special Features:
- Il Bistro great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Il Bistro is great for service friendliness and outstanding northern Italian food.Special Features:
- Not your standard italianJaneDined on 10/5/2012Not your standard italian food but quite unique and tasty. Loved the pan cooked gnocchi.Special Features:
- Great place for a pre-rideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2012Great place for a pre-ride carbo loading dinner. The special gnocchi was excellent.Special Features:
- Server Andy was fantastic.MoboVIPDined on 10/3/2012Server Andy was fantastic. I sat down and told him to just bring me food, don't tell me what you're going to bring. He choreographed a perfect meal.Special Features:
- A great place that we canOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012A great place that we can always rely on to have tasty food!Special Features:
- Il Bistro has always beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Il Bistro has always been a favorite restaurant of ours, highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Get the CallapreseFoodieDined on 9/29/2012We sat right by the kitchen door, which was quite busy, so we didn't like the ambiance. The Calleprese was fantastic!!!! We would return just for that. Our other dish, the chicken bolognese, was dried out, tough, and bland. Fortunately, the delicious spicy sauce from the first dish gave it enough flair to be edible. You may ask why we didn't send it back...because he gets too embarrassed to tell a waiter anything in fear it will make them feel bad...silly, I know.Special Features:
- No surprises; always amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Take you time and enjoy; we like to do a nice 2+ hours here. We usually start with a drink and appetizer, then order a bottle of wine and a salad, and then order entres. Finish the evening off with some coffee and one of their fabulous desserts. Try the semifreddo desert. It is unbelievable. If they have strawberry cake, you won't want to miss it; dense polenta cake with strawberry butter-cream frosting.Special Features:
- Perfect romantic night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2012il bistro was the perfect place to celebrate our 8 year wedding anniversary. The food was exceptional, and their wine list was extensive, featuring everything from affordable local wines to the best you can get. Dessert was amazing. I highly recommend trying their red wine/chocolate blend on the dessert menu. We plan to dine here on a regular basis as their selections are so affordable.Special Features:
- Food offerings all had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012Food offerings all had a nice twist from the norm. The roasted eggplant past was excellent. Calamari had a unique delicate flavorful coating that was memorable. The steak salad had nice tender perfectly done steak along with good greens and great dressing. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and visit to this restaurant. We were traveling thur town and really enjoyed our meal here.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service but Sit HereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/24/2012The food and wait staff were both very good. The waiters worked as a team which made the dinning experience that much better. Out table shared three meals and all were fantastic. The portion sizes were spot on and the flavors full. We did ask to be moved to a different table as ours was right next to the swing door going into kitchen. We were politely told no while we looked at a perfect table next to the window that stayed empty for 40 minutes.Special Features:
- Waiter was overwhelmed didtonyDined on 9/22/2012Waiter was overwhelmed did not have know items that where out not a very good eveing
- Truly Remarkable Italian RestaurantTumbleweedDined on 9/21/2012Who would have thought - one of best Italian dinners we've ever enjoyed, right in downtown Grand Junction! il Bistro Italiano is a very special place. Diverse and innovative menu with portion size options, great service, reasonable prices. We chose the Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad, with main courses of Lasagna and the Rosetta, capped off with a Tiramisu. Highly recommend. It's like your Italian grandmother is in the kitchen. You feel like you're at home.Special Features:
- We've been going to Il BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012We've been going to Il Bistro for a long time. This particular visit wasn't as good as usual. The Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad with Goat cheese was less impressive than memory serves, and the goat cheese looked like a ricotta with a couple of nuts chopped in. The Tagliata was fine, but the Rosetta, which we get all the time, was tired, chewy, and dry, including the sauce. The server was pleasant but distracted by the workload. The 2008 Monte Antico is not as smooth as the 2007. It was a busy night, so I can see that some things might not go as smoothly, but this particular evening was a disappointment.
- Best I've found in Grand Junction.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2012About the best place I've found in Grand Junction -- The art work in the downtown invites a walk around before or after the meal. The quail on Mushrooms and Butternut squash highly recommend if it's available. There are some good local wines on the list. Visit there ever couple of years around the wine festival.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2012I was very disappointed. The waitress was not very helpful. All entrees came with garlic mashed potatoes - strange for an Italian restaurant - and when asked about a pasta side she responded very abruptly "The owner insists on no substitutions." All she ould offer was a child's portion for $7.99. Another order of spaghetti with pomodoro sauce was bland.
- Overall a fabulous hole onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Overall a fabulous hole on the wall. Great food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, complimenteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The food was excellent, complimented nicely by the selection of local wines. The service was the best part: the special was fully explained (and convincingly so!) and foods/wines were carefully selected for suggestion, the power of which was never undercut by overselling - which sometimes happens at restaurants of this caliber. Our needs were constantly attended to by the bus and waitstaff, who were personable and professional; our bread was stocked, our waters filled, and our special requests fulfilled immediately. Our server was very well informed about the menu and answered all of our questions promptly. We had a very personal, delicious experience! Our server: Nicholas Moore, our busser: Matt Quigley - they were excellent!Special Features:
- We went to Tapas Night andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012We went to Tapas Night and loved it - a great way to relax and enjoy a variety of food.
- Best place in town. Love goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Best place in town. Love going here for a long slow dinner to enjoy quality time with my partner after we've both had a long hectic weekSpecial Features:
- A "must-go" when in Grand JunctionReedelVIPDined on 8/19/2012This restaurant - on historic downtown Main Street - serves well prepared entrees from a diverse and creative menu at a reasonable price with excellent service. What more can you ask for? The pork special with spicy peach chutney and couscous was perfectly prepared and the Rosetta rolled pasta with ham was a delicious and unique twist on traditional pasta. The artichoke parmesan soup was flavorful yet light and the prosciutto and melon was the best we've had. The chocolate cherry almond tart was among the best desserts we've tasted. This place is a must if you are in Grand Junction!Special Features:
- Outstanding; one of the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2012Outstanding; one of the most overall enjoyable dinners at Il Bistro in a very long time. The cannelloni verde was superb! And Bryan's service was much above average, e.g. very attentive, response, courteous, etc.Special Features:
- This is a gem in the heartOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This is a gem in the heart of downtown Grand Junction - especially for those with a gluten intolerance. Great corn pasta!Special Features:
- The food is consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2012The food is consistently delicious (as long as you like garlic!), they feature local wines and our waiter was pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- Food was great as was localbgust615Dined on 8/16/2012Food was great as was local Colorado wine. A lovely neighborhood restaurantSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012The food was excellent, and the prices and portions were reasonable. The service was actually over-attentive, at times interrupting our conversation, but the server was quite knowledgeable and friendly. When I made the reservation I mentioned it was for my birthday celebration, but I was not offered the usual free dessert the restaurant gives on birthdays. I wouldn't have even known about it except the host mentioned it as I was walking out the door; then they provided it, but after I had already paid for a dessert to take home. Overall, though, a fine experience, with just a couple of small tweaks needed to make it exceptional.Special Features:
- Place is nicely located inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Place is nicely located in downtown grand junction. Appetizers were excellent, main entres were a bit too salty.