IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
11631 Olive Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63141Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ilbellago.com/
- Phone: 3149941080
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Gabriele
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can host your personal dinners, and we have private dining rooms to host any event. Let us take care of your next dining experience…we guarantee you will become a fan!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8779120526
- Entertainment: Weekends Only live entertainment.
A word from IL Bel Lago - From the Hill
Il Bel Lago From The Hill. A fixture in St. Louis for 10 years now! Food is what makes an authentic restaurant great, and with its 40 years of excellence from their Hill location Il Bel Lago has all the ingredients for greatness. There's a Water Fall wall. How about a wall that's floor to ceiling wine racks. Il Bel Lago is one of the most attractive restaurants in St Louis. The Food here is as stunning as the decor.The Italian Cuisine is equal to the very best anywhere in St.Louis. Il Bel Lago's menu rates among the top Italian restaurants in St.Louis. In terms of service? No One does it better! Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill - Best Restaurants in Creve Coeur ›
IL Bel Lago - From the Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingDanielDined on 9/18/2014My Open Table reservation had not been looked at before arrival. I had asked for outdoor seating. No outside table had been prepared. Salad featuring stacked eggplant, mozzerela and tomato is usually wonderful. Tomatoes were so disappointing in ripeness this time that the dish was not enjoyable. On a positive note the server was attentive and food was served quickly.
- ChiefmcdDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner was very good, atmosphere is lovely, waiter a bit too chatty but did provide good service. We will return and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- surprisedbobsDined on 8/30/2014strip mall restaurant sorta made me nervous but damn the place is stunningly beautiful and the food, wine list, and service are spot on! Damn that was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic St Louis style ItalianTrishWS13VIPDined on 8/27/2014Moved away from StL 15 yrs ago. IBL is everything I remember about the fine-dining experience on the Hill: stylish, formal, traditional, & satisfying. IBL translated well to the burbs & convenient for my Dad's birthday. Unfortunately, his was the one dish that was not as carefully prepared as the others. His Frutti di Mare was heavy on mussels & light on shrimp & other promised ingredients. The Tortellini di Vitello was excellent; rich, flavorful, & ample; definitely the best dish on our table. The red sauce on the Pacherri con Guanciale tasted like freshly, crushed tomatoes with just the right balance of sweetness & herbs. Fell lucky, StL, while IBL may not be authentic Italian in all ways, it is authentically StL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Choice for a Night OutwinedineDined on 8/23/2014The food was terrific, the service is always good and the wine list is very solid. While we were there for a romantic dinner, there were other tables with children and families - but the relative quite of the restaurant and good spacing between tables meant that we were not impacted by other guests. The specials were terrific - particularly the stuffed pork-chop. Always makes me wish we had returned to dine there sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I would not recommend this restruant to anyone. I had a reservation at 7:30 didn't even get seated until 8 because the owner was to busy seating his friends who walked in after me. After sitting there for another 15 mintues a server came up to us to finally sit us. I normally would not write a review but this was the rudest place I have ever been. Not only did I wait 30 mintues for my reservation but I also waited 45 mintues for my food when all I ordered was a pizza. The wait staff is extremely rude to the bus boys and it is extremely uncomfortable to hear the way they speak to them. My boyfriend and I look young but are in our late twenties i guess we were not worth anyone time there.
- Just okJustokDined on 8/22/2014Not very impressed with the food. It was just ok. My rissoutte was too peppery. The drinks (martinis) were very good though.Special Features:
- The bestLifterVIPDined on 8/2/2014Bel Lago is the best restaurant in St. Louis, well worth it for the price. Top quality food and outstanding service. If you like Italian food, you won't be disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch meetingCraigVIPDined on 7/31/2014I had a business lunch last Thursday and held it at Il Bel Lago in Creve Coeur. They offered me one of two alcove rooms when I explained I wanted a quiet table. The staff is attentive without being too present. We had a good discussion and a very good lunch. This restaurant has a great atmosphere and an experienced staff.Special Features:
- trynewrestaurantstrynewrestaurantsDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated a birthday dinner. Everything was exceptional. Our guests were very pleased. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...LifterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Took my mother-in-law for her birthday and she loved it. Specials were outstanding. We've been here probably a couple dozen tomes and always have a good experience at Bel Lago, from the quality of the food to service. It makes no difference who your waiter is either, we've had several and service is always first rate. Plus, they've (staff) been here a long time, no turnover, obviously a good sign. Definitely recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOutstandingVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have been here before. They are always very good, but tonight the Owner recognized it was our anniversary. Made us a special dessert and congratulated us. It was so special because they were soo busy and we could tell he went out of his way to get the staff to recognize our anniversary they even sang for us. He even shared with us the fun his family is having planning their parents 50 the wedding anniversary. Thank you for making our evening soo special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to RevisitLyeNessDined on 6/25/2014Great for corporate dinners. Reasonably priced and yummy food. May go back for a date night.Special Features:
- Superior Food and ServiceFrenchbunny62Dined on 6/21/2014We have gone to this restaurant often when we wanted a great Italian dinner. Food and service have always been superb, even for an anniversary lunch of 60 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was unattentive and made the evening un-enjoyable.Special Features:
- Must goLifterVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is quite possibly the best restaurant in St. Louis, easily our favorite. Service is outstanding, we'd request a particular waiter, except we have had several and they are all excellent. My wife loves the atmosphere and decor, live music in the front bar. I really cannot recommend anything in particular, as everything we have had has been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heavy pastafoodieDined on 5/29/2014waiter was excellent, food not that great, in the past, food has been very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but noisyLucyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Rehearsal dinner the night we were there, so it was extremly busy. The food and service were both very good, despite the crowd. We would return.Special Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the IL Bel Lago - From the Hill reviews archive.
- Terrific eveningSteakloversVIPDined on 5/19/2014We've dined here a dozen or so times and the experience had been consistently good. Tonight was even better- from the dedicated room for our party of 5, to the terrific food from both the menu, specials and what we requested which was not on the menu (they do that nicely), to the great service from our waiter Steve- it all made for an enjoyable evening in entertaining family from out of town. Well done!Special Features:
- Dinner 5/12/14JR747VIPDined on 5/12/2014Overall quite good. The entree specials for that evening (four total) all sounded excellent and creative. We ordered two, the stuffed Swordfish and raviloli with crab. Both were unique, creative and excellent. Overll service was good although one of us ordered a glass of wine that never appeared and we ultimately cancelled it. The interior water wall was just such a unique and appealing feature that we will return just to dine with that backdrop.Special Features:
- Food is consistently goodPjf405VIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was off on this visit but food is consistently good and the ambiance is nice as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table DinerfoodienicoleVIPDined on 5/10/2014The Lamb Chops were fabulous as was the service by Tom. Everyone at the table enjoyed their food. Would not have changed a thing!Special Features:
- proper white tablecloth restaurantjhenchDined on 5/9/2014this nearby restaurant is always a special occasion affair as it is not bargain priced. as usual, it was beautiful, quiet and classy. waiter was a bit abrupt, but the fine food went down easy and i cannot wait for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Inviting ItalianTable42Dined on 5/7/2014Outside the lights in the trees and a lighted fountain made an attractive first impression. We were seated promptly in a comfortable booth after being offered a table if we preferred. The smoked salmon appetizer was delicious. Our main courses were shrimp scampi and I had veal which was excellent. For desert we had limoncello torte which was amazing.Special Features:
- CaliforniansSiegelDined on 4/29/2014Outstanding. Our guest was gluten intolerant, and the chef came to our table making suggestions and how she wanted her entrée prepared. Our waiter, Tom, made superb suggestions regarding pairings. The best meal we had during our stay in St. Louis.Special Features:
- Exceptional Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Exceptional Italian food in a convenient central location. Outstanding service, delicious Italian selections and good value.Special Features:
- Outstanding, as usualLifterVIPDined on 4/19/2014Bel Lago's is our go to resautrant. Always good. My wife had the lobster, which she has had several times, and I had veal parmagian, which I think is the best in the city. As usual, great service as well. You cannot miss here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved having a corner booth.cherylDined on 4/12/2014Loved having a corner booth. The food was excellent- swordfish special, scampi and bone-in veal chop. Waiter was very personable and knowledgable about the menu and preparation (also ingredients).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNewtoSTLDined on 4/11/2014The food was fantastic. Best salmon I"ve had anywhere. The service was excellent and we felt very welcome as first time guests. After we decided to not go for dessert, the manager gave us a taste of something devine that was similar to a shake with liqueur in it that made us want to go back just for dessert sometime. I highly recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedKevinandKatDined on 4/7/2014We went here based on an article I read in St. Louis Magazine - A lot of the reviews said it was small portions, high prices etc.. We did not have this experience as the dishes we chose were plentiful and tasteful. The dessert was outstanding and the service was top notch - one item I was disappointed in was, the wine selection. Young and not so much of a good selection to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHMGjrDined on 4/5/2014The service we received was spectacular. Our waiter was very good in answering any questions and provided recommendations. The veal was awesome. We were never rushed and were able to enjoy a relaxing and great dinner.Special Features:
- Very good food. Broad menuLLeyDined on 4/5/2014Very good food. Broad menu for gluten free pasta. Would definately go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat...great Italian foodmwbusinesstravelerVIPDined on 3/24/2014Had the penne vegetable with chicken added, and the panzanella salad. Just excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant, we'veLifterVIPDined on 3/22/2014Our favorite restaurant, we've been here many times and never disappointed. My wife absolutely loves it. Bel Lago is the best on the city. Great service from Ivaylo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceRioStarDined on 3/22/2014This place is indeed a hidden gem. I love the decor. The service was excellent as i and my guests were greeted with a smile. The server was very attentative and had a great personality. My friends were very impressed as well with this restaurant. This was a perfect choice for a birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noise from barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The food was very good, but the noise from the bar bleeds into the dining area.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service & FoodFoodieMumDined on 3/15/2014Tucked in strip mall in Creve Coeur, Il Bel Lago is a surprise - great service, ambience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although crowded and loud,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Although crowded and loud, the food and atmosphere were incredible. Chef Frank was amazing and personally introduced his specials. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Evening!ktreeseDined on 3/1/2014Everything about El Bel Lago was appealing. The food and drinks were exceptionally good, complemented by excellent service. Be sure to try the Lemoncello Martini! The wine list is just right. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hill quality foodpamstlVIPDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant offers outstanding Italian food and it's not located on the hill, so it is a nice change of pace.Special Features: